Denon X4000, few quetions about zone 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 01-26-2014, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10

First post.

Backround info:

So I'm building my first ht setup, been out of the game for a while and have never owned anything other than 2ch setups. Here is what I have picked out so far: (most will be from accessories4less)

Denon X4000

L and R: Focal Chorus 717/716 towers

Center: Focal Chorus CC700

Surrounds: (something cheap, this will need to be an "upgrade later" item)

Sub: Outlaw lfm-1 (may or may not be in the initial budget)

This will be in a bonus room/man cave 17x11 closed off room but with no door.

Now for the question:

-The X4000 is a 7.2 receiver.  Can the other sub output be assigned to run a sub in zone 2? (one sub in each zone)  If so can I add some speakers to zone 2 with a sub.  This decides how big of speakers I get for zone 2. Some bookshelf speakers and a sub in zone 2 is preferred over towers mainly for asthetics. It would be awesome if I could setup zone to as a 2.1

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 01-26-2014, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and main reason to know before purchase: if zone 2 can be setup as a 2.1 I won't buy rear speakers for the main zone. I'll instead buy a 5.1 package system and break it up, use two speakers and the sub in zone two, two speakers as surrounds in the main zone and have a spare (the center)

zone two I won't be nearly as picky about sound quality/levels as it will mostly be kids jumping around to songs I hate.

post #3 of 6 Old 01-27-2014, 03:19 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 720 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22200 Post(s)
Liked: 12059
The sub pre-outs are both for the main zone. To use a subwoofer in Zone 2, you'll want to connect the Zone 2 (HDMI) monitor output to another AVR in Zone 2 and then connect the Zone speakers and sub to that AVR.

For more helpful information on the X4000 review posts #1-7 in the 2013 Denon AVR E/X series thread ....

https://www.avsforum.com/t/1465528/the-official-2013-denon-e-series-x-series-avr-model-owners-thread-faq/0_100#post_23134184
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 PM - Thread Starter

Just as an update after long time deciding just pulled the trigger on:

Denon X1000

HSU VTF 15h sub

2 HSU HB-1 bookshelfs.

Also decided to outfit the main living area first before the small "mancave" so room dimensions are more like 20x18x10celing.

Knew I wanted the hsu sub, I'll try out the hb1's before getting another pair and center channel to complete the 5.1 setup. If I don't like them I'll just use them elsewhere, but from most reviews seems like they should be pleasing. 

Only basis of comparison is some old Snell Type 1's and bose 301 mk4's, if I can even remember what each sounded like.

post #5 of 6 Old 03-04-2014, 09:34 PM - Thread Starter

Oh and after looking further I found the answer to my own question.  Easiest way to get a sub into zone 2 is to just use a sub with line level inputs (and possibly outputs can help) and wire the sub and speakers together off zone 2.  Still not ideal, as you'd have no adjustment for room correction on zone 2.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-11-2015, 09:25 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Can u post pics on how u wire. iam looking to add a sub to my zone 2. I have a x1100 and a audio source 100 for zone2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr X4000 7 2 Channel Home Theater Receiver , Focal Chorus 717v , Focal 716v Floor Standing Speakers , Outlaw Audio Lfm 1 Ex

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page