Yamaha RX-V*77 Owners Thread (2014 models) - Page 64 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2911Likes

post #1891 of 2135 Old 06-07-2016, 11:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Sorry I can't resolve your issues. I have the same AVR (since November) and have not experienced any of those things. I access all the music apps, usually controlling it with the Yamaha Android app. No problems. I wish you good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1892 of 2135 Old 06-10-2016, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
So complaining about my wifi issues on my Yamaha RX-577 made me want to go back to troubleshoot the problem. I've found that assigning a manual IP address resolved the issue as I am no longer losing network connection, even in standby mode. So ignore my comment earlier.
I know this is an old post, so my apologies, but I have this problem now! I just bought a Netgear R7000 router, and have been using a Yamaha RX-V777 for a year now.

In your post you indicate that your Yamaha wireless connection was dropping from your Netgear router. I have that issue too. I've tried hard coding an IP address, but still have the issue. Do you still feel that solved it? If so, can you tell me how you accomplished that? Did you reserve the IP in the Netgear Genie firmware? Did you also set the receiver's IP address manually? I've done both, but perhaps you did something different.

What's strange is that I can stream music over DLNA over Roku as well, and that stays connected. However, it occasionally stutters while streaming. So, I'm not 100% convinced that it's a Yamaha-specific issue.

I previously had a Linksys router, and never had issues like the above.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
post #1893 of 2135 Old 06-10-2016, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzman View Post
I know this is an old post, so my apologies, but I have this problem now! I just bought a Netgear R7000 router, and have been using a Yamaha RX-V777 for a year now.

In your post you indicate that your Yamaha wireless connection was dropping from your Netgear router. I have that issue too. I've tried hard coding an IP address, but still have the issue. Do you still feel that solved it? If so, can you tell me how you accomplished that? Did you reserve the IP in the Netgear Genie firmware? Did you also set the receiver's IP address manually? I've done both, but perhaps you did something different.

What's strange is that I can stream music over DLNA over Roku as well, and that stays connected. However, it occasionally stutters while streaming. So, I'm not 100% convinced that it's a Yamaha-specific issue.

I previously had a Linksys router, and never had issues like the above.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
Yep. I assigned an IP address in my router by the MAC address of the receiver. Then entered the IP address into the Yamaha manually. Also updated the firmware of the receiver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1894 of 2135 Old 06-10-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge View Post
Yep. I assigned an IP address in my router by the MAC address of the receiver. Then entered the IP address into the Yamaha manually. Also updated the firmware of the receiver.
Thanks for clarifying. I did all that, but also updated the router firmware. Did you update the firmware to a newer version or just re-flash the current? I'm already on the newest. Did you do it over the air or USB?

I'm at my wit's end here. I've tried all sorts of things, and still no luck!
post #1895 of 2135 Old 06-13-2016, 01:58 PM

Liked: 2
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to update my previous post where I talked about my RX-V677 dropping off the network every 5-30 minutes or so, and requiring a power cycle to get back on the network. I think I finally found a solution. I was reading online in another forum, where several folks mentioned that their Yamaha receivers would drop off of the network after certain multicast packets were received by the Yamaha. So I did an experiment where I used a port based access-list (PACL) on the switch that my RX-V677 is connected to. I basically blocked all multicast traffic at the switch port which was used as an uplink to the rest of my network - the result of this was that no multicast traffic could reach the RX-V677 (it was the only device on this switch, so the only port where multicast traffic could be received was the uplink port where I applied the PACL). Once I made this change, the RX-V677 stayed on the network for over 24 hours! I did later go back and allow MDNS multicast traffic from my iPhone and Macbook, as this is required for Airplay to work correctly. Now Airplay works from both my phone and laptop, and my RX-V677 has been online for almost a week.
The bottom line is I don't know exactly what multicast traffic was causing my RX-V677 to lose its network connection (I have a ton of stuff on my network, including IP cameras, NAS devices, etc. and almost all of it generates multicast traffic) but I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence that some multicast traffic present on my network was the root cause of my RX-V677 network problems.
For those of you who are experiencing this issue, but who are not lucky enough to have a switch which supports PACLs, you might consider putting you receiver on an isolated network segment, perhaps a guest network. This should help reduce the multicast traffic that's sent to your receiver. You will have to connect to the isolated network in order for Airplay to work, but it's better than having to power cycle your receiver every 30 minutes.
It seems to me that this is a bug with Yamaha's firmware, and hopefully someday they will fix it. I'm not holding my breath though. In any case, I hope that this information helps somebody!
atroph and ChromeJob like this.
post #1896 of 2135 Old 06-13-2016, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab553 View Post
Hey Everyone,

I wanted to update my previous post where I talked about my RX-V677 dropping off the network every 5-30 minutes or so, and requiring a power cycle to get back on the network. I think I finally found a solution. I was reading online in another forum, where several folks mentioned that their Yamaha receivers would drop off of the network after certain multicast packets were received by the Yamaha. So I did an experiment where I used a port based access-list (PACL) on the switch that my RX-V677 is connected to. I basically blocked all multicast traffic at the switch port which was used as an uplink to the rest of my network - the result of this was that no multicast traffic could reach the RX-V677 (it was the only device on this switch, so the only port where multicast traffic could be received was the uplink port where I applied the PACL). Once I made this change, the RX-V677 stayed on the network for over 24 hours! I did later go back and allow MDNS multicast traffic from my iPhone and Macbook, as this is required for Airplay to work correctly. Now Airplay works from both my phone and laptop, and my RX-V677 has been online for almost a week.
The bottom line is I don't know exactly what multicast traffic was causing my RX-V677 to lose its network connection (I have a ton of stuff on my network, including IP cameras, NAS devices, etc. and almost all of it generates multicast traffic) but I can say with a pretty high degree of confidence that some multicast traffic present on my network was the root cause of my RX-V677 network problems.
For those of you who are experiencing this issue, but who are not lucky enough to have a switch which supports PACLs, you might consider putting you receiver on an isolated network segment, perhaps a guest network. This should help reduce the multicast traffic that's sent to your receiver. You will have to connect to the isolated network in order for Airplay to work, but it's better than having to power cycle your receiver every 30 minutes.
It seems to me that this is a bug with Yamaha's firmware, and hopefully someday they will fix it. I'm not holding my breath though. In any case, I hope that this information helps somebody!
I'm unsure, but I think DLNA uses multicast? If so, then in my case this could partially explain the symptoms. When streaming DLNA, my receiver would occasionally drop off the network. However, this only occurred with my new Netgear router. It never had occurred with my previous Linksys.

Nonetheless, I think I found a workaround that has been problem free, at least with a few hours of testing (which probably makes me 90% confident it works, given the problem's symptoms).

What I did is introduce a device in between. I had an old Linksys router (not the one I mentioned above) that I set up as a wireless bridge. Instead of the Yamaha, that router is now the device that connects to my Netgear router via WiFi. The Yamaha is in turn now wired to the Linksys. So far, so good, though I have no idea why. It's on 802.11g, so it should be connecting identically to how the Yamaha did, which strongly implies the fault always lied with the Yamaha.
post #1897 of 2135 Old 06-14-2016, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzman View Post
I'm unsure, but I think DLNA uses multicast? If so, then in my case this could partially explain the symptoms. When streaming DLNA, my receiver would occasionally drop off the network. However, this only occurred with my new Netgear router. It never had occurred with my previous Linksys.

Nonetheless, I think I found a workaround that has been problem free, at least with a few hours of testing (which probably makes me 90% confident it works, given the problem's symptoms).

What I did is introduce a device in between. I had an old Linksys router (not the one I mentioned above) that I set up as a wireless bridge. Instead of the Yamaha, that router is now the device that connects to my Netgear router via WiFi. The Yamaha is in turn now wired to the Linksys. So far, so good, though I have no idea why. It's on 802.11g, so it should be connecting identically to how the Yamaha did, which strongly implies the fault always lied with the Yamaha.
Hey mzman - that's awesome, great job! If my assumption is correct that multicast traffic is to blame for these Yamaha network issues, then I believe that your solution of putting a Linksys wireless router in between the rest of your network and the Yamaha may actually be preventing multicast traffic on your network from reaching the Yamaha. This could be because the Linksys is acting as a router rather than a true wireless bridge (routers don't forward multicasts from one subnet to another unless m-routing is enabled), or because the Linksys is acting as a true wireless bridge, but it blocks multicasts received over the air or something. Does airplay still work with your current setup?
In any case, glad you found a solution!
post #1898 of 2135 Old 06-17-2016, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab553 View Post
Hey mzman - that's awesome, great job! If my assumption is correct that multicast traffic is to blame for these Yamaha network issues, then I believe that your solution of putting a Linksys wireless router in between the rest of your network and the Yamaha may actually be preventing multicast traffic on your network from reaching the Yamaha. This could be because the Linksys is acting as a router rather than a true wireless bridge (routers don't forward multicasts from one subnet to another unless m-routing is enabled), or because the Linksys is acting as a true wireless bridge, but it blocks multicasts received over the air or something. Does airplay still work with your current setup?
In any case, glad you found a solution!
I actually did set it up as a wireless bridge. It's possible it's blocking multicast, as that setting is checked, but it shouldn't be if it's on the same LAN. Furthermore, my Netgear is set to block multicast from the WAN as well.

Just to clarify, I never used Airplay. I streamed music over DLNA from a Plex server on the same LAN. I believe DLNA uses multicast, so I would expect it to fail if the wireless bridge was in fact blocking multicast, so I assume it's not. It seems the problem must have been something else.

Something odd was going on between the Yamaha and the Netgear router, which was not occurring when connecting wired or to my old Linksys router. I'm not clear what it was, but I expect if someone is out of spec with a standard, it's Yamaha rather than Netgear. This was quite a perplexing, annoying, and time consuming issue. Thankfully, I think I found a workaround that doesn't require more money.
post #1899 of 2135 Old 06-19-2016, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Yamaha RX-V*77 Owners Thread (2014 models)

Probably a speaker issue personally but I'm getting distortion and static on my rear left and rear right speakers while watching game 7 nba finals tonight. It's only happening with the game, it happened in game 6 as well, but not with ABC regular programming or on any other network. Is it something to do with the decoding on the broadcasters end?
post #1900 of 2135 Old 06-20-2016, 12:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Hey fellow members. I've got a slight problem hooking up my girlfriend's PSA 15V subwoofer to her Yamaha RX-V577. I connected a 25' Monoprice cable from the subwoofer's LFE port to the receiver's sub1 port. I "guesstimated" the following settings: crossover to "max" (room is 24'x18'x7.5'), gain at 12 noon, delay at 0 ms, and room size to "large." I turned on the receiver and proceeded to run Audyssey. At the end, it showed a W-3 error and the sub did not show up on the front of the receiver. The four speakers and center show but not the sub. Any thoughts?

"I am NOT suffering from insanity... I happen to be enjoying myself!"

post #1901 of 2135 Old 06-21-2016, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2107 Post(s)
Liked: 1105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejabrew View Post
Probably a speaker issue personally but I'm getting distortion and static on my rear left and rear right speakers while watching game 7 nba finals tonight. It's only happening with the game, it happened in game 6 as well, but not with ABC regular programming or on any other network. Is it something to do with the decoding on the broadcasters end?
Probably not speakers if it only happens with one input, and only with one channel on that input. You can reassure yourself by downloading some sound files from audiocheck.net and playing them through the same DSP and speaker settings.

BTW, what DSP mode are you using? Dolby PL, Neo6? It may be the content is not 5.1 and not suited for decoding that way. My suggestion: use the Straight mode and then compare. Digital TV broadcasts, I've noticed, can play all kinds of havoc with audio clarity, so I don't try to gussy up the sound with my AVR. YMMV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudge981 View Post
Hey fellow members. I've got a slight problem hooking up my girlfriend's PSA 15V subwoofer to her Yamaha RX-V577. I connected a 25' Monoprice cable from the subwoofer's LFE port to the receiver's sub1 port. I "guesstimated" the following settings: crossover to "max" (room is 24'x18'x7.5'), gain at 12 noon, delay at 0 ms, and room size to "large." I turned on the receiver and proceeded to run Audyssey. At the end, it showed a W-3 error and the sub did not show up on the front of the receiver. The four speakers and center show but not the sub. Any thoughts?
Yamaha does everyone a disservice calling the speaker settings "large" and "small." What it really means is in Large, your speakers get 100% of the frequency spread, including sub-100Hz sounds. In 5-ch, 7-ch content and DSP settings, ONLY the LFE channel (the .1) is sent to the sub.

With a subwoofer in the mix, try setting all the speakers to Small, in which all freqs below the bass crossover frequency are sent to the more capable (and not too busy) sub so the main speakers can get a rest, regardless of the speakers' size or capability. Even if you have 8" woofers on the mains, taking the burden of very low bass off them may help performance and clarity. Or so some claim.

If you have truly small-ish main speakers (e.g. bookshelf, with woofers < 6") you can adjust the crossover to send more low bass to the sub, e.g. instead of the standard of 80Hz and below, adjust to 100Hz and below and test out with some content (e.g. jazz, booming action movie, rock, classical). Now, in 5-ch and above, was well as 2-channel, Dolby Pro Logic, et al, the sub will take on some of the low bass work so your mains can concentrate on the higher frequencies they're better equipped for.

Some Yamaha models offer an "extra bass" or "bass plus" or whatever that sends low and extra low bass to mains AND the sub. Avoid it like the plague.

EDIT: Oooops! I misread you, thought you said "set speaker size to Large." Those settings on your sub sound okay, but I would follow the manual. You read the sub's manual, right? If you're using the sub in "powered, not getting direct speaker input and splitting to the main speakers," the crossover may not be working, but yes set to max if the manual says to. Of course, ensure that you have the sub enabled in the AVR settings, otherwise the AVR doesn't know it's there. I wasn't aware of the 577 having Audyssey so I think you mean YPAO automated setup, right?
Im_a_muppet likes this.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.

Last edited by ChromeJob; 06-21-2016 at 06:04 PM.
post #1902 of 2135 Old 07-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Yamaha (RX-V679) "Extra bass" questions

Hello,

I recently bought a new home entertainment system consisting of Dali Zensor 5 floor-standers (with matching Dali Vokal center) and a Yamaha RX-V679 receiver.
The sub is a Dali E-12F.

It's been over more than 100 hours of running the system in and I've been mixing quite alot with the settings on the receiver to achieve the "best" sound.

Please note that I have already tried to place my sub in my little apartment living room by moving it around to find the sweet spot already.

I started out with my fronts as Large (and my sub crossover setting at 80Hz. It sounds all right but I am missing the "bassy punch". Sure - lots of deep bass watching movies and listening to some deep electronic music, but still - something is missing.
I realized I needed to activate Extra bass to get some sub-sound listening to 2-channel music while fronts are set Large. The sound still was not satisfying though.

I went with the Small setting on the fronts and I switched Extra bass OFF to let the sub manage everything below 80Hz. It felt a little better than having the fronts on Large + Extra bass.

Now I turned Extra bass ON again (with fronts on Small) and I think the punch that I've been missing just came back. Although - when I switch back to Large (and Extra bass), the bass seems to be about 20-30% weaker all of a sudden.

I know that the Small setting is meant to activate bass management in Yamaha receivers, and so far it's all good. But how come the Extra bass ON setting gives me even more bass, although the speakers are set as Small? Is the extra bass I'm feeling from the subwoofer itself handling even more bass than it's supposed to - or are my front speakers delivering "Large"-mode even though they are set Small?

Can someone please tell me exactly what the Yamaha RX-series Extra bass-function does to the sound.
The manual only tells me that Extra bass "enriches the sound bla bla..", not how exactly it works, how it distributes the low frequency sounds in different modes (Small/Large etc)

I know (and feel it also) that the Extra bass doesn't change anything while listening to 5.1-content. Sometimes, when watching an action movie I try setting Extra bass ON and OFF during the same bassy situations and it sounds identical.
I'm assuming Extra bass only affects 2 channel (in Straight) mode.

Thank you all in advance for your help.
post #1903 of 2135 Old 07-27-2016, 02:44 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Not sure whether this has been asked before. I might be getting a media player with standard hdmi out and dedicated xlr out for hi-rez stereo audio (there is a high end dac for this purpose in the media player). I'm planning to use this media player for HD video/audio playback using its hdmi out and connecting to one of my 577 hdmi in (say hdmi3). For the hi-rez audio, I'm planning to use the xlr-to-rca cable and this will be connected to AV4 of my 577. Whenever I watch movies, I will choose hdmi3 and whenever I want to listen to hi-rez stereo, I'll be using AV4. Navigating the video and hi-rez stereo files will be done when I'm on hdmi3 I suppose and after selection of hi-rez audio file, I will then change the selector to AV4 to hear music. I understand, I might lose the video by doing this but the player doesn't have the usual rca video to connect to AV4.

My question is, is it ok for one device to have such a connection to the receiver? Thank you for any advice.
post #1904 of 2135 Old 08-05-2016, 02:21 AM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Goodmorning everyone
wrapped a strange thing happens to me, I turn on a device connected to my yahama 677 and I do not feel the sound from the TV (off / standby amplifier) to output the audio from the TV I have to turn on and off the amplifier.
I have tried to change the HDMI cable connecting the amplifier to the TV, but does not change anything.
some advice?
post #1905 of 2135 Old 08-05-2016, 06:13 AM

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigScorpion View Post
Goodmorning everyone

wrapped a strange thing happens to me, I turn on a device connected to my yahama 677 and I do not feel the sound from the TV (off / standby amplifier) to output the audio from the TV I have to turn on and off the amplifier.

I have tried to change the HDMI cable connecting the amplifier to the TV, but does not change anything.

some advice?

Did you try a different input on the tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #1906 of 2135 Old 08-05-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedingBlue View Post
Did you try a different input on the tv?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I also changed tv
the problem is the same
post #1907 of 2135 Old 08-09-2016, 09:44 AM

Liked: 11
Hey,

I've had my 677 for a couple of years now, but I only just bought some speakers for my roof terrace which I have setup as Zone 2.

My question is regarding AirPlay. If I have Zone 2 on and set to AirPlay then it all plays fine. But if I change the volume on my phone, then it changes the volume for the main zone.

Is there a way I can disable this? I can see this becoming a problem if I have people around and someone connects their own phone via Airplay. Everyone by habit hits Volume Up on their phone and if the person is outside on the roof terrace then they will be raising the volume in the living room.

Thanks!
post #1908 of 2135 Old 08-11-2016, 10:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Have them download the Yamaha AV Controller app instead?

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #1909 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Have them download the Yamaha AV Controller app instead?
Hi ChromeJob,

Sorry I didnt see your reply earlier. I already have the app yes. I don't quite follow though, whats that got to do with Airplaying from a phone?

Best Regards

Fredrik
post #1910 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 10:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredde87 View Post
Hi ChromeJob,

Sorry I didnt see your reply earlier. I already have the app yes. I don't quite follow though, whats that got to do with Airplaying from a phone?

Best Regards

Fredrik
Tell them not to adjust the volume on their device, and adjust the Zone 2 volume with the app.

It seems like a bug that adjusting the volume on an iDevice connected to Airplay playing on Zone 2 adjusts the Main Zone volume.

post #1911 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi All,
I am trying to figure out if my receiver RX-V777, or my TV that's not allowing ARC to be played at 5.1. The ARC plays 5.1 if I use one of the TV apps. If I use the Xbox one or cable TV box the output is only 2.1. Has anyone else set up ARC with this receiver? If so did it work as expected?

thanks,
post #1912 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Parsons View Post
Hi All,
I am trying to figure out if my receiver RX-V777, or my TV that's not allowing ARC to be played at 5.1. The ARC plays 5.1 if I use one of the TV apps. If I use the Xbox one or cable TV box the output is only 2.1. Has anyone else set up ARC with this receiver? If so did it work as expected?

thanks,
I stand corrected. The Direct TV is playing 5.1. It appears that's its only the Xbox one. At least now I know its the console and not the TV, or receiver.
post #1913 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
Tell them not to adjust the volume on their device, and adjust the Zone 2 volume with the app.

It seems like a bug that adjusting the volume on an iDevice connected to Airplay playing on Zone 2 adjusts the Main Zone volume.
Thanks, yeah thats what I am doing at the moment. But I am guessing it will just be a matter of time until someone forgets and presses the volume on their phone when they are on the terrace and end up changing the volume in the main zone. I have for now set a max volume to at least prevent it from going crazy loud
post #1914 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Does anyone know what this latest RX-V677 firmware update includes?
post #1915 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 08:27 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 35
It seems like they've stopped telling us what the firmware updates do anymore.
post #1916 of 2135 Old 08-17-2016, 11:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Just found this on the Yamaha website.....

"RX-V677 Firmware Update Version 1.91
Yamaha is pleased to offer the following firmware update to ensure the best possible performance and latest features for your AV receiver.
This firmware includes
1. Playback compatibility with Napster/Rhapsody (Update is required to continue to receiver Napster/Rhapsody streaming service)
2. Operational stability improvement of AV Controller App control or external controller
3. Other functionality improvement

CHECK THE UNIT?S FIRMWARE VERSION PRIOR TO THIS UPDATE
On the remote control, press the ON SCREEN button.
Select ?Information? > ?System?. Your current firmware version is displayed on TV. If your firmware version is 1.91 or higher, the AV receiver is already up-to-date.
If not, conduct firmware update by following the instruction below.
Registered Date : 28/7/2016
Language : English
Size : 20.03 MB"
post #1917 of 2135 Old 08-18-2016, 04:00 PM

fully recognizes the new xbox one s and encoding HDR?
post #1918 of 2135 Old 08-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

Ive had my receiver for about 8 months now. Very satisfied with it

Problem: I use airplay (mostly tidal or iTunes) a lot on my receiver. I use to be able to control the volume on my iPhone, Macbook through the apple controls(the side buttons on the iPhone and the Increase and decrease on the macbook.

After updating to the new firmware, it will not change when i press the buttons from my phone or macbook. I updated my iPhone 9.3.4 around the same time i updated my V677(firmware 1.91) So at first i thought this was an apple update problem. But it seemed to not work on my macbook.

Question is: Can i Roll back to previous firmware on the receiver? Has anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help or reply.
post #1919 of 2135 Old 08-24-2016, 11:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Yep, definitely some kinks with the update.... similar issues at first (with PC/Android phone), but I'm not seeing them anymore.

Last edited by mds54; 08-24-2016 at 11:28 PM.
post #1920 of 2135 Old 08-28-2016, 05:02 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomite41 View Post
Hello everyone,

Ive had my receiver for about 8 months now. Very satisfied with it

Problem: I use airplay (mostly tidal or iTunes) a lot on my receiver. I use to be able to control the volume on my iPhone, Macbook through the apple controls(the side buttons on the iPhone and the Increase and decrease on the macbook.

After updating to the new firmware, it will not change when i press the buttons from my phone or macbook. I updated my iPhone 9.3.4 around the same time i updated my V677(firmware 1.91) So at first i thought this was an apple update problem. But it seemed to not work on my macbook.

Question is: Can i Roll back to previous firmware on the receiver? Has anyone else experience this issue?

Thanks in advance for your help or reply.
Yes, you can flash the firmware to earlier versions, you just need to get the files. If you don't have them, yamaha support can give you a download link to the files.

Sent from my SGP561 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
(RX-V679) , arc , audio , receiver , RX-V*77 , Sharp 70 Inch Full Hd Aquos 3d Led Smart Tv , sound loss , speaker advice , yamaha 677 , yamaha rx v377

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page