UMC-200 manual EQ'ing options?? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-22-2013, 09:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 182
I am contemplating getting rid of my Denon AVR-3310, and going with an Emotiva UMC-200, or, keeping my AVR-3310 and adding a MiniDsp. (Note these questions are about the manual EQ not Audyssey or Emo-Q)

Will the manual EQ in the Emo be capable of smoothing out peaks & dips in my front LCR channels? I am assuming that it also has decent time alignment, (distance settings), but was unsure about the overall ability to manually EQ the front mains. Can any one please clarify this?

Also, with regards to the manual subwoofer EQ in the UMC-200, can I adjust the frequency response and time alignment of the sub woofer channel? Is it capable of EQ'ing two subwoofers with regards to both the frequency & time domains? I am also contemplating going with some sealed subs, but I am curious as to whether or not the Emo is capable of adding boost to the lower frequencies?

I ordered a MiniDsp 2 by 4 balanced to EQ up to 4 subwoofers, and it will be useful no matter which route I go, be it the UMC-200 or keeping my AVR-3310, but I am wondering if the Emo will offer more options on EQ'ing my front LCR's over the Denon, as I really don't want to order another MiniDsp to EQ my fronts.

Can anyone please help me with these questions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Emotiva Umc 200 7 1 Home Theater Preamp Surround Processor , Denon Avr3310ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page