Marantz SR7009 Owner's Thread - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1006Likes

post #3091 of 3530 Old 12-15-2016, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGR32276 View Post
Did a live chat with Marantz, it is the Pandora App Login Issue. So no big deal for me, since we don't use Pandora.
and nothing else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3530 Old 12-15-2016, 03:49 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelew17 View Post
and nothing else?
Nope according to the release notes then sent me.

Sharp Aquos LC-70C6400U Marantz SR-7009 Marantz MM-7025 Audio Technica AT-LP60SPBT-BK Polk Monitor 70 fronts, Monitor 50 Rears, CS2 Center HTD HD-R80 Top center (X2) HTD HD-W80 Tops (X6) Sunfire HRS-10 Yamaha YST-SW215
post #3093 of 3530 Old 12-16-2016, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGR32276 View Post
Nope according to the release notes then sent me.
interesting they rolled out the firmware update in the UK then, as Pandora is not available in the UK
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3094 of 3530 Old 12-16-2016, 02:07 AM

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Well, I am glad to have pandora back! I had other means to receive pandora but it sounded better straight from the Marantz.
post #3095 of 3530 Old 12-16-2016, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:
Originally Posted by leelew17 View Post
interesting they rolled out the firmware update in the UK then, as Pandora is not available in the UK
jtsmoothie mentioned in another thread that they often include minor bug fixes without mentioning them. They're probably all that are included in the non-US firmware updates.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #3096 of 3530 Old 12-20-2016, 03:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Speaking of minor issues, i have an annoying one, even if i am overall a very satisfied owner

I listen to Dolby surround with "center spread" option set to ON, as the sound is much bettter on stereo source with the option ON.
Many times, i can hear the sound going back to OFF when switching source, as all the sound falls back on the center channel
I have to go in the audio settings again, i can see the option is still ON, but i have to switch it OFF then ON again to have the sound back on my main speakers.

Is anyone having the same issue ?
Any solution ?

9.2.4 : Panasonic UBD700 / Marantz 7009 + Lexicon CX-7 / Monitor Audio Gold GX (300+center+S12+S6+S6) [bottom 9] + Bose 101 monitors [top 4] / Klipsch R 115 + Sydney AR12 / Epson 9300
post #3097 of 3530 Old 12-21-2016, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Just updated and noticed that the annoying prompt with Source, Input, and Sound stays on the screen on every load. Anyone know how to remove this on start up? Here is an example of the prompt - http://imgur.com/I8jzVrQ
post #3098 of 3530 Old 12-21-2016, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donaldinc View Post
Just updated and noticed that the annoying prompt with Source, Input, and Sound stays on the screen on every load. Anyone know how to remove this on start up? Here is an example of the prompt - http://imgur.com/I8jzVrQ
It's due to a bug in the new firmware. It's been reported for several receiver models. A temporary fix seems to be to unplug the receiver from wall power for about 10 minutes. Hopefully they'll come out with a fix soon.
donaldinc likes this.

Selden

post #3099 of 3530 Old 12-27-2016, 01:19 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Well, I think my 7009 may be dying. I've noticed every once in a while the screen would go black, wait a second, and then turn back on. I always assumed it was an HDMI hiccup. My equip rack is in a separate room, so I couldn't see what was going on. This weekend I was watching via my Apple TV and the 7009 just started turning off, and then on, and then off, and then on. I would see the image on the screen for a second. I went into the control room to see what was going on. I have CEC turned off, I unplugged my harmony just to be sure it wasn't getting false signals and it kept happening. I unplugged it, plugged back in, still kept happening. Held down the power button for 10 seconds and it finally quit and I was able to finish the movie.

I've reached out to Marantz via email but I'm getting nothing from them. I'm guessing a lot of folks get new gear for Christmas and they get swamped.

I did a search of this thread for 'power cycle' and 'powers off' but didn't see anything like this.

Thoughts?
post #3100 of 3530 Old 12-27-2016, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 743 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22615 Post(s)
Liked: 12308
Quote:
Originally Posted by rprice54 View Post
Well, I think my 7009 may be dying. I've noticed every once in a while the screen would go black, wait a second, and then turn back on. I always assumed it was an HDMI hiccup. My equip rack is in a separate room, so I couldn't see what was going on. This weekend I was watching via my Apple TV and the 7009 just started turning off, and then on, and then off, and then on. I would see the image on the screen for a second. I went into the control room to see what was going on. I have CEC turned off, I unplugged my harmony just to be sure it wasn't getting false signals and it kept happening. I unplugged it, plugged back in, still kept happening. Held down the power button for 10 seconds and it finally quit and I was able to finish the movie.

I've reached out to Marantz via email but I'm getting nothing from them. I'm guessing a lot of folks get new gear for Christmas and they get swamped.

I did a search of this thread for 'power cycle' and 'powers off' but didn't see anything like this.

Thoughts?
You can try doing a microprocessor reset (p. 299/311 Owner's manual), otherwise, the unit is still under warranty, so give Marantz a call for a RMA.
post #3101 of 3530 Old 12-28-2016, 01:20 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Could it be a heat issue? Is there enough ventilation in that equipment rack in the other room? Maybe put a fan on it temporarily to see if it helps.
post #3102 of 3530 Old 12-29-2016, 05:07 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:

Thoughts?
My screen went black, but I still had audio. And when I pressed any button the screen would light up again, then go out, but still play = Found out (after a few tense moments) THAT is a setting on the dang thing to turn DISPLAY off while in use! It's on the button tray, not the remote.
(7008 model)!

DISREGUARD THIS POST I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT THE DISPLAY SCREEN ON THE MARANTZ.

Music, more music.

Last edited by altpensacola; 01-30-2017 at 02:00 PM.
post #3103 of 3530 Old 01-01-2017, 12:17 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 64
DTS-HD High Resolution on my SR7009

This post is for informational purposes, but I'd be very curious if this has happened to others as well.

Tonight I watched "Finding Dory" on Blu-Ray. I have this setup: Oppo BDP-103D -- [HDMI out 1] ---> Marantz SR7009 [Blu-Ray input] --- [Monitor 1] ---> Sony VPL-HW55ES. My speaker setup is a standard 7.2 setup, amp'd from the Marantz, and powered subs.

Now for some inexplicable reason, Finding Dory has a Dolby DTS-HD High Resolution 5.1 track. (aka DTS-HD HR 5.1). It ALSO has a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track, but also for some inexplicable reason, my Oppo player picked the DTS-HD HR 5.1 track to play by default.

Anyhow, the show starts playing and there was no sound. I brought up the Marantz info box and it said that [Signal] was "Unknown". So I checked the audio track on The Oppo player, saw it was playing something I'd never seen (DTS-HD HR? What the heck is that?) I saw there was a DTS-HD MA 7.1 track also so I switched to that. Problem solved! And I was glad in a way since the 7.1 lossless track would be my preference anyway.

But afterward I wanted to figure out what this mysterious format was that didn't work on my Marantz SR7009. I read up and found that DTS-HD HR is a step up from DTS (used on DVDs), putting additional data on DTS core track. However, it isn't as nice as DTS-HD MA. I also read that it is extremely RARE, and the place I was looking said they knew of no BluRays that used this format.

Hey everybody! I found one! The recently released Finding Dory movie! And it broke my receiver!

What was odd was that it said if the receiver doesn't support it, it should just recognize the DTS core and be happy. The Marantz wasn't.

So here's what I learned.

1) The Marantz manual says it DOES support DTS-HD High Resolution (shows as DTS-HD HI RES on the info screen)
2) My Marantz doesn't recognize the bitstream when I start video with DTS-HD Hi-Res track. It goes silent and says "Unknown".
3) If I change input settings on Marantz to "DTS" from "Auto" it doesn't work still.
4) If I change output settings on Oppo player from Auto to "Bitstream only" it doesn't work.
5) It DOES work if I start the video stream, then power cycle the Marantz, turning it on in the middle of the DTS-HD HR audio. Then it locks on and shows DTS-HD HI RES on the info screen. Success!
6) It DOES work if I start the video stream, then on the OPPO switch to LPCM (i.e. Oppo decodes the DTS-HD HR and sends LPCM 7.1 stream), then switch the Oppo BACK to Bitstream (or Auto). Then it locks on to the DTS-HD HI RES stream without power cycling the SR7009. (this is better than #5 in my opinion)
7) Changing the Oppo to LPCM output works too (as mentioned in #6) , as the Oppo decodes DTS-HD HR just fine and delivers lossless channelized 7.1 to the Marantz.

So - a weird and quirky bug on the Marantz, with a satisfactory workaround. I was curious if anyone had seen this, and also wanted to post this in case anyone runs into it and comes searching for workarounds.
VideoGrabber and genesplitter like this.

Hardware and System engineer. Enjoy theaters, automation, media and the outdoors.
Love the hobby, but always have to remember to keep family first!
"The Escape Pod" - First Theater Build
post #3104 of 3530 Old 01-05-2017, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Video Drop Outs. I experience random video drop outs when watching cable tv. Video will go to black for about 1 sec, then return. Audio sometimes drops out, sometimes not- but there is a brief hiccup. Problem is random. Several times in an hour, then nothing for several hours or days. From looking at the thread history it seems that others have experienced the same problem, but no consensus cause or cure....

My setup is Comcast cable --> Comcast/Xfinity box--> HDMI to SR7009 --> HDMI to Samsung LCD The receiver is set up to manage all video sources.

TV is about 1yr old. Receiver is about 2yrs old, purchased as a factory refurbished unit from Parts for Less.

I have isolated the problem to either the cable box or the receiver by going through tv menu and tools functions while the TV is receiving a cable TV signal. Signal dropouts occurred (could hear the hiccup in audio) but TV menu etc images remained on screen. I had a "no signal" message on the screen when the HDMI output was disconnected from the receiver. No video dropouts. No dropouts using my Roku, which is also connected through the receiver.

HDMI to the TV goes through the wall so the cable would be difficult to replace. I have reseated the HDMI cables at the TV, the cable box and the receiver.

I disconnected power from the receiver and waited a few min before plugging it back in. I held down the power button for about 1min before turning the receiver on. I have disconnected power from the cable box and rebooted.

What else can I do in the receiver to determine if it is the receiver or the cable box ?
post #3105 of 3530 Old 01-05-2017, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rl1856 View Post
Video Drop Outs. I experience random video drop outs when watching cable tv. Video will go to black for about 1 sec, then return. Audio sometimes drops out, sometimes not- but there is a brief hiccup. Problem is random. Several times in an hour, then nothing for several hours or days. From looking at the thread history it seems that others have experienced the same problem, but no consensus cause or cure....

My setup is Comcast cable --> Comcast/Xfinity box--> HDMI to SR7009 --> HDMI to Samsung LCD The receiver is set up to manage all video sources.

TV is about 1yr old. Receiver is about 2yrs old, purchased as a factory refurbished unit from Parts for Less.

I have isolated the problem to either the cable box or the receiver by going through tv menu and tools functions while the TV is receiving a cable TV signal. Signal dropouts occurred (could hear the hiccup in audio) but TV menu etc images remained on screen. I had a "no signal" message on the screen when the HDMI output was disconnected from the receiver. No video dropouts. No dropouts using my Roku, which is also connected through the receiver.

HDMI to the TV goes through the wall so the cable would be difficult to replace. I have reseated the HDMI cables at the TV, the cable box and the receiver.

I disconnected power from the receiver and waited a few min before plugging it back in. I held down the power button for about 1min before turning the receiver on. I have disconnected power from the cable box and rebooted.

What else can I do in the receiver to determine if it is the receiver or the cable box ?
For one thing, make sure your HDMI cables (both player to receiver and receiver to TV) are fully plugged in at both ends. Unplug and plug them again (with power off, of course). Press them in firmly until you can feel that they're seated.

I recently replaced a Blu-ray player and the replacement had random dropouts. It turned out that the cable end at the receiver wasn't quite in all the way.

Selden

post #3106 of 3530 Old 01-07-2017, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
For one thing, make sure your HDMI cables (both player to receiver and receiver to TV) are fully plugged in at both ends. Unplug and plug them again (with power off, of course). Press them in firmly until you can feel that they're seated.
I unseated and reseated all HDMI cables as part of troubleshooting process.

What else should I check ?

Thank you.
post #3107 of 3530 Old 01-07-2017, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 1057 Post(s)
Liked: 547
Your HDMI cables are most likely the weakest link, not necessarily defective just slightly out of spec. I have a very old 50' cable from my 7009 to my projector and occasionally get a drop out that never happened with my old Denon 1912. There is a setting in a hidden menu in my projector to adjust for HDMI cable length that helped and lessoned the drop outs. A active cable or HDMI booster amps my be what you need.

"Smart enough to know better, to old to care" ------ Dedicated Bat Cave Home Theater, JVC RS49U/Mitsubishi HC7900DW Projector, 110" 16:9 Jamestown screen with variable power masking for CIW 2.50:1 to 16:9, Marantz 7009 with 7.1.4 Atmos with Ohm mains,3 DIY Subs (2 15" (1 ported, 1 sealed and a 12" 4th order bandpass), 1 DIY butt kicker, Custom Built HTPC, 18TB DroboFS NAS
post #3108 of 3530 Old 01-11-2017, 04:18 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Dolby Atmos Setup

Hi,

Currently I've got an SR7009 and an Emotiva XPA-5 channel amp in my system.

I am running a 7.2.2 (single back surround) setup, and have two more speakers to add to the ceiling now. My challenge is, I want to keep the LCR connected to the external amp, but the ATMOS setup in the 7009 doesn't give me that option.

As a workaround, I have this setup:

Assign Mode: 11.1ch
-Height Speakers 4 Height Speakers
-Height Layout: Front Height and Rear Height
- Wide/Height 2: Rear Height
- Pre-out Front & Front Wide

I have no Front Wide, so I disable that in the speaker settings.

Questions: Will this setup properly decode ATMOS content, or have I confused the system?

Is there a better way to connect an external amp for ATMOS and still run LCR with the higher power?

Thanks!

Host of The Beginner Audiophile Podcast http://beginneraudiophile.com - @beginneraudiophile on IG
This Week: Paradigm Prestige 85F mains | Paradigm Prestige 45c center | Paradigm Monitor 3 surrounds | Marantz SR7009 | Emotiva XPA-5 | Marantz 5005 Blu-Ray | Apple TV 4 | REGA DAC.
post #3109 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 12:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emptyo View Post
Hi,

Currently I've got an SR7009 and an Emotiva XPA-5 channel amp in my system.

I am running a 7.2.2 (single back surround) setup, and have two more speakers to add to the ceiling now. My challenge is, I want to keep the LCR connected to the external amp, but the ATMOS setup in the 7009 doesn't give me that option.

As a workaround, I have this setup:

Assign Mode: 11.1ch
-Height Speakers 4 Height Speakers
-Height Layout: Front Height and Rear Height
- Wide/Height 2: Rear Height
- Pre-out: Front & Front Wide

I have no Front Wide, so I disable that in the speaker settings.

Questions: Will this setup properly decode ATMOS content, or have I confused the system?

Is there a better way to connect an external amp for ATMOS and still run LCR with the higher power?

Thanks!
Yes, that is the correct AMP ASSIGN setting.
post #3110 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 12:20 PM

Liked: 12
Hi, I'm a new Marantz SR7009 user. I have it set up as 5.0 with 2 atmos speakers. Most of the content I watch is 5.1 audio but I was under the impression that the receiver would still use the atmos speakers. Is this true? If it's true, should I expect to see the "H" icon on the front screen when this is happening? Currently I'm only seeing the 5 speakers.
post #3111 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craiggerz View Post
Hi, I'm a new Marantz SR7009 user. I have it set up as 5.0 with 2 atmos speakers. Most of the content I watch is 5.1 audio but I was under the impression that the receiver would still use the atmos speakers. Is this true? If it's true, should I expect to see the "H" icon on the front screen when this is happening? Currently I'm only seeing the 5 speakers.
If the receiver is configured correctly for the speakers that you have, when you play a movie with a 5.1 soundtrack, if you want the overhead speakers to be used, then you have to select the Dolby Surround upmixer. To do this, you must be actually listening to the soundtrack. While it's playing, press on the Movie button on the remote several times until the option with "+Surround" is outlined in the on-screen display. Then press the Enter button. After that, whenever you play a movie which has a 5.1 soundtrack, the Dolby Surround upmixer will be selected automatically and you'll hear sounds coming out of your overhead speakers.

However, it's very easy to make a mistake when configuring the speakers.

If you bought a refurbished or used model, then the first thing you need to do is a half-dozen or so microprocesor resets, one right after the other. This is to make absolutely certain that all of the settings made by the previous owner have been erased. How to do a reset is described on page 311 of the owner's manual which can be downloaded from http://manuals.marantz.com/sr7009/na/en/

Then select the Setup Assistant and choose the option for 11 speakers. It'll help you configure the ones that you have and will disable the ones that you don't have. (You can select one of the other speaker configurations, but then you need to select one which almost exactly matches your actual speaker configuration.)

Selden

post #3112 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
If the receiver is configured correctly for the speakers that you have, when you play a movie with a 5.1 soundtrack, if you want the overhead speakers to be used, then you have to select the Dolby Surround upmixer. To do this, you must be actually listening to the soundtrack. While it's playing, press on the Movie button on the remote several times until the option with "+Surround" is outlined in the on-screen display. Then press the Enter button. After that, whenever you play a movie which has a 5.1 soundtrack, the Dolby Surround upmixer will be selected automatically and you'll hear sounds coming out of your overhead speakers.

However, it's very easy to make a mistake when configuring the speakers.

If you bought a refurbished or used model, then the first thing you need to do is a half-dozen or so microprocesor resets, one right after the other. This is to make absolutely certain that all of the settings made by the previous owner have been erased. How to do a reset is described on page 311 of the owner's manual which can be downloaded from http://manuals.marantz.com/sr7009/na/en/

Then select the Setup Assistant and choose the option for 11 speakers. It'll help you configure the ones that you have and will disable the ones that you don't have. (You can select one of the other speaker configurations, but then you need to select one which almost exactly matches your actual speaker configuration.)
Thank you, that's very helpful.

You've now made me very unsure if I configured the speakers correctly. I believe I selected the 7 or 8 speaker set up but it seemed to work for me. One thing I wasn't sure of was what placement my "height" speakers were, I ended up choosing middle as a best guess... so maybe I will confirm now that I have them configured properly. My heights and surrounds are in ceiling, I've attached an image to help describe.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	1891505  
post #3113 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:

You've now made me very unsure if I configured the speakers correctly. I believe I selected the 7 or 8 speaker set up but it seemed to work for me. One thing I wasn't sure of was what placement my "height" speakers were, I ended up choosing middle as a best guess... so maybe I will confirm now that I have them configured properly. My heights and surrounds are in ceiling, I've attached an image to help describe.
Since you have only the one pair of overheads and they're not very far from the seating, then designating them as Top Middle is quite reasonable. If you eventually add overhead speakers which are behind the seating, then it'd be appropriate to change them to be Top Front and Top Rear.

Selden

post #3114 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Since you have only the one pair of overheads and they're not very far from the seating, then designating them as Top Middle is quite reasonable. If you eventually add overhead speakers which are behind the seating, then it'd be appropriate to change them to be Top Front and Top Rear.
Actually both pairs of the speakers are overhead. The surrounds are also in ceiling. Should I change the surrounds to be top rear?
post #3115 of 3530 Old 01-12-2017, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Actually both pairs of the speakers are overhead. The surrounds are also in ceiling. Should I change the surrounds to be top rear?
Since the introduction of "immersive audio," it's now generally recommended that surround speakers be at or near ear level so that you can experience the best possible separation between ear-level sounds and overhead sounds.

If adding ear-level surrounds isn't an option, then I'd suggest leaving their designations as they are. On the other hand, if you don't mind re-running the Audyssey calibration a few times (you have to do it each time you change speaker placement), you might experiment with changing them.

Selden

post #3116 of 3530 Old 01-14-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:

Using the factory default setting of AMP ASSIGN = 7.1 + Zone 2 should work just fine.

Quote:
It is impossible to configure 2 pairs of height speakers with no floor surround speakers, therefore, what is suggested is setting your first set of in-ceiling speakers as "Top Front" and the set behind your couch as "Surround."
post #3117 of 3530 Old 01-16-2017, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Using the factory default setting of AMP ASSIGN = 7.1 + Zone 2 should work just fine.

It is impossible to configure 2 pairs of height speakers with no floor surround speakers, therefore, what is suggested is setting your first set of in-ceiling speakers as "Top Front" and the set behind your couch as "Surround."
Thanks, probably saved me a few hours trying to get that set up.
post #3118 of 3530 Old 01-30-2017, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello everyone,

I wonder if anyone could help.

I want to connect my new Oppo BDP U203 in a specific way with my SR7009 but meets only issues :

1) Connect Oppo to Marantz with secondary HDMI only (HDMI 2 output from OPPO)
2) Connect the video with HDMI active cable from Oppo to my beamer JVC X-7000 (using EDID)

Now, either I have picture but no sound or I have sound but no pictures.

I have tried every single possibilities with wires, on my beamer and cannot find the clue.

I wonder if there is anything I should do in the Marantz. I went thru all different menus but cannot guess if at last
I should do something or not with the Marantz.

The purpose of this is that the SR 7009 does not support the UHD/HDR....

Thank a lot if you have any way to help.

Best
post #3119 of 3530 Old 01-30-2017, 05:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 169
So you're trying to have the Marantz play the audio and the JVC show the picture. Should be pretty straightforward.

1) Oppo to Marantz (HDMI Input BluRay just for fun). Set your Marantz to BluRay input and you should hear sound from the speakers.
2) Oppo to JVC (Say HDMI input 2, since your Marantz is probably hooked up to the JVC HDMI input 1). Set the JVC to HDMI 2 and you should see the picture.

I did a similar thing when I bought a Epson projector that was 3D but my then Onkyo AVR did not, so I used an Oppo 103 to split the signal up. Oppo straight to the Epson for picture, and Oppo to the AVR for sound. Just make sure the Oppo is setup correctly to send audio over the secondary HDMI output.
post #3120 of 3530 Old 01-30-2017, 07:35 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
So you're trying to have the Marantz play the audio and the JVC show the picture. Should be pretty straightforward.

1) Oppo to Marantz (HDMI Input BluRay just for fun). Set your Marantz to BluRay input and you should hear sound from the speakers.
2) Oppo to JVC (Say HDMI input 2, since your Marantz is probably hooked up to the JVC HDMI input 1). Set the JVC to HDMI 2 and you should see the picture.

I did a similar thing when I bought a Epson projector that was 3D but my then Onkyo AVR did not, so I used an Oppo 103 to split the signal up. Oppo straight to the Epson for picture, and Oppo to the AVR for sound. Just make sure the Oppo is setup correctly to send audio over the secondary HDMI output.

Dear Rprice54,

thank you very much for taking time. I will test this later but I am pretty sure I have tried this way too. You know, JVC EDID is messy, I see no logic the way they treat the inputs in the beamer. But, I was thinking maybe I should set some parameters on the Marantz, but seems no, just switching to Blu Ray position.

I'll let you know!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
media mode , second sub , SR7009 , svs 20-39 , usb dac

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page