Denon vs Yamaha reliability - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3Likes

post #31 of 38 Old 12-31-2013, 05:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Every current low to mid-level Yamaha I've seen has a "Made In China' label on the back. I think that's been going on for a few years now. Sony and Onkyo receivers are mostly manufactured in Malaysia. Pioneer and HK are Chinese made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 12-31-2013, 05:07 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Denon is Chinese made as well.
post #33 of 38 Old 10-20-2015, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
sorry, bringing this topic back to life, but I have many issues with my Denon 1913, specifically using airplay and then the Denon freezing up. This requires me to pull out the plug & then I lose all my settings. I may go with a Yamaha, Sony, or Pioneer next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 10-21-2015, 06:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 420 Post(s)
Liked: 348
I had constant issues with my last Yamaha 6150. hdmi board. Sent it in for repairs, warranty but had to pay for shipping, still wasn't fixed. The Yammie before that,similar issue with hdmi but in fairness it was one of the first with hdmi - rxv-4600. That is now powering my atmos speakers. Very strong amp, runs 4 ohms all day long.

Denon x4000. Used 16 hrs per day. 2 years now. Red lights and shutdowns after 11 months. Redone all cables, still did it. Factory reset it a few times...seems ok. But I still get some popping in speakers when it turns on.
Denon x4100. So far so good. But only used on weekends and 1 year old.

Denon Multeq is far better then ypao. But ypao is good, you just need to learn how to use it. Denon's multeq is very easy, and their onscreen menus easy, and their ability to send hdmi to other zones without rca's is great.

Both good names. Both sound good, different, but good. Yamaha is a bit brighter and better for music. Denon better for movies.
post #35 of 38 Old 10-21-2015, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium910 View Post
sorry, bringing this topic back to life, but I have many issues with my Denon 1913, specifically using airplay and then the Denon freezing up. This requires me to pull out the plug & then I lose all my settings. I may go with a Yamaha, Sony, or Pioneer next time.
Weird thread to post in. Is there any chance you have artwork embedded in the music files? If so and they are
fairly dense pictures denon airplay will shut down. If not they are picky about what router you use. Yamaha
airplay plays any embedded artwork no problem. My network never disconnects and never unplugged receiver for years.

Ypao is nothing great. Audyssey multieq is crap. Xt is decent and xt32 kicks ypao butt. Like the x4000.
post #36 of 38 Old 10-28-2015, 04:29 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Will you need ceiling speakers for the new DTSx or will the basic 7.1 works?
post #37 of 38 Old 02-22-2017, 07:13 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aurora85 View Post
Hi,<br>
I've narrowed down my search between the avr-1913 and the RX-V573. Reliability is my overall concern. I was leaning towards the denon for a few of the features but have heard that Yamaha reliability is about the best it comes with receivers. Looking for some good opinions/info . Thanks!<br><br>
This receiver will be hardwired into my network and will be pushing a simple 5.1 system with a Samsung plasma smart tv.
I have an V675 and love the unit, i am a fan of Yamaha. That being said i am open to being swayed
post #38 of 38 Old 09-28-2017, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Im done with Denon...Sent off my AVRS710 earlier this year for a ....wait for it......HDMI board failure. It worked for 6 months and it just went out again. Now the Denon rep is telling me to go screw off to best buy. Well, i just did that, and of course they did nothing. This receiver is only 2 years old.

I want a refund. But what Denon is going to end up doing is to try to get me to upgrade to another problem ridden finicky receiver. So now i have to dig my 25 year old Kenwood out of the closet again while i figure this out...

I'm switching to Yamaha Unless a Denon rep gives me a good reason not to. Seriously. I will use this hunk for a garage stereo and pile a bunch of crap on it. It will forever be emitting analog audio because that's all it can manage to do. Dam thing.

Grrr, im so mad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4520ci Receiver , Yamaha Rx A3020 9 2 Channel Network Aventage Av Receiver , Yamaha Rx V663 Receiver , Denon Avr1910 7 1 Channel Multi Zone Home Theater Receiver With 1080p Hdmi Connectivity , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver , Denon Avr 1913 Receiver , Yamaha Rx V573 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page