older amps but need help choosing. avr 5800 vs. avr 3806. - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-12-2013, 11:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/bose-acoustimass-15-series/4507-7868_7-21174524.html

Just bought the bose series 15 5.1 speakers and lookin for an amp now. Mind u I'm lookin all used on craigslist. Got my speakers the other day for $320.  So I found the avr 5800 for $275 and found the avr 3806 for $175.  Which will I b more happy with? Is the thx offered by the 5800 going to be worth having?  Can I buy used bose swivle speakers down the road to take advantage of the 7.1?

The rooms an od shape and iv read the avr 3806 has a good room setup mic that u can setup multiple sweet spots in the room.  Does the avr 5800 have anything like this?

I'm lookin to pick up one of these amps tomorrow, so hoping I can get some good imput tonight.

Thanks, 

Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-14-2013, 07:33 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3181 View Post

http://reviews.cnet.com/surround-speaker-systems/bose-acoustimass-15-series/4507-7868_7-21174524.html

Just bought the bose series 15 5.1 speakers and lookin for an amp now. Mind u I'm lookin all used on craigslist. Got my speakers the other day for $320.  So I found the avr 5800 for $275 and found the avr 3806 for $175.  Which will I b more happy with? Is the thx offered by the 5800 going to be worth having?  Can I buy used bose swivle speakers down the road to take advantage of the 7.1?

The rooms an od shape and iv read the avr 3806 has a good room setup mic that u can setup multiple sweet spots in the room.  Does the avr 5800 have anything like this?

I'm lookin to pick up one of these amps tomorrow, so hoping I can get some good imput tonight.

Thanks, 

Brian

I don't think it's going to matter with that particular speaker set. Those are very small drivers, (2x2.5" for the speakers, and 3x5.25" for the sub), so about any amp will have enough power. I'd go for whichever receiver is newer and has the best features. In fact, I'd likely go for a brand new one with the wireless features that let you play media off your phone, etc. You can get one with enough power for you speakers in your price range and it'll have a warranty, and no uncertain history.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page