Yamaha RX-V*77 Owners Thread (2014 models) - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2911Likes

post #2011 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 07:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Connect your Bluray and to the TV, Use the ARC input for your receiver. Everything else that is not 4k connect to your receiver. You should not need to connect your Direct box to the TV-"DIRECTV 4K Ready — DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can enjoy 4K service and full DVR features without an additional receiver"
If you want to connect it then to the TV as well.
BigOc90 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Thanks for your response Kevinw ! I will give this a try as soon as I get a chance.
When I bought the TV, Direct told me I needed a pro install done and sense I carried the insurance it would cost me nothing. When he came, he connected it the way it is now, by running a HDMi from the 4k box to the tv and then ran a toslink from the 4k box to my receiver.
He told me that sense the internet we have here is not very fast or reliable that it would be better not to connect using the RVU ( what ever that is.....lol.) I live in far Southwest Virginia.......no fios and the fastest speed I get here is 3 meg download and a little under 1 meg upload ) It is a locally owned cable company and not the most reliable internet. If it rains much or the wind blows it can go out and sometimes for 24 hrs or more. All of that for the low, low price of $54.95 a month.....lol. It is a very rural area. We are about 45 miles northeast of Bristol Va/Tenn. So I don't have any options with the exception of Sat internet.
But I will give your setup a try and see how it works, unless the RVU thing would cause a problem with that.
Thanks for your help.

65" Samsung UN65MU6300, Sony UBP-X800
Directv HR5400-200, C61K-700 4K box, Toshiba HDDVD-A2
Denon AVR-S920W, Polk csiA4 center channel,Polk Monitor 40 series 2 front
2-Polk PSW10 subwoofer, Polk R150 front height,Polk M10 surrounds
Logitech Harmony 900 Remote
post #2013 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOc90 View Post
Thanks for your response Kevinw ! I will give this a try as soon as I get a chance.
When I bought the TV, Direct told me I needed a pro install done and sense I carried the insurance it would cost me nothing. When he came, he connected it the way it is now, by running a HDMi from the 4k box to the tv and then ran a toslink from the 4k box to my receiver.
He told me that sense the internet we have here is not very fast or reliable that it would be better not to connect using the RVU ( what ever that is.....lol.) I live in far Southwest Virginia.......no fios and the fastest speed I get here is 3 meg download and a little under 1 meg upload ) It is a locally owned cable company and not the most reliable internet. If it rains much or the wind blows it can go out and sometimes for 24 hrs or more. All of that for the low, low price of $54.95 a month.....lol. It is a very rural area. We are about 45 miles northeast of Bristol Va/Tenn. So I don't have any options with the exception of Sat internet.
But I will give your setup a try and see how it works, unless the RVU thing would cause a problem with that.
Thanks for your help.
I know exactly where you live and feel your pain about internet. So do what I suggest and I think that will solve your problem. To bad though about your IP speeds. Hd and 4k videos are out of the question from Netflix, Amazon etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevinw View Post
I know exactly where you live and feel your pain about internet. So do what I suggest and I think that will solve your problem. To bad though about your IP speeds. Hd and 4k videos are out of the question from Netflix, Amazon etc.
It really sux, Time Warner stops about 1 mile from my house. My brother in law lives close and gets Time Warner and gets speeds in excess of 15 gig and better, but a mile from his house ( me ) I get a max of 3 gig.....LOL.
At least I can get a little 4k programming from Direct..( not much but at least it's something ) and I'll buy an occasional 4k blu-ray. Maybe sometime in the near future we will get a better option. I will try what you suggested ......hopefully sometime over the weekend.
Thanks again for your help !

But if you don't mind, I want to make sure I have what you want me to try correct.
You are saying to connect the TV to the receiver with an HDMi cable to the ARC port on both the TV and receiver. Then connect the 4k Blu-ray player to an HDMI port on the TV and then connect the HDDVD player to the receiver since it is not 4k. There is no need to connect the Direct 4k box to the TV since it is a Directv ready tv, and I will get the surround sound because of the HDMi cable connected to the ARC port on the TV and receiver...........is that correct ? Forgive if I am wrong, not the most tech savvy person around. I know enough to be dangerous.......lol

Last edited by BigOc90; 08-03-2017 at 12:59 PM.
post #2015 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2084 Post(s)
Liked: 1093
Quote:
Thanks for the response ChromeJob.

I was told at the store where I bought my receiver and the TV, (Best Buy) and I have read on here that the 677 will not pass 4k ( at least with the equipment I have ) because it is not 2.2 HDMI compliant, it's 2.0. Also none of my 4k sources have the duel HDMi outputs ( Directv 4k box and Sony BDP-S6200 BR player ), but I did try it to see if it would work and tried every setting that was available and even tried newer cables just to see if that would work, but no matter what I tried, as long as I tried to pass it through the 677 it would say that my TV did not support a 4k signal.

I had to run a HDMi cable from the Directv 4k box directly into the back of the TV ( that does work and give me 4k ) but by doing that, the only way to get any type of surround sound was by running a optical cable from the 4k box to my 677 receiver. I did check to see if there were any firmware updates for my receiver but I already had the latest.

I don't own any 4k Blu-ray movies yet, but I guess when and if I buy any I will have to connect the Sony 6200 the same way to be able to get 4k from it also. I guess I will just have to use it this way until I can get a 2.2 compliant receiver in the future. Thanks for your help though ChromeJob, it is appreciated !
You may be confusing HDMI and HDCP specs.

If you'd like to upgrade to resolve this, the 2015 Yamaha models (*79) or later support the 60 hz 4K spec and HDCP 2.2.

"Exceedingly odd," said the butler.
Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #2016 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
You may be confusing HDMI and HDCP specs.

If you'd like to upgrade to resolve this, the 2015 Yamaha models (*79) or later support the 60 hz 4K spec and HDCP 2.2.
You're right Chromejob, I did get it confused, I know the difference I just wasn't thinking when i typed it out. Thanks for the info on the upgrade. I just bought some land and a new car and the TV so a new receiver will have to wait a little while.

post #2017 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Connect your Bluray and to the TV, Use the ARC input for your receiver. Everything else that is not 4k connect to your receiver. You should not need to connect your Direct box to the TV-"DIRECTV 4K Ready — DIRECTV subscribers with the Genie Whole-Home HD DVR can enjoy 4K service and full DVR features without an additional receiver"
If you want to connect it then to the TV as well.
Well Kevinw, I just couldn't wait until this weekend to try it and it didn't work. Because of the way the Directv service tech set my Geni and 4k box up, by not using the RVU, the only way I get my Direct TV signal is by connecting the box to the TV. If I don't do it this way I get a notice saying " You need a wired network connection to use RVU. Please connect a network cable "
As I stated earlier, he said because of the slow and unreliable nature of my internet that he thought it was better if I didn't use the RVU, which I guess is the built in Directv turner that the TV came with.
I guess I will just have to live using the toslink cable until I can upgrade my receiver.
But thanks so much for your advice and help !

post #2018 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 07:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
I don't own any 4k Blu-ray movies yet, but I guess when and if I buy any I will have to connect the Sony 6200 the same way to be able to get 4k from it also. I guess I will just have to use it this way until I can get a 2.2 compliant receiver in the future. Thanks for your help though ChromeJob, it is appreciated !
Hi BigOc90, the Sony BDP-S6200 is not a 4K disc player. It is a 4K upscaler (it upscale dvds and blu-rays to 4K). So you can leave it connected to RX-V677 receiver.
Kevinw likes this.
post #2019 of 2135 Old 08-03-2017, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi BigOc90, the Sony BDP-S6200 is not a 4K disc player. It is a 4K upscaler (it upscale dvds and blu-rays to 4K). So you can leave it connected to RX-V677 receiver.
Thanks JChin, I did not realize that. My daughter bought it for me as a Christmas gift last year and I have not done much reading on it. I just saw something on the box about the 4k and just assume and you know what they say about assuming anything. I guess that's a good reason it doesn't have the duel HDMi outputs.
Appreciate the info on the Sony 6200. It's been a great player so far but I guess it's something else I will need to upgrade at some point.......but not for a while.

post #2020 of 2135 Old 08-04-2017, 05:16 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well Kevinw, I just couldn't wait until this weekend to try it and it didn't work. Because of the way the Directv service tech set my Geni and 4k box up, by not using the RVU, the only way I get my Direct TV signal is by connecting the box to the TV. If I don't do it this way I get a notice saying " You need a wired network connection to use RVU. Please connect a network cable "
As I stated earlier, he said because of the slow and unreliable nature of my internet that he thought it was better if I didn't use the RVU, which I guess is the built in Directv turner that the TV came with.
I guess I will just have to live using the toslink cable until I can upgrade my receiver.
But thanks so much for your advice and help !
You can still use 2 hdmi cables - 1 from Direct box to TV and 1 from TV to AV receiver. With Arc it will send the Audio from the Direct box to the TV and back to the AVR from the TV.

Quote:
Audio Section

ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel within the television's HDMI 3 input enables the TV, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to an A/V receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your A/V receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.

The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, USB ports, and Samsung TV apps can pass as Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital, DTS, or 2ch PCM.

Samsung KS 8000
Samsung UBD-K8500 BDP
Yamaha RX-A1060
Fluance XL7F main
Mirage Nanosat surrounds
JVC JL-F45 turntable

Last edited by Kevinw; 08-06-2017 at 11:00 AM.
post #2021 of 2135 Old 08-06-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
You can still use 2 hdmi cables - 1 from Direct box to TV and 1 from TV to AV receiver. With Arc it will send the Audio from the Direct box to the TV and back to the AVR from the TV.
Well, I tried this yesterday. I kept 1 HDMI cable that was connected to HDMi port 1 on the tv going to the the HDMi port on the Directv C61 4k box, I then ran another HDMi cable from the no.3 HDMi port on the tv ( which is the ARC port on the UN65MU6300 Samsung ) to the no.2 HDMi input on the Yamaha 677.
I could not get any sound out of the Yamaha at all. I tried different settings and nothing seemed to work so I ended up running the toslink cable again.
Maybe there is a setting I am not aware of that would make the setup you are suggesting for either the TV or the receiver, but I looked at the manuals for both and could not find any that would help me, but I could have just over looked it and/or because I am not that tech savvy it may have just been over my head....lol.
But I did try.
So if you know of any settings I should try for either my TV or receiver or anything at all I would be very open to it. I do appreciate the fact you're trying to help me so I do want to thank you for that !

post #2022 of 2135 Old 08-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Well, I tried this yesterday. I kept 1 HDMI cable that was connected to HDMi port 1 on the tv going to the the HDMi port on the Directv C61 4k box, I then ran another HDMi cable from the no.3 HDMi port on the tv ( which is the ARC port on the UN65MU6300 Samsung ) to the no.2 HDMi input on the Yamaha 677.
I could not get any sound out of the Yamaha at all. I tried different settings and nothing seemed to work so I ended up running the toslink cable again.
Maybe there is a setting I am not aware of that would make the setup you are suggesting for either the TV or the receiver, but I looked at the manuals for both and could not find any that would help me, but I could have just over looked it and/or because I am not that tech savvy it may have just been over my head....lol.
But I did try.
So if you know of any settings I should try for either my TV or receiver or anything at all I would be very open to it. I do appreciate the fact you're trying to help me so I do want to thank you for that !
Connect to input 1 on the 677. The out to tv is the ARC input/output.
BigOc90 likes this.
post #2023 of 2135 Old 08-06-2017, 10:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Hi BigOc90,
C61 4k box > HDMI cable > TV HDMI 1
TV HDMI 3 port > HDMI cable > V677 HDMI OUT ARC port

On the TV, enable Samsung AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC (menu>system>expert settings>AnyNet+ to ON)
On the receiver, enable HDMI Control and ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)
Kevinw and BigOc90 like this.
post #2024 of 2135 Old 08-06-2017, 05:27 PM

Thanks to both JChin and Kevinw !
So now I know what I did wrong. I should have ran the HDMi cable from the HDMi port 3 ( ARC ) of the TV out to the TV out HDMi port of the 677 which is the ARC port also.
What I did wrong was to connect to the HDMi port #2 on the 677 which is not the ARC port.
My wife and I have our 25th anniversary tomorrow ( Monday 8/7/17 ) and we are leaving early in the morning to go to the Smoky mountains to stay for a few days ( where we got married ) so I will try this when I get back home and let you know how it goes.
Thanks again guys !

post #2025 of 2135 Old 08-21-2017, 03:59 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hell I've run into an issue that I can't seem to fix. I have a 677 with a Apple TV, direct tv and Sony blu ray Connected to it via hdmi. I have a 4K Sony tv as well. The direct tv and Apple TV work fine however the video on the blu ray has issues. Any reolution less than 1080 does not show on the tv unless I change the resolution on the 677 to math the blu ray resolution. So the home screen on the blu ray won't show unless I select 720 on video mode. When I select direct or auto that does not work either. Any ideas why autoroute direct won't how video less that 1080?
post #2026 of 2135 Old 09-08-2017, 11:01 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 1
My rx 677 is damaged.....
everything works just there is no signl from hdmi out to tv......
at repair they told me that the rpepair would cost more than the amp new.....
they quoted me 600 usd.....to replace the whoel boardtoday

today i wanted to play some music but after playing it for a while the amp became really hot...so something must be really wrong

what to do?
post #2027 of 2135 Old 09-13-2017, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paridparid View Post
My rx 677 is damaged.....

today i wanted to play some music but after playing it for a while the amp became really hot...so something must be really wrong

what to do?
Replace it. The new TSR-5830 has a factory rebate at Costco through 9/17.

Are you new to the forum? Please read forum FAQs and stickies. Like posts that help you. RTFM, always.
A: Yamaha RX-V775; Chromecast Audio; iPod Classic, Touch. Bose 401 mains, 301 Series III surrounds, Yamaha NS-C444 center, Hsu VTF-2 Mk4.
V: Panasonic DMP-BDT215, Yamaha DVD-S550. Apple TV 4gen. Chromecast 1gen, Samsung UN40ES6150.
post #2028 of 2135 Old 09-13-2017, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi BigOc90,
C61 4k box > HDMI cable > TV HDMI 1
TV HDMI 3 port > HDMI cable > V677 HDMI OUT ARC port

On the TV, enable Samsung AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC (menu>system>expert settings>AnyNet+ to ON)I connected everything
On the receiver, enable HDMI Control and ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)
I actually just ran the cables the way you all told me and it works perfectly now. We had a health issue with my mother and it had kept me busy until now so I didn't get a chance to pull everything out and run the connections, but I did the connections today and it works like it is suppose to. I did have a bit of a problem right after I connected everything though, I couldn't get any sound but found out I was just trying to use the wrong input on the 677. When using the ARC input for sound only you have to use the AV input 4 to get sound, but it's all good now. Thanks so much to everyone for the help and advice.
I also ordered an AV cooler for the 677 a couple of weeks ago and have been using it, and it seems to really do a good job of bringing the temps down on it. I have seen the temps go down an average of 25 degrees and more. Before the cooler, I was getting temps ( with a temp gun ) of around 110 to 120 and higher depending on how I was using the amp, but now the average is around 85.

post #2029 of 2135 Old 12-26-2017, 12:24 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Unhappy RX-V377 No Connection -> TV (via HDMI)

Hello all!

New here, hoping to get some help...

I purchased the RX-V377 Home-Theather-In-A-Box set back in April/May of 2014 as a late wedding present to myself and my wife... up until Friday night it worked like a complete champ.

Now, all of a sudden, my wife and I decided to turn it on (along with the XBOX One-X) to watch a movie, and much to our dismay, the receiver turns on, but zero response to the TV. Almost like the TV doesn't even see it plugged in. I have replaced the HDMI Cable from the unit -> the TV, I've tried different HDMI inputs on the TV, no dice.

I have my HDMI 1 (PS4 Pro), HDMI 2 (XB1-X), HDMI 3 (Steam Link), HDMI 4 (Empty), and the HDMI Out going to the TV.

Plugging in from the XB1X and the PS4Pro -> TV directly via any of the HDMI ports (bypassing the receiver), TV picks them up just fine, which to me says something is wrong with my RX-V377 unit.

Is there anything that y'all have heard of, or come across in all this time that you've seen this happen? (No damage on the unit, everything was untouched between Thursday night when it worked, to Friday night when we turned it on, and it isn't working) All of my equipment is through a surge protector, and the indicator light on the protector tells me no surge happens, and we didn't have a power outage...etc. So I'm at a loss.

Any help is immeasurably appreciated! Thank you!
post #2030 of 2135 Old 12-26-2017, 02:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Do any onscreen displays work? If not, then it sounds like the HDMI OUT board has failed.

post #2031 of 2135 Old 12-26-2017, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Do any onscreen displays work? If not, then it sounds like the HDMI OUT board has failed.
The unit turns on, I can cycle through the menus (on the front panel...etc.), but nothing shows on the TV, regardless of which HDMI port on the TV I use. Like I said above, it's almost as if the TV doesn't even see that the system is plugged into it. Thank you!
post #2032 of 2135 Old 12-26-2017, 04:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake Gorham View Post
The unit turns on, I can cycle through the menus (on the front panel...etc.), but nothing shows on the TV, regardless of which HDMI port on the TV I use. Like I said above, it's almost as if the TV doesn't even see that the system is plugged into it. Thank you!
I just saw a firmware update on my receiver recently. Try a factory reset to see if that fixes it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
ChromeJob likes this.
post #2033 of 2135 Old 12-26-2017, 06:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseehead View Post
I just saw a firmware update on my receiver recently. Try a factory reset to see if that fixes it.
Good thinking. @mooseehead is suggesting an Initialization which is found in the Advanced Setup menu (see your manual, usually accessed by holding in the STRAIGHT button while turning on with Main Zone button).

post #2034 of 2135 Old 12-27-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Good thinking. mooseehead is suggesting an Initialization which is found in the Advanced Setup menu (see your manual, usually accessed by holding in the STRAIGHT button while turning on with Main Zone button).
Thank you to both of you, I'll give that a shot once I get home. Wife is sicker than heck at home so I've been taking care of her since Friday, I'll let you know how it turns out!
post #2035 of 2135 Old 12-27-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Thank you to both of you, I'll give that a shot once I get home. Wife is sicker than heck at home so I've been taking care of her since Friday, I'll let you know how it turns out!
So sorry to double-post, didn't see an edit button

When you say a firmware update, how does that work? There is no network connection, so how would it pickup the new set of firmware? Also, when I look at Yamaha's site, I don't see a single thing to download short of a user manual for this unit.
post #2036 of 2135 Old 12-27-2017, 09:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

When you say a firmware update, how does that work? There is no network connection, so how would it pickup the new set of firmware? Also, when I look at Yamaha's site, I don't see a single thing to download short of a user manual for this unit.
If you don't have a network connection, you'd have to update via USB (flash drive). Instructions are in the OM.

Under the product page, look for "Downloads" or "Software." THe link to the latest firmware will be there.

E.g. https://usa.yamaha.com/products/audi...l#product-tabs

post #2037 of 2135 Old 12-28-2017, 12:22 AM

Quote:
If you don't have a network connection, you'd have to update via USB (flash drive). Instructions are in the OM.

Under the product page, look for "Downloads" or "Software." THe link to the latest firmware will be there.
Thank you again for all the info.

So, now that I've been home and messing around, I've gone ahead and done it reset through advanced settings, made no difference, sadly.

When I go to that site (for my model v377, not the v477 like you linked, I only see two things, manuals (Easy Setup Guide, User Manual).

Safe to say this thing is dead, beyond saving, and time to get a new one? Or, is there something else I can try?

If in fact it is a goner, and I need to get back into the market for a receiver, what model would you guys recommend as a good replacement? I've got 5.1 Yamaha/Sub that came with this receiver, I'd like to be able to use them still. Thank you! (I need HDMI ports on the receiver for my consoles, I.E. XB1-X, PS4....etc., with 1 HDMI out to the TV, [email protected])

Thank you all again so so much for help on this.
post #2038 of 2135 Old 12-28-2017, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My PDF reader doesn't do word search (for my 677 manual).

Does the 677 have AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC? I can't find it by scanning through the manual.

If not, how is AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC different from ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)?

My reason for wanting to know is that my new Samsung 65" 4K UHD TV doesn't have video out (red/white RCA plugs). The "smart hub" has only HDMI and optical for sound. Samsung support says to set my receiver to Anynet.

I am getting sound through my 677 to my home theater system by using ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON).
post #2039 of 2135 Old 12-28-2017, 06:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:

What model do you have?
When you say no network connection, do you mean your receiver is not internet capable or that you don't have it connected to your wifi?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
post #2040 of 2135 Old 12-28-2017, 02:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbeck View Post
My PDF reader doesn't do word search (for my 677 manual).

Does the 677 have AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC? I can't find it by scanning through the manual.

If not, how is AnyNet+ HDMI-CEC different from ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON)?

My reason for wanting to know is that my new Samsung 65" 4K UHD TV doesn't have video out (red/white RCA plugs). The "smart hub" has only HDMI and optical for sound. Samsung support says to set my receiver to Anynet.

I am getting sound through my 677 to my home theater system by using ARC (menu>HDMI>HDMI Control to ON>ARC to ON).
If your PDF reader won't even do keyword searching, time to get a new one. Try Adobe Reader, or an Open Source alternative.

The 677's HDMI-CEC should be compatible with the same that Samsung has decided to call AnyNet+.

HDMI-ARC is "audio return channel." In some equipment, CEC must be enabled to allow ARC.

If your Samsung TV is like mine, you need to enable Anynet, and then select SPDIF (external audio out) for audio to be sent via optical or HDMI-ARC. Works fine with my setup.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
(RX-V679) , arc , audio , receiver , RX-V*77 , Sharp 70 Inch Full Hd Aquos 3d Led Smart Tv , sound loss , speaker advice , yamaha 677 , yamaha rx v377

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page