The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200) - Page 394 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 9247Likes

post #11791 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 05:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 1
follow up from my previous post

i'm having issue saving config but no problem controlling from the web, using 7200wa

i have tried the following
1. soft reset
2. change IP
3. tried on laptop/pc/mobile
4. tried different browser

i have tried saving in the past before without any issue, it was half yr back.

anyone faced this issue before? can enlighten how to solve it?

i have tired "off in standby mode" and also using IE also unable to save config.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11792 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 06:31 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22019 Post(s)
Liked: 11940
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond3r View Post
follow up from my previous post

i'm having issue saving config but no problem controlling from the web, using 7200wa

i have tried the following
1. soft reset
2. change IP
3. tried on laptop/pc/mobile
4. tried different browser

i have tried saving in the past before without any issue, it was half yr back.

anyone faced this issue before? can enlighten how to solve it?

i have tired "off in standby mode" and also using IE also unable to save config.
It would help if you were a bit more specific about your issue. Also, have you tried a "network reset" considering the SAVE requires using the network?
post #11793 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It would help if you were a bit more specific about your issue. Also, have you tried a "network reset" considering the SAVE requires using the network?
when I wanna save my config, it state save is not complete please try again.

I'll try network reset and get back again

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11794 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 06:41 AM

Quote:
when I wanna save my config, it state save is not complete please try again.

I'll try network reset and get back again

I was never able to get IE to do a SAVE that resulted in a successful LOAD on my older models, but Chrome worked every time for both SAVE and LOAD. Have you tried Chrome?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post23775592
post #11795 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I was never able to get IE to do a SAVE that resulted in a successful LOAD on my older models, but Chrome worked every time for both SAVE and LOAD. Have you tried Chrome?

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post23775592
just done network reset and the FD is showing "saving" for the past 15mins, using firefox.
post #11796 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
just done network reset and the FD is showing "saving" for the past 15mins, using firefox.
the avr shut down and did not start back. browser did not prompt me to download the file either.

now I cant connect back to the avr.

post #11797 of 11819 Old 06-06-2019, 07:54 AM

finally, after using chrome, I managed to save and download the config.

for one moment I thought it was having an issue again as it showed "saving" for 1 sec after that the FD when blank.

I let it run for about 10mins, and chrome started to download the config.dat at the 952kb size.

thanks all for your help!!!
post #11798 of 11819 Old 06-16-2019, 09:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
X4100w & hearing aid transmitter

We recently got new hearing aids for my wife that include a bluetooth transmitter to send the audio straight to her hearing aids. It can use a pcm, stereo or mono, optical or 3.5mm connection.

I can make it work by using a hdmi stripper on zone 2, but only by using all zone stereo - which makes the 5.2.4 that I'm running useless. I could use the outputs on my Sony Bravia TV, but Sony, in their infinite wisdom, blocks the optical and headphone jacks if they detect an external AVR. I have called Sony and confirmed this behavior.

Any ideas on how to make my wife happy with hearing aids and not lose Atmos on everything? I must be missing something, so I look to superior minds...
post #11799 of 11819 Old 06-16-2019, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edddd View Post
We recently got new hearing aids for my wife that include a bluetooth transmitter to send the audio straight to her hearing aids. It can use a pcm, stereo or mono, optical or 3.5mm connection.

I can make it work by using a hdmi stripper on zone 2, but only by using all zone stereo - which makes the 5.2.4 that I'm running useless. I could use the outputs on my Sony Bravia TV, but Sony, in their infinite wisdom, blocks the optical and headphone jacks if they detect an external AVR. I have called Sony and confirmed this behavior.

Any ideas on how to make my wife happy with hearing aids and not lose Atmos on everything? I must be missing something, so I look to superior minds...
You will need to find an HDMI adapter that passes through the multi channel HDMI audio+video to the AVR while stripping off the analog audio that can pass to Zone 2 connecting to the same source name analog inputs as is being used for the HDMI input. Using this method there is no need to use ALL ZONE STEREO as a stereo signal is already passing to Zone 2.
post #11800 of 11819 Old 06-16-2019, 05:47 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks JD. I'm not sure why splitting the audio before the AVR is better than Zone 2, but it works (I already had an adapter I was working with). Now I just have to repeat this for each HDMI input. Thank you!
post #11801 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edddd View Post
Thanks JD. I'm not sure why splitting the audio before the AVR is better than Zone 2, but it works (I already had an adapter I was working with). Now I just have to repeat this for each HDMI input. Thank you!
Because unless ALL ZONE STEREO is used, the AVR does not down mix DD/DTS 5.1 to PCM 2.0 which is required to pass to Zone 2.
post #11802 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
Lately I've been on a no Audyssey EQ kick on my Denon X7200WA, because I like my current speakers a bit better without Audyssey, when my previous set of speakers sounded way better with Audyssey.

I like Audyssey Dynamic EQ, but of course that doesn't work without engaging Audyssey. (except on the Onkyo 818 - which had a glitch).

ANYWAY -- I've noticed without Audyssey that I need to really crank the Bass on my Pandora listening (which is typically at -30dB to -38dB in the background as I work from home -- typically in Dolby Surround upmixing). So I crank the bass 4-6dB on the channel level trims under the option button menu. That's not enough. I then crank my amplifier attenuator knobs by a couple/few clicks each. (this on top of the 6-8 clicks I increase after Auto EQ cal) MMM good. Bass is probably 20-25dB hot at this point which works great for music at these low volumes. It's nice and full and not overwhelming... Basically doing what dynamic EQ does + maybe a bit.

BUT - when I watch a bluray movie at -8dB from reference to reference level without changing these settings, of course the subwoofers are just incredibly overpowering, so I find myself backing them back down, both on the attenuator knobs and in the Channel Levels again. I wish the subwoofer levels could be configured per input mode and stick - but that's not possible...is it ?
The channel levels trims in the setup menu and the channel levels under the option button are all identical through the various input sources. Is there another adjustment that is per input mode?

Cliffnotes - I'd like to have a LOT more bass applied to Internet Radio/Pandora, and more neutral levels applied to my Blu-Ray, and CBL/Sat inputs. Is this possible to do this without manual fidgeting with the amps or the remotes all the time?

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric

Last edited by Archaea; 06-17-2019 at 02:55 PM.
post #11803 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Lately I've been on a no Audyssey EQ kick on my Denon X7200WA, because I like my current speakers a bit better without Audyssey, when my previous set of speakers sounded way better with Audyssey.

I like Audyssey Dynamic EQ, but of course that doesn't work without engaging Audyssey. (except on the Onkyo 818 - which had a glitch).

ANYWAY -- I've noticed without Audyssey that I need to really crank the Bass on my Pandora listening (which is typically at -30dB to -38dB in the background as I work from home -- typically in Dolby Surround upmixing). So I crank the bass 4-6dB on the channel level trims under the option button menu. That's not enough. I then crank my amplifier attenuator knobs by a couple/few clicks each. (this on top of the 6-8 clicks I increase after Auto EQ cal) MMM good. Bass is probably 20-25dB hot at this point which works great for music at these low volumes. It's nice and full and not overwhelming... Basically doing what dynamic EQ does + maybe a bit.

BUT - when I watch a bluray movie at -8dB from reference to reference level without changing these settings, of course the subwoofers are just incredibly overpowering, so I find myself backing them back down, both on the attenuator knobs and in the Channel Levels again. I wish the subwoofer levels could be configured per input mode and stick - but that's not possible...is it ?
The channel levels trims in the setup menu and the channel levels under the option button are all identical through the various input sources. Is there another adjustment that is per input mode?

Cliffnotes - I'd like to have a LOT more bass applied to Internet Radio/Pandora, and more neutral levels applied to my Blu-Ray, and CBL/Sat inputs. Is this possible to do this without manual fidgeting with the amps or the remotes all the time?
The OPTION - CHANNEL LEVEL ADJUST settings are stored per input. (p. 145 Owner's manual)
post #11804 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 05:53 PM

Mentioned: 603 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3772 Post(s)
Liked: 3556
The "Official" 2014 Denon Atmos+XT32 Model Thread (X4100/X5200/X7200)

That’s the most common way I make my adjustment over the last two years and unless my unit isn’t working normally those changes in that screen hold over for every input. (Not unique)

Archaea's 9.8.4 Home Theater Room
(13) JBL CBT 70j-1 | Denon x7200wa | Sherbourn PA 7-350 amplifier | (8) Ultimax 18" sealed subwoofers | (4) iNuke DSP 6000 amplifiers | (4) MB Quart 12" subwoofers mounted direct mounted to Berkline theater chairs BOSS style | Epson 5040UB Projector | Jamestown 144" acoustic transparent 2.35:1 screen w/ Seymour XD fabric
post #11805 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 05:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 4667 Post(s)
Liked: 4852
Quote:
That’s the most common way I make my adjustment over the last two years and unless my unit isn’t working normally those changes in that screen hold over for every input. (Not unique)
It's supposed to work by input, the manual states that clearly here: http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX7200WA/...SYqmvyxgdd.php

"You can set this for each input source."

Are you by chance using Quick Select buttons to toggle between inputs? Because if so you'd have to re-memorize the QS memory slot once the change is applied or it will be "overruled" the next time. Of note, the Quick Selects can be useful for exactly this type of stuff because they memorize tons of stuff including volume level, surround mode, channel level adjustments, audyssey settings, etc.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #11806 of 11819 Old 06-17-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Try doing a "soft reset" by powering off the AVR and unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes. If no joy, then do a "microprocessor reset" as noted in post 4.
post #11807 of 11819 Old 06-30-2019, 12:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 834
Having a bit of an issue with my 5200 that I can't seem to noodle through. I'm running it to a Vizio P659-G1 and using ARC so the in-TV apps send sound back to the AVR. I'm running my old Oppo and Uverse box through the 5200... but since the 5200 isn't HDCP 2.2, I'm running a LG UBK90 using one HDMI to the Vizio and HDMI 2 to the 5200.

So far, it's basically a crapshoot whether I will get sound from the LG. I get picture, but when I set the 5200 to the HDMI-in I have assigned for the UHD player, I either get sound... or it just says Stereo and I get no sound. Oddly, if I try to change back to my Cable audio after that, it sometimes stays muted too. Really not sure what's going on here. I got it to work a couple of times... but there's no consistent thing that makes it work. One time it started working was when I changed the Vizio to full UHD color. Another was when I disabled CEC (though that loses me ARC and doesn't seem to work consistently).

Any ideas? I beat my head against this all evening.

"Never believe any quote you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
post #11808 of 11819 Old 06-30-2019, 04:17 AM
wl1
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Anderson View Post

The nature of the CEC (lack of) standard, means HDMI control between different manufacturers devices is often poor, and hard to diagnose.

My advice is to turn CEC OFF and run an Optical Cable to get audio from the TV into the AVR.

I use an Harmony to control the correct selection of AVR/TV inputs, using activities such as "Watch TV Apps" or Watch Movies. Each one can then be configured to do exactly what is required. More consistent, reliable, and everyone in the house can use it.

Ken Kreisel Twin DXD808, Q125 LCR, x4 Q125 TriFX, x4 QFH - for Atmos 7.2.4/Auro 9.2/DTS:X 11.2
Oppo 93 & 203 & Sony VPLHW55ES PJ with Lumagen 2020, 2.35:1 Seymour AT XD screen. Logitech Ultimate One & Hub, SqBox Touch & Philips Hue. Nakamichi AVP1 with Denon X7200WA. With MiniDSP 2x4.
post #11809 of 11819 Old 06-30-2019, 08:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post
The nature of the CEC (lack of) standard, means HDMI control between different manufacturers devices is often poor, and hard to diagnose.

My advice is to turn CEC OFF and run an Optical Cable to get audio from the TV into the AVR.

I use an Harmony to control the correct selection of AVR/TV inputs, using activities such as "Watch TV Apps" or Watch Movies. Each one can then be configured to do exactly what is required. More consistent, reliable, and everyone in the house can use it.
ARC isn't really the problem here, though I get your point. My main problem right now is that I'm not able to get audio from my LG UHD player. HDMI 1 from the LG is run to my Vizio and HDMI 2 is run to the Denon, with the player set up to send audio via HDMI 2. The problem is that the Denon doesn't seem to want to play the audio from that HDMI input unless there's an associated video signal. So if I change the Vizio back over to the AVR's output, I get a black screen... but hear the sound from my UHD player. If I change the Vizio over to my UHD player, I get picture... but the Denon stops playing the audio from the UHD player even though I have not changed inputs on the AVR.

post #11810 of 11819 Old 06-30-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Having a bit of an issue with my 5200 that I can't seem to noodle through. I'm running it to a Vizio P659-G1 and using ARC so the in-TV apps send sound back to the AVR. I'm running my old Oppo and Uverse box through the 5200... but since the 5200 isn't HDCP 2.2, I'm running a LG UBK90 using one HDMI to the Vizio and HDMI 2 to the 5200.

So far, it's basically a crapshoot whether I will get sound from the LG. I get picture, but when I set the 5200 to the HDMI-in I have assigned for the UHD player, I either get sound... or it just says Stereo and I get no sound. Oddly, if I try to change back to my Cable audio after that, it sometimes stays muted too. Really not sure what's going on here. I got it to work a couple of times... but there's no consistent thing that makes it work. One time it started working was when I changed the Vizio to full UHD color. Another was when I disabled CEC (though that loses me ARC and doesn't seem to work consistently).

Try each of the other HDMI inputs on the AVR to see if one works better than the current one.

Also, to mitigate HDMI handshake issues, what often works is to power on the devices in the following sequence: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, UBK90.
post #11811 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Try each of the other HDMI inputs on the AVR to see if one works better than the current one.

Also, to mitigate HDMI handshake issues, what often works is to power on the devices in the following sequence: TV, pause 5 seconds, AVR, pause 5 seconds, UBK90.
Tried using the other inputs on the AVR, no luck. Also tried moving the AVR's output to the lone HDMI 1.4 input on the TV, no luck. Tried powering them on in different orders, no luck.

So far, the only thing that works consistently is physically disconnecting the AVR from the TV when I want to watch something on the UHD player.

post #11812 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Tried using the other inputs on the AVR, no luck. Also tried moving the AVR's output to the lone HDMI 1.4 input on the TV, no luck. Tried powering them on in different orders, no luck.

So far, the only thing that works consistently is physically disconnecting the AVR from the TV when I want to watch something on the UHD player.
The phrase "certified premium cables" comes to mind. Are you using them anywhere/everywhere? (And yeah, I'd take a pass on CEC, I second the suggestion to use optical for tv audio.)
post #11813 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 11:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:

I wonder if you might simply output from your TV Optical-out to the Denon?
post #11814 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
The phrase "certified premium cables" comes to mind. Are you using them anywhere/everywhere? (And yeah, I'd take a pass on CEC, I second the suggestion to use optical for tv audio.)
Yes, all HDMI cables are certified premium. Oddly, ARC is actually working as it is supposed to for me... but the problem remains even if I turn CEC off completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laserfan View Post
I wonder if you might simply output from your TV Optical-out to the Denon?
I could if I thought that was the issue... but as I said, the problem with the UHD player persists even if I disable CEC completely on both the TV and the AVR. You apparently can't disable CEC on the LG UBK90, which makes me wonder if that's what's causing this flakiness. Weirdly, when I pull up the system info on the Vizio, it shows "Audio: " and then occasionally will flicker "Audio: Stereo" and back off again. So it's like the UHD player can't decide whether to send sound out to the TV when HDMI 2 is being used to send audio to the AVR.

I wonder if it would be worth disabling pin 13 on the cable to that LG UBK90 to disable CEC on it.

post #11815 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:

https://lgcommunity.us.com/discussio...blu-ray-player
post #11816 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yeah, saw that... but considering they haven't updated the firmware for it in a long time, I'm not holding my breath on them adding a CEC off function. I'm also not even sure that's the cause of the problem I'm having, since it still happens when I disable CEC on the AVR and TV. My AVR isn't changing from the UHD input when the sound goes out... It just acts like it isn't receiving audio to that input. Then if I yank the inactive HDMI cable between the AVR and TV, sound starts playing on the UHD input, even with no CEC/ARC enabled. It's odd.

post #11817 of 11819 Old 07-01-2019, 03:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by wl1 View Post

That's what I ended up doing, after fooling around with ARC for a while. I mostly listen to YouTube that way.

FAMILY ROOM--Legacy Signature II tower speakers(Front L/R), PSB Image 5T tower speakers(Surrounds), Denon AVR-X5200W, Krell FPB 400cx, AR ES-1 turntable w/ Audioquest 404-B cartridge, Oppo UDP-203 UHD Blu-ray Player, RCA HD-DVD player, Samsung HL67A 750A TV
MASTER BEDROOM--Dynaudio Audience 82 tower speakers, Outlaw LFM-1 sub, Yamaha RX-V1800 receiver, Sherbourn 5/1500A 5-channel amp, Oppo BDP-83 Universal Disc Player, Panasonic 60-ST60 plasma TV.
post #11818 of 11819 Old 07-02-2019, 02:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Yeah, saw that... but considering they haven't updated the firmware for it in a long time, I'm not holding my breath on them adding a CEC off function. I'm also not even sure that's the cause of the problem I'm having, since it still happens when I disable CEC on the AVR and TV. My AVR isn't changing from the UHD input when the sound goes out... It just acts like it isn't receiving audio to that input. Then if I yank the inactive HDMI cable between the AVR and TV, sound starts playing on the UHD input, even with no CEC/ARC enabled. It's odd.
I ran into a CEC issue at one point. My workaround was to not use the input on the TV that had the CEC capability. (Panasonic plasma, CEC was getting in the way when using HDMI 2 (which is the only one providing CEC capability), so I switched over to HDMI 3. Forget which device, but couldn't seem to turn off CEC somewhere or other, and moving the hdmi cable to HDMI 3 got rid of it for me; maybe with a bit more persistence I could have located the preference setting(s) that was keeping CEC enabled, but once I changed the wire I considered it done. Oh, and didn't have any CEC issues at all until I was forced to modernize my hdmi cables to premium certified by a Denon receiver firmware update (or not have video any more on a couple inputs).)
post #11819 of 11819 Old 07-02-2019, 02:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmalczewski View Post
I ran into a CEC issue at one point. My workaround was to not use the input on the TV that had the CEC capability. (Panasonic plasma, CEC was getting in the way when using HDMI 2 (which is the only one providing CEC capability), so I switched over to HDMI 3. Forget which device, but couldn't seem to turn off CEC somewhere or other, and moving the hdmi cable to HDMI 3 got rid of it for me; maybe with a bit more persistence I could have located the preference setting(s) that was keeping CEC enabled, but once I changed the wire I considered it done. Oh, and didn't have any CEC issues at all until I was forced to modernize my hdmi cables to premium certified by a Denon receiver firmware update (or not have video any more on a couple inputs).)
Yeah, that was one of the first things I tried. Moved my AVR's HDMI cable to the non-ARC inputs on the TV and it still does the same thing. I'm at a loss.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
(X4100/X5200/X7200) , compatibility , denon avr x4100w , help a n00b , receiver advice , remote , X4100 , X4100W , X5200W

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page