What's a good 5 channel amp & pre/pro to run Klipsch RF-7 ii + RC-64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 02-19-2014, 06:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
What's a good 5 channel amp & pre/pro to run Klipsch RF-7 ii + RC-64. Budget of $3k

TV: Aquos Sharp 65"
PrePro: Marantz AV7701
Amp: Marantz MM7055
BDP: Marantz UD7007
Fronts: Klipsch RF-7 ii
Center: Klipsch RC-64 ii
Cables: Zu Mission, Kimber PBJ
Sub: Rythmik F15HP
Streamer: Apple TV / iPad
SAT: DirecTV Geni
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-21-2014, 09:17 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked: 99
I would say that onkyo work's the very best i feel with klipsch speaker's.And i too am working on buying klipsch RF-7 II and RC-64 II and Rs-62 II for my back's.I would say if your got the bread get yourself the flagship onkyo TX-NR5010.Worth every penny from what alot of people are telling me .I did owna pair of klipshc RF-62 II and i hooked up a marantz SR7005 .And boy did it sound wonderful.But with marantz i found the sound to be just reallly clear and yes loud but not ONKYO LOUD.The more i turned up the marantz 7005 the more clear and smooth the tone's got for movie's and music more for the music side tho.I cant say marantz if not the best for klipshc but i found it to me enjoyable.But i just dont think i would go back to a marantz receiver again with klipsch speaker's.Just make's them sound TOOOO CLEAR aka bright for my tastes.I am a audio geek.But i like to have hitting bass.and sound's that are pounding but make's my wall's shake.And make's my next door nabor's want to kill me .and I love it when they tell me to turn my stuff down because i dont i just turn it louder lmao.I am messed up in the head what can i say.
post #3 of 3 Old 02-22-2014, 03:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22017 Post(s)
Liked: 11940
Rather than going separates, another option would be the Marantz SR7008 or Denon 4520CI.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Black Each

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page