Originally Posted by unexpectedkAs
I just installed my new x4100w and it suddenly offered me to update the firmware. Now this screen is shown:
Clicking on Üpgrade pagackage justs tells me the name is Auro-3D.
I don't know what is this "Not registered".
And "Upgrade status" says that there is no fueature to add.
What should I do?
Thanks in advance
Each of the three models discussed in this thread is eligible for the Auro 3D upgrade for an additional cost. The following information applies to the USA models. You should be able to obtain purchase information from the Denon website in your region, otherwise, if you prefer not to see this message every time you power on the AVR, follow the Note 1 information below:
Auro 3D/2D + Auro-Matic (simulates audio to height speakers from non-Auro BD/DVD) Upgrade instructions (instructions for USA models only; other region owners should refer to their regions's Denon website)
1. Connect the unit to the internet.
2. Ensure the unit has the latest firmware update installed.
3. Using the GUI, select Upgrade now or go to GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- ADD NEW FEATURE and write down the "Upgrade ID" listed on the display
4. Go to the Upgrade website at http://upgrade.denon.com/na/denon/pages/home.aspx
5. Complete the Auro 3D upgrade Personal form to include personal information, the unit's serial number (listed on back of unit or on original box), and the Upgrade ID obtained in step 3.
6. Enter credit card information - cost is $199 USD
which will also include the Auro 3D Demo disk.
7. Once the card has been processed, the Auro 3D upgrade will be available to download to the unit (estimated download time - 49 minutes)
(1) For those owners not wanting to upgrade to Auro 3D at this time, you will be given the option to set Upgrade Notification to OFF on initial setup or you can go to SETUP -- GENERAL -- FIRMWARE -- NOTIFICATIONS -- UPGRADE and select OFF so you don't get the Upgrade notification each time the unit is powered ON.
(2) A number of 2014 Atmos model owners with the Auro 3D upgrade have noted they prefer the Dolby Surround upmixer (DSU) for movies and Auro-Matic for music.
(3) Additional information on Auro 3D/2D can be found in the Official Auro 3D thread