The 'Official' 2014 Denon "S Series" / "X Series" AVR Model Owner's Thread & FAQ - Page 97 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4845Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2881 of 5134 Old 03-22-2015, 02:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly69 View Post
Seems to sound a lot better now all sound modes sound good, i actually watched a show yesterday with it set to stereo something that hasnt been possible till now. Ive also noticed that Audyssey is displayed now on the front something i dont remember seeing before which makes me wonder if i set it up correctly the first 2 times as you have to select yes twice at the end of setup and i only remember setting one before. Thanks for all your help hopefully that will be it now, oh one more quicky should i have the ECO on,off or auto at the moment its off
I personally have it set to ON; as it reduces power consumption by 30% and lowers the AVR temp by 10 degrees without impacting audio quality or SPL.
jdsmoothie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2882 of 5134 Old 03-22-2015, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly69 View Post
Dont want to upset you but it sounds like youve bricked your amp by wiping the FW and the replacement either not finnishing or being corrupt and unless theirs a way to flash it again blind it sounds like your AMPS toast and needs a service visit or replacement. The moral of the story is always update via USB when available to stop things like this happening as you have no control over the net or the electric company and when one fails while updating this is what happens.


Sorry
D&M models have been updated via "wired" and "wireless" for years with no issues, and currently with the exception of the S700W and S900W, no other models can be updated via USB.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2883 of 5134 Old 03-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
There is a lot of very helpful information I have listed in posts 3-6 on page 1 of this thread. Please review post ##5 and do the Network reset.
Yes, a lot of useful information but no answer to my question. BTW the network reset you suggested does nothing.
Jim Kaufman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2884 of 5134 Old 03-23-2015, 12:17 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kaufman View Post
Yes, a lot of useful information but no answer to my question. BTW the network reset you suggested does nothing.
Does nothing in that it doesn't resolve your problem, or when you do it, nothing happens? If the latter, suggest you review the directions again, as it most definitely will reset the Network card and do a microprocessor reset if done correctly, very likely resolving your issue.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2885 of 5134 Old 03-23-2015, 12:56 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Can any SiriusXM users confirm whether the "Server Disconnected" issue still presents?
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2886 of 5134 Old 03-23-2015, 05:55 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Does nothing in that it doesn't resolve your problem, or when you do it, nothing happens? If the latter, suggest you review the directions again, as it most definitely will reset the Network card and do a microprocessor reset if done correctly, very likely resolving your issue.
On the 4100 the network reset is done by holding the arrow up and arrow down buttons while turning on the unit,which I've done at least 5 times. The receiver is still inop. No sound and no video.
Jim Kaufman is offline  
post #2887 of 5134 Old 03-23-2015, 06:24 PM
Newbie
 
polly69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
The X2100W should actually sound very good right out of the box and even better after running Audyssey. Perhaps you can be more specific about what it is you are not happy about? There are very few settings required on the AVR actually. You can set the Reference Level Offset to 10db if you feel the center channel audio is being drowned out by the increased bass from using Dynamic EQ (especially for cable/sat box viewing).

Ive lived with it now a few days and theirs some flaws, i just watched a show that was Dolby Digital and the voices seemed to be lost under music, i have it set how you suggested with it on medium and 15db. Im not sure if its different shows with different quality in sound as when a movie or show comes on and its DD the sound seems to lower compared to normal sound source and also sometimes the talking seems a little dull. Its nearly their just needs a little tweaking.
polly69 is offline  
post #2888 of 5134 Old 03-24-2015, 12:27 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Kaufman View Post
On the 4100 the network reset is done by holding the arrow up and arrow down buttons while turning on the unit,which I've done at least 5 times. The receiver is still inop. No sound and no video.
So then the former. I would also try pulling the power for 10 minutes and then doing the regular microprocessor reset a few times. If still no joy, repair is your next course of action.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2889 of 5134 Old 03-24-2015, 12:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Can any SiriusXM users confirm whether the "Server Disconnected" issue still presents?
I believe that it happened a few days ago on my X1100. I was listening to Sirius when the audio just stopped. There was something onscreen about it but I can't recall what it was. I switched over to Pandora and its signal was picked up without a problem. When I tried Sirius again later, it was OK.
My volume control lost it's functionality again but this time I discovered it was something in the HDMI control settings that cut the control out. I had been running my Roku 3 via HDMI 3 as the pass through device and the settings may have defaulted to the TV's volume control. I'll have to study this more carefully. I did hook the Roku back into one of my TV's HDMI inputs. Even though my Panny VT60 was beautifully calibrated by Chad B, the Roku's Netflix image when going through the AVR and output to the TV is very dark with those settings. With it connected directly to the TV, I can use the THX Bright Room setting on that input and get a brighter image. I lose DD+ sound but the TV's output to the X1100 via an optical cable, using PLII is pretty good. If I want Netflix with true DD+ audio. I access it through my Sony BR player. The image has no issues coming from the Sony and the DD+ sound is excellent.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #2890 of 5134 Old 03-24-2015, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
^^
Thanks for the followup. Please try to capture that "message" the next time you see it and post here if you can.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2891 of 5134 Old 03-25-2015, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal1981 View Post
I believe that it happened a few days ago on my X1100. I was listening to Sirius when the audio just stopped. There was something onscreen about it but I can't recall what it was. I switched over to Pandora and its signal was picked up without a problem. When I tried Sirius again later, it was OK.
...
Sirius/XM is not fully reliable. The web client (which the Denon access is a form of) periodically drops the connection to. So it may not be a Denon issue.
PJL99 is offline  
post #2892 of 5134 Old 03-25-2015, 06:25 PM
Newbie
 
polly69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
I personally have it set to ON; as it reduces power consumption by 30% and lowers the AVR temp by 10 degrees without impacting audio quality or SPL.

Ive got a new issue now when theirs a loud action scene it seems to lower the volume and its very annoying do you know what setting is causing this issue.
polly69 is offline  
post #2893 of 5134 Old 03-25-2015, 06:27 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,550
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4854 Post(s)
Liked: 5184
Quote:
Originally Posted by polly69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
I personally have it set to ON; as it reduces power consumption by 30% and lowers the AVR temp by 10 degrees without impacting audio quality or SPL.

Ive got a new issue now when theirs a loud action scene it seems to lower the volume and its very annoying do you know what setting is causing this issue.
That's Dynamic Volume. You can turn it off in the Audyssey menu.
batpig is offline  
post #2894 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 03:00 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Hi Ahari51,

Welcome to AVS!

One work around for Spotify is using the Airplay feature that's already built-in the X3100W. You'll need an iDevice (iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.) that supports Airplay and wi-fi network in your home.
  • Connect the X3100W via Ethernet hardwire (least issues) to your router and select network as the source.
  • On your iDevice connect to the router via wi-fi. Go to settings, select network then your router. Connect to your router with the appropriate password.
  • On your iDevice, flick up from the bottom of the screen and there should be an Airplay icon (rectangle with a triangle in it). Tap the Airplay icon and select the X3100W as the set of speakers. Make sure the volume on the iDevice is set low.
  • Start your Spotify app on your iDevice. Check that AirPlay is engaged. Select the playlist and press play. It should be streaming tunes from the iDevice to your X3100W.
You should be able to control volume, fast forward and skip tunes from the Spotify app on the iDevice.
Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I don't have an iDevice!! I realise I can also use Bluetooth, but it's just a hassle and I only have a really old smartphone that would be brought to it's knees by Spotify!

I just wanted to be able to run the app from the AVR the way it was meant to work without it all relying on other devices.

I guess the only way to get what I want would be to force the firmware installation of the USA version and it would appear that only the agents can do that. I don't think they would be too keen to help!!

I presume, until someone works out how to do it and shares it, I'm stuck!

All I can do at the moment is run Pandora from my Roku. I could also run Spotify from there, but only if I get the premium version - I'm happy with the free Spotify.

Such a pity as I consider Spotify to be a huge feature of this AVR
Ahari51 is offline  
post #2895 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 03:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari51 View Post
Thanks for the help, but unfortunately I don't have an iDevice!! I realise I can also use Bluetooth, but it's just a hassle and I only have a really old smartphone that would be brought to it's knees by Spotify!

I just wanted to be able to run the app from the AVR the way it was meant to work without it all relying on other devices.

I guess the only way to get what I want would be to force the firmware installation of the USA version and it would appear that only the agents can do that. I don't think they would be too keen to help!!

I presume, until someone works out how to do it and shares it, I'm stuck!

All I can do at the moment is run Pandora from my Roku. I could also run Spotify from there, but only if I get the premium version - I'm happy with the free Spotify.

Such a pity as I consider Spotify to be a huge feature of this AVR
Ahari51,

Is your older smartphone an Android mobile phone with KitKat OS? Try installing the latest Spotify app on your android device and on the X3100W switch over source to NETWORK. See if the Spotify app is able to recognize the X3100W as a DLNA 'speaker' via Spotify connect feature.

You should then be able to stream your playlist from the android device running Spotify app to the X3100W via Spotify connect.

I'll do this test on an older Samsung Note 2 smartphone (model GN-N7100) using Android OS 4.4.2 with the current Spotify app with the Marantz SR7009 later on this evening to see if it works. Will report back to the thread.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
steveting99 is offline  
post #2896 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 04:32 AM
Newbie
 
w1ngd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all!

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this problem. I recently bought a Denon AVR X2100W (to replace my old Denon AVR-1912) and I'm experiencing problems with the HDMI inputs. I have my HTPC, my Wii U and my blu-ray player plugged in so far. When I turn the reciever and HTPC on, I get both picture and sound, but it seems impossible to switch between different inputs. Neither the Wii U or the blu-ray player gets recognized it seems. This was a problem sometimes with my old Denon as well.

Thank you!
w1ngd3 is offline  
post #2897 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 04:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngd3 View Post
Hi all!

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me with this problem. I recently bought a Denon AVR X2100W (to replace my old Denon AVR-1912) and I'm experiencing problems with the HDMI inputs. I have my HTPC, my Wii U and my blu-ray player plugged in so far. When I turn the reciever and HTPC on, I get both picture and sound, but it seems impossible to switch between different inputs. Neither the Wii U or the blu-ray player gets recognized it seems. This was a problem sometimes with my old Denon as well.

Thank you!
Although you should be able to switch between inputs without issue, if it occurred with your 1912 as well, may be related to your sources. Try doing an HDMI reset with each source device as noted in the post below ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-faq.html#l11
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2898 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 04:51 AM
Newbie
 
w1ngd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Although you should be able to switch between inputs without issue, if it occurred with your 1912 as well, may be related to your sources. Try doing an HDMI reset with each source device as noted in the post below ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...d-faq.html#l11
Oh, so that's what handshake issues refer to! Thank you, I will try those steps. It worked fine just as I installed the receiver, but stopped working after a while. The older receiver had these problems in the beginning, but after awhile they disappeared.

EDIT: Ok, so I found a solution. I have two displays, one TV and one projector. I bought this receiver specifically so that I could switch between these two with ease. However, with the dual auto function activated, switching between sources doesn't work. It works fine if I manually set which monitor should be active though...

Last edited by w1ngd3; 03-26-2015 at 05:01 AM.
w1ngd3 is offline  
post #2899 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 05:16 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Ahari51,

Is your older smartphone an Android mobile phone with KitKat OS? Try installing the latest Spotify app on your android device and on the X3100W switch over source to NETWORK. See if the Spotify app is able to recognize the X3100W as a DLNA 'speaker' via Spotify connect feature.

You should then be able to stream your playlist from the android device running Spotify app to the X3100W via Spotify connect.

I'll do this test on an older Samsung Note 2 smartphone (model GN-N7100) using Android OS 4.4.2 with the current Spotify app with the Marantz SR7009 later on this evening to see if it works. Will report back to the thread.
Hi steveting99

Thanks for your help. My phone is an entry level Samsung - very basic with Android 4.0.4 on it. I just checked and the Spotify app is not compatible with my phone

It seems I just can't win!!

It's a pity there is no-one who knows how to get the Spotify app on my AVR-X3100W
Ahari51 is offline  
post #2900 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 05:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
PJL99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 823
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 517 Post(s)
Liked: 343
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Ahari51,

Is your older smartphone an Android mobile phone with KitKat OS? Try installing the latest Spotify app on your android device and on the X3100W switch over source to NETWORK. See if the Spotify app is able to recognize the X3100W as a DLNA 'speaker' via Spotify connect feature.

You should then be able to stream your playlist from the android device running Spotify app to the X3100W via Spotify connect.

I'll do this test on an older Samsung Note 2 smartphone (model GN-N7100) using Android OS 4.4.2 with the current Spotify app with the Marantz SR7009 later on this evening to see if it works. Will report back to the thread.
This works for me with the X2100W (Android tablet, KiKat 4.4.4).
PJL99 is offline  
post #2901 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
Sirius/XM is not fully reliable. The web client (which the Denon access is a form of) periodically drops the connection to. So it may not be a Denon issue.
I don't doubt this, especially since the other internet radio apps, especially Pandora, work well. In the greater scheme of things. I've not had any issues with Sirius radio on my PC but it's wired into my router. I guess I should try it on my laptop to check it via WiFi.

I continue to be amazed at how much better the X1100 is than my older 591. The fullness and balance of the sound stage is outstanding and the sub-woofer is so well calibrated by Audessey that I rarely have to deal with the "thick/boomy" bass that cropped up with the 591 a bit too often. From a pure sound quality standpoint, Denon has really scored with the 2014 models. Even though my Energy Take 5 Classic speakers are small, almost every review of them that I've ever seen extol their virtues and the X1100 enables them to live up to their excellent reputation.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #2902 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 08:46 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 29,550
Mentioned: 149 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4854 Post(s)
Liked: 5184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari51 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Ahari51,

Is your older smartphone an Android mobile phone with KitKat OS? Try installing the latest Spotify app on your android device and on the X3100W switch over source to NETWORK. See if the Spotify app is able to recognize the X3100W as a DLNA 'speaker' via Spotify connect feature.

You should then be able to stream your playlist from the android device running Spotify app to the X3100W via Spotify connect.

I'll do this test on an older Samsung Note 2 smartphone (model GN-N7100) using Android OS 4.4.2 with the current Spotify app with the Marantz SR7009 later on this evening to see if it works. Will report back to the thread.
Hi steveting99

Thanks for your help. My phone is an entry level Samsung - very basic with Android 4.0.4 on it. I just checked and the Spotify app is not compatible with my phone

It seems I just can't win!!

It's a pity there is no-one who knows how to get the Spotify app on my AVR-X3100W
These models only have Spotify Connect. There is no built in app that can be used without an external device. Spotify Connect requires another device to be the "controller" although the stream goes directly to the receiver.

Like your Roku, using Spotify on any media device requires the premium subscription.

So what you are looking for is not possible. You need a premium subscription and an external controller.
batpig is offline  
post #2903 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 01:39 PM
Member
 
pd555's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari51 View Post
Hi steveting99

Thanks for your help. My phone is an entry level Samsung - very basic with Android 4.0.4 on it. I just checked and the Spotify app is not compatible with my phone

It seems I just can't win!!

It's a pity there is no-one who knows how to get the Spotify app on my AVR-X3100W
Maybe you could find an older version of the Spotify Android app that is compatible and sideload it. Don't know that would work but that is what I would try
pd555 is offline  
post #2904 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 03:02 PM
Member
 
irpejoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi, I have new denon avr-x2100w av reiceiver. Few problems.

I use main zone 4.1 system which has two front speakers and 2 rear speakers and subwoofer. In Zone 2, I use two seperate speakers which are placed in different room.

How can I play music on zone 2 only. Is the only way to select “All Zone Stereo” and mute main zone and volume up zone 2. I have assigned amp assing settings to be zone 2 so that main zone and zone 2 are different spaces. How Can play two different songs in different zones.

In zone 2 I have 6 ohm speakers and in main zone I have 8 ohm speakers. Can I seperately change zone 2 speakers to receive 6ohm and main zone speakers to receive 8 ohm (default). How? What options do I have?

Can I use audussey setup in zone 2 which is in different room so it has different settings than main zone. How?

Should I select speakers size setup large for zone 2 speakers since there is no subwoofer?
irpejoo is offline  
post #2905 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,016
Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by irpejoo View Post
Hi, I have new denon avr-x2100w av reiceiver. Few problems.

I use main zone 4.1 system which has two front speakers and 2 rear speakers and subwoofer. In Zone 2, I use two seperate speakers which are placed in different room.

How can I play music on zone 2 only. Is the only way to select “All Zone Stereo” and mute main zone and volume up zone 2. I have assigned amp assing settings to be zone 2 so that main zone and zone 2 are different spaces. How Can play two different songs in different zones.

In zone 2 I have 6 ohm speakers and in main zone I have 8 ohm speakers. Can I seperately change zone 2 speakers to receive 6ohm and main zone speakers to receive 8 ohm (default). How? What options do I have?

Can I use audussey setup in zone 2 which is in different room so it has different settings than main zone. How?

Should I select speakers size setup large for zone 2 speakers since there is no subwoofer?
1. Zone 2 sources can play independently to Zone 2 but on the X2100W (and lower models) can only be analog or on board audio (ie. networking, USB, Tuner) otherwise if HDMI use All Zone Stereo. You can only use one networking source at a time.
2. Regardless of what impedance speakers you are using, it's never recommended to change the impedance setting as doing so simply limits the current. Leave it at the default of 8-ohm for all speakers.
3. Audyssey only works in the main zone.
4. When no subwoofer is used, the speakers always default to LARGE.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #2906 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Ahari51,

Is your older smartphone an Android mobile phone with KitKat OS? Try installing the latest Spotify app on your android device and on the X3100W switch over source to NETWORK. See if the Spotify app is able to recognize the X3100W as a DLNA 'speaker' via Spotify connect feature.

You should then be able to stream your playlist from the android device running Spotify app to the X3100W via Spotify connect.

I'll do this test on an older Samsung Note 2 smartphone (model GN-N7100) using Android OS 4.4.2 with the current Spotify app with the Marantz SR7009 later on this evening to see if it works. Will report back to the thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahari51 View Post
Hi steveting99

Thanks for your help. My phone is an entry level Samsung - very basic with Android 4.0.4 on it. I just checked and the Spotify app is not compatible with my phone

It seems I just can't win!!

It's a pity there is no-one who knows how to get the Spotify app on my AVR-X3100W
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJL99 View Post
This works for me with the X2100W (Android tablet, KiKat 4.4.4).
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
These models only have Spotify Connect. There is no built in app that can be used without an external device. Spotify Connect requires another device to be the "controller" although the stream goes directly to the receiver.

Like your Roku, using Spotify on any media device requires the premium subscription.

So what you are looking for is not possible. You need a premium subscription and an external controller.
Ahari51,

I can confirm what batpig and PJL99 says that Spotify (via it's connect feature) does work with the Marantz SR7009 receiver and should work with your Denon X3100. To stream from the android phone to the receiver requires the paid 'Premium' account.

Tested Spotify connect with my wife's iPhone 6+ (iOS 8.1.2) using the free version of Spotify and was able to stream using AirPlay with the SR7009 as the 'speakers'.

So it looks like you'll have to pony up with a paid subscription of Spotify to get streaming going from your older android device to the X3100. Or trade-in your old android phone for a newer iDevice to get the free version of Spotify and stream to your X3100 via AirPlay.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
steveting99 is offline  
post #2907 of 5134 Old 03-26-2015, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Cal1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,804
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 679 Post(s)
Liked: 1076
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
^^
Thanks for the followup. Please try to capture that "message" the next time you see it and post here if you can.
One of the messages that I seem to get fairly often on Sirius is "Track not found". Eventually, after several tries, the channel will kick in.
Cal1981 is offline  
post #2908 of 5134 Old 03-27-2015, 02:05 AM
Member
 
stygz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 19
HDMI problem?

I am on my second Denon. The first one had an issue with the Blu-Ray HDMI loosing signal. I now have my replacement but it seems to be acting up upon pass through. When I first turn on my tv and satellite the receiver will not pass through the HDMI signal. If I turn ON the receiver it then will pass the signal as it should. I then can turn OFF the receiver and the signal will pass through.


Basically I can watch tv without the receiver on as the signal is in pass through. If I turn everything off/standby I will have to reboot and then turn off the receiver to get the signal to pass through. On Denon (same model) I had before did not do this. Is this normal? It seems I should not have to reboot the receiver just to get HDMI to pass through.


I posted this elsewhere forgetting about this thread.
stygz is offline  
post #2909 of 5134 Old 03-27-2015, 03:33 AM
Member
 
stygz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 19
After doing a software update this issue with my satellite HDMI pass through now works. However, If I try the Game, Blu-ray, or DVD I do not get any HDMI pass through without having the AVR on.
stygz is offline  
post #2910 of 5134 Old 03-27-2015, 04:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
steveting99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 3,384
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1848 Post(s)
Liked: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by stygz View Post
After doing a software update this issue with my satellite HDMI pass through now works. However, If I try the Game, Blu-ray, or DVD I do not get any HDMI pass through without having the AVR on.
Hi stygz,

Jdsmoothie can confirm this, but the receiver remembers that last HDMI input that was used for pass through.

Pass through works for just one of the HDMI input ports and not all.

So yes, you'll have to switch ON the receiver and select the right HDMI port you want for pass through.

Marantz SR-7009, Oppo BPD-93, MTV 7000D, aTV, Harmony Home Control remote, KEF E301+T101, MiniDSP (2x4)+(10x10HD)+(DDRC-88A), Emotiva 2xXPA-5 (Gen2), Rythmik 2xF12G+2xF8, HiMedia Q16, LG 55EC9300.
steveting99 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
buzz , buzzing , Denon , denon s500bt , hum , humming , X1100W , X2100W , x3100w , X4100W

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off