Outlaw Audio 7125 or 7200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-2013, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I just ordered the Emotiva UMC-200. I'm trying to decide between a Outlaw Audio 7125 or 7200. I'm not sure if 200 watts over 125 watts per channel is going to make a difference in sound quality. I have no doubt that they'll both produce reference levels in my listening room. I'm about 10 feet from the fronts and center, 6 feet from side surrounds and 8 feet from the rear surrounds. The room is about 2300 ft cubed. I'm using a pair of Focal Aria 5's as my left and right, the Audax home theater kit center channel its a WTMW array with 6.5 inch woofers, 5 inch midrange and 1 inch tweeter. The surrounds are the bookshelf audax speakers with a 6.5" woofer and 1 inch tweeter. The Audax speakers have a sensitivity of about 87 to 88 db/1watt at 1 meter. I'm assuming the focal aria 5s are similar is not more sensitive.

Any opinions? Is 125 watts per channel enough?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 11-06-2013, 07:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1229 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
My Avr is an onkyo818 and recently I got an emotive upa 7 @ 125/ch to run the center and, 4 rears and high fronts. my areas is "small" like your but I but my rears are on a dihedral angle around the MLP and area about 6-7 ft. The SL/R are Klipsch S 10's hung to be about 2 feet above the mlp and angled down toward it..
What I "HEAR" is that the AUDYSSEY MULTIXT32 has created a wonderfully seamless well defined and dimensionally attention getting immersive audio environment. And I do sit about 11 feet from the front stage.
Over at home theater shack there is an active thread ""which way would you go" that is exactly about how much power is needed and the discussion about which multichannel amps and/or momoblocks people want to consider WRT system upgrade.

DIY FAN Denon X4400 , ATI A 2000 for 7.4.6 SCATMOS Sammy 82" 4K/HDR
L/R: Fusion 15 V2 , C: 88 Special , SL/SR: 88 Special(V2) , RL/RR: F-3, TF/TR: Volt 6's TM: SLX, FH: F4Q4
SUBMAXIMUS V2, ,Submaximus V3,LOWARHORNCustom Dual Driver VBSS,2 x 6000DSP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Outlaw Audio , Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Onkyo Tx Nr818 , Emotiva Upa 700 Seven Channel Power Amplifier

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page