The **OFFICIAL** Marantz SR5008, SR6008 and SR7008 AV Receiver Owner's Thread - Page 170 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2885Likes

post #5071 of 5082 Old 03-23-2019, 03:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 690 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21846 Post(s)
Liked: 11842
Quote:
Originally Posted by The ACM View Post
EDIT:
Damnit. Found the problem. A banana plug on the back of the receiver was touching the other.
Thanks for reporting back. And another reminder for others that when the AVR only goes into protection mode as the volume is raised higher, it generally means there is a loose speaker wire from one post touching another post.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5072 of 5082 Old 03-23-2019, 10:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Thanks for reporting back. And another reminder for others that when the AVR only goes into protection mode as the volume is raised higher, it generally means there is a loose speaker wire from one post touching another post.
That was a first for me. My LR channel wires are a little short so when I unplugged my LSi9s I probably pulled it loose on the back of the SR7008.

Now I know. I thought I was crazy.
post #5073 of 5082 Old 04-13-2019, 04:04 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to do a factory reset on my SR7008 - firmware up to date.

I've followed the manual, turn off power, press power, game and A-DSX - nothing happens. tried a bunch of times. I've searched, tried other methods.. is there something I'm missing something?

Reason I want to do this is I Bi-amped my front speakers (mids & highs to FL/FR bass to F Wide L/R) , set it to 5.1ch (bi-amp) + zone 2 and it sounds like the dialogue is coming from the fronts as well as the centre. So a fresh restart would be nice.

Thank you
5.1ch (Bi-Amp) + ZONE2
5.1ch (Bi-Amp) + ZONE2
5.1ch (Bi-Amp) + ZONE2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5074 of 5082 Old 04-13-2019, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by favian View Post
I'm wondering if anyone can help me. I'm trying to do a factory reset on my SR7008 - firmware up to date.

I've followed the manual, turn off power, press power, game and A-DSX - nothing happens. tried a bunch of times. I've searched, tried other methods.. is there something I'm missing something?

Reason I want to do this is I Bi-amped my front speakers (mids & highs to FL/FR bass to F Wide L/R) , set it to 5.1ch (bi-amp) + zone 2 and it sounds like the dialogue is coming from the fronts as well as the centre. So a fresh restart would be nice.

Thank you
While pressing/holding the GAME + A-DSX buttons, you press and release the power button just as when normally powering on the AVR, releasing the GAME + A-DSX buttons after about 4-5 seconds. Note however, that using the AVR's "Bi-amp" setting is not likely to provide any real benefit as is often discussed in many threads.
post #5075 of 5082 Old 04-14-2019, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Assuming the data you were experiencing this from wasn't mixed that way?
What do you hear when you do each separate test tone signal?

Music, more music.
post #5076 of 5082 Old 04-15-2019, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by favian View Post

Thank you
While pressing/holding the GAME + A-DSX buttons, you press and release the power button just as when normally powering on the AVR, releasing the GAME + A-DSX buttons after about 4-5 seconds. Note however, that using the AVR's "Bi-amp" setting is not likely to provide any real benefit as is often discussed in many threads.
I appreciate your help. I figured out the manual was wrong with the biamp hook up drawing. The diagram onscreen showed different and that solved that issue.
post #5077 of 5082 Old 04-27-2019, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
In the setup menus for the SR7008 there is a Audio/Subwoofer Level setting to change the volume of the subwoofer. I thought this was a Global setting (same for all input sources). But what I found is that each input source - CD, hdmi 1, hdmi 2, can be set with a different subwoofer volume level. It does not mention this behavior in the manual. Is the way Subwoofer Volume level is supposed to work on a Marantz SR7008 (different for every source input)?

If I calibrate the receiver using Audyssey, it only needs to be calibrated once and it will work the same with all input sources?

Can I change the subwoofer volume after an Audyssey Calibaration if I want to change the amount of Bass?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Subwoofer.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	2559086  
post #5078 of 5082 Old 04-27-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstar333 View Post
In the setup menus for the SR7008 there is a Audio/Subwoofer Level setting to change the volume of the subwoofer. I thought this was a Global setting (same for all input sources). But what I found is that each input source - CD, hdmi 1, hdmi 2, can be set with a different subwoofer volume level. It does not mention this behavior in the manual. Is the way Subwoofer Volume level is supposed to work on a Marantz SR7008 (different for every source input)?

If I calibrate the receiver using Audyssey, it only needs to be calibrated once and it will work the same with all input sources?

Can I change the subwoofer volume after an Audyssey Calibaration if I want to change the amount of Bass?
1. Although on current models it is global, IIRC, on the 2013 models it is source dependent.
2. Correct.
3. Yes. In fact, most owners find the bass to be too weak so will generally increase it about 3-5dB (eg. -6dB to -1dB).
post #5079 of 5082 Old 06-10-2019, 03:11 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Marantz sr5008 and 4k content?

I read that the Marantz sr5008 is 4k compatible. Pass-through as well. But I also read it doesn't support 2.2hdcp for protected content.

Are there other limitations this receiver might have the I should be aware of prior to purchasing a 4k tv?
post #5080 of 5082 Old 06-10-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Martin View Post
I read that the Marantz sr5008 is 4k compatible. Pass-through as well. But I also read it doesn't support 2.2hdcp for protected content.

Are there other limitations this receiver might have the I should be aware of prior to purchasing a 4k tv?
First understand that the browser you are using is unable to use the letter "s" so the forum posts an "s" as "&#115" so your posts are going to be difficult to read.

Unfortunately although these models started out as 4k capable, when HDCP was upgraded to 2.2 in 2015, that made these models no longer 4k capable. You must purchase a 2015 model (ie. SR5010) or later model for it to be 4k/HDCP 2.2 capable.
post #5081 of 5082 Old 06-10-2019, 08:26 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:

First understand that the browser you are using is unable to use the letter "s" so the forum posts an "s" as "s" so your posts are going to be difficult to read.

Unfortunately although these models started out as 4k capable, when HDCP was upgraded to 2.2 in 2015, that made these models no longer 4k capable. You must purchase a 2015 model (ie. SR5010) or later model for it to be 4k/HDCP 2.2 capable.
Yes I know about hdcp 2.2... But can't i still play 4k content. Say I have a 4k blu ray trilogy pack and extract the movie to my pc, isn't hdcp 2.2 all of sudden irrelevant because there won't be any file protection anymore?
post #5082 of 5082 Old 06-10-2019, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Yes I know about hdcp 2.2... But can't i still play 4k content. Say I have a 4k blu ray trilogy pack and extract the movie to my pc, isn't hdcp 2.2 all of sudden irrelevant because there won't be any file protection anymore?
If HDCP is no longer relevant it might work. Otherwise, without using a 3rd party device (eg. HD Fury) between the source and the AVR, the source would have to pass the 4k video to the TV and the audio either separately to the AVR or if passing both video+audio to the TV, use HDMI(ARC)/Optical Audio Out to pass the audio back from the TV.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
audio , avr , bluray , Marantz Sr5008 , Marantz Sr6008 , Marantz Sr7008 , passhtough , passthrough , uhd

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page