The official Dolby Atmos thread (home theater version) - Page 1618 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 26380Likes

post #48511 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 03:07 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbarnes701 View Post
Haha. Many thanks for the kind remarks BTW. TBH, the room looks better in real life than in those photos. The photos were kindly taken for me by one of the members of AV Forums here in the UK who came along for a demo and they do give a feel for what it is like to be in there. One of my major concerns was to get as good an Atmos result as I could, within the confines of 7.x.4 (which I personally think is more than enough for a room of that size).
Just curious. But is there a particular reason for keeping the picture framed so low.? Wouldn't a slightly higher picture be better?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48512 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 03:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsteve View Post
I was surprised that the Netflix rental of "Darkest Hour"actually included the Dolby Atmos soundtrack. It isn't a real active soundtrack but it was nice that they provided it. I've had many rentals in the past where they replaced the original soundtrack with a dumb-downed version.

The same can be said for Redbox rentals. I’ve been pleasantly surprised with multiple Dolby Atmos tracks from recent, plain old Blu-ray releases.

Home Theater Setup
SONY 75X900F & 49X900E, BenQ W1080ST, Denon X5200 & Emotiva XPA-3
AudioSource 100VS, OPPO 103 & Samsung K8500, 9.1.4 Setup - Speakers - Studio 60's,
V.2 (FL/FR), CC-690 (C), V.5, ADP 590 V.5 (SS), MilleniaOne 2.0 (BS) - Velodyne 810 Sub,
Cornered Audio (FH/RH), Definitive Technology (Front Wides)
post #48513 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 127 Post(s)
Quoted: 7742 Post(s)
Liked: 7044
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
Just curious. But is there a particular reason for keeping the picture framed so low.? Wouldn't a slightly higher picture be better?
Good question and observation Sanjay. The center of the screen is at exactly the same height as my eyes, when seated. I find that this gives the least fatiguing result since the eyes tend to rest just slightly below the horizontal. If the eye is required to look up then muscles are involved in holding that position which eventually becomes tiring to the eye.

While the screen is set, therefore, quite low, I think that it is exaggerated by the photographs and also by the fact that it is a 2.39:1 CIH screen. If it was a regular 16:9 screen the bottom would still be where it is now, but it would appear more 'normal' I think. With the screen center at eye height, it is exceptionally immersive and involving and several guests (from the UK forum) have commented that they were surprised by the screen position but, on experiencing it, would want their own screens in a similar place if possible. I find that the outstanding visual immersion beautifully complements the terrific audio immersion gained from the 7.1 and Atmos speaker layout.

When you get over to the UK and come and visit us, I am sure you will agree
Sanjay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #48514 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 05:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by VideoGrabber View Post
This is an interesting observation, that I have not heard before. Where on the side walls did you move your FH's?

And did you re-aim them at the MLP (rather than straight out)?
Originally, i had them up high on the front wall near the ceiling. I did get some hight effect. But after reading other post and seeing it mentioned to try them also high on the side walls. I am using my Klipsch elevation speakers. They are angled down towards my MLP.

65' Sony 930E
Klipsch R-26F, Klipsch R-15M, Klipsch R-14SA, Klipsch RC-62 II CENTER SPEAKER, Klipsch R-10SWI WIRELESS SUBWOOFER, Martin Logan Motion 2.
Sony UBP-X800 ,Denon 4300H, Xbox One,Amazon Fire Stick
post #48515 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 06:16 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Quote:
Good question and observation Sanjay. The center of the screen is at exactly the same height as my eyes, when seated. I find that this gives the least fatiguing result since the eyes tend to rest just slightly below the horizontal. If the eye is required to look up then muscles are involved in holding that position which eventually becomes tiring to the eye.

While the screen is set, therefore, quite low, I think that it is exaggerated by the photographs and also by the fact that it is a 2.39:1 CIH screen. If it was a regular 16:9 screen the bottom would still be where it is now, but it would appear more 'normal' I think. With the screen center at eye height, it is exceptionally immersive and involving and several guests (from the UK forum) have commented that they were surprised by the screen position but, on experiencing it, would want their own screens in a similar place if possible. I find that the outstanding visual immersion beautifully complements the terrific audio immersion gained from the 7.1 and Atmos speaker layout.

When you get over to the UK and come and visit us, I am sure you will agree
I think I get what you mean. Just that one would think, with a recliner, the position of the head/eyes is automatically tilted slightly upwards. In any case, your theater and the picture look stunning. I'm sure you never tire of watching movies.
post #48516 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 06:27 AM

Quote:
I think I get what you mean. Just that one would think, with a recliner, the position of the head/eyes is automatically tilted slightly upwards. In any case, your theater and the picture look stunning. I'm sure you never tire of watching movies.
I don't have recliners. I prefer 'proper' cinema seats Part of the reason for that is what you say - if the eyes have to incline upwards when using the recliner it can cause eye fatigue.

I think in many ways this is similar to the endless discussions about the 'correct' place to put Atmos speakers. We know there is actually a lot of latitude with this and it can be a matter of personal preference, or practicality or all sorts of other reasons. Same with screen position and size I think. I prefer to sit with my eye level on the horizontal center of the screen at at the same distance from the screen as the latter is wide. In my case I sit 11.5 feet from a screen which is 11.5 feet wide (2.39:1 format). A lot of people, including my installers, say this is too close, or not close enough or whatever. But as is evidenced by the way people choose their seats in an empty cinema, they all have different preferences. You and I, of course, know for a fact that the ONLY place to sit is the center of the row opposite the side speaker array where there is no toe-in on the side speaker

Thanks for the compliment on the HT - you are right, I never tire of watching movies in there. It is a truly wonderful experience for someone like me who just loves movies. My very own cinema, without having to leave the house! It's all thanks to you and many others here on AVS who opened my eyes to what is possible and who guided me all the way. Guys like you, batpig, Roger, FilmMixer, AustinJerry, and many many more - you know who you are! Thanks to you all.
Sanjay, gene4ht and F-n-T like this.
post #48517 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 06:31 AM

I should give a shoutout to Markus767 on that list too. Although he and I fell out irrevocably years ago, I have learned so much from his posts here on AVS and he deserves some credit.
gwsat likes this.
post #48518 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 95 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am looking for suggestion, In my basement I have currently 110"Inch fixed frame screen on the wall,Top of the screen from ceiling 15" inches below And bottom of the screen 4 feet from floor, Both sides 9'' inches gap from side walls. I am planing upgrade to 120" inches screen, But 120" inches screen top edge touches ceiling, So that my bottom part would be same 4 feet height, So that my screen will be above the floor tower speakers. And sides gap reduces from 9" inches to 4" inches and we have white colored ceiling and 8 feet height from floor. My question is if screen top edge touches to ceiling any reflection issues and any other issues ? If some one walking top floor screen may get vibrations and etc. Please suggest me if you have any idea! Thanks in Advance.

Last edited by gakbw; 03-06-2018 at 06:47 AM.
post #48519 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakbw View Post
Quote:
I think I get what you mean. Just that one would think, with a recliner, the position of the head/eyes is automatically tilted slightly upwards. In any case, your theater and the picture look stunning. I'm sure you never tire of watching movies.[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Hi Guys,

I am looking for suggestion, In my basement I have currently 110"Inch fixed frame screen on the wall,Top of the screen from ceiling 15" inches below And bottom of the screen 4 feet from floor, Both sides 9'' inches gap from side walls. I am planing upgrade to 120" inches screen, But 120" inches screen top edge touches ceiling, So that my bottom part would be same 4 feet height, So that my screen will be above the floor tower speakers. And sides gap reduces from 9" inches to 4" inches and we have white colored ceiling and 8 feet height from floor. My question is if screen top edge touches to ceiling any reflection issues and any other issues ? If some one walking top floor screen may get vibrations and etc. Please suggest me if you have any idea! Thanks in Advance.
Not that I am the forum police, but that question has nothing to do with receivers/Atmos. I'm sure you can find the right Forum to post that question. [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

-T

Last edited by T-Bone; 03-06-2018 at 07:26 AM.
post #48520 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 08:16 AM

LOL. I have been conflating Sanjay with Sanjay (sdurani). No harm done of course but I should pay closer attention. In my defence, I have known Sanjay for many years but only recently met Sanjay. So now I have two buddies called Sanjay!
Sanjay, sdrucker and jjackkrash like this.
post #48521 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 08:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Saving Private Ryan (20th anniversary edition) announced for 4K UHD release on May 8th with Dolby Vision HDR and a Dolby Atmos remix.
Will this be a 4K lift from the celuloid, or an upmix from a 2K source? Please excuse my ignorance in this matter, but how does one remix with Atmos? Do the original sound masters have overhead data?

JVC RS600 Chad-callibrated, 120" 1.3g in Batcave HT, Denon X8500 Polk LSiM703 fronts,
RTi-12 rears, LSiM 706 center, Monitor 40 Heights, Monitor 60 FW, FXiA4 Bi-pole sides,
LSiC CH, Infinity 6" VOG. 4X 12" subs w/mini DSP on sub 1 and nearfield 18" from sub 2.
post #48522 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackkrash View Post
I can't believe its been 20 years. Wow. I'm totally stoked to see this flick in Atmos and HDR, but feel a bit miffed I'm getting so old.
Time does seem to fly. And getting old miffs me too.

But it does beat the alternative.
jjackkrash and F-n-T like this.
post #48523 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
Will this be a 4K lift from the celuloid, or an upmix from a 2K source?
That depends on what camera was used for the photography. Also, in some cases visual effects are still being done at only 2K.

Quote:
Please excuse my ignorance in this matter, but how does one remix with Atmos? Do the original sound masters have overhead data?
The original sound masters include a separate track for each and every sound effect. In consultation with the director, the person doing the mix has to decide where in the audio environment each sound should be. Some sounds are naturally better coming from overhead. Birds and helicopters are a couple of obvious ones.
Ted99 likes this.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #48524 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 09:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by relish View Post
Originally, i had them up high on the front wall near the ceiling. I did get some hight effect. But after reading other post and seeing it mentioned to try them also high on the side walls. I am using my Klipsch elevation speakers. They are angled down towards my MLP.
Thanks. When I asked, "Where on the side walls did you move your FH's?", I was imprecise. I meant horizontally, not vertically. I.e., how far out from the front wall did they slide over onto the side walls?
post #48525 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 09:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My other gripe with some of his movies is the aspect ratio changing. Those of us with fixed CIH screens have a real dilemma with movies that do that. Do we watch in 1.85:1 and get the widescreen sections really small, or do we watch in 2.39:1 and have the 1.85 sections bleed off the screen? Neither is satisfactory.
I think almost everyone with a CIH screen has chosen the later. Even if it negatively affects 'director's intent' (and some would claim it doesn't).

Quote:
It was even more irritating with Dunkirk because they produced a regular 2.39 version for theaters that couldn't project the IMAX/2.39 mix, which they could have released on disc for HT use, but they decided we'd have the 'theatrical' version even though Blu-ray will clearly only be used in a HT! They could have given us the choice, using seamless branching, as they do with Director's Cut versions etc.
I am wondering though if that would have been anything different than just cropping the mixed version? I mean, we're not talking about anamorphically encoded DVDs any more.
post #48526 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I don't have recliners. I prefer 'proper' cinema seats Part of the reason for that is what you say - if the eyes have to incline upwards when using the recliner it can cause eye fatigue.
But if someone reclines, their eyes then move up. So then they'd have to look down, right? (Which doesn't apply to you, since you don't have recliners.)

I did wonder if you have the seats bolted to steel plates, or if there's any tendency for them to tip over. I suspect that's one reason why some of us go with recliners rather than stadium seating... the need to attach them to the floor (which you have solved neatly).

Quote:
I think in many ways this is similar to the endless discussions about the 'correct' place to put Atmos speakers. We know there is actually a lot of latitude with this...
I don't know about latitude, but with that size screen, you've certainly got plenty of longitude!
post #48527 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 516 Post(s)
Liked: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by dchabby View Post
I have a standard size 3 seat couch that I plan on using in the room so would that suggest going with a longer side wall ?
In that case, both options can work IMO. With longer side walls, you could move the couch a bit more forward so that the Rear Surrounds are closer to their +/- 135° optimal position (though 105° is fine with Front Surrounds in the +/- 75° position, try to have not less than 30° between these)

Building a 9.1.6 HT: DIYSG Titan LX [LCR] • Cinema 10 Max [Surrounds] • Volt 10 altered and added passive radiators [Tops] • LLT 550 liter Mal-x 18" subs [2] • XPR-5 • Marantz MM8003 [2] • NU6000 • XMC-1 [RMC-1 with Dirac Unison wanted] • PT AT6000E • 130" Seymour Center XD • Oppo 103EU
post #48528 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 11:55 AM

Quote:
I think almost everyone with a CIH screen has chosen the later. Even if it negatively affects 'director's intent' (and some would claim it doesn't).

I am wondering though if that would have been anything different than just cropping the mixed version? I mean, we're not talking about anamorphically encoded DVDs any more.
Yes, this is a good point. When they shoot the movies I have noticed that the cameras show the entire frame, with 'cropping marks' to show what is inside a 2.39:1 screen format and what is outside it in a 1.85:1 format. For some IMAX movies I am sure the director shoots the full frame and then just crops it for the 2.39 version, which of course is something we can do ourselves at home. We then still have the 'director's intent' for that version of the movie. Nolan must have done this for the 2.39:1 version he made for theaters which couldn't cater for anything else.

But some movies, I think, will suffer if we crop them ourselves. Guillermo del Toro said, IIRC, that he made Pacific Rim specifically in 1.85:1 because he felt that the subject matter (Godzilla!) needed the screen height more than the screen width. If I have recalled this correctly then if we cropped it at home to fit a CIH 2.39:1 screen, we would be cropping off the top of Godzilla's head in many of the scenes.

Incidentally, if you have a PJ with a blanking feature, using that to blank off the top and bottom of the image and then screening it with the PJ set for 2.39:1 movies, gives you a widescreen version with nothing bleeding off the top and bottom. Sacrilege? Possibly, but just sayin'.....

Sorry for the OT guys.
post #48529 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
But if someone reclines, their eyes then move up. So then they'd have to look down, right? (Which doesn't apply to you, since you don't have recliners.)

I did wonder if you have the seats bolted to steel plates, or if there's any tendency for them to tip over. I suspect that's one reason why some of us go with recliners rather than stadium seating... the need to attach them to the floor (which you have solved neatly).
Yes my seats are designed to be bolted down, like regular cinema seats. In fact that is what they are - the sort you find in high-end preview theaters and screening rooms. They do 'rock' a little for added comfort and wriggleability.

Quote:

I don't know about latitude, but with that size screen, you've certainly got plenty of longitude!
LOL
post #48530 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 03:42 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 7252 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted99 View Post
...how does one remix with Atmos? Do the original sound masters have overhead data?
Modern soundtracks are archived as Pro Tools sessions, with individual elements and instructions on how to mix them into the finished soundtrack. This allows mixers to go back in and move certain sounds to the height layer. Older soundtracks are saved as separate 5.1 dialogue, music and effects stems. While not as flexible as having access to individual elements, mixers are still able to use extraction tools to move sound effects around (without affecting dialogue & music, like upmixing at home would).
Ted99 and kbarnes701 like this.

Sanjay
post #48531 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 7252 Post(s)
Liked: 6292
Quote:
I have been conflating Sanjay with Sanjay (sdurani).
You're not alone. Getting PMs and e-mail asking how I like gear I've never owned.
mrtickleuk likes this.

Sanjay
post #48532 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 04:29 PM

Quote:
You're not alone. Getting PMs and e-mail asking how I like gear I've never owned.
I will be more vigilant in future and be sure not to confuse my Sanjays any more
sdrucker likes this.
post #48533 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 07:19 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi all - I’m currently setting up a new 5.1.2 system in my living room. I’m considering the The RSL c34e but they are directional. Dolby Atmos guidelines have the heights at a much shallower angle for a .2 setup compared to a .4. Are the directional rsl speakers at too steep of an angle for a . 2 setup?
post #48534 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Well...it looks like I'm ready to begin the journey of moving to Atmos.

My theater room is 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings. Ceiling has 6 Can Lights installed.

My current setup is (3) Klipsch LaScalas & (4) Klipsch RSW-15 subs behind a 150" Diagonal Seymour Center Stage XD Screen.

My surrounds are (4) Klipsch RS-62 II Wide Dispersion Speakers

My receiver is an older Onkyo TX-NR5008

So in order to upgrade, I will need to purchase a receiver and possibly a 2ch amp but I mainly am interested in getting help with speaker placement.

I'm looking at buying 4 Klipsch CDT-5650-C II Speakers for my Atmos speakers.

I have been advised that Atmos now recommends your surrounds to be placed close to ear height. If you look at the first photo below, the right side surround is mounted directly in front of a sliding glass door via a custom steel fabricated mount that drops down behind and through the curtain so that the speaker "floats". The bottom of the speaker is 6' high because it is in the direct path as you walk into the room and I didn't want people's face to hit the speaker and getting hurt (ok I didn't want my speakers getting hit with someone's face and damaging the speaker LOL).

I don't think there is any way to lower the surround back speakers due to the entrance door.

Just looking for advice as Atmos is completely new to me.

This is an older photo before upgrading my projector and moving it outside the room but it shows you a better view of the current placement of my surrounds.

Last edited by youthman; 03-06-2018 at 08:16 PM.
post #48535 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 355 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Quote:
Originally Posted by youthman View Post
Well...it looks like I'm ready to begin the journey of moving to Atmos.

My theater room is 13' x 19' with 10' ceilings. Ceiling has 6 Can Lights installed.

My current setup is (3) Klipsch LaScalas & (4) Klipsch RSW-15 subs behind a 150" Diagonal Seymour Center Stage XD Screen.

My surrounds are (4) Klipsch RS-62 II Wide Dispersion Speakers

My receiver is an older Onkyo TX-NR5008

So in order to upgrade, I will need to purchase a receiver and possibly a 2ch amp but I mainly am interested in getting help with speaker placement.

I have been advised that Atmos now recommends your surrounds to be placed close to ear height. If you look at the first photo below, the right side surround is mounted directly in front of a sliding glass door via a custom steel fabricated mount that drops down behind and through the curtain so that the speaker "floats". The bottom of the speaker is 6' high because it is in the direct path as you walk into the room and I didn't want people's face to hit the speaker and getting hurt (ok I didn't want my speakers getting hit with someone's face and damaging the speaker LOL).

I don't think there is any way to lower the surround back speakers due to the entrance door.

This is an older photo before upgrading my projector and moving it outside the room but it shows you a better view of the current placement of my surrounds.

Your fronts look raised too, hopefully someone else has been in this sitation and chimes in. Besides the advice I gave in the Klipsch thread. One option (I know you won't like it) is to ditch the rear surrounds all together. That is 2 less locations to deal with. I have always heard 5.1.4 is better than 7.1.2, so your benfiting some by picking Atmos over rears. I know it's not much help, I'll let the others chime in more on the height issue of the rest of the speakers.

Denon X6200W - Klipsch KLF-10 Fronts - Klipsch KLF-C7 Center - Klipsch KLF-C7 X 2 Surrounds - Klipsch RB-61 II Back surround -OSD ACE850 ceiling x 4 Atmos - Dual HSU VTF-3 MK4 Subs - 4 Dayton Audio BST-1 Bass Shakers with SA230 Amp - BenQ W1070 projector - 106" Antra fixed Screen
post #48536 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 10:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 562
Actually, I'm not opposed to removing the Surround Back speakers. I don't feel I hear the rear surrounds that much anyways. The front speakers are angled down towards the front row and I have considered flipping them upside down so that the horn is in line with my ears.
Soupy1970 likes this.
post #48537 of 56240 Old 03-06-2018, 10:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 1984 Post(s)
Liked: 2681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soupy1970 View Post
I have always heard 5.1.4 is better than 7.1.2, so your benfiting some by picking Atmos over rears. I know it's not much help, I'll let the others chime in more on the height issue of the rest of the speakers.
Quote:
Actually, I'm not opposed to removing the Surround Back speakers. I don't feel I hear the rear surrounds that much anyways. The front speakers are angled down towards the front row and I have considered flipping them upside down so that the horn is in line with my ears.
It's a fact that there is far more activity in the side surrounds.than the rears. And I think most of us can bear witness to it. But since my rears are already installed and I have the capability for 7.2.4, I made a decision to leave the rears in place. Perhaps mixers will begin utilizing the rears more in the future.
Soupy1970 likes this.

Epson: 5040UB | Elite: 115" Fixed Frame CinemaScope (2.35:1) | Onkyo: TX-RZ920 + M-5010 (7.2.4) | Klipsch: RF-7 II's, RC-64 II, RS-62 II, RB-61 II MICCA: M-8C (Atmos) x 6 | SVS: PB16-Ultra x 2 | Philips: BDP7501, Panasonic: DMP UB900, Oppo: UDP-203
post #48538 of 56240 Old 03-07-2018, 06:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked: 506
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback

I do not have Atmos yet, but am planning to do it for my build. Interesting that they say that the surrounds should be lower to hear height. In the AV store a friend of mine works they have the surrounds about the height you have and the rears maybe higher in their dedicated HT. The Atmos speakers in that room are very noticeable and you can hear the separation from them and the side and rear surrounds. Their room is around 12.5'x22'x8'. I am trying to model my room kind of like it.

How high is your ceiling?

I was also looking at the Klipsch CDT-5650-C II Speakers since I have all Klipsch speakers as well.

I like you your home theater. Do the curtains help with acoustics?

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
post #48539 of 56240 Old 03-07-2018, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1998 Post(s)
Liked: 885
Quote:
Saving Private Ryan (20th anniversary edition) announced for 4K UHD release on May 8th with Dolby Vision HDR and a Dolby Atmos remix.
Oh man, YES!
post #48540 of 56240 Old 03-07-2018, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
The bottom of the speaker is 6' high because it is in the direct path as you walk into the room and I didn't want people's face to hit the speaker and getting hurt (ok I didn't want my speakers getting hit with someone's face and damaging the speaker LOL).
Finally!!! A man that has the courage to speak the truth!!! If only Diogenes had lived to see this day!!!

Faces heal; speakers don't; and anyways, chicks dig scars.
gwsat likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page