subwoofer output from CD's, Denon AVR 1912 and Rocketfish wireless sub trans/rec? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 08:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How do I set the Denon AVR 1912 to send output to the subwoofer preamp output jack for a standard CD playing back in my Panasonic blu ray player? Also, how do I get output from the subwoofer for non-5.1 directTV broadcasts? ....To make matters more frustrating, I have a Rocetfish wirless transmitter and receiver for the subwoofer output to my powered sub and if it doesn't sense any input on the receiver, the little LED's on the reciever and transmitter turn red, meaning it is no longer paired...it's supposed to be auto sensing and I'm hoping once it picks up on 2.1 or 5.1 sound, it will automatically pair again, and I'll hear my sub again....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Quote:
How do I set the Denon AVR 1912 to send output to the subwoofer preamp output jack for a standard CD playing back in my Panasonic blu ray player?
After you've run Audyssey, go into your AVR's speaker set-up menu and set:
- subwoofer to "yes"; and
- all your speakers to "small".

Your sub will always get all low-frequency content from the speaker channels (below the crossover point) as well as all content from the LFE channel (if/when applicable).
post #3 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

thanks....so there's no way to use and set the front and surround speakers to large AND have the sub on at all times? ...I guess what I mean is, do you lose anything (volume, sound ) by using large front speakers, yet setting them to small on the Denon....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 09:29 AM - Thread Starter

the other mind numbing thing trying to understand.....is what is happening to the sound when a directtv broadcast is in 5.1 or a blu ray disc in 5.1....should you even need buttons on the denon remote for 'stereo', 'pro logic' , 'DTS'....isn't it uncessary to pick one of those when the broadcast or input content is already being sent as 5.1?....I've owned the Denon 1912 for 3 yrs and still don't understand the avalanche of changes in sound and volume I get by experimenting pushing literally hundreds of button cominbations over the years, trying to understand what is going on with the sound and what is going to give me the best , beefiest and loudest sound and still am not sure what I like best! .....
post #5 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 2617
Quote:
... so there's no way to use and set the front and surround speakers to large AND have the sub on at all times? ...I guess what I mean is, do you lose anything (volume, sound ) by using large front speakers, yet setting them to small on the Denon ...
There likely is an option that lets you set the main speakers to large and send bass to both the mains and the sub, and you'll likely find it in your owner's manual. There's no disadvantage to setting your mains to "small", though, and letting the sub handle all of the lower-frequency content.

-- Edit --
I believe you would go into the Speakers / Manual Setup / Bass menu screen and select "LFE+Main". (That's what it says in the manual for the AVR-1713. It should be the same or similar for your AVR.)
Quote:
the other mind numbing thing trying to understand.....is what is happening to the sound when a directtv broadcast is in 5.1 or a blu ray disc in 5.1....should you even need buttons on the denon remote for 'stereo', 'pro logic' , 'DTS'....isn't it uncessary to pick one of those when the broadcast or input content is already being sent as 5.1? ...
Yes, it's unnecessary. And you don't *have* to use any of those options if you don't want to. (I don't.)
post #6 of 6 Old 10-21-2013, 05:14 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 717 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22165 Post(s)
Liked: 12036
Quote:
Originally Posted by guitz View Post

thanks....so there's no way to use and set the front and surround speakers to large AND have the sub on at all times? ...I guess what I mean is, do you lose anything (volume, sound ) by using large front speakers, yet setting them to small on the Denon....

Run Audyssey and as noted, reset any speakers set to LARGE, to SMALL and raise their crossovers to 80Hz as the sub is generally much more capable of passing those lower frequencies than are front main speakers, not to mention that there is 64x higher EQ sub filter resolution than speaker resolution.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1912 Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page