Onkyo acknowledges failed units and extending warrranties until 2018 - Page 88 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1263Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2611 of 2819 Old 08-29-2018, 09:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Al Sherwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Victoria, BC Canada
Posts: 4,412
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 859 Post(s)
Liked: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMotter View Post
Good question. Their parent company (Gibson of guitar fame) recently declared bankruptcy and is restructuring. The challenge here is that the entire industry (Audio Video Receivers) seems to be declining as the mainstream seems to be morphing in two different directions.

1) An unscientific poll of family and friends tells me that people looking for surround sound are shifting to sound bars simply because they are easier to install and don't require the consumer to pull any speaker wires.

2) The second issue is that fewer people seem to be building media rooms since the young generation would rather sit and watch media like Netflix on their phones or iPads. I saw a home improvement show recently where the agent called this out and recommended NOT building a media room simply because the next generation won't use it.

You can't give an Onkyo away on eBay but the same is true for pretty much any brand name receiver so I have to wonder if the decline in media rooms is the biggest issue and that the availability of sound bars as a lower cost, less complex alternative reduces the market size even more. Either way, it doesn't bode well for the industry.

Yep, either sound bars and a TV or a phone and earbuds... not quite they way I experience a movie!

Al
Al Sherwood is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2612 of 2819 Old 09-01-2018, 03:46 PM
Member
 
krauley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 198
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Right now my wife and daughter are watching Jumangi on netflix through the tv speakers. That tv is connected to a 3.1 system using dual subs and sounds decent but they are not interested in turning that on. At the same time i am in my "space" listening to 80s rock through my 7.1 system that sounds great while surfing and posting this. I agree that the younger and most of the older would rather just pop a button watch or listen with as little effort as possible. I own the 4k/bluray combo of jumamji but that would take some effort on thier part to use it so they wont.

I do believe that there are still some of us that wouldnt watch or listen without have the best system to do it but we are a small percentage and would say that percentage will shrink with each up coming generation.

also to make this post relevent to the thread, my onkyo 808 hdmi board failed and was repaired via the extended warranty. I started having the symptoms again but onkyo said one time per so i replaced it with an emotiva xmc-1 and moved the 808 to closest duties. I would buy another onkyo if one came along with the features and price that appealed to me.
Dark Matter likes this.

Lg G6
Oppo 203, Ps4Pro
Emotiva, XMC-1 V3, Xpa-2, Xpa-5
PSA V1801
Airmotiv T2(front), C2(Center), T1(surrounds), E1(surround backs)
krauley is offline  
post #2613 of 2819 Old 09-01-2018, 07:33 PM
Member
 
TheSeanO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 128
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Well, my TX-NR 809 has given me many years of use but my board has now failed like many others. I checked on the Onkyo site, and I qualify for a direct replacement. I was looking at using the program (ends DEC18) to get a TX-RZ830 and save a few hundred dollars.

Has anyone here used the direct replacement program for that model? Are you happy with the performance and features?

Did you end up going with a different receiver in that price range, and if so why?

Any feedback would be appreciated. I hope to pull the trigger on one this month to get everything back up and running. I am running my main display through my Oppo right now and it is a pain to switch the sources.
TheSeanO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2614 of 2819 Old 09-02-2018, 11:34 PM
Senior Member
 
JTH182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NW Chicago suburbs
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 29
IDK if this is a good place to ask, but just yesterday we had a lightning strike nearby and now the HDMI inputs on my TX-SR805 are dead. Is there a relatively cheap and easy fix? I know it's an older unit, but I'm not ready for a new one yet!
JTH182 is online now  
post #2615 of 2819 Old 09-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
There are two probable sources for your problem:

The first is that your receiver is from the era of worn out capacitors so the lighting strike may have just been a coincidence. There are several good video's on YouTube on how to fix this issue and the parts are pretty cheap. On the SR805 you would be looking for C8151, C8602, C8607, C8609, C8675 (all 100uF/4V) and C8605 (220uF/4V)

The second is that while an Onkyo has excellent protection against voltage surges on the audio sections, there is no way to protect the HDMI ports from a surge coming from the TV or playback device. HDMI carries both 3.3V signals and 5V signals so when a surge comes from this direction it can make a mess. I have fixed a couple of HDMI boards where this surge was the cause of the problem. On one, I had to replace the HDMI transmitter (100 pins), receiver (145 pins) and about 6 related pieces of silicon. The biggest issue with this is that most of those parts are getting hard to find so lets hope it is the first problem.

You should really start with a diagnosis of the system. To do this, connect a TV and a video source and press the appropriate source button to turn them on. Next, press and hold the "Display" button to see what the display shows. It should show something like: 1080p/60->1080p/60. The first half is the source info and the second half is the TV side. If only one is out it will tell you which side has the issue. Send me a PM with the info and I will try to help you diagnose it further.

HTH
Todd

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH182 View Post
IDK if this is a good place to ask, but just yesterday we had a lightning strike nearby and now the HDMI inputs on my TX-SR805 are dead. Is there a relatively cheap and easy fix? I know it's an older unit, but I'm not ready for a new one yet!

Last edited by TJMotter; 09-03-2018 at 06:43 PM.
TJMotter is offline  
post #2616 of 2819 Old 09-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Member
 
kdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: S-CA
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone done this offer and as I re-read this looks like the only thing they want from the defective unit is the serial label from the back of unit. The receipt and all other info is from the new unit. Is that how anyone else reads this, hopefully someone that did this? This seams like a better deal than the discounted units they offer as you can buy them for cheaper on amazon,

Any input is appreciated.
Thx


Onkyo USA offers a Mail-in Rebate program if you purchase a qualifying ONKYO brand receiver instead of returning your unit for repair. This offer is valid with the purchase of a brand new selected Onkyo receiver purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018. Click "VIEW MAIL-IN REBATE DETAILS" to find out more details.


Mail-In Rebate Program is easy as outlined below.

Return the Serial Number Label of your qualifying unit.
After requirements are verified, Onkyo will send the Mail-In Rebate check to the address provided on the Mail-In Rebate Form.
This offer is valid for a selected brand new Onkyo receiver purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018 from an Independent Authorized Onkyo Dealer or shoponkyo.com.
The Following items MUST be returned to the Special Program Repair Center by using pre-paid shipping labels.
(1) Your Onkyo receiver Serial Number Label (located on the back of your unit) exhibiting loss of audio or network connection
(2) Original Purchase Receipt of the qualifiying Onkyo Receiver you purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018.
(3) TWO (2) BAR CODE LABELS from the qualifiying Onkyo Receiver you purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018.
Two Entire original white bar code label cut from the box (two sides)
Photocopies will not be accepted
Bar code label must include the serial number bar code and UPC bar code
Ensure the product is listed in the prior section
All required bar code labels are located on the white sticker on the box. *
* Note: Equipment cannot be returned to the Independent Authorized Onkyo Dealer or shoponkyo.com if bar code labels are cut from the box.
(4) The original Mail-In Rebate Form sent from Onkyo
Mail-in rebate form must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase of a new Onkyo Receiver
Failure to send all required information may invalidate your rebate.
Make a photocopy of all submitted materials for your records.

Last edited by kdaniel; 09-04-2018 at 10:17 PM.
kdaniel is offline  
post #2617 of 2819 Old 09-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Member
 
roll - gybe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaniel View Post
Has anyone done this offer and as I re-read this looks like the only thing they want from the defective unit is the serial label from the back of unit. The receipt and all other info is from the new unit. Is that how anyone else reads this, hopefully someone that did this? This seams like a better deal than the discounted units they offer as you can buy them for cheaper on amazon,

Any input is appreciated.
Thx


Onkyo USA offers a Mail-in Rebate program if you purchase a qualifying ONKYO brand receiver instead of returning your unit for repair. This offer is valid with the purchase of a brand new selected Onkyo receiver purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018. Click "VIEW MAIL-IN REBATE DETAILS" to find out more details.


Mail-In Rebate Program is easy as outlined below.

Return the Serial Number Label of your qualifying unit.
After requirements are verified, Onkyo will send the Mail-In Rebate check to the address provided on the Mail-In Rebate Form.
This offer is valid for a selected brand new Onkyo receiver purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018 from an Independent Authorized Onkyo Dealer or shoponkyo.com.
The Following items MUST be returned to the Special Program Repair Center by using pre-paid shipping labels.
(1) Your Onkyo receiver Serial Number Label (located on the back of your unit) exhibiting loss of audio or network connection
(2) Original Purchase Receipt of the qualifiying Onkyo Receiver you purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018.
(3) TWO (2) BAR CODE LABELS from the qualifiying Onkyo Receiver you purchased from August 19, 2014 through Dec 31,2018.
Two Entire original white bar code label cut from the box (two sides)
Photocopies will not be accepted
Bar code label must include the serial number bar code and UPC bar code
Ensure the product is listed in the prior section
All required bar code labels are located on the white sticker on the box. *
* Note: Equipment cannot be returned to the Independent Authorized Onkyo Dealer or shoponkyo.com if bar code labels are cut from the box.
(4) The original Mail-In Rebate Form sent from Onkyo
Mail-in rebate form must be postmarked within 30 days of purchase of a new Onkyo Receiver
Failure to send all required information may invalidate your rebate.
Make a photocopy of all submitted materials for your records.
I went through the survey last weekend to discover I have a special offer to buy a new unit for the same price that Crutchfield is listing it. Great.

So I'm supposed to double down on Onkyo after their poor engineering logic caused a problem?

I tried to get them on the phone this week, but I haven't made contact yet.
roll - gybe is offline  
post #2618 of 2819 Old 09-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Member
 
kdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: S-CA
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll - gybe View Post
I went through the survey last weekend to discover I have a special offer to buy a new unit for the same price that Crutchfield is listing it. Great.

So I'm supposed to double down on Onkyo after their poor engineering logic caused a problem?

I tried to get them on the phone this week, but I haven't made contact yet.
I agree that the 3 units they offer buying direct from Onkyo for this program are more money than you can find from authorized online resellers, so that is an awful offer! .

BUT, I was also offered $350 off a unit I purchase from an authorized merchant and they list thirty plus units you can buy with some starting at around $400 going all the way up to their top units. So that seems to be the way to go.
I was looking to see if anyone has done that, the instructions given seem a bit convoluted so I just want to make sure they work. They have you removing bar codes etc from the new unit and box if I am reading it correctly so It seems like if you had issues with the new unit you could not return it to anyone. So has anyone taken advantage of this program?

Last edited by kdaniel; 09-09-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: J
kdaniel is offline  
post #2619 of 2819 Old 09-09-2018, 12:37 PM
Member
 
roll - gybe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaniel View Post
I agree that the 3 units they offer buying direct from Onkyo for this program are more money than you can find from authorized online resellers, so that is an awful offer! .

BUT, I was also offered $350 off a unit I purchase from an authorized merchant and they list thirty plus units you can buy with some starting at around $400 going all the way up to their top units. So that seems to be the way to go.
I was looking to see if anyone has done that, the instructions given seem a bit convoluted so I just want to make sure they work. They have you removing bar codes etc from the new unit and box if I am reading it correctly so It seems like if you had issues with the new unit you could not return it to anyone. So has anyone taken advantage of this program?
Did you contact the retailer directly? Or was this part of Onkyo's program?
roll - gybe is offline  
post #2620 of 2819 Old 09-10-2018, 08:09 AM
Member
 
kdaniel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: S-CA
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll - gybe View Post
Did you contact the retailer directly? Or was this part of Onkyo's program?
That is part of onkyo program. My original post shows the details. I imagine the rebate amount they offer depends on the unit you own, but I do not know for sure.
kdaniel is offline  
post #2621 of 2819 Old 09-10-2018, 09:10 AM
Member
 
roll - gybe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdaniel View Post
That is part of onkyo program. My original post shows the details. I imagine the rebate amount they offer depends on the unit you own, but I do not know for sure.
Yes, I spoke with them today. I was offered a $250 rebate that would apply only to receivers. For a comparable unit, I would be spending about $1000 to purchase from an authorized dealer.

I will never touch these guys again. They should feel ashamed of their product and their ethics.
azz7686 likes this.
roll - gybe is offline  
post #2622 of 2819 Old 09-12-2018, 09:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,717
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 169
I've been an Onkyo guy since 2001. Is it safe to buy the TX-RZ820 or should I be looking at Denons?

Your mom is a classy lady!

Tom's Book Blog

PSN: Macello / Xbox: Macello
NoThru22 is offline  
post #2623 of 2819 Old 09-12-2018, 12:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
I've been an Onkyo guy since 2001. Is it safe to buy the TX-RZ820 or should I be looking at Denons?

I have generally been an advocate for Onkyo and have defended them multiple times in this post. Having said this, I would tend to shy away from them at this time. I repair Onkyo's as a hobby and have even fixed some RZ series units. FWIW, I like the design and the features of the RZ820 and the Receiver sounds great. What makes me hesitant is that the last 4 newer generation Onkyo HDMI boards I have fixed have all suffered from blown HDMI receiver chips. I find this odd since SII (the supplier) has generally put out good parts. A DSP subsystem is relatively easy to fix compared to the HDMI subsystem. When the DSP fails (the topic of this thread), it is relatively easy to diagnose and any damage is localized to the receiver. The problem with the HDMI subsystem is that when it fails, it can take out external equipment like your TV or BluRay player. In addition, on several of the boards I repaired I found that when the receiver chip blew, it destroyed both HDCP2 controllers and the QDEO chip. Not only are these parts insanely difficult to get, they aren't the easiest things in the world to replace.


Let me add that what I am seeing may be a simple coincidence. For all I know, the people who sell the broken boards on eBay could have all been hit by lightning strikes but regardless, it makes me cautious.

To their credit, Onkyo stepped up on the DSP issue. It remains to be seen if they would do the same again. In your shoes, I would probably go for the Denon.


HTH
Todd
TJMotter is offline  
post #2624 of 2819 Old 09-12-2018, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
NoThru22's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 9,717
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJMotter View Post
I have generally been an advocate for Onkyo and have defended them multiple times in this post. Having said this, I would tend to shy away from them at this time. I repair Onkyo's as a hobby and have even fixed some RZ series units. FWIW, I like the design and the features of the RZ820 and the Receiver sounds great. What makes me hesitant is that the last 4 newer generation Onkyo HDMI boards I have fixed have all suffered from blown HDMI receiver chips. I find this odd since SII (the supplier) has generally put out good parts. A DSP subsystem is relatively easy to fix compared to the HDMI subsystem. When the DSP fails (the topic of this thread), it is relatively easy to diagnose and any damage is localized to the receiver. The problem with the HDMI subsystem is that when it fails, it can take out external equipment like your TV or BluRay player. In addition, on several of the boards I repaired I found that when the receiver chip blew, it destroyed both HDCP2 controllers and the QDEO chip. Not only are these parts insanely difficult to get, they aren't the easiest things in the world to replace.


Let me add that what I am seeing may be a simple coincidence. For all I know, the people who sell the broken boards on eBay could have all been hit by lightning strikes but regardless, it makes me cautious.

To their credit, Onkyo stepped up on the DSP issue. It remains to be seen if they would do the same again. In your shoes, I would probably go for the Denon.


HTH
Todd
Thanks so much for the response.

Your mom is a classy lady!

Tom's Book Blog

PSN: Macello / Xbox: Macello
NoThru22 is offline  
post #2625 of 2819 Old 09-13-2018, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Nathan_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Paducah KY
Posts: 1,427
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoThru22 View Post
I've been an Onkyo guy since 2001. Is it safe to buy the TX-RZ820 or should I be looking at Denons?
As someone who moved from Onkyo to Denon over my *fourth* failed 5008, I regret my decision to go to Denon. My interactions with their new Sound United support group have been HORRIBLE. I put in a ticket that my unit is not accepting firmware updates. The Sound United rep wrote to update the firmware and marked the ticket as complete. When I requested to be escalated to the next tier, he basically went on an typo-littered email rant. Based on that, I'll never get another Denon.

PSN: KyFriedNate
Nathan_R is offline  
post #2626 of 2819 Old 09-23-2018, 12:40 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have been in the market for a low cost solution to my apartment.
I fist decided to get a small Marantz 1608, That didnt go so well, sounded like something from a FisherPrice toy. So I went looking at Pioneer VSX-S520 and also the SX-S30 ( this model sounded better albeit just 2.1 channel ) and tried out these slim models and it was better but still had me thinking there has to be something out there better in this for factor..
I saw somewhere that someone mention Integra has a model almost exactly like the Pioneer VSX-S520 so I went on the Integra website and checked out the specs for it.. What I noticed is the Integra has a better dac and better eq and just all around better specs. I found this model on A4less for 350$, Got it, Hooked it up..... SO pleased with it I bought another... WHat really impresses me is that is has a powered subwoofer output that actually has decent power. The 15 band EQ for each pair is awesome. The sub has a 5 band eq.. The ampliers are all digital and the wbesite states each channel has its own small power supply. It is a hevier unit compared to the Pioneer VSX model. The overall SQ is way better. The features it has is way better. ... Now... I sure hope that the new models they have come out with, like mine fo rexample stays working cause i love this little monster...
SeventhHeaven is offline  
post #2627 of 2819 Old 09-27-2018, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ScottAvery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by roll - gybe View Post
I went through the survey last weekend to discover I have a special offer to buy a new unit for the same price that Crutchfield is listing it. Great.

So I'm supposed to double down on Onkyo after their poor engineering logic caused a problem?

I tried to get them on the phone this week, but I haven't made contact yet.
So, I submitted my unit years ago now, and had delayed sending it in for repair as I was moving. I have since moved, and have been unable to get through to Onkyo to update my address. I have waited on the phone for an hour or more, multiple times, and have tried to use the web form and that has been broken for months. You said you submitted this month? I will have to try again on another network, as I already tried multiple browsers here. You got multiple options online?
ScottAvery is offline  
post #2628 of 2819 Old 10-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Didn't know they had stopped offering the repair service, but I did get 50% discount just now on the TX-RZ830 (coming from the TX-NR818) so I don't think that is a bad deal in the end? Anyway I took the deal so we will see how good the RZ830 is...

oh, and the website seems to be working fine now, not sure when it was broken but after putting in my S/N I got offered a discount on a choice of three which includes the RZ830, the RZ920 and a lower end model that I didn't take note of... or they offered me a rebate check for $170 bucks... I have had many years use of the NR818 so I personally can't complain, may be the extra cooling I have for the NR818 helped it last longer or I was just lucky. In the end I still think Onkyo did the right thing and didn't leave their customers high and dry!

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby

Last edited by Barrettmr; 10-03-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Barrettmr is offline  
post #2629 of 2819 Old 10-04-2018, 08:34 AM
Member
 
masstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Apologies for only just arriving and not reading the whole thread...


I have a NR709 that lost all audio last year and I took no action. Now a year later I learned of the *Offer*. Apparently repair was an option but is no longer offered(?)
I understand the offer on my 709 to be the following:. Option 1. get a credit off their short list (2 receivers ~RZ830/NR787) from their Onkyo store.
Option 2. Buy a *NEW* (not refurb or used) unit {selecting from a very long list} from any authorized seller, follow the instructions, get a rebate of 200 bucks.
At least that's how I read it.

Option 2 is exactly what I am doing. I have ordered a TX-RZ820 from Amazon (sold by Huppins) and it will be here today. The RZ820 looks like the best deal, I thought, currently on sale for 600 through various dealers. The rebate means that for 400 bucks I'll have my theater back up, and a bunch more features to boot.


The 830 with current price offers is $700 more... I can't see the justification in that difference to get 9.2. I have a 7.2 Klipsch speaker setup and no plans to cut more holes just now. Mains are Chorus, surrounds are in-wall.


I have two questions for you guys:
1. Are there other significant feature sets in the RZ830 besides 9 channels?


2. To do the deal, you send in the serial# sticker off of your *OLD* machine (the 709) and keep the receiver. This (of course) presents the dilemma; do I get it repaired? What are the options or likely cost to fix this 'known issue'?
masstch is offline  
post #2630 of 2819 Old 10-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I'm guessing each offer is based on you broken machine and what they have available, for me the most cost effective option was to take the TX-RZ830 which I was looking to buy anyway, so basically got it a half price. I wanted that new one for the Atmos so I can do 5.2.4 rather than the 7.1 I have right now on the TX-NR818

Looking at the thread here it sounds like it might be hard to get parts for the repair now, may be why they stopped offering it? But you could always call around and see if anyone is still offering the repair... I like that I get to keep the old one, just send in the sticker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
Apologies for only just arriving and not reading the whole thread...


I have a NR709 that lost all audio last year and I took no action. Now a year later I learned of the *Offer*. Apparently repair was an option but is no longer offered(?)
I understand the offer on my 709 to be the following:. Option 1. get a credit off their short list (2 receivers ~RZ830/NR787) from their Onkyo store.
Option 2. Buy a *NEW* (not refurb or used) unit {selecting from a very long list} from any authorized seller, follow the instructions, get a rebate of 200 bucks.
At least that's how I read it.

Option 2 is exactly what I am doing. I have ordered a TX-RZ820 from Amazon (sold by Huppins) and it will be here today. The RZ820 looks like the best deal, I thought, currently on sale for 600 through various dealers. The rebate means that for 400 bucks I'll have my theater back up, and a bunch more features to boot.


The 830 with current price offers is $700 more... I can't see the justification in that difference to get 9.2. I have a 7.2 Klipsch speaker setup and no plans to cut more holes just now. Mains are Chorus, surrounds are in-wall.


I have two questions for you guys:
1. Are there other significant feature sets in the RZ830 besides 9 channels?


2. To do the deal, you send in the serial# sticker off of your *OLD* machine (the 709) and keep the receiver. This (of course) presents the dilemma; do I get it repaired? What are the options or likely cost to fix this 'known issue'?

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby
Barrettmr is offline  
post #2631 of 2819 Old 10-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Member
 
masstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
I'm guessing each offer is based on you broken machine and what they have available, for me the most cost effective option was to take the TX-RZ830 which I was looking to buy anyway, so basically got it a half price. I wanted that new one for the Atmos so I can do 5.2.4 rather than the 7.1 I have right now on the TX-NR818

Looking at the thread here it sounds like it might be hard to get parts for the repair now, may be why they stopped offering it? But you could always call around and see if anyone is still offering the repair... I like that I get to keep the old one, just send in the sticker.

"RZ830 which I was looking to buy anyway, so basically got it a half price."



The offer I had (based on my older 709) was a 200 rebate, or the RZ830 for $999 (from 1299) So I had the choice of the 830 for a grand from the site, or 1300 online minus 200. OR... the 820 was on sale online for 600 (minus 200). So that's the way I went


Just curious, but what did they offer you the 830 for?
masstch is offline  
post #2632 of 2819 Old 10-04-2018, 06:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
"RZ830 which I was looking to buy anyway, so basically got it a half price."



The offer I had (based on my older 709) was a 200 rebate, or the RZ830 for $999 (from 1299) So I had the choice of the 830 for a grand from the site, or 1300 online minus 200. OR... the 820 was on sale online for 600 (minus 200). So that's the way I went


Just curious, but what did they offer you the 830 for?
I have no idea how they do the calculation, for my TX-NR818 they only offered me $170 but the RZ830 discounted down to $700 shipped with 2day delivery. I was also offered the RZ920 for $999....

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby
Barrettmr is offline  
post #2633 of 2819 Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Member
 
masstch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
I have no idea how they do the calculation, for my TX-NR818 they only offered me $170 but the RZ830 discounted down to $700 shipped with 2day delivery. I was also offered the RZ920 for $999....

That IS a curious calculation!



Offered on a TX-NR709 : 200 rebate OR the RZ830 for $1000
Offered on a TX-NR818 : 170 rebate OR the RZ830 for $700


I would have jumped on the 830 for that price!
masstch is offline  
post #2634 of 2819 Old 10-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by masstch View Post
That IS a curious calculation!



Offered on a TX-NR709 : 200 rebate OR the RZ830 for $1000
Offered on a TX-NR818 : 170 rebate OR the RZ830 for $700


I would have jumped on the 830 for that price!
Yeah, very odd - but it arrived today so I'll have some fun installing it this weekend :-) I know the deal didn't seems as good for others, but from authorized re-sellers the RZ830 is still $1299 so I really thank Onkyo for looking after me as a customer.

and just to add - I think ALL brands have issues at some point, its just the way tech is... my Pioneer keeps shutting off with some BS error, needed a reset to get working again but keeps happening - and what did they give me - nothing!!! tough luck, so yeah I am more than happy to give Onkyo another go :-P

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby

Last edited by Barrettmr; 10-05-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Barrettmr is offline  
post #2635 of 2819 Old 10-06-2018, 11:43 PM
Senior Member
 
tibimakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 56
TJMotter, I have picked up a 646, with no input on the HDMI inputs. Everything else works(tuner, net, wi-fi, bluetooth). Youtube, from the smart TV works well, audio and video, but nothing works via HDMI IN. HDMI Out works.
What could be the problem? HDMI MN and SII ICs?

I'm also trying to repair a RZ800. Found a shorted microcontroller(Q7009). Do you think, that this part can be replaced from another receiver? That is what I have done, got one from a 717, but it seems that al it happens, is the power supply relay clicks on and then off. Nothing else happens. If I unplug P7000B ribbon, it stays on, but I start smelling some kind of smoking smell. There is no display at all.
One of the HDMI ICs(Q8000 - MN864788) was shorted as well, it is removed and waiting for the replacement.
I suspect a surge through the HDMI.

Living Room: Samsung UN65JS8500,Onkyo TX-NR676,Klipsch R-28F,Klipsch RC-62II,Klipsch R-14S,Polk Audio 80 FX/RT(Atmos)
Bedroom: Samsung UN55MU6290,Onkyo TX-RZ610,Onkyo & Fluance speakers
Garage: Epson 5040UB,Elite Screens 125" motorized screen,2xKlipsch RP-160M,4xKlipsch RP-150M,Klipsch RP-450C ,2xKlipsch CDT-3800II-Atmos,Klipsch R115SW,Klipsch R110SW
tibimakai is offline  
post #2636 of 2819 Old 10-07-2018, 09:27 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 195
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
TJMotter, I have picked up a 646, with no input on the HDMI inputs. Everything else works(tuner, net, wi-fi, bluetooth). Youtube, from the smart TV works well, audio and video, but nothing works via HDMI IN. HDMI Out works.
What could be the problem? HDMI MN and SII ICs?

I'm also trying to repair a RZ800. Found a shorted microcontroller(Q7009). Do you think, that this part can be replaced from another receiver? That is what I have done, got one from a 717, but it seems that al it happens, is the power supply relay clicks on and then off. Nothing else happens. If I unplug P7000B ribbon, it stays on, but I start smelling some kind of smoking smell. There is no display at all.
One of the HDMI ICs(Q8000 - MN864788) was shorted as well, it is removed and waiting for the replacement.
I suspect a surge through the HDMI.
The NR646 uses the SII 9573. I have seen multiple instances where these have shorted out the 1.3V line. The easiest way to check is to place a negative probe on one of the HDMI port cases (ground) and then place the positive probe on either the output (pin1) of Q8300 or on pin 36, pin 18 or pin 55 of the SII chip.


On the RZ, yes the main cpu's can be replaced but the problem you face is that Onkyo embeds firmware within them. The only way I have found that works is to find a working RZ unit and then using a Renesas E1 programmer (available from Digikey), pull a copy of the code and the signature from the good board that you then use to update the repaired board. Always check the 5V circuit for shorts when you work on an HDMI system that has seen a lightning strike. Note that P7000B connects to the amplifiers "protect" circuit so you likely have a blown channel as well.


HTH
Todd
TJMotter is offline  
post #2637 of 2819 Old 10-07-2018, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
tibimakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Los Angeles CA
Posts: 358
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 56
I have checked those pins, at the SII and I measure almost 300 Ohm, at all three spots. Q8300 it is not shorted either.
To find an HDMI board for an RZ, will be almost impossible.
You don't think, that it would be possible, to at least make it work partially and update the firmware, to make it an RZ IC? Now it is a TX-NR717 microcontroller.

Living Room: Samsung UN65JS8500,Onkyo TX-NR676,Klipsch R-28F,Klipsch RC-62II,Klipsch R-14S,Polk Audio 80 FX/RT(Atmos)
Bedroom: Samsung UN55MU6290,Onkyo TX-RZ610,Onkyo & Fluance speakers
Garage: Epson 5040UB,Elite Screens 125" motorized screen,2xKlipsch RP-160M,4xKlipsch RP-150M,Klipsch RP-450C ,2xKlipsch CDT-3800II-Atmos,Klipsch R115SW,Klipsch R110SW
tibimakai is offline  
post #2638 of 2819 Old 10-08-2018, 10:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ScottAvery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
I have no idea how they do the calculation, for my TX-NR818 they only offered me $170 but the RZ830 discounted down to $700 shipped with 2day delivery. I was also offered the RZ920 for $999....
does the 920 offer anything over the 830? Just a little more power per channel?

I'm in the position but I have to consider whether something like the Denon 4400 might serve just as well and get me out of the Onkyo business.
ScottAvery is offline  
post #2639 of 2819 Old 10-08-2018, 12:00 PM
Senior Member
 
Barrettmr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 284
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottAvery View Post
does the 920 offer anything over the 830? Just a little more power per channel?

I'm in the position but I have to consider whether something like the Denon 4400 might serve just as well and get me out of the Onkyo business.
For me I wanted the "new" model with all the new features, plus I am using a 5 channel amp so power is not a main consideration. I am only running the 4 atmos speakers from the receiver. I don't own and have never had a Denon so can't comment. Like I said Onkyo has been good to me and I like their sounds so works for me.

Epson 5050UB - Falcon Screens AT 131"
Onkyo TX RZ830 - Emotiva XPA-5 - Panamax M5300
Polk 265LS/255cLS L/C/R - 2 sets 80F/X-LS Atmos & LSiM703 surrounds - Dual SVS PB2000 subs
Panasonic DP-UB820 - HTPC with Emby
Barrettmr is offline  
post #2640 of 2819 Old 10-08-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ScottAvery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Great Falls, VA
Posts: 1,812
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 729 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrettmr View Post
For me I wanted the "new" model with all the new features, plus I am using a 5 channel amp so power is not a main consideration. I am only running the 4 atmos speakers from the receiver. I don't own and have never had a Denon so can't comment. Like I said Onkyo has been good to me and I like their sounds so works for me.
Thanks for the feedback. Happy with the new one so far?

I have a 7 channel Outlaw amp available as well so I would probably also only use the receiver for the Atmos channels. Yours is 5.1.4?
ScottAvery is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off