The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A730 & RX-A830 Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 61Likes

post #181 of 344 Old 07-10-2014, 07:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by winston9332 View Post
Dont know if i have a fried board or what, but cannot get component video into av1 or av2 with any component device. Strangely, i can get some input if i connect a composite output to the green video connection of the component inputs. Colors and clarity are way off, but there's clearly a picture.

I assume you have HDMI from the receiver to the TV? These models don't convert component to HDMI (except for 480i, which you noticed by connecting a composite signal). So if you need component inputs to the receiver you also need to add a component connection from receiver to TV (or just connect the video directly from source to TV).

The 1030 will do what you want, but not the 730 or 830.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #182 of 344 Old 07-26-2014, 12:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What music streaming service sounds best with the RX A730? Spotify supposedly is the highest quality but Rhapsody seems to produce the best sound. Any advice will be appreciated.
post #183 of 344 Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
RX-A830 and Direct TV HR44 HDMI Craziness

First time I've posted here. Usually, when I have a problem I come here and find out how to fix it. I am not so fortunate this time.

I've got an HR44 acting as a server. I have a theater with a JVC DLA RS49U projector fed from a Yamaha RS-A830 AV receiver where the HR44 is connected, or to be connected. All my devices are running the latest firmware. When I connect the HR44 to the Yamaha, the HR44 locks up and locks up all my mini Genies. I have to reboot the HR44 with the Yamaha disconnected. When I bypass the Yamaha and connect straight to the projector, it works great. The Yamaha claims to support pass through, but I find it strange that just connecting the HR44 to a receiver would bring it to its knees. I have component feeding a different display and it seems to be stable. I have disabled HDCP on all devices. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #184 of 344 Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Help needed for 2 issues

Hi

A lot of information on this forum but couldnt find what i was looking for.

First i have some issues having good suround sound. I follow all your advices to improve the sound and it worked but still couldnt feel the sound from the back speakers when watching tv. I tested the output in the manual sound setup and they work. Any settings i missed?

Second issues is the second zone. All work as i want except for the base that its missing on the speakers. Any setting needed to remove the 80hz cutoff?

Thanks

Philippe
post #185 of 344 Old 08-06-2014, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
A730 switches input shortly after powering on

Hello all. New to the forums. Picked up an A730 and having an issue with it auto switching inputs after turning everything on. Not sure if it's a receiver issue or TV setting but can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated.

TV (arc input) connected via hdmi to receiver. TV is samsung plasma F5500. Arc activates on tv to allow audio to switch over when using smart tv features or apps. All work fine and switches back to cable audio once I leave a smat tv or app.

However when initially tuning on the system, cable box, tv and receiver turn on, cable video and audio turn on, but after 4-8seconds the receiver changes to the AV4 input which is configured as the TV input and I loose audio but cable video remains.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
post #186 of 344 Old 08-07-2014, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ Turn off ARC and HDMI control. Run an optical cable from TV to receiver and use that instead of ARC. It's the only way you get to make the system do what you want instead of it doing what it wants. Then use a universal remote if you want a single button press to turn everything on.
post #187 of 344 Old 08-07-2014, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ Turn off ARC and HDMI control. Run an optical cable from TV to receiver and use that instead of ARC. It's the only way you get to make the system do what you want instead of it doing what it wants. Then use a universal remote if you want a single button press to turn everything on.
Was afraid that was the only option. Hoping there was a config setting I could try. Wires in wall and pulling an optical cable through now is almost impossible. Wish the ARC was a bit smarter as it works perfect except for the initial powering up.
post #188 of 344 Old 08-08-2014, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^ Maybe there is a better option, but it comes up all the time and I don't remember seeing one (and I don't have an ARC capable TV so I can't try it myself).

The strange things is that Yamaha seem convinced it's working as intended, because they haven't changed the behaviour for several generations, and there's even an FAQ entry that states "By default AV4 is setup as your ARC input". So they expect it to switch to AV4.

Maybe the order in which you turn things on can make a difference?
post #189 of 344 Old 08-15-2014, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Disregard

Last edited by SLIDEx; 08-15-2014 at 11:28 PM.
post #190 of 344 Old 08-19-2014, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello All,

Wife just upgraded her cell phone so now I use her HTC DNA for internet Jazz with my A830. The Beats audio thing sounds great playing via Bluetooth. No jazz stations in the Philly area. I use to use the iPad via Airplay. The Yamaha A830 is a beast! With the Energy RC-30's
post #191 of 344 Old 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM

AV 830 iPAD Controller

have av830 and controller on my ipad -- set up Rhapsody and internet radio book marks -- in general it works fine but periodically it drops the connection to the device -- sor to f llocks up -- and then comes back.

i have comcast wifi -- and they set everything to channel 11 for better apple connection -- so is there any other setting on av830 or apple or comcast i can use to maintain connection?
post #192 of 344 Old 09-02-2014, 02:12 PM

av 830 zone 2

does anyone know how to pas my inbound HDMI 1 signal tha tgoes into unit for cable -- then uses hdmi out to my tv.

i use smart tv which can access amazon cloud -- sooo id like to be able to send the sound as outpout ot a source i can pick for zone 2 -- so i was thinking the rca audio out from hdmi 1 to audio one input -- and then select audio 1 on zone 2 -- and have same sound playing on both zones...

this owudl be helpful when what i am listieing to on tv (football ie cable, cable music, smart tv apps like amazon cloud) needs to be on zone 2 -- and then use party mode to have it in synch.
post #193 of 344 Old 10-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 33
set "scene" buttons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recspec View Post
Hello all. New to the forums. Picked up an A730 and having an issue with it auto switching inputs after turning everything on. Not sure if it's a receiver issue or TV setting but can't figure it out. Any help greatly appreciated.

TV (arc input) connected via hdmi to receiver. TV is samsung plasma F5500. Arc activates on tv to allow audio to switch over when using smart tv features or apps. All work fine and switches back to cable audio once I leave a smat tv or app.

However when initially tuning on the system, cable box, tv and receiver turn on, cable video and audio turn on, but after 4-8seconds the receiver changes to the AV4 input which is configured as the TV input and I loose audio but cable video remains.

Any suggestions? Thanks.
I run my cable HDMI directly to the tv, but use the optical out on the cable box to the Yamaha (HDMI wouldn't give satisfactory lip-sync results, better with the output from the cable box.) I am using a remote with Macro function, but what you can do is program your cable viewing settings (video and audio input and surround preferences) onto one of the scene buttons (TV). Then, I haven't tried it, but program the video and audio input that you want on another scene button (say net)=I don't know if this will work, but if it does, then you have a single button press on the remote for cable and another for tv apps, etc.
I use a remote with Macros, but program using the scene button (saves macro steps and less chance of it fouling up)-but as I said I have not tried to do the tv on another scene setting. It may work.
Good luck
post #194 of 344 Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hello Paulrpetersench

i used the blue tooth adapter http://usa.yamaha.com/products/audio...ries/yba-11_w/
when is use the old verizon dna phone with beats audio. but the ipad sounds better using the airplay mode.

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
post #195 of 344 Old 10-13-2014, 01:19 AM

Question Internet connection issue

Hi Guys
Picked up an A830 yesterday and must say that I am very impressed so far.
I am however having an issue with its networking setup. I have wired the receiver to my router (provided by Sky) and the information screen shows the receiver as being "connected" and provides an IP Address and MAC address. I am unable however to access any of the net functions, such as Internet Radio. Neither can I get the Yamaha iOS App to find the receiver, even if I use the IP Address. I have looked in the Admin section of my router and it does not show that IP Address as being in use. Also the receiver is showing a firmware version (of I believe 1.48) and has not prompted me to update the firmware. All of the above is making me think that it is not actually connected.
I have a Sonos, PS4 and Sky box hardwired to the router and various devices connected via wireless without any issues.
The receiver is brand new but I am hoping to not have to disconnect everything and take it back to the store.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
post #196 of 344 Old 10-13-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzP View Post
Hi Guys
Picked up an A830 yesterday and must say that I am very impressed so far.
I am however having an issue with its networking setup. I have wired the receiver to my router (provided by Sky) and the information screen shows the receiver as being "connected" and provides an IP Address and MAC address. I am unable however to access any of the net functions, such as Internet Radio. Neither can I get the Yamaha iOS App to find the receiver, even if I use the IP Address. I have looked in the Admin section of my router and it does not show that IP Address as being in use. Also the receiver is showing a firmware version (of I believe 1.48) and has not prompted me to update the firmware. All of the above is making me think that it is not actually connected.
I have a Sonos, PS4 and Sky box hardwired to the router and various devices connected via wireless without any issues.
The receiver is brand new but I am hoping to not have to disconnect everything and take it back to the store.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
As an update to the above having now rechecked the receiver after it having been off and the router restarted it is now stuck on "please wait"...
post #197 of 344 Old 10-20-2014, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Video processor in 830

Wondering if anybody knows the make and quality of the video processor, as regards it's up scaling capability. I am trying to decide if it is better to set the 830 for processing to 1080p and let it upscale from my cable HD-DTA converter boxes signal, versus setting the 830 to passive and letting my Epson 6030 projector do the processing. Then I could leave the de interlacing off on the Epson.
The other question is would it be best to set the DTA converter box to Auto or to 1080i?
I assume that whatever I choose for the Yamaha will not affect the Blu-ray signal, correct. On the Epson board somebody said the processor in his receiver (onkyo) is a lot better than the processor in the Epson.
Sorry for the many questions.
post #198 of 344 Old 10-22-2014, 07:32 PM

I'm trying to hook up a sonance sonamp A800 to my RX-A830 and need some help. I have the A800 connected to Sub 1 and when I run the test tone the active light comes on the A800 but no sound comes out of my subwoofer. I've doubled checked my connections. Is there anything I missed or can do to test my set up?
Thanks for the help.
post #199 of 344 Old 11-03-2014, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
How would you all rate this vs the RX-V675? My HDMI output died this weekend on my RX-V667. I'm comparing the A-830 ($499) and the V675 ($399). I realize the 830 is Aventage... does it make that much difference vs the cheaper 675?

\m/
post #200 of 344 Old 11-03-2014, 05:02 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2800
The differences are looks and pre-outs. I owned both, still own the 830 for the pre-outs.
post #201 of 344 Old 11-03-2014, 05:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 2579 Post(s)
Liked: 2800
Wait, forgot a big one, the 830 has 8 position YPAO and the 675 has one.
post #202 of 344 Old 11-04-2014, 07:51 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Thanks!

\m/
post #203 of 344 Old 11-13-2014, 04:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Looking to Upgrade

I am a current owner of the RX-v375 and am looking to upgrade to 7.2. Does the RX-A730 offer manual parametric equalization? Thanks.
post #204 of 344 Old 11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymacIII View Post
I am a current owner of the RX-v375 and am looking to upgrade to 7.2. Does the RX-A730 offer manual parametric equalization? Thanks.

Yes, but not for the subwoofer.
post #205 of 344 Old 11-13-2014, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
Yes, but not for the subwoofer.
Awesome. I was looking for a receiver that I could run Room EQ Wizard and enter the settings in manually. I will get the mini DSP for the sub. I've read good things about the sound quality of this receiver.
post #206 of 344 Old 11-13-2014, 08:06 PM

Im thinking of getting the RX-A840BL.

I have two questions for current owners:

1. How are its audio-switching speeds? I'll have multiple TV screens and will switch volume from TV to TV.

2. How many audio inputs can I cram on the unit using all available resources (optical/coax/RCA/aux-front inputs). Of courseI can see the picture of the back of the unit, but there are often some not-so-apparent details that add or delete an input.
post #207 of 344 Old 11-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Is this going to be the home for the A740 as well? Just picked one up and have a few Q's.
post #208 of 344 Old 11-19-2014, 02:23 PM

Hi guys,

I recently bought a new yamaha receiver and I am not sure if I have it set up for optimal sound from bluray and netflix viewing. I have a 7.1 setup and my audio guys told me to leave it on surround decode and I should get the best audio. Is this true?

Also I should say that I have a Sony BDP-s5200 bluray player. Should I set up the audio settings on that thing as well or leave it at default audio if I want to grab the best audio track or lossless sound
post #209 of 344 Old 11-20-2014, 03:05 AM

Unhappy Networking Help on RX-A830

Im stumped as to whats going on with my network connection on the back of my unit.

Im hard wired into my router, I can see pandora, Spotify, internet radio and everything show up all refreshed and ready to go however as soon as I select something to play (stream) after about 10-20 seconds the stream drops and watching the TX/RX leds on my router they both go dead implying the connection has been completely lost however all other ports on my router are fine and continue to work. After a few seconds the connection will come back and I will have streaming audio again until it does the exact same thing over and over and over again, it will never just hold a solid signal for longer than a few seconds and I have tried different ports on my router as well as different routers. I have tried different cables, Ive tried an ethernet to Wifi converter unit from yamaha and nothing seems to help. Has anyone else had anything like this happen to then and if so how did you resolve it? I don't really use the audio streaming too much but I paid for that feature dammit and I want it to work lol..

ps: I have also tried both static and dynamic IP addresses, and I have just updated to the latest firmware which funny enough it let me stay connected long enough to complete that but not stream any audio
post #210 of 344 Old 12-01-2014, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So I thought that I would come back here and give an update to my question regarding having the Yamaha RX A 730 and then buying a pair of Polk RTi A7's due to the deal Crutchfield was having where you got a Polk sub worth $299 for free or the ability to put more money down and get an even better sub which i did.

At the same time i was told that I should bi-amp the A7 floor standing speakers to get more power coming to them. I have now been told via a PM by someone kind enough to give me some advice that bi-amping is not what I need to do as that takes power away from the other speakers.

I am adding this just in case anyone else might have that question as he said it had been asked many many times in the threads that he usually writes in.

I quote; "regardless of what kind of speakers they are -- everyone's immediate response is "No, don't bother. Doing so does nothing whatsoever to improve sound quality... and it also takes away power that could be going to the other speakers in your system."

He also said that even the speakers he has along with a better A/V receiver in the Yamaha line, that even with speakers three times the value of mine at $499 for one, that no one would ever tell you to bi-amp that is knowledgeable in sound systems.

So, there you have it. Now I am still wondering what I should do next but but at least I learned something new...

Last edited by Drumz; 12-01-2014 at 11:03 PM. Reason: update/edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Energy 5 1 Take Classic Home Theater System , Energy Rc 30 Reference Connoisseur 3 Way Tower Speakers Pair Black Ash Veneer , lossless , tidal , Yamaha , yamaha rx a830 , Yamaha Rx A830 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page