Official Pioneer VSX-80 Owners Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #151 of 162 Old 03-24-2016, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 588 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkphoto View Post
So I have decided to just return the broken vsx80 to best buy and get my money back. I found an open box vsx90 online and bought it for $363.21 delivered. Thanks for suggesting the upgrade nohcho, I would've been disappointed I think once I get the new 4k tv...
No problem, glad i could help. Enjoy your vsx90.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 162 Old 03-25-2016, 10:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Input Auto Switching

Hey guys,

This was similarly mentioned in an earlier post, but it's not quite the same. When I first turn on the receiver, after about 15-20 seconds the receiver will magically switch to the TV Input. Say I was watching satellite the day before. I come back the next day, it turns on and starts at satellite, then will just switch to TV. Not a huge problem cause it's just a touch of a button to get it to the correct input after, but lordy is it frustrating. Any experience this at all?

Thanks!

Set-up 1: Samsung UN65H7150AFXZA; Def Tech Pro Cinema 600 5.1; Pioneer VSX-80
post #153 of 162 Old 04-08-2016, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Very frustrated right now

My kids hit something on the remote. Now every thing is downgrading audio. To 5.1 from 7.1 input.

Yes I have 7.1 speaker setup. Was working before, not now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 162 Old 04-20-2016, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Multiple Inputs

Hey guys,

I am having trouble trying to get the device to play video from an HDMI source and audio from another source at the same time.

Essentially I would like to put a game on the tv and listen to music at the same time. I have read the manual and played around with it, but I have yet to figure it out.

Simply put, I would like to output video from HDMI 1 and then audio from my CD source. Has anybody had any luck with this sort of thing?
post #155 of 162 Old 04-20-2016, 10:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi1891 View Post
I am having trouble trying to get the device to play video from an HDMI source and audio from another source at the same time.

Essentially I would like to put a game on the tv and listen to music at the same time. I have read the manual and played around with it, but I have yet to figure it out.

Simply put, I would like to output video from HDMI 1 and then audio from my CD source. Has anybody had any luck with this sort of thing?

Hi rossi1891, assign your HDMI video and CD player audio to the same input name (DVD input). On the remote press "Receiver" and then press "Audio Parameter" button. Scroll down to Signal Select (SIGSEL) and to cycle to Digital or Analog (depend on where cd player is connected, optical or coaxial or analog audio in).
post #156 of 162 Old 06-23-2016, 04:31 PM

HDMI Sync Problems - Advice?

Recently I started having sync problems (screen goes black) when the video signal switches from 1080i to 720p. (Everything had worked perfectly for months).

I have a TiVo HDMI into my VSX-80 and HDMI output to a Vizio P602uiB. When just watching at normal speed everything works fine. However, when I fast forward/backward the TiVo I get a black screen when the signal switches from 1080i to 720p (usually commercials). I've also seen this happen when I switch channels on the TiVo.

The problem can be rectified by switching the VSX-80 input selector from Sat/Cbl to something else and back to Sat/Cbl. Sometimes after a bit things sync up on their own.

What I've done so far:
1) Unplugged/replugged the Vizio and the VSX-80
2) replaced the HDMI high speed cables
3) used different HDMI inputs on the Vizio
4) used different HDMI outputs on the VSX-80

The problem still exists. Any advice?

FWIW - I've tried emails to Pioneer (they don't respond) and phone calls to support (after 45 minutes on hold I give up). Just wrote a letter to their CEO to see if he can help.

TIA
post #157 of 162 Old 06-30-2016, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toooldtoknowbetter View Post
Recently I started having sync problems (screen goes black) when the video signal switches from 1080i to 720p. (Everything had worked perfectly for months).

I have a TiVo HDMI into my VSX-80 and HDMI output to a Vizio P602uiB. When just watching at normal speed everything works fine. However, when I fast forward/backward the TiVo I get a black screen when the signal switches from 1080i to 720p (usually commercials). I've also seen this happen when I switch channels on the TiVo.

The problem can be rectified by switching the VSX-80 input selector from Sat/Cbl to something else and back to Sat/Cbl. Sometimes after a bit things sync up on their own.

What I've done so far:
1) Unplugged/replugged the Vizio and the VSX-80
2) replaced the HDMI high speed cables
3) used different HDMI inputs on the Vizio
4) used different HDMI outputs on the VSX-80

The problem still exists. Any advice?

FWIW - I've tried emails to Pioneer (they don't respond) and phone calls to support (after 45 minutes on hold I give up). Just wrote a letter to their CEO to see if he can help.

TIA
NOTE: The problem was NOT with the Pioneer receiver!

I ran the HDMI straight from my TiVo to the Vizio TV (bypassed the Pioneer receiver). Problem still exists.

It's either the TV or the TiVo
post #158 of 162 Old 10-01-2018, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Has anyone used the second HDMI out? It's labelled HDZONE. I'm trying to use to switch from my tv to my projector in the same room, but can't seem to make the output switch to the second HDMI.
post #159 of 162 Old 11-16-2018, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I have an Elite VSX-80. Can someone tell me if there is a function on this receiver on this that corresponds to what used to be called a "loudness" control which will emphasize low and high frequencies when listening at low volume?
post #160 of 162 Old 10-25-2019, 05:48 PM

Hi,
I'm new to the forum.
I am looking for a list of remote codes to use with a PVR, not listed in the users manual.
Does ant one have a listing of possible PVR codes?
I tried to copy paste from manual into a spread sheet, to sort. The Owners manual is password protected, and will not allow copy function.\

Thanks for any suggestions
D
post #161 of 162 Old 05-23-2020, 06:52 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJB2nd View Post
Hi,
I'm new to the forum.
I am looking for a list of remote codes to use with a PVR, not listed in the users manual.
Does ant one have a listing of possible PVR codes?
I tried to copy paste from manual into a spread sheet, to sort. The Owners manual is password protected, and will not allow copy function.\

Thanks for any suggestions
D
Bet bet might be to download Harmony software. What are you trying to do?
post #162 of 162 Old 05-23-2020, 06:54 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddvl33 View Post
Hey guys,

This was similarly mentioned in an earlier post, but it's not quite the same. When I first turn on the receiver, after about 15-20 seconds the receiver will magically switch to the TV Input. Say I was watching satellite the day before. I come back the next day, it turns on and starts at satellite, then will just switch to TV. Not a huge problem cause it's just a touch of a button to get it to the correct input after, but lordy is it frustrating. Any experience this at all?

Thanks!
There is a setting in there to remember the last input...You just need to turn that off.
Going into the full system setup menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page