Does the Denon xx13 have an improved remote distance/flexiblity over the xx12 line? (RF perhaps?) - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 03-09-2014, 03:14 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 367
I had a Denon 1613 for around a year and it worked flawlessly the entire time. What I enjoyed most about it was the fact that I could point the remote in the opposite direction and it still worked wonders. Even slightly around a corner and it still worked great. However, I recently got a Denon 2112CI and it too is a great receiver. The only drawback I notice is that the remote isn't nearly as flexible. I need to, for the most part, point it at the receiver in order for it to work.

I know this typically isn't an issue for most folks, but my receiver, blu ray player, xbox 360, etc is in back of me while the projection screen is in the front of the room. Even my Blu Ray player remote (Sony S5100) has no issues either.

So, does anyone know if the remote technology is different from the xx12 line to the xx13? And, does anyone know if I bought a Logitech Harmony remote and kept the 2112CI that it would solve the issue, or is it something built into the receiver itself where the issue lies?

If this is something the Denon 2112CI just has, then I may have to head back to the xx13 lineup being that my equipment is behind me. Any information people could provide would be helpful. Thanks!

Speakers: Fronts- JBL 230, Center- JBL 235C, Surrounds: Fluance XLBP
Sub: PSA 15V
Processing: Onkyo 676
Video: BenQ 1080ST
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-10-2014, 02:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Your receiver has an infrared input port. I would look an an extender. Cheaper than a whole new receiver. My receiver is in the room behind the wall. I punch a hole in the wall and run my cables through that. Lot less heat, noise and bulk near tv. There are wireless models, but I use a direct wired system. Then you can put the sensor wherever you want. I doubt a new receiver is going to work better at ir. They don't change remote styles much these days from one year to the next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
Denon Avr 1613 Receiver , Denon Avr 2112ci Receiver

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page