IN NEED OF HELP WITH NEW SYSTEM SELECTION - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-08-2014, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm new to the forum and am in need of help selecting a new setup. Hope I'm posting in the proper section. If not please forgive as I am a new member. Well to the point.

Right now I have a bose lifestyle 12 series 2. If your familiar it was a all in one. The head unit is seriously lacking in any options.

At first my thought was to get a sony str-dn1040 for a reciever. A set of Polk audio t15 for the front and a Polk audio psw110 subwoofer. Then continue to build the system from there. Was gonna try and sell the bose system on craigslist or somewhere else.

Then the thought came to keep the bose cube speakers and sub and just upgrade the head unit to the sony str-dn1040.

Well hoping some people here could weigh in on what would be the better option of the two above. Will the bose speakers perform well with this receiver? Is this the best reciever in this price range? Reviews iv seen say its top notch for the price. The Polk audio speakers iv chosen have been on sale for a good price that's why iv chosen them. I also know Polk has a good reputation. I'm open to any and all thoughts. I am on a budget but would like to get the most bang for my bucks.
Thanks in advance,
Corey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2014, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Corey I currently own an str 1040. It is a good value for money receiver. Plenty of inputs and very good sound. However be warned it does have HDMI hand shake issues. It does not have audessy equilizer and the mobile control app is not very good. And no THX decoding.
You might also want to check out the Denon X2000 or X3000 and the Marantz SR5007, which would have been my pick if I could return my 1040 and get money back.
You could always try out your bose speakers and sub before buying new ones.
virginia bill likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Bose Ls12iiwht Lifestyle 12 Series Ii Home Theater System White , Sony Str Dn1040 7 2 Channel 1050 Watt A V Receiver , Polk Audio T15 Bookshelf Speakers Pair Black , Polk Audio Psw110 10 Inch Powered Subwoofer Single Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page