Receiver recommendations with at least 8 HDMI inputs - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 03-09-2014, 08:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Just wondering if any of you own or can recommend a receiver with at least 8 HDMI inputs? I really like my Denon, but my equipment count has increased and I'd like to continue with Denon but even their top of the line receiver only has 6 inputs!? frown.gif

I also looked into HDMI switches but those appear to be unreliable at best when paired with a receiver.

Thanks much! smile.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 03-09-2014, 10:26 PM
The Village Idiot

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 809 Post(s)
Liked: 756
Most all of the Onkyo line from 2012 on have 8 inputs. Some of them have one on the front panel. Many of the Yamaha AVRs also have 8 inputs - counting one on the front panel. I'd much sooner have a Yamaha than an Onkyo. I currently have a Yamaha RX-V3900. Prior to that I owned an Onkyo NR818. It worked well enough but I've been bitten by Onkyo a couple of times in the past few years - lesson learned.

(WWG1WGA)
Twas a woman who drove me to drink. I never had the decency to write and thank her ~ WC Fields
post #3 of 4 Old 03-10-2014, 01:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 823 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Yamaha works good with monoprice hdmi switchers. I have 8 directv boxes on 1 stereo.
Similar to this. One extra remote to deal with though.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011002&p_id=8203&seq=1&format=2&utm_expid=58369800-11.R-enhtUGRrSdHz5vzpVS2g.0&utm_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.monoprice.com%2FCategory%3Fc_id%3D101%26cp_id%3D10110

And I use it with a receiver that has 5 hdmi in the back with 6 total like this.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-HTR-7065-channel-receiver/dp/B00AZE78KQ

Or for a little more this model does have 8 inputs including the front aux input.
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Rx-a820-Channel-Aventage-Receiver/dp/B0087KGMUC

Look closely at the back of an Onkyo and the last 2 hdmi inputs have no remote control button assigned to them.
So you have to reassign things like network or usb for that input. Yamaha uses numbers that can be renamed if you like. And the remote has a dedicated button for every hdmi input.

Denon has way more hdmi handshake issues than yamaha. Denon does have auto subwoofer eq built in though.
Yamaha doesn't. Still sounds awesome to me. Onkyo hdmi boards run super hot and break way too often.
I have recently owned all 3 brands. Pick your poison. I pick yamaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 03-10-2014, 06:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 333 Post(s)
Liked: 300
+1 I used a Yamaha RX-V2600 for years with a Monoprice HDMI switcher and controlled all of it with a Harmony One remote. Worked as if the 2600 had 6 HDMI inputs. My vote also goes for a Yamaha. After that would be a H/K 2700 it has either 7 or 8 HDMI inputs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page