The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 161 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4845Likes

post #4801 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 02:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 757 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22870 Post(s)
Liked: 12499
If you can download the previous version of firmware from the EU website, you should be able to restore to that version again.

However, best to post additional X2100W related questions in the 2014 Denon AVR Owner's thread linked below:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...hread-faq.html
Bieniu likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4802 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 02:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yesterday my Denon AVR-X2100W showed me notification about software update. I allowed the update. After updating the software version is 3600-3161-6661 and there is a problem with the web interface and device control from the phone application if the device is in standby mode (it is connected with LAN by cable). In standby it responds for pings. In Settings, IP Control is set to Always. There is any solution for that? Is it possible to restore the previous software from firmware denon eu according to the instructions on the page (version 3600-0161-6640 available there)?
post #4803 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieniu View Post
Yesterday my Denon AVR-X2100W showed me notification about software update. I allowed the update. After updating the software version is 3600-3161-6661 and there is a problem with the web interface and device control from the phone application if the device is in standby mode (it is connected with LAN by cable). In standby it responds for pings. In Settings, IP Control is set to Always. There is any solution for that? Is it possible to restore the previous software from firmware denon eu according to the instructions on the page (version 3600-0161-6640 available there)?
If you can download the previous version of firmware from the EU website, you should be able to restore to that version again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4804 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 181
One might try a factory and / or network reset, depending on the configuration and setup of your unit, because it might have to be restored to its new "default" settings to get everything in order.
post #4805 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 06:53 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post
One might try a factory and / or network reset, depending on the configuration and setup of your unit, because it might have to be restored to its new "default" settings to get everything in order.
I did the update and now my audio drops for a second every so often. Very annoying. How do I download the previous firmware? Can so someone post a link to the site?
Snafu55 likes this.

Bruce
"...if we all believe in the things you believe you're seeing..." EJ/BT 76

Denon X2100W
Sony UHP-P1
U-Turn Orbit Custom
post #4806 of 5140 Old 06-20-2017, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurkey View Post
I did network reset and microprocessor reset, changed the network cable, changed ethernet to WiFi and nothing helped with my problem. Restoring old software and loading settings via the web interface caused the device to start working normally. Thank for help.
post #4807 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywater View Post
I did the update and now my audio drops for a second every so often. Very annoying. How do I download the previous firmware? Can so someone post a link to the site?
You have to go to firmware.denon.eu, choose your model and give serial number of Your receiver.
post #4808 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieniu View Post
You have to go to firmware.denon.eu, choose your model and give serial number of Your receiver.
Unfortunately, that only works if you have purchased a European unit.
post #4809 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 01:51 AM

Quote:
As long as Denon hasn't loaded the newest update to the Downloads web page, you can download it from there ....

https://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/productupdates
post #4810 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
As long as Denon hasn't loaded the newest update to the Downloads web page, you can download it from there ....

https://usa.denon.com/us/downloads/productupdates
Thanks... Now I've got to pull my receiver out of the cabinet to get the serial number. UGH! What an eff-ing pain! And I lost all of my settings when I tried to reset the network but of course the whole receiver was reset back to factory settings. Terrific! That's what I get for not backing up my settings!

I did notice that also the wireless network connection is constantly dropping. I wonder if the audio drop happens when the receiver reconnects to the network.

Bruce

Denon X2100W
Sony UHP-P1
U-Turn Orbit Custom

Last edited by crazywater; 06-21-2017 at 06:43 AM.
post #4811 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Thanks... Now I've got to pull my receiver out of the cabinet to get the serial number. UGH! What an eff-ing pain! And I lost all of my settings when I tried to reset the network but of course the whole receiver was reset back to factory settings. Terrific! That's what I get for not backing up my settings!

I did notice that also the wireless network connection is constantly dropping. I wonder if the audio drop happens when the receiver reconnects to the network.
The serial number should also be on the OEM box in which the AVR was packed in.
post #4812 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Do we know what the new firmware is supposed to bring (other than unwanted network issues)?
post #4813 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbaldwin View Post
Do we know what the new firmware is supposed to bring (other than unwanted network issues)?
I post firmware change log information in post 6 of this thread when I'm able to obtain it.
post #4814 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 10:01 AM

Just an FYI - I followed this procedure for my X2100W to do a network reset and it reinitialized the whole receiver...

Quote:
NETWORK RESET

Although not listed in the Owner's manual, a "Network reset" can be done using the below listed procedures which will not only reset the network card but will also do a microprocessor reset in the process and return all settings to their factory defaults.

1 - Turn off the power using ON/STANDBY.
2 - Simultaneously press/hold the: S700W/S900W - "Tuner Preset Ch+" and "Tune -"; X1100W/X2100W/X3100W - "Zone 2 Source" and "Dimmer" on the front panel and then press the ON/STANDBY button on the front panel.
3 - Once the display starts flashing at intervals of about 1 second, release the two buttons (hold for at least 4-5 seconds).

Bruce

Denon X2100W
Sony UHP-P1
U-Turn Orbit Custom
post #4815 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Just an FYI - I followed this procedure for my X2100W to do a network reset and it reinitialized the whole receiver...
Correct .. as is stated right there in what you quoted.
PJL99 likes this.
post #4816 of 5140 Old 06-21-2017, 10:19 AM

Hmmm. I guess I was thrown off by the subject network reset or I just didn't bother to read the rest of the paragraph. No big deal I will just reload the old firmware and rerun set up. Hopefully the old firmware is still available on the website. Thanks for your help.
post #4817 of 5140 Old 06-22-2017, 07:53 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I also updated the firmware and experienced a complete loss of network capabilities. I did try several resets(both varieties)

Rolling back to the previous firmware did resolve the issue.

I too am curious as to what this new firmware is supposed to do. I'll keep an eye on post #6.

I'm guessing that this doesn't happen to everyone? I'll also send an email to Denon see if they can shed any light.
post #4818 of 5140 Old 06-23-2017, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
Liked: 352
Quote:
Originally Posted by soblivion View Post
I also updated the firmware and experienced a complete loss of network capabilities. I did try several resets(both varieties)

I too am curious as to what this new firmware is supposed to do. I'll keep an eye on post #6.

I'm guessing that this doesn't happen to everyone? I'll also send an email to Denon see if they can shed any light.
Update did not fail the Ethernet connection for the AVR for me, so all network functions are working fine. I moved away from WiFi within days of buying the unit (many moons ago) because it never played well with my router as confirmed by both Denon and the router team (even though it was certified to be compatible). Denon's networking sucks!
post #4819 of 5140 Old 06-24-2017, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everybody. It took me long to find what I think it will be the solution to my problem. I'm no expert and no English native

I have an european X1100W, and I updated the firmware before a week of holidays, forgot about it, came back home, my Sony TV updated as well and then got the audio drop second after it, so spent a lot of time thinking it was the TV... After trying everything I noticed that the receiver had a problem with the network (via LAN, wifi or whatever...). 3 days spent trying to fix the audio drop...

So, if I understood correctly, I have to go here: firmware.denon.eu/index.php (that's the link after I enter my S/N and all) then download the previous firmware:

USB_AVR-X1100E2_000100670200-0005.zip (25.23 MB) Firmware Please unzip and follow the instructions 1600-1581-4085 16.12.2016

And follow the instructions as in: USBFirmwareUpdate_EN_AVRX1100W.pdf (72.77 KB)

Now, apart from confirmation of these instructions (so everybody can follow them if they find this forum ), I have a doubt. In the instructions PDF (attached) it says:

1. Disconnect the AC plug of your AVR-X2100W
2. Insert the USB flash drive...

Should I understand that's a typo and it refers to AVR-X1100W? Step 3 states that I should pressing "STATUS" and "TUNER PRESET CH+" then AC plug - are these the correct buttons for X1100W?

Finally, people is wondering on the changes done to this firmware. I have attached the changelog that I found, not sure if that is what people is looking for. Direct link:

firmware.denon.eu/download.php?id=155680

Many thanks in advance to everybody!
Attached Files
File Type: txt changelog_avrx1100w.txt (10.0 KB, 33 views)
File Type: pdf USBFirmwareUpdate_EN_AVRX1100W.pdf (72.8 KB, 8 views)
post #4820 of 5140 Old 06-24-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Update did not fail the Ethernet connection for the AVR for me, so all network functions are working fine. I moved away from WiFi within days of buying the unit (many moons ago) because it never played well with my router as confirmed by both Denon and the router team (even though it was certified to be compatible). Denon's networking sucks!
I'm also wired using ethernet, which I do for almost all my networking devices when possible. With the new firmware installed I also tried a network reset and setting a static IP address. When the network stopped working most of my networking became unavailable in the setup menu. I know a failed network card in the unit will also do this.

When I first purchased the unit I had a network issue and had to do a reset to get it working. I have also had to unplug the unit in the past when the networking became unresponsive. I would agree that Denon's networking sucks.

I sent an email to Denon but haven't gotten a reply. I'll give them a call Monday but I don't expect that they will be helpful(based on past communications with them). I hope I'm wrong in this assumption.
post #4821 of 5140 Old 06-25-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:

How did you back off the update? I downloaded the December 16 firmware and followed the instructions provided and am receiving the messages ALLUSBUPDATE... and then NoFilesFound 37.

I have tried using wired as well as wireless since the update and they are both trashed. It will connect for about a minute and then drop. There's an audio drop whenever the network connection drops which happens every few minutes. Very frustrating. To get around it I have turned off the DHCP server and manually configured the connection. The Diagnostics test shows OK for internet and network but still cannot connect to the internet for Pandora or SiriusXM or even to check status on firmware.

Since the connection doesn't drop there is no audio drop but also no internet access.

Bruce

Denon X2100W
Sony UHP-P1
U-Turn Orbit Custom

Last edited by crazywater; 06-25-2017 at 11:30 AM.
post #4822 of 5140 Old 06-25-2017, 07:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hey there. I have a question. Is there a way I can hook up a pair of headphones to my Denon receiver? It has Bluetooth and sometimes I want to listen to it with headphones but I can't see where in the world how you would do that. Now, I have hooked my headphones up to my iPhone using Spotify and casting it to my receiver which does work but are the Denon receivers meant to have a direct Bluetooth headphone connection or do you need to rely on another device, like a phone? What if you do not have such a hi-tech phone then? No dice?
Thanks.
post #4823 of 5140 Old 06-25-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opentoe View Post
Hey there. I have a question. Is there a way I can hook up a pair of headphones to my Denon receiver? It has Bluetooth and sometimes I want to listen to it with headphones but I can't see where in the world how you would do that. Now, I have hooked my headphones up to my iPhone using Spotify and casting it to my receiver which does work but are the Denon receivers meant to have a direct Bluetooth headphone connection or do you need to rely on another device, like a phone? What if you do not have such a hi-tech phone then? No dice?
Thanks.
You would need to purchase a 3rd party Bluetooth transmitter and connect it to the AVR.
post #4824 of 5140 Old 06-25-2017, 09:18 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Could anyone recommend a good quality one? I already have a really good quality headphones, bluetooth. Just need the transmitter.
post #4825 of 5140 Old 06-26-2017, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benur View Post

Now, apart from confirmation of these instructions (so everybody can follow them if they find this forum ), I have a doubt. In the instructions PDF (attached) it says:

1. Disconnect the AC plug of your AVR-X2100W
2. Insert the USB flash drive...

Should I understand that's a typo and it refers to AVR-X1100W? Step 3 states that I should pressing "STATUS" and "TUNER PRESET CH+" then AC plug - are these the correct buttons for X1100W?

Many thanks in advance to everybody!
Please? Since crazywater had a problem reverting to the previous firmware I'd like to be totally sure.

Thanks!!!
post #4826 of 5140 Old 06-26-2017, 11:48 AM

Those instructions look correct. Make sure you unzip compressed file and put the 'firmware' folder in the root of the usb drive.
Also make sure the usb drive is formatted to FAT 32.
post #4827 of 5140 Old 06-27-2017, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Those instructions look correct. Make sure you unzip compressed file and put the 'firmware' folder in the root of the usb drive.
Reformatted my USB stick and then was able to rollback the firmware to December 2016 and now all network connectivity is restored. So it does appear to be related to the firmware upgrade despite what Denon has told me over email.

Bruce

Denon X2100W
Sony UHP-P1
U-Turn Orbit Custom
post #4828 of 5140 Old 06-27-2017, 12:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 147
The update did fix the issue with the info bar staying up indefinitely after power on until a button is pushed, which is great since that was extremely annoying.

However like many others the Airplay/networking is not working very well, mine is connected via wifi as I can't get Ethernet to this location easily, but the wifi signal is rock solid to it. I just hard reset the X2100 and it's working now, but it's been spotty.

Update 5 minutes later - Airplay already not working again.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)

Last edited by Done Deal DR; 06-27-2017 at 01:05 PM.
post #4829 of 5140 Old 06-27-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks, I'll try soon... (bit of scared)
post #4830 of 5140 Old 07-06-2017, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benur View Post
Thanks, I'll try soon... (bit of scared)
I finally tried. Went well. Only thing I had disabled DHCP so got a bit of scared because it was not working. Didn't need to reset anything so I kept all my settings, except maybe that the receiver does not change to TV AUDIO mode automatically when I'm playing from the TV, not big deal, I can manually change it. Have to find some time to find why it goes like that now.

Thanks!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
buzz , buzzing , Denon , denon s500bt , hum , humming , X1100W , X2100W , x3100w , X4100W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page