No HDMI Video Through 3806 from HTPC to Panasonic TC-P65VT60 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-23-2013, 12:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just replace my old Samsung DLP HDTV with a new Panasonic plasma. But now I got no video through the receiver! Connecting my Windows 7 HTPC with HDMI directly to the tv working perfectly. But not through the Denon 3896. Now I haven't upgraded any firmware on my receiver. I didn't have to. What would be the best course on action? I setup up my receiver to pass-through the signal but maybe there's a setting I missed. Like I said everything was working fine with my old tv. After it broke doen I brought a 39" LED from Walmart to watch temporarily until I save up enough money for my ne plasma and that tv worked fine as well with no alterations to the configuration of the Denon. Could someone explain this issue to me and how I can resolve it. Any Denon dealer out there?

Thanks

p.s. Bought all new cables with the latest spec from Monoprice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-24-2013, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 110
Is there a firmware update for your new TV?

Which video card are you using on your HTPC?

Connect your htpc to your receiver and then from the receiver to the tv via hdmi. Connect a second monitor if possible and make sure the display device is your receiver, not your tv.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I tried that and the picture does display through the secondary monitor. The video card is ATI Radeon 5550 Fanless. Plus I tested it with the built-in GPU on the Intel i5. Neither worked. The TV itself has the latest firmware updates. It picture goes show when the PC first starts up during the bois portion. Once the Windows logo shows everything goes black.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2013, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 110
I assume your video card has an hdmi and dvi output. Connect the dvi output directly to your hdtv and set that as display 1. Connect an hdmi cable from the video card to the input on your receiver and set that as display 2. Extend the desktop from display 1 to display 2. This way, you can switch inputs on the hdtv and receiver without losing the signal and having to reboot the receiver, hdtv, and/or htpc.

I used this method worked perfectly with an Anthem, Marantz, and Onkyo receiver.

If this solution doesn't work, you may try using a Gefen hdmi detective.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Denon Avr 3806 7 1 Channel Home Theater A V Surround Receiver Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page