The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4844Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #5041 of 5131 Old 09-03-2018, 12:22 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,
have a X2100W (Europe) and some Problems appeard:


Got some black screens with ps4 pro.
I didn't find this issue in the tread, even I thought it was an common issue.
Could someone fix it?

Firmware is not the newest because of:



After one Firmware-Update ARC stopped working.
Now i'm on 3500-3211-9681.
Don't want to go to the newset, because also HDMI-Steering was broken after one update.


Is it possible to go to an older firmware on the denon Fimware site over USB?
tzer is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5042 of 5131 Old 09-04-2018, 03:25 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzer View Post
Hi,
have a X2100W (Europe) and some Problems appeard:


Got some black screens with ps4 pro.
I didn't find this issue in the tread, even I thought it was an common issue.
Could someone fix it?

Firmware is not the newest because of:



After one Firmware-Update ARC stopped working.
Now i'm on 3500-3211-9681.
Don't want to go to the newset, because also HDMI-Steering was broken after one update.


Is it possible to go to an older firmware on the denon Fimware site over USB?
Yes.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5043 of 5131 Old 09-06-2018, 12:08 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5044 of 5131 Old 09-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Recent Pandora outage fix schedule --> https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answe...75Mv8v~zj~PP~m
Grrrrrrr… they broke it again. You would think they would be able to fix it more quickly. I guess they don't remember what they did last time.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5045 of 5131 Old 09-08-2018, 04:06 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Recent Pandora outage fix schedule --> https://denon.custhelp.com/app/answe...75Mv8v~zj~PP~m
Grrrrrrr… they broke it again. You would think they would be able to fix it more quickly. I guess they don't remember what they did last time when Pandora broke for what I recall was the same reason. At least it didn't break on my X2400H. It just gets more complicated feeding the X2100W from the X2400H stream. Grrrrrrr…


Thanks JD for the post. At least I don't have to troubleshoot. We had a neighborhood power outage yesterday and I thought that might have spooked the AVR and broken Pandora.

Last edited by PJL99; 09-08-2018 at 08:48 AM.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5046 of 5131 Old 09-08-2018, 04:57 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Grrrrrrr… they broke it again. You would think they would be able to fix it more quickly. I guess they don't remember what they did last time.
You'll note the updates are coming out MUCH quicker this time.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5047 of 5131 Old 09-08-2018, 09:04 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
You'll note the updates are coming out MUCH quicker this time.
I did notice that. Two months is better than six+ I guess. If the Denon Pandora app (the authentication process) keeps breaking then there is major shortcoming in the software design. Aps on other devices did not break just because Pandora updated their security certificates.

Last edited by PJL99; 09-09-2018 at 05:05 AM.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5048 of 5131 Old 09-09-2018, 12:06 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
I did notice that. Two months is better than six+ I guess. If the Denon Pandora app (the authentication process) keeps breaking then there is major shortcoming in the software design. Aps on other devices did not break just because Pandora updated their security certificates.
Apps on other older AVR brands did as well.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5049 of 5131 Old 09-09-2018, 02:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Apps on other older AVR brands did as well.
Interesting. I meant devices other than my X2100W by the way (don't have other AVR brands) -- even my five year old tablet didn't hiccup.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5050 of 5131 Old 09-09-2018, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
toddman36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 182
3

Dammit, atleast Im not the only one with Pandora not working on my 4100. Grrrrr... October, jesus they work Slow......

Thank god for my sonos system on my patio....

(R&L: Infinity Beta 50) (Center: Infinity Beta C360) (Surround Side & Back: Infinity IW ERS 210 x 4) (TM: Infinity IC ERS 110 x 2) (Sub: Def Tech SC1)
(7.2.2 Config.) (AVR: Denon-4500) (Audiosource Amp 110 for TM's) (BRP: Pioneer 80FD) (Nvidia Shield TV) (Display: LG-65C9)
toddman36 is offline  
post #5051 of 5131 Old 09-10-2018, 02:32 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Interesting. I meant devices other than my X2100W by the way (don't have other AVR brands) -- even my five year old tablet didn't hiccup.
They use a different way of connecting to the Pandora servers.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5052 of 5131 Old 09-10-2018, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
They use a different way of connecting to the Pandora servers.
Clearly.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5053 of 5131 Old 10-31-2018, 08:01 AM
Senior Member
 
bxbigpipi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I thought they were supposed to have pandora fixed this month?

Bxbigpipi
bxbigpipi is offline  
post #5054 of 5131 Old 10-31-2018, 08:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxbigpipi View Post
I thought they were supposed to have pandora fixed this month?
Denon strikes again. Are we really surprised?
PJL99 is offline  
post #5055 of 5131 Old 11-01-2018, 09:10 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Denon strikes again. Are we really surprised?
Along these lines, JD (or anyone else) do you know if Denon actually released any of the other Pandora updates that were scheduled for prior months?
PJL99 is offline  
post #5056 of 5131 Old 11-02-2018, 07:35 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
You'll note the updates are coming out MUCH quicker this time.
Not so much. Well per the November 1st version of the update schedule on Denon's site the X2100W update has slipped from October to December. The fix for this model is now scheduled to take as long as it did the last time this happened. Of course the slip was not acknowledged, it was just stated.

Any comments JD?
PJL99 is offline  
post #5057 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Not so much. Well per the November 1st version of the update schedule on Denon's site the X2100W update has slipped from October to December. The fix for this model is now scheduled to take as long as it did the last time this happened. Of course the slip was not acknowledged, it was just stated.

Any comments JD?
If Pandora is an important feature for you, use one of the several different 3rd party alternatives to stream Pandora to the AVR.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5058 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 07:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If Pandora is an important feature for you, use one of the several different 3rd party alternatives to stream Pandora to the AVR.
Such as?
PJL99 is offline  
post #5059 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Such as?
Roku, Chromecast, AppleTV and some smart TVs to name just a few.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5060 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM
Member
 
jwb0007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Please tell me I simply am misunderstanding something

Purchased an AVR-X3400H. My intention was to have a 5.2.2 setup (L/C/R/FHL/FHR/SL/SR), and to have 2 Zone 2 speakers outside on my deck -- recognizing that two speakers (the front heights, presumably) would not be used when I turned on Zone 2.

BUT I DO NOT SEE HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THAT in the setup process. It seems to me that the heights and the Zone 2 speakers use the same Surround Back posts.

Is that so? Any work-around?

Hope so, as I was eagerly awaiting receipt of the receiver . . . . Even my Onkyo TX-NR646 at half the price will do that.

Jim
St. Louis, MO area
AVRs: Denon AVR-X4400H, Onkyo TX-NR1030, Denon AVR-X3400H, Onkyo TX-NR646
Speakers: BIC America LH6-LCR and FH-65B, Polk RTi6, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10

Last edited by jwb0007; 11-03-2018 at 12:02 PM. Reason: correction
jwb0007 is offline  
post #5061 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 01:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Roku, Chromecast, AppleTV and some smart TVs to name just a few.
So I have to purchase these since Denon can't get their act together and are going to be two months late in issuing their fix? I suggest you stop defending Denon for their incompetence.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5062 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0007 View Post
Purchased an AVR-X3400H. My intention was to have a 5.2.2 setup (L/C/R/FHL/FHR/SL/SR), and to have 2 Zone 2 speakers outside on my deck -- recognizing that two speakers (the front heights, presumably) would not be used when I turned on Zone 2.

BUT I DO NOT SEE HOW TO ACCOMPLISH THAT in the setup process. It seems to me that the heights and the Zone 2 speakers use the same Surround Back posts.

Is that so? Any work-around?

Hope so, as I was eagerly awaiting receipt of the receiver . . . . Even my Onkyo TX-NR646 at half the price will do that.
Oops! Wrong thread. This covers the 2014 models while the X3400H is a 2017 model. Please repost in that thread.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5063 of 5131 Old 11-03-2018, 01:44 PM
Member
 
jwb0007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Charles, MO
Posts: 199
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Sorry 'bout that. Would delete if I could see how.

Jim
St. Louis, MO area
AVRs: Denon AVR-X4400H, Onkyo TX-NR1030, Denon AVR-X3400H, Onkyo TX-NR646
Speakers: BIC America LH6-LCR and FH-65B, Polk RTi6, Infinity Primus P362, Klipsch KSF-C5
Subs: Polk PSW505 x 2, Klipsch Synergy Sub-10
jwb0007 is offline  
post #5064 of 5131 Old 11-04-2018, 02:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb0007 View Post
Sorry 'bout that. Would delete if I could see how.
To delete a post you have made, select the EDIT button on that post and then the DELETE radio buttons on the pop-up page.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5065 of 5131 Old 11-10-2018, 11:49 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 115
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Firmware updated for AVR-X3100W

FYI,

My AVR got an online update yesterday and the Denon website indicates it's dated November 9th.

Unfortunately, the chandelog file hasn't been updated since October 1st 2017.

Regards,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10); AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
Walky is offline  
post #5066 of 5131 Old 11-11-2018, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
FYI,

My AVR got an online update yesterday and the Denon website indicates it's dated November 9th.

Unfortunately, the chandelog file hasn't been updated since October 1st 2017.

Regards,

W.
Thanks for the heads up. My X2100W updated as well, although it took several retries to connect to the update server, including unplugging the receiver when it just froze. Fortunately it eventually updated and Pandora now works.

This is the second time Pandora has broken in as many years. So I'm looking forward to next summer when it breaks again, probably in late August 2019 if history repeats itself.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5067 of 5131 Old 11-12-2018, 08:10 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. My X2100W updated as well, although it took several retries to connect to the update server, including unplugging the receiver when it just froze. Fortunately it eventually updated and Pandora now works.

This is the second time Pandora has broken in as many years. So I'm looking forward to next summer when it breaks again, probably in late August 2019 if history repeats itself.
That's the nice thing about the 2015 and newer HEOS models …….they no longer have to rely on an on board Pandora app, rather the stream is started from a phone/tablet which is no longer impacted when Pandora changes their security certificates.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5068 of 5131 Old 11-12-2018, 04:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
That's the nice thing about the 2015 and newer HEOS models …….they no longer have to rely on an on board Pandora app, rather the stream is started from a phone/tablet which is no longer impacted when Pandora changes their security certificates.
Well a whole bunch of built-in apps on other devices (Smart TVs, UHD Blu-ray players, etc. that I own) survived the certificate change and worked just fine without updates. HEOS has its advantages, but the fact that Denon eliminated web controls on those later HEOS models makes its use cumbersome on non-Apple or Android devices. I thought I read that web control came back on recent models, but my X2100W and X2400H work just fine and not all of us have the resources to buy a new receiver every time Denon changes their feature set -- which come to think may just be their marketing strategy.
PJL99 is offline  
post #5069 of 5131 Old 11-13-2018, 05:33 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,058
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22045 Post(s)
Liked: 11958
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Well a whole bunch of built-in apps on other devices (Smart TVs, UHD Blu-ray players, etc. that I own) survived the certificate change and worked just fine without updates. HEOS has its advantages, but the fact that Denon eliminated web controls on those later HEOS models makes its use cumbersome on non-Apple or Android devices. I thought I read that web control came back on recent models, but my X2100W and X2400H work just fine and not all of us have the resources to buy a new receiver every time Denon changes their feature set -- which come to think may just be their marketing strategy.
1. Indeed, but note this issue also impacted other AVR brands as well.
2. How so? The 2016 Denon AVR Remote app (iOS/Android) gets the job done.
3. Yup. 2018 HEOS models feature Web Control.
4. You don't have to buy a new receiver, rather you can purchase a relatively inexpensive Roku or Chromecast stick that can stream Pandora and then not have to worry about future security certificate updates.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #5070 of 5131 Old 11-13-2018, 09:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 818
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. Indeed, but note this issue also impacted other AVR brands as well.
2. How so? The 2016 Denon AVR Remote app (iOS/Android) gets the job done.
3. Yup. 2018 HEOS models feature Web Control.
4. You don't have to buy a new receiver, rather you can purchase a relatively inexpensive Roku or Chromecast stick that can stream Pandora and then not have to worry about future security certificate updates.
1. And that's an excuse for Denon having the issue?
2. It does not "get the job done." Significant settings are not available from the app. All were with web control.
3. See prior comment on Denon's marketing strategy.
4. I have both a Chromecast and Roku and the streaming quality is greatly inferior to the built-in app. Further, they require an additional device to control versus simply using the Denon remote. Fortunately the app works again after this update.

Please stop telling me I'm wrong, which you are effectively doing each time you offer a rebuttal. I'm the customer, and you're speaking like a dealer making excuses for Denon by offering options (kluge workarounds) that are not really helpful. But thanks for trying to be a good sales person.
PJL99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
buzz , buzzing , Denon , denon s500bt , hum , humming , X1100W , X2100W , x3100w , X4100W

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off