Canare vs blue jean multichannel analog cables? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 24
I was wondering if anyone had experience with canare and or blue jean multichannel analog cables? If so, which do you prefer and why? They are about the same price so price isn't an issue. Please help me make this decision. Does the gold plated and beryllium On the canare connector make a huge difference as far as sound quality goes? I will be using these with an oppo 103D for both music and movies because my old denon 4802R receiver doesn't support Hdmi. Thanks guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 01:11 PM
FMW
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1654 Post(s)
Liked: 1710
Cables don't have any effect on sound at all. None whatsoever. Buy whatever makes you happy.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

I was wondering if anyone had experience with canare and or blue jean multichannel analog cables? If so, which do you prefer and why? They are about the same price so price isn't an issue. Please help me make this decision. Does the gold plated and beryllium On the canare connector make a huge difference as far as sound quality goes? I will be using these with an oppo 103D for both music and movies because my old denon 4802R receiver doesn't support Hdmi. Thanks guys.
Some of the Blue Jeans cable is made by Belden here in the U.S. As I understand it, the cables are assembled in China but at least there are some U.S. jobs in the deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Liked: 133
BlueJean, Tartan, Beldon...they're all very good quality without being silly-expensive. When I use the multi-channel analog inputs or even for two channel applications I always buy component video cables. They're dirt cheap since the advent of hdmi and work just as well as RCA cables..

Example...

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/PR192/ACOUSTIC-RESEARCH-Pr192-Pro-Ii-Series-Component-Video-Cable-12-Ft/1.html

These are hilarious!

http://www.accessories4less.com/make-a-store/item/MS290/ACOUSTIC-RESEARCH-Ms290-Master-Series-Component-Video-Cable-3-Ft/1.html
post #5 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 301
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Cables don't have any effect on sound at all. None whatsoever. Buy whatever makes you happy.

No effect, until one runs into a surprise.

post #6 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by FMW View Post

Well I wouldn't say that for analog cables, that's for sure.
audio4life likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-24-2014, 05:58 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AVKIK View Post

Blue Jeans Cable company does not manufacture any of the cables they sell. They purchase the wire and connectors wholesale and then manufacture cables in their Seattle shop based on your order. Blue Jeans Cable can sell you fully assembled interconnect cables based on designs from Canare, Belden, etc. If you buy a Canare LV-77S cable from them, they will terminate it with Canare RCA plugs. So you are getting the real Canare deal from them.

The only thing you need to be concerned with when buying unbalanced (RCA) interconnect cables is proper EMI/RFI shielding if you happen to have a source of noise nearby. Sometimes, a set-top cable or satellite TV box can generate noise that can be picked up by interconnect cables if they happen to be very close to the coax cable going into the cable TV box. Canare LV-77S cable is very well shielded with a double braid copper shield, and will probably give you the best possible protection but you still may need to experiment with equipment placement.

I suspect it would be next to impossible to consistently tell the difference in sound quality between say Canare LV-77S and Belden 1505F, or many other interconnect cables. Some of the worst shielded interconnect cables that I owned were from Audioquest and Monster Audio. In general, Blue Jeans Cable is a highly respected and reputable shop that also happens to sponsor this forum. I would not hesitate buying from them. You can also buy your cables from Monoprice that is recommended by many forum members. Their interconnect cables are very inexpensive but certainly work well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 4802r Av Receiver 7 1 Channel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page