The "Official" Yamaha AVENTAGE RX-A730 & RX-A830 Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 61Likes

post #241 of 344 Old 01-27-2015, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hello All.

Has anyone tried this:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/yamaha-y...&skuId=6208639

June
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 344 Old 01-27-2015, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Should work fine. It's cheaper from other online sources.
post #243 of 344 Old 01-31-2015, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulimet View Post
Is Yamaha not as popular as Onkyo and D&M? I am surprised this thread only has 8 pages. Official threads for Onkyo and D&M models have hundreds of pages.

Anyway, today I ordered the A830 from accessories4less. I got tired of the network issues with my Marantz 6008 and Denon E300, and it seems like Yamaha has less problems than D&M.
I hope I made the right decision. It should get here by Friday.

I noticed the same thing re. number of posts here. Have been considering the $499 830 deal so decided to browse through here.

Ed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 344 Old 01-31-2015, 09:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Have been considering the $499 830 deal so decided to browse through here.
They must have raised the price. It was $449 when I ordered it.

So far so good. No problems.
post #245 of 344 Old 02-01-2015, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
They must have raised the price. It was $449 when I ordered it.

So far so good. No problems.

Thanks for the feedback-appreciate it. I'm in no great hurry so guess I'll wait & see if it goes back down.

Ed
post #246 of 344 Old 02-03-2015, 09:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evinyatar View Post
Have a look at EventGhost; I've used that to automate my media center in the past. One of the things I did was send IR commands to my Z-5500 to toggle on and off when the computer resumed or went to standby, so this is definitely possible. There may even be a plugin available for Yamaha receivers so you don't even have to roll your own http calls.
Thanks, I'll have a look, although on second thought I'm not sure that's what I need. What I need is, when I start my media player (MPC-HC) or audio player (winamp) the receiver should turn on. (like making handshake in the manual) I'm not sure if it's possible.

So, for now that cron script is working well. A modified version is below.

I mainly sit before my laptop working, reading and listening music (in 7ch mode; don't throw stones at me! ), or watching something using straight through or drama mode (latter for 2ch sources to be able to use the DPLII decoder).
Setup: laptop -> (hdmi) receiver -> (hdmi) TV
So, when I was there I created some small batch scripts for my Windows 8.1, and here I post these, maybe somebody else is using it the same way like I do. No need to push the buttons on the remote several times, just double click the desired setup.
I put out a shortcuts onto Desktop to easily access them. (I have debugged the xml commands on the web-setup page in Chrome.)
You need wget.exe for this to work from here "http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/" , and just copy into c:\windows directory.
As you will see below, we can fire up multiple "commands" in 1 command. We only have to separate the turnOn command, since the unit needs couple of seconds to be turned on.

YamA830 TurnOnOff.cmd :
Code:
REM Turn On or Off the unit
C:\Windows\wget.exe "http://192.168.1.71/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" --quiet -O NUL --header="Content-Type:text/xml" --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Power_Control><Power>On/Standby</Power></Power_Control></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
YamA830 Music.cmd :
Code:
REM set to Music mode: Vol -45 DB, 7ch stereo mode, Enhancer On, Straight Off
C:\Windows\wget.exe "http://192.168.1.71/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" --quiet -O NUL --header="Content-Type:text/xml" --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume><Surround><Program_Sel><HDMI_1><Enhancer>On</Enhancer><Sound_Program>7ch Stereo</Sound_Program><Straight>Off</Straight></HDMI_1></Program_Sel></Surround></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
YamA830 Movie.cmd :
Code:
REM set to Movie mode: Vol -45 DB, Drama mode, Enhancer Off, Straight On
C:\Windows\wget.exe "http://192.168.1.71/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" --quiet -O NUL --header="Content-Type:text/xml" --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume><Surround><Program_Sel><HDMI_1><Enhancer>Off</Enhancer><Sound_Program>Drama</Sound_Program><Straight>On</Straight></HDMI_1></Program_Sel></Surround></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
YamA830 Movie 2ch.cmd :
Code:
REM set to Movie mode: Vol -45 DB, Drama mode, Enhancer On, Straight Off
C:\Windows\wget.exe "http://192.168.1.71/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" --quiet -O NUL --header="Content-Type:text/xml" --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume><Surround><Program_Sel><HDMI_1><Enhancer>On</Enhancer><Sound_Program>Drama</Sound_Program><Straight>Off</Straight></HDMI_1></Program_Sel></Surround></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
And finally the modified cron script and entry on OpenWRT (Linux) to wake up the unit every morning and prepare it for listening music:

wol.sh :
Code:
#!/bin/sh

IPADDR="192.168.1.71"
WGETSWITCHES='--quiet -O- --header="Content-Type:text/xml"'

# turn on the A830 from Standby
wget "http://$IPADDR/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" $WGETSWITCHES --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Power_Control><Power>On</Power></Power_Control></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
# wait for 8 seconds to actually be turned on
sleep 8
# set to Music mode: 7ch stereo mode, Enhancer On, Straight Off
wget "http://$IPADDR/YamahaRemoteControl/ctrl" $WGETSWITCHES --post-data="<YAMAHA_AV cmd=\"PUT\"><Main_Zone><Volume><Lvl><Val>-450</Val><Exp>1</Exp><Unit>dB</Unit></Lvl></Volume><Surround><Program_Sel><HDMI_1><Enhancer>On</Enhancer><Sound_Program>7ch Stereo</Sound_Program><Straight>Off</Straight></HDMI_1></Program_Sel></Surround></Main_Zone></YAMAHA_AV>"
And the cron entry:
Code:
# wake it up every weekday at 6:30
30 6 * * 1-5 /root/.yamaha/wol.sh > /dev/null

Last edited by chros73; 07-17-2018 at 05:34 AM.
post #247 of 344 Old 02-22-2015, 05:10 PM

Liked: 0
Arc

Hello guys,
I have a Yamaha RX-A830 with a sony kdl-55hx750 tv.
I can't work the ARC out.
Can anyone help?
post #248 of 344 Old 02-23-2015, 04:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charl_de_Burgh View Post
I can't work the ARC out.
What do you mean about this?
post #249 of 344 Old 02-25-2015, 05:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by old corps View Post
Quote:
Is Yamaha not as popular as Onkyo and D&M? I am surprised this thread only has 8 pages. Official threads for Onkyo and D&M models have hundreds of pages.

Anyway, today I ordered the A830 from accessories4less. I got tired of the network issues with my Marantz 6008 and Denon E300, and it seems like Yamaha has less problems than D&M.
I hope I made the right decision. It should get here by Friday.

I noticed the same thing re. number of posts here. Have been considering the $499 830 deal so decided to browse through here.

Ed
IMHO, the reason for the "lack of posts" or seemingly not as popular as...is that these are very good, fair priced units that have minimal issues. That's a selling point in my mind. My 830 hums along handling whatever I throw at it. I'm very happy!
post #250 of 344 Old 03-01-2015, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hello!

I recently bought RX-A830. I am having hard time understanding how I could use the dialoque lift feature. I currently have 3.0 setup and I am going to upgrade to 5.0 within couple of days. At the moment when I try to use dialoque lift the option only shows "---" and cant be adjusted. Do I need to have more speakers or what I am missing here?
post #251 of 344 Old 03-01-2015, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiipeli View Post
Hello!

I recently bought RX-A830. I am having hard time understanding how I could use the dialoque lift feature. I currently have 3.0 setup and I am going to upgrade to 5.0 within couple of days. At the moment when I try to use dialoque lift the option only shows "---" and cant be adjusted. Do I need to have more speakers or what I am missing here?
I do it via the Yamaha AV Control smartphone app. It works really well and easy to use. Not sure how to do it using the remote control though.

post #252 of 344 Old 03-01-2015, 11:55 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzan1234 View Post
I do it via the Yamaha AV Control smartphone app. It works really well and easy to use. Not sure how to do it using the remote control though.
I can access the option through smartphone app but it does not do anything.
post #253 of 344 Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 PM

Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I'm on the fence on purchasing the a830 from Amazon which is on sale. What kind of sound quality would I expect despite the fact that my main front speakers are a vintage pair of JVC SK-303 floor speakers?
post #254 of 344 Old 03-08-2015, 07:19 PM

I haven't read the whole thread, so if it's been answered before, I apologize. The video out on my RX-A730 seems to have gone out. Everything worked fine for few months and all of the sudden I get nothing out of my HDMI out. I'm running a pretty long cable, so decided to bring another TV to my receiver and still nothing. What's more concerning is that I get nothing our of component out AND composite out.
Anyone else having these problems?
TIA
post #255 of 344 Old 03-09-2015, 07:12 PM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Recspec View Post
Was afraid that was the only option. Hoping there was a config setting I could try. Wires in wall and pulling an optical cable through now is almost impossible. Wish the ARC was a bit smarter as it works perfect except for the initial powering up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kriktsemaj99 View Post
^ Maybe there is a better option, but it comes up all the time and I don't remember seeing one (and I don't have an ARC capable TV so I can't try it myself).

The strange things is that Yamaha seem convinced it's working as intended, because they haven't changed the behaviour for several generations, and there's even an FAQ entry that states "By default AV4 is setup as your ARC input". So they expect it to switch to AV4.

Maybe the order in which you turn things on can make a difference?
This is such bull crap.

I finally had my wife, parents, everyone who ever came by my house using the stereo. Use TV remote to turn on and off everything, adjust volume. I even stuck a label on it, power and volume. Use the other remote for everything else, media center, changing channels, stop, start, etc.

So I break down and spend several hundred $$$ on a new receiver. Airplay, yamaha, nice. I was using an Onkyo which the entire Home Theater was cheaper than this receiver.

Now, no matter what, when I turn on my TV (multiple times a day) after 10 seconds it switches to AV4 for no reason. Nothing is outputting, no reason. So I keep a 3rd Yamaha remote around and multiple times a day after turning on my stereo use it for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To press the HDMI1 button 10 seconds after I first turn on the receiver. I'm re-training everyone including the wife that it's still the same, 2 remotes, oh except wait 10 seconds then press HDMI 1 on this 3rd remote every time you turn on the TV, or if the sound isn't working.

So I opened a ticket with Yamaha. 7 weeks and 2 days later they got back with me:
Depending on the features/settings available in the TV, try to find something called audio priority in the TV's setup menu. If the setting is there, set it to receiver or audio system. That should fix the issue. If the option is not in the TV the only work around would be to turn off HDMI Contro/ARC in the setup menu of the Yamaha. And then for TV audio run a optical output from the TV to an optical input on the receiver.

I have a $3400 Samsung PN64F8500 and I can't find this option. I was hoping catching this thread someone would have a fix but I don't see it. I really don't want to spend another hundred dollars or more to buy a harmony remote just to avoid having to hit a button every time I turn everything on. Besides I'd have to teach everyone to use the new harmony lol.
post #256 of 344 Old 03-10-2015, 05:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I can access the option through smartphone app but it does not do anything.
I'll try out this evening. Maybe it only allows you to set it when you have 5.1/5.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Castrejon View Post
I'm on the fence on purchasing the a830 from Amazon which is on sale. What kind of sound quality would I expect despite the fact that my main front speakers are a vintage pair of JVC SK-303 floor speakers?
Well, probably the speakers can be the bottleneck and other equipments in the chain, I think the receiver is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanG View Post
I haven't read the whole thread, so if it's been answered before, I apologize. The video out on my RX-A730 seems to have gone out. Everything worked fine for few months and all of the sudden I get nothing out of my HDMI out. I'm running a pretty long cable, so decided to bring another TV to my receiver and still nothing. What's more concerning is that I get nothing our of component out AND composite out.
What about the other hdmi out? Have you tried other hdmi input? Do you get sound through the hdmi inputs?
If no video out at all then probably that part of the receiver is dead Do you still have warranty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro_ View Post
Now, no matter what, when I turn on my TV (multiple times a day) after 10 seconds it switches to AV4 for no reason. Nothing is outputting, no reason. So I keep a 3rd Yamaha remote around and multiple times a day after turning on my stereo use it for 1 reason and 1 reason only. To press the HDMI1 button 10 seconds after I first turn on the receiver. I'm re-training everyone including the wife that it's still the same, 2 remotes, oh except wait 10 seconds then press HDMI 1 on this 3rd remote every time you turn on the TV, or if the sound isn't working.
I can't help you with this, since I don't have any tv channel (fortunately ) . If your receiver on your LAN and you have a computer/linux based router you can circumvent this the way I did the turning on (couple of posts ago).
post #257 of 344 Old 03-10-2015, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros73 View Post
I'll try out this evening. Maybe it only allows you to set it when you have 5.1/5.0

Well, probably the speakers can be the bottleneck and other equipments in the chain, I think the receiver is pretty good.

What about the other hdmi out? Have you tried other hdmi input? Do you get sound through the hdmi inputs?
If no video out at all then probably that part of the receiver is dead Do you still have warranty?

I can't help you with this, since I don't have any tv channel (fortunately ) . If your receiver on your LAN and you have a computer/linux based router you can circumvent this the way I did the turning on (couple of posts ago).
I bought receiver anyway, and the sound quality is better overall, but not significant. I'm happy with the unit since it barely gets warm and it just works!
post #258 of 344 Old 03-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Hi everyone. With the 830 can you set the Cross Overs independently? Example Fronts to 40hz, Center to 60hz and Rears to 120hz? I read the Manual and it does not specify. Thanks in advance.
post #259 of 344 Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by mks100 View Post
Hi everyone. With the 830 can you set the Cross Overs independently? Example Fronts to 40hz, Center to 60hz and Rears to 120hz? I read the Manual and it does not specify. Thanks in advance.

The 830 has a single crossover frequency. You need the 2030 and up for individual crossovers.

One crossover is not ideal, but normally you wouldn't want to go as low as 40 (or even 60) for the fronts. So 80 or 100Hz often works even when you have fairly small surrounds. But if you have really small surrounds that need a higher crossover you may have to try the fronts set as Large (full range).

Last edited by kriktsemaj99; 03-11-2015 at 07:03 AM.
post #260 of 344 Old 03-12-2015, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have tried it out, and it's only available in certain modes . E.g.:
- in music 7.1 channel mode: n/a
- in movie passthrough mode: n/a
- in movie drama mode: available
So probably you use passthrough as well.

Something else: is the original microphone (for calibrating) special in any way?
My receiver was an open box, and the guy in the shop gave me a random microphone. Is it worth it to buy/order the original one? (probably it's not cheap)

Thanks
post #261 of 344 Old 03-12-2015, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by chros73 View Post
is the original microphone (for calibrating) special in any way?
My receiver was an open box, and the guy in the shop gave me a random microphone. Is it worth it to buy/order the original one? (probably it's not cheap)

These mics don't have a linear response, but they have a known response (within a certain tolerance) and YPAO compensates for that. So a different type of mic would likely lead to incorrect EQ being applied (but speaker distances and levels would still be OK). A mic from another recent model of Yamaha would quite likely work fine. The mics are not individually calibrated.
post #262 of 344 Old 03-12-2015, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 17
My 740 is doing one odd thing I don't quite understand. From time to time, while watching TV or a movie, the screen will suddenly go blank and the audio will drop out. Then it will cut back in and I'll see the TV showing that it believes it was just put through an input change.

Does the receiver have issues with HDMI port drop-outs? Is there a solution?
post #263 of 344 Old 03-13-2015, 06:30 AM

Videoprocessing issue

Hello all,

Maybe you are familiar with below issue, I hope anyone can help explain.

My tv settopbox is connected to the hdmi2 input of the receiver. My tv is connected to the hdmi output of the receiver.

My tv settopbox has a fixed output of 1080i and I want the receiver to process it to 1080p for my tv. This is working perfectly. But when I press for example the volume up/down buttons, a short volume slider indicator appears on the tv and my tv screen goes shorly blank. Videoprocessing stops and the receiver hdmi output changes back from 1080p to 1080i.

Even so, as soon as any kind of on-screen receiver message appears, videoprocessing is turned off and back on when exiting the on-screen message. This happens with the volume slider, the on-screen menu and also with the options menu.

As soon as an on-screen message appears, the receiver hdmi output (to the tv) reverts back to the signal format of the current active hdmi input. I would not expect videoprocessing to stop in such case. It should only stop if I set videoprocessing to OFF (i.e. direct).

Is anyone familiar with above issue and/or willing to test? Personally I find the issue rather strange; what is the use of videoprocessing when it stops as soon as a on-screen message appears, making my tv screen go shortly blank.

I already contacted Yamaha support. They can't reproduce the issue they say and advise to just not use the videoprocessing function (yeah right).

I have the same issue with my mediaplaying at 720p.
post #264 of 344 Old 03-17-2015, 03:50 AM

Hello all,

Is the anyone who already tested below?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaza123 View Post
Hello all,

Maybe you are familiar with below issue, I hope anyone can help explain.

My tv settopbox is connected to the hdmi2 input of the receiver. My tv is connected to the hdmi output of the receiver.

My tv settopbox has a fixed output of 1080i and I want the receiver to process it to 1080p for my tv. This is working perfectly. But when I press for example the volume up/down buttons, a short volume slider indicator appears on the tv and my tv screen goes shorly blank. Videoprocessing stops and the receiver hdmi output changes back from 1080p to 1080i.

Even so, as soon as any kind of on-screen receiver message appears, videoprocessing is turned off and back on when exiting the on-screen message. This happens with the volume slider, the on-screen menu and also with the options menu.

As soon as an on-screen message appears, the receiver hdmi output (to the tv) reverts back to the signal format of the current active hdmi input. I would not expect videoprocessing to stop in such case. It should only stop if I set videoprocessing to OFF (i.e. direct).

Is anyone familiar with above issue and/or willing to test? Personally I find the issue rather strange; what is the use of videoprocessing when it stops as soon as a on-screen message appears, making my tv screen go shortly blank.

I already contacted Yamaha support. They can't reproduce the issue they say and advise to just not use the videoprocessing function (yeah right).

I have the same issue with my mediaplayer at 720p.
post #265 of 344 Old 03-18-2015, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the receiver:

1. Does it appear as an airplay destination when it is in standby mode? Or can it be configured to do so?

2. If yes on previous question: Can I start “air playing” or “bluetoothing" to it when in standby and it will automatically wake up and switch to airplay source, without me having to do it manually?

3. Can you make it autostart and switch source when receiving signal from another source, like digital in or HDMI?

4. Can you show video (PS3) from 1 HDMI port and at the same time play audio(Not zone 2) from airplay/bluetooth/optical in?

5. Can you set up preset “scenes”, that you can switch to in the app, where specific video and audio sources are selected?

6. If you have paired the receiver with my laptop over bluetooth. Can I make it auto connect via bluetooth and wake up and play the computers audio as soon as I turn my laptop on without having to turn the receiver on separately?

7. Can you turn it on from standby in the app?

If you know the answer to any of these questions I'd be very grateful for an answer! Thanks!

Last edited by emattias; 03-18-2015 at 01:51 PM.
post #266 of 344 Old 03-19-2015, 12:11 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 707
Quote:
Originally Posted by emattias View Post
Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the receiver:

1. Does it appear as an airplay destination when it is in standby mode? Or can it be configured to do so?

2. If yes on previous question: Can I start “air playing” or “bluetoothing" to it when in standby and it will automatically wake up and switch to airplay source, without me having to do it manually?

3. Can you make it autostart and switch source when receiving signal from another source, like digital in or HDMI?

4. Can you show video (PS3) from 1 HDMI port and at the same time play audio(Not zone 2) from airplay/bluetooth/optical in?

5. Can you set up preset “scenes”, that you can switch to in the app, where specific video and audio sources are selected?

6. If you have paired the receiver with my laptop over bluetooth. Can I make it auto connect via bluetooth and wake up and play the computers audio as soon as I turn my laptop on without having to turn the receiver on separately?

If you know the answer to any of these questions I'd be very grateful for an answer! Thanks!
Just checked, and the answer to (1) and (2) is yes. The unit shows as an Airplay device on my Mac while in standby mode. Switching the output to the Yamaha in Mac Sound preferences and firing up iTunes turns the unit on and begins playback.

It can also be turned on (7) from the iPad app.

Spoiler!
post #267 of 344 Old 03-19-2015, 08:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emattias View Post

7. yes.
6. I don't know about the Bluetooth, but I'm using my receiver connected with ethernet cable to the local network. In this way you can do anything! Just read back a bit, I have written about this couple of post before.

@plaza123: sorry, I don't have any TV channels Only 1 laptop and internet
post #268 of 344 Old 03-22-2015, 03:41 PM

Whenever I play an audio CD or mp3 music on my PS3, the audio sometimes goes out for about less than a second and then comes back. I had this problems with my Onkyo receiver which eventually lead to HDMI board failure. Am I going to have the same problems again with this receiver or could it just be a handshake problem with the PS3 and the reciever?
post #269 of 344 Old 04-08-2015, 10:59 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Firmware Update Error

Hi,

I just purchased the RX-A830 and tried to update its firmware to V 1.60 after being prompted onscreen. I tried to do it online first and received an "ERROR! 1000" message on the display. After that, I tried to update it via USB, following the instruction in the firmware installation manual but received the same error. Finally, I tried to update it using the to update the firmware, following the troubleshooting instructions (i.e., unplug, hold "Pure Direct", plug back in and power on, USB update), but again received the "ERROR! 1000" message.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. It seems to consistently fail around S5-1, either before or after erasing.

I'm happy to roll back to an older firmware version if I need to, but I can't seem to find anything online. If anyone has any advice or a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
post #270 of 344 Old 04-09-2015, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirks007 View Post
Hi,

I just purchased the RX-A830 and tried to update its firmware to V 1.60 after being prompted onscreen. I tried to do it online first and received an "ERROR! 1000" message on the display. After that, I tried to update it via USB, following the instruction in the firmware installation manual but received the same error. Finally, I tried to update it using the to update the firmware, following the troubleshooting instructions (i.e., unplug, hold "Pure Direct", plug back in and power on, USB update), but again received the "ERROR! 1000" message.

I'm not really sure what to do at this point. It seems to consistently fail around S5-1, either before or after erasing.

I'm happy to roll back to an older firmware version if I need to, but I can't seem to find anything online. If anyone has any advice or a solution, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!
Well, it's not particularly helpful for anyone who has the same issue, but after 8-10 failed updates, I had the receiver try to update via the network before leaving for work and, voila, "Update Success" when I got home. Of course this only happened after I asked Amazon for a replacement, so you may have to do that too.

I guess the moral of the story is to keep trying to update and it may eventually take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Energy 5 1 Take Classic Home Theater System , Energy Rc 30 Reference Connoisseur 3 Way Tower Speakers Pair Black Ash Veneer , lossless , tidal , Yamaha , yamaha rx a830 , Yamaha Rx A830 7 2 Channel Network Aventage Home Theater Receiver , Yamaha Rx V867 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page