NAD M17 and M27 - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 946Likes

post #2611 of 2633 Old 04-03-2020, 05:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a question about the M17 and BluOS. Is anyone able to advise if BlueOS can be set as the source for the main zone and zones 2 and 3 simultaneously and play either the same or different content through BluOS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2612 of 2633 Old 04-06-2020, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-unknown View Post
I have a question about the M17 and BluOS. Is anyone able to advise if BlueOS can be set as the source for the main zone and zones 2 and 3 simultaneously and play either the same or different content through BluOS?
I only use the main zone, but according the the manual, Zone 2 & 3 must be used with an analog source, not digital (including BluOS source).

From Manual:
IMPORTANT NOTICE
• Only analog audio connected through a Source’s analog audio input port can be associated as audio source for Zone 2, Zone 3 or Zone 4.
• Digital audio sources connected via HDMI, digital optical and digital coaxial input ports cannot be down mixed and used as Zone 2, Zone 3 or Zone 4 audio source.
• BluOS audio is also not applicable as a Zone 2, Zone 3 or Zone 4 audio source.
• Ensure that the associated Source’s Digital Audio setting is set to “Off” or no actual digital source is connected.
post #2613 of 2633 Old 04-06-2020, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Does anybody knows when the DIRAC bass management will be released for the NAD?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2614 of 2633 Old 04-07-2020, 07:44 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 382 Post(s)
Liked: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepardos View Post
Does anybody knows when the DIRAC bass management will be released for the NAD?
There have thus far been no official word that DIRAC bass management will even be made available for M17.

NAD M17 (processor) + NAD M27 (multichannel amp)
REVEL CONCERTA2 (5.0 speakers) + SVS SB-2000 LIMITED EDITION (dual subwoofers)
PIONEER UDP-LX500 (uhd bd player)
LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2615 of 2633 Old 04-07-2020, 09:27 AM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDeg View Post
There have thus far been no official word that DIRAC bass management will even be made available for M17.
From the 758v3 thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by markus767 View Post
NAD's statement on availability of Dirac Live Bass Control:

"Tony W. - Product Support Manager (NAD Electronics)
Mar 26, 10:35 AM EDT

Hello Markus

Thank you for contacting NAD Electronics.

We are very excited about our DIRAC partnership but currently do not have details or time frames regarding DIRAC Bass Management we can share with you at this time. Our developers are working directly with DIRAC to provide this feature in a future update but for the time being, I would suggest would be to follow us on social media or sign up for our newsletter for any announcements regarding DIRAC Bass Management.

If you would like the latest news, please Follow Us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/nadelectronics, Like us on Twitter @ NADElectronics or sign up to our e-mail newsletter at www.nadelectronics.com, scroll to the bottom and click the Newsletter link.

I'm sorry I do not have a more definitive answer for you at this time but please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Best regards,

Tony"

Epson TW9400, Dreamscreen v6 109", Sony UBP X800, Mede8er med600x3d, Nvidia Shield 2019 tv, Atv4k, Xbox One X, Hp htpc.
Nad M17 , ATI AT543NC ,Nad M25.
Arendal Sound tower, Arendal center, Arendal Surround, SVS PB-16 Ultra, SVS PB-13 Ultra, Dali Oberon On-wall, Dali Alteco C-1.
post #2616 of 2633 Old 04-07-2020, 09:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sveineb View Post
From the 758v3 thread:
Thanks. I've seen that post. No official word as of yet.

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2617 of 2633 Old 04-13-2020, 03:35 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I am looking for some help/assistance with my NAD M17 V2. I have the VM300 module. I am trying to get 4K video signal to output from the NAD but I can not. The unit, attempts to output the 4K signal to my projector but it can not. I see the video being output on the NAD screen but just have a black screen on my Projector. Sometimes the NAD screen flashes the video output signal a couple times and then shows no video output. I have checked all cables and replaced older ones with new Premium 4K cables. I can confirm that the source outputs (Sony X800 Bluray and Nvidia Shield 2019) are outputting 4K signal as I can connect them directly to the projector and they display fine. When trying to display through NAD, I get nothing. I am able to output 1080P signal from NAD without issue.

Anyone have this issue in the past or have ideas on the problem? I have a request in to NAD support but have not heard back. My projector is a JVC RS640.

Thanks.
post #2618 of 2633 Old 04-27-2020, 12:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Hi everyone I’m interested in buying a M17.2 but I saw a few pages back that there were problems with dts-x is this still the case or has it been solved in the meantime...?

JVC N7 (ISF) 4K/UHD HDR projector *Sony KD-75X9405C + TV Subwoofer SWF-BR100** Marantz AV8805 + MM8077**Synology DS1512+*WS-Spalluto MultiMasking 100" Projection screen* Monitor Audio Platinum PL300,PL100,PLC150 Ebony finsh + 4x Monitor Audio CP-CT380iDC * Main subwoofer JLaudio Fathom f113v2*Oppo BDP-205*Zidoo Z1000*Appel 4k*Neoo black Cat
Sold:Pioneer Kuro KRP-600M ISFccc
post #2619 of 2633 Old 05-02-2020, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 3671
sadly I again had to return the M17 V2 because the input selection issue did not get fixed: the only way I could use any of the analog inputs without it switching by itself to digital (or just sensing no input) after a few minutes was to disconnect one digital input (all my menu settings for analog only, digital off were set correctly, and I used latest firmware) and this meant I did not have enough digital inputs to support my system: I found a reference added to the M17 manual that says you may have to disconnect a digital source in order to get it to work: I still see this as a major bug that NAD told me was fixed: I am disappointed to say the least

I am still staying with the Krell Foundation 4K even though I still think the M17 sounds a bit better

please take the high road in every post:do not respond to or quote a problematic post: report it
HDMI.org:what a mess HDCP = Hollywood's Draconian Copy Protection system
LG C9 OLED owner

post #2620 of 2633 Old 05-02-2020, 05:35 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papaleo View Post
Hi everyone I’m interested in buying a M17.2 but I saw a few pages back that there were problems with dts-x is this still the case or has it been solved in the meantime...?
Solved

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2621 of 2633 Old 05-02-2020, 05:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrubin View Post
sadly I again had to return the M17 V2 because the input selection issue did not get fixed: the only way I could use any of the analog inputs without it switching by itself to digital (or just sensing no input) after a few minutes was to disconnect one digital input (all my menu settings for analog only, digital off were set correctly, and I used latest firmware) and this meant I did not have enough digital inputs to support my system: I found a reference added to the M17 manual that says you may have to disconnect a digital source in order to get it to work: I still see this as a major bug that NAD told me was fixed: I am disappointed to say the least

I am still staying with the Krell Foundation 4K even though I still think the M17 sounds a bit better
Annoying! I have yet to encounter that problem myself, thankfully.

Interesting how you think the NAD sounds better to your ears than the Krell. Does that apply to both stereo music and multichannel movie soundtracks?

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2622 of 2633 Old 05-02-2020, 07:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
did the hiss issue on the M17 get resolved?

Selling in AVS Classifieds
FS: Funk Audio 21.0LX Subwoofer
post #2623 of 2633 Old 05-02-2020, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhuski View Post
did the hiss issue on the M17 get resolved?
No. After this issue appeared via the latest modules I've dragged my unit to the dealership 3 times over the past 15 months while simultaneously in close contact with Bob Moran at NAD but the issue has not been resolved. I've basically given up hope at this point.

There has been a slight improvement on my unit however: the high pitched whining/hissing is not quite as pronounced as it was originally. On my last trip to the dealer their workshop (who I have very little trust in) had my unit in for 7 weeks. They were instructed by NAD to switch to a new AM17 module, as that was believed to be the culprit behind the noise. When I got the unit back the documentation from the workshop said "no issue found, replaced XLR board" which really sent me over the edge. I don't trust a single word from the dealer at this point but Bob Moran at NAD did confirm that they had changed the module. I have no idea of really knowing what they did.

Long story short, there is now less whining/hissing noise to pollute the audio reproduction, although the fact that it's still there annoys me. The processor should be dead-silent the same way it was for the first few years of ownership before the new modules were installed.

Other than this I'm still impressed by the overall performance. I won't be giving NAD or this particular dealer my money next time however.

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2624 of 2633 Old 05-21-2020, 04:36 AM

With the new VM310 MDC, does anyone know the improvements and features it has over the VM300 apart from Apple Airplay 2?
post #2625 of 2633 Old 05-21-2020, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
No. After this issue appeared via the latest modules I've dragged my unit to the dealership 3 times over the past 15 months while simultaneously in close contact with Bob Moran at NAD but the issue has not been resolved. I've basically given up hope at this point.

There has been a slight improvement on my unit however: the high pitched whining/hissing is not quite as pronounced as it was originally. On my last trip to the dealer their workshop (who I have very little trust in) had my unit in for 7 weeks. They were instructed by NAD to switch to a new AM17 module, as that was believed to be the culprit behind the noise. When I got the unit back the documentation from the workshop said "no issue found, replaced XLR board" which really sent me over the edge. I don't trust a single word from the dealer at this point but Bob Moran at NAD did confirm that they had changed the module. I have no idea of really knowing what they did.

Long story short, there is now less whining/hissing noise to pollute the audio reproduction, although the fact that it's still there annoys me. The processor should be dead-silent the same way it was for the first few years of ownership before the new modules were installed.

Other than this I'm still impressed by the overall performance. I won't be giving NAD or this particular dealer my money next time however.
Ricky - wow you are patient - I jumped ship from the M17v2 to a T777v3 and recently bought an ex-dem Lyngdorf eARC MP50. The Danes know how to build stuff as the MP50 really is silent - getting to use RoomPerfect - very different from Audyssey and Dirac and the sound it produces is quite impressive. My sub has never sounded better - George
RickyDeg likes this.

LG C9 | Lyngdorf MP50 (eARC)| NAD M25 | Nord One NC500DM MKII 3 Channel Monitor Audio | Platinum PL100 II | Monitor Audio Platinum PLC150 II | 6 Monitor Gold GXFX | JL Audio F212v2 | Virgin v6 | Pioneer LX 500 4k Blu-Ray | Apple TV 4k | Linn Sondek LP12
post #2626 of 2633 Old 05-21-2020, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by d-unknown View Post
With the new VM310 MDC, does anyone know the improvements and features it has over the VM300 apart from Apple Airplay 2?

No other changes.
post #2627 of 2633 Old 05-21-2020, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrossen View Post
Ricky - wow you are patient - I jumped ship from the M17v2 to a T777v3 and recently bought an ex-dem Lyngdorf eARC MP50. The Danes know how to build stuff as the MP50 really is silent - getting to use RoomPerfect - very different from Audyssey and Dirac and the sound it produces is quite impressive. My sub has never sounded better - George
Hey George! Hahaha suppose it seems like I'm unnaturally patient In actuality I'm just stubborn!

Haven't found anything else processor-wise to tickle my fancy lately. Apart for one exception... Lyngdorf! So it's a funny coincidence how you popped in here to mention the MP50 as I've been reading up on Lyngdorf products lately. Heard nothing but positive things and it does indeed seem like the Danes know a thing or two! Nice to hear the MP50 doesn't introduce polluting noises! CONGRATULATIONS! lol RoomPerfect is fascinating! The way it approaches things in order to preserve the tone and character of your speakers, in contrast to Dirac. TBH I haven't had any success implementing a Dirac calibration into my system yet so I just leave it off. I've done around a dozen calibration sessions but every result is inferior to simply running the M17 processor 'direct'. Suppose I'm not a fan of EQ-trickery (?). Still curious to see if RoomPerfect would change that. Keeping a close eye on Lyngdorf threads!

Seems that Lyngdorf, NAD M25, MA Platinum and Fathom are a stellar combo! Enjoy your impressive system!!

(what's your next upgrade? lol)

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2628 of 2633 Old 05-21-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Hey George! Hahaha suppose it seems like I'm unnaturally patient In actuality I'm just stubborn!

Haven't found anything else processor-wise to tickle my fancy lately. Apart for one exception... Lyngdorf! So it's a funny coincidence how you popped in here to mention the MP50 as I've been reading up on Lyngdorf products lately. Heard nothing but positive things and it does indeed seem like the Danes know a thing or two! Nice to hear the MP50 doesn't introduce polluting noises! CONGRATULATIONS! lol RoomPerfect is fascinating! The way it approaches things in order to preserve the tone and character of your speakers, in contrast to Dirac. TBH I haven't had any success implementing a Dirac calibration into my system yet so I just leave it off. I've done around a dozen calibration sessions but every result is inferior to simply running the M17 processor 'direct'. Suppose I'm not a fan of EQ-trickery (?). Still curious to see if RoomPerfect would change that. Keeping a close eye on Lyngdorf threads!

Seems that Lyngdorf, NAD M25, MA Platinum and Fathom are a stellar combo! Enjoy your impressive system!!

(what's your next upgrade? lol)
Very soon - in fact tomorrow I'm taking delivery of a Nord Acoustics 3 channel NC500 Class D for LCR. After that I think I am done for upgrades. I'm meant to be saving after all as the markets did take a hammering recently and are slowly recovering.

I actually quite liked Dirac and I thought it handled my room really well. But RoomPerfect has a great job of integrating my sub with all my speakers.

I would definitely consider the Lyngdorf MP40 which in Sweden may be at quite a good price. RoomPerfect does take some getting used to. It's a weird combination of Audyssey friendliness with the power of Dirac hidden behind it. I have done one cal so far and will do another one once I have the Nord installed. You can adjust the sound in the Lyngdorf with voicings. So my days of adjusting Dirac curves are behind me now.

I even got into Roon as the Lyngdorf doesn't have the equivalent of BluSound. But Roon was a breeze to setup and works really well with the MP50 - George
RickyDeg likes this.

LG C9 | Lyngdorf MP50 (eARC)| NAD M25 | Nord One NC500DM MKII 3 Channel Monitor Audio | Platinum PL100 II | Monitor Audio Platinum PLC150 II | 6 Monitor Gold GXFX | JL Audio F212v2 | Virgin v6 | Pioneer LX 500 4k Blu-Ray | Apple TV 4k | Linn Sondek LP12
post #2629 of 2633 Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrossen View Post
Very soon - in fact tomorrow I'm taking delivery of a Nord Acoustics 3 channel NC500 Class D for LCR. After that I think I am done for upgrades. I'm meant to be saving after all as the markets did take a hammering recently and are slowly recovering.

I actually quite liked Dirac and I thought it handled my room really well. But RoomPerfect has a great job of integrating my sub with all my speakers.

I would definitely consider the Lyngdorf MP40 which in Sweden may be at quite a good price. RoomPerfect does take some getting used to. It's a weird combination of Audyssey friendliness with the power of Dirac hidden behind it. I have done one cal so far and will do another one once I have the Nord installed. You can adjust the sound in the Lyngdorf with voicings. So my days of adjusting Dirac curves are behind me now.

I even got into Roon as the Lyngdorf doesn't have the equivalent of BluSound. But Roon was a breeze to setup and works really well with the MP50 - George
How are those NC500 working out for you? Using the NAD M25 for other channel duties? Still pleased with it's overall performance? Did you ever test the M27 with your speakers BTW?

Yes, I remember you had a more positive experience of Dirac that me. That's good. And now RoomPerfect seems to have take integration and performance to another level.

I was actually thinking of the new MP40, since I don't have that many HDMI sources - waiting to see the price for it here in Sweden. Too bad though that it's the same dealer selling Lyngdorf as NAD. Exclusive brand. Donno how I feel about that, all things considered.

LG OLED65C8 (oled tv)
post #2630 of 2633 Old 05-23-2020, 02:55 AM

Quote:
How are those NC500 working out for you? Using the NAD M25 for other channel duties? Still pleased with it's overall performance? Did you ever test the M27 with your speakers BTW?

Yes, I remember you had a more positive experience of Dirac that me. That's good. And now RoomPerfect seems to have take integration and performance to another level.

I was actually thinking of the new MP40, since I don't have that many HDMI sources - waiting to see the price for it here in Sweden. Too bad though that it's the same dealer selling Lyngdorf as NAD. Exclusive brand. Donno how I feel about that, all things considered.
Probably going a little off topic here. I've only listened to the Nord for a few hours but sounds great so far. Yep M25 for all surrounds/atmos. No I never tested an M27 as I got T777 and used its internal amps for the extra 2 speakers the M25 couldn't handle.

Yes if you don't like what Dirac is doing in your room might be worth giving RoomPerfect a go - it's definitely a different approach - Dirac measures around a listening position whereas RoomPerfect has you dancing around the room with the measurements.

As re the MP40 you do have a choice to get it in Denmark as I thought you had a bridge connecting Sweden to Denmark.
RickyDeg likes this.

post #2631 of 2633 Old 05-25-2020, 06:07 AM

I have a question about the supported resolutions for the VM300 & VM310 MDCs.

Does anyone know or able to confirm if it supports 4K 4096*2160 or if it only supports 4K UHD 3840*2160? I’ve tried searching information on the Nad website but haven't been able to find the answer to this.

My Sony projector has a native 17:9 4K resolution of 4096*2160 which I’d like to maintain hence the question.
post #2632 of 2633 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I have the m17 w/ the vm300 upgrade card. It performs really well, but runs very hot. Much hotter than my amplifier. I've blown the power supply twice. Once under warranty and once after it expired. Seems like its running hotter over time. Capacitor blew the second time out of warranty. Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions to cool it off?
post #2633 of 2633 Old Yesterday, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whickywhickyjim View Post
I have the m17 w/ the vm300 upgrade card. It performs really well, but runs very hot. Much hotter than my amplifier. I've blown the power supply twice. Once under warranty and once after it expired. Seems like its running hotter over time. Capacitor blew the second time out of warranty. Anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions to cool it off?
I bought these to just put on top of my Nad processor and power amp which helped a lot with cooling. My cabinet does have air grilles for hot air to escape though so your mileage may vary.

https://www.newegg.com/global/au-en/...1YF-000T-000M1

Alternatively, you can look at the stuff from https://www.acinfinity.com/, they make fan chassis's that go on top of components to help cool them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page