The **OFFICIAL** Marantz AV7702 Pre/Pro - Page 211 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2866Likes

post #6301 of 6584 Old 12-16-2016, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Pure Direct made no difference. But I found the problem. Video output was changed to 'auto', I changed it to 1080P and it worked. I would have thought auto was the correct position however and I think that's where it was before.

Last edited by MGBPUFF; 12-16-2016 at 11:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6302 of 6584 Old 12-16-2016, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
AV7702mk2 Remote

Hi guys a little new to this stuff but need some help with my remote set up. Like to know if any one has set up there remote for there TV and things. I'm looking for the Code for a (BLUERAY player) Oppo BDP-105D, ( TV )Pioneer Kuro PDP-5020FD, and last but not least is my Entertainment! Dish the box is a DVR Hopper with sling hope that helps . I've looked at the manl. for av7702mk2 but none of the TV ones work and there is none for Dish or Oppo. I like to use just my AV remote for all if I can ,hell just to turn them on ! PS is there a code for RoKu 3 ? Thanks for any help I can git ,also were you put the two remote together to copy what ever does not seem to work, or I'm just not doing it right that's why its inportent to git the preset code thanks again for your help
post #6303 of 6584 Old 12-21-2016, 07:14 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am not enjoying the popping noise. I have read some pages of this thread to tackle the annoying popping noise on startup. So far seems the delay switch is the only way to prevent this annoyance. If there is another fix please let me know.

I have this unit connected to a Outlaw Audio 7410 via balanced connection(have not tried the unbalanced). Checked with the techs at Outlaw Audio and they said it was probably not the amp and downstream from the Marantz causing the popping noise even though they do sell both units.

I have used a temporary fix. Not sure if some of you have tried and posted this already. In the Trigger Out 1 under 'General' settings I have disabled all items but the ones I use. When I turn off the unit I make sure I toggle on(press one of the source buttons on the remote) any item that is not activated by trigger. Lets say I press 'Dvd' on the remote, which is not trigger activated, it will disable the amp but the Marantz is still on. Once the amp is off I will shut down the Marantz via remote. When I turn the unit on the Marantz will not trigger the amp to turn on since it is still in the previous setting of using a non trigger source. So in essence this is like a delay switch. I will wait until the Marantz fully powers up, about 1 min or so, and then turn on one of the 'triggered' sources via remote(e.g. Tv Audio). This will power up the amp without any popping noises.

I hate to go through this process but it seems it is helping with the popping issue I am having that I feel will hurt my speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6304 of 6584 Old 12-21-2016, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 207
mongoosevsget , my suspicion is the OUTLAW AMPS...I know there have been some issues with Emotiva Amps with Marantz, and this could be a similar situation? I run NAD amps, and no pops at all. Just quiet relay clicks at best. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Terry
post #6305 of 6584 Old 12-22-2016, 04:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBPUFF View Post
I have been enjoying my AV7702 for almost a year now. I know many have avoided buying this exceptionally valued AV Pre because of lack of DTS:x or HDCP 2.2. I have no reason to change units just because of DTS:X because the Dolby Surround converter is so good. Now the HDCP 2.2 problem can be fixed for a mere $150 by preordering the new HDFury Integral. I am a fan of HDFury having owned the original HDFury and the HDFury III which kept my HD ready rear view CRT projector valid for 14 years (I just replaced it with a Samsung UN65FS8500 UHD tv and a Sony HW40ES projector to create a fantastically enjoyable Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 home theater system.) The new HDFury should arrive in October well before the new HDCP 2.2 UHD Bluray players hit the scene. http://www.hdfury.com/shop/splitters...60-444-600mhz/
Can anyone share the settings on the HDFury Integral with the AV7702? I have the Panasonic UB900 UHD to the Integral to the Marantz AV7702 to a JVC RS500. I have the EDID set to custom 10 (I want to strip the HDR so I get 4K SDR BT2020 wide color). The Panasonic shows it is converting to 1080P / SDR / 709 color. When I take the Marantz out of the loop, UB900 - Integral - JVC, it is working. I get 10 bit 4K / SDR / 2020 color that I want. (Note: On the new JVC, the SDR looks much better). I tried adjust the Marantz video and output setting to no avail.

Thanks,

Rob
post #6306 of 6584 Old 12-22-2016, 11:35 AM

Hi everyone - I'm a long-time lurker but first-time poster. I apologize if this has been covered somewhere, but I searched the forum and this thread and could not find the answer.

I purchased an AV7702 one year ago and am considering upgrading my 1080p TV to an OLED65B6P or OLED65C6P. My plan was to also upgrade my Xbox One to an Xbox One S and use it as the hub for all my 4k HDR content. Unfortunately, I'm learning that my AV7702 will not pass an HDR signal, so I'm looking for a workaround. I've seen the HDFury box mentioned in this thread, but I'm also wondering if I can use the HDMI-ARC feature to pass sound back to the AV7702 by connecting the Xbox directly to the TV and connecting everything else through the AV7702 and then to the TV.

Can anyone confirm the ARC feature would work for this purpose? Does anyone have any idea about the pros/cons of using an HDFury versus the ARC channel versus another processor that handles HDMI 2.0a? I'm particularly interested to know whether either option will have a negative impact on sound/video quality. I really would rather not sell the AV7702 and purchase something that has HDMI 2.0a, especially since I only bought the AV7702 a year ago, but I also don't want to compromise video/sound quality.

Thanks everyone!
post #6307 of 6584 Old 12-22-2016, 03:02 PM

Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBMAN View Post
mongoosevsget , my suspicion is the OUTLAW AMPS...I know there have been some issues with Emotiva Amps with Marantz, and this could be a similar situation? I run NAD amps, and no pops at all. Just quiet relay clicks at best. Good Luck and Happy Holidays!

Terry

oh boy, I hope not! hate to go through the warranty process with Outlaw considering they claimed the popping noise is not on their end. Too bad I didn't purchase both units at Outlaw. lol oh well....

Happy Holidays to you too!
KenLand and KBMAN like this.
post #6308 of 6584 Old 12-22-2016, 05:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrebello View Post
Can anyone share the settings on the HDFury Integral with the AV7702? I have the Panasonic UB900 UHD to the Integral to the Marantz AV7702 to a JVC RS500. I have the EDID set to custom 10 (I want to strip the HDR so I get 4K SDR BT2020 wide color). The Panasonic shows it is converting to 1080P / SDR / 709 color. When I take the Marantz out of the loop, UB900 - Integral - JVC, it is working. I get 10 bit 4K / SDR / 2020 color that I want. (Note: On the new JVC, the SDR looks much better). I tried adjust the Marantz video and output setting to no avail.

Thanks,

Rob
Take whats working, and move on from there... Color space issues can be a huge PAIN...esp. with the new color schemes...I know you can figure it out
post #6309 of 6584 Old 12-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoosevsgt View Post
I am not enjoying the popping noise. I have read some pages of this thread to tackle the annoying popping noise on startup. So far seems the delay switch is the only way to prevent this annoyance. If there is another fix please let me know.

I have this unit connected to a Outlaw Audio 7410 via balanced connection(have not tried the unbalanced). Checked with the techs at Outlaw Audio and they said it was probably not the amp and downstream from the Marantz causing the popping noise even though they do sell both units.

I have used a temporary fix. Not sure if some of you have tried and posted this already. In the Trigger Out 1 under 'General' settings I have disabled all items but the ones I use. When I turn off the unit I make sure I toggle on(press one of the source buttons on the remote) any item that is not activated by trigger. Lets say I press 'Dvd' on the remote, which is not trigger activated, it will disable the amp but the Marantz is still on. Once the amp is off I will shut down the Marantz via remote. When I turn the unit on the Marantz will not trigger the amp to turn on since it is still in the previous setting of using a non trigger source. So in essence this is like a delay switch. I will wait until the Marantz fully powers up, about 1 min or so, and then turn on one of the 'triggered' sources via remote(e.g. Tv Audio). This will power up the amp without any popping noises.

I hate to go through this process but it seems it is helping with the popping issue I am having that I feel will hurt my speakers.

I have done the same thing i turn on the input that has the trigger disabled. This is b/s and i have the first series 7702 and wanted to upgrade to gain 2.0a and now i am considering switching brands . Marantz has issues with the trigger out shorting and popping issues on start up and shut down clearly they are rushing these out the door without extensive testing.
post #6310 of 6584 Old 12-26-2016, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan319 View Post
I have done the same thing i turn on the input that has the trigger disabled. This is b/s and i have the first series 7702 and wanted to upgrade to gain 2.0a and now i am considering switching brands . Marantz has issues with the trigger out shorting and popping issues on start up and shut down clearly they are rushing these out the door without extensive testing.
I believe your AVATAR explains how you feel about this Good Luck, Sir!
Titan319 likes this.
post #6311 of 6584 Old 12-27-2016, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 225
Quote:

I too have had issues with the AV7702 and pops when the amp is triggered, and this from two different amps. I have the Outlaw 7140 currently and the turn on pop is fairly mild but could be pretty nasty with my previous amp. I did end up returning my first AV7702mkII due to another quality issue and I too am starting too wonder if Marantz has some problems with manufacturing quality control in Vietnam. Sure wish these were still coming out of Japan. I'm thinking of switching over to the new Anthem AVM 60.

One thought... are you using a mono trigger cable ? I have had issues in the past when using a typical stereo mini jack cable, but usually the issue was that the stereo cable simply did not work. Just to be safe, I now always use a mono trigger cable.

Sean
post #6312 of 6584 Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2973 Post(s)
Liked: 1734
Quote:
I have done the same thing i turn on the input that has the trigger disabled.
If the popping issue is primarily at turn on, a simple delay circuit might help. I bought one of these and it works nicely. It adds 10 sec delay for the trigger output. If you need more, simple to tack on an extra capacitor (in parallel with C1) to the NE555 circuit. There is no added delay at turn off.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #6313 of 6584 Old 12-28-2016, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I may be in the huge minority here, but I leave my amps on 24/7. I turn them off occasionally to let them rest, but for the most part I leave them on....It hasn't affected their performance in over 10 years, and they really don't consume much energy when not delivering power to the speakers. Just letting you guys know what I do
post #6314 of 6584 Old 12-28-2016, 11:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked: 253
Quote:
I may be in the huge minority here, but I leave my amps on 24/7. I turn them off occasionally to let them rest, but for the most part I leave them on....It hasn't affected their performance in over 10 years, and they really don't consume much energy when not delivering power to the speakers. Just letting you guys know what I do
Me too. I also leave my 7702 on all the time as well ........ and while we're at it, my Directv receiver and Blu ray player too I turn the volume on the Marantz down to zero when not in use. According to my Belkin power conditioner the system's drawing very little power in that setting. Of course the Plasma is always turned off when not in use.
post #6315 of 6584 Old 12-29-2016, 12:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Me too. I also leave my 7702 on all the time as well ........ and while we're at it, my Directv receiver and Blu ray player too I turn the volume on the Marantz down to zero when not in use. According to my Belkin power conditioner the system's drawing very little power in that setting. Of course the Plasma is always turned off when not in use.
Well, I don't go to THAT extreme I turn my 7702 off every time, along with my source components and pj of course...I just leave my AMPS on
post #6316 of 6584 Old 12-29-2016, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Hi There,

I'm new to this thread but I have been an owner of the Marantz 7702MKII since it came out last year. I recently purchased surround speakers and 5 ceiling speakers and paid the $199 for the Auro 3D upgrade. My question is what is the best way to AMP assign my High Center speaker? I noticed my only option is to use my second sub out as my high center or to set the amp to 4 ceiling speakers, 2 rear (Height2) and 2 front (Height1). I chose to set it up with the 4 ceiling speakers since I have 2 SVS SB16's connected to the sub1 XLR and sub2 XLR. I don't understand Marantz's reasoning to offer a Pre-Pro with Dolby Atmos and upgradeability to Auro 3D (which mandates you have a voice of god channel) then not allow for a high center channel in the amp assign without losing one of your sub outs? Any help or tips on how I should set my amp assign up would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Keith
post #6317 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 740 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22594 Post(s)
Liked: 12295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruvolok View Post
Hi There,

I'm new to this thread but I have been an owner of the Marantz 7702MKII since it came out last year. I recently purchased surround speakers and 5 ceiling speakers and paid the $199 for the Auro 3D upgrade. My question is what is the best way to AMP assign my High Center speaker? I noticed my only option is to use my second sub out as my high center or to set the amp to 4 ceiling speakers, 2 rear (Height2) and 2 front (Height1). I chose to set it up with the 4 ceiling speakers since I have 2 SVS SB16's connected to the sub1 XLR and sub2 XLR. I don't understand Marantz's reasoning to offer a Pre-Pro with Dolby Atmos and upgradeability to Auro 3D (which mandates you have a voice of god channel) then not allow for a high center channel in the amp assign without losing one of your sub outs? Any help or tips on how I should set my amp assign up would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Keith
The Top Surround (VOG) speaker can only use the 2nd Sub output and can only use the AMP ASSIGN = Height = 5CH setting in order to have the AVP pass audio to it.

The work around is to first connect each sub to a separate sub pre-out and run Audyssey Setup and let Audyssey Sub EQ HT set the level/delay of each sub. Then use a "Y" splitter cable from the first sub pre-out to both subs and connect the Top Surround (VOG) speaker to the 2nd Sub pre-out and run Audyssey again.
post #6318 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 06:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 482 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by stash64 View Post
I too have had issues with the AV7702 and pops when the amp is triggered, and this from two different amps. I have the Outlaw 7140 currently and the turn on pop is fairly mild but could be pretty nasty with my previous amp. I did end up returning my first AV7702mkII due to another quality issue and I too am starting too wonder if Marantz has some problems with manufacturing quality control in Vietnam. Sure wish these were still coming out of Japan. I'm thinking of switching over to the new Anthem AVM 60.

One thought... are you using a mono trigger cable ? I have had issues in the past when using a typical stereo mini jack cable, but usually the issue was that the stereo cable simply did not work. Just to be safe, I now always use a mono trigger cable.
I am using the Mono Cable.
post #6319 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 08:54 AM

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Quoted: 5622 Post(s)
Liked: 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by antennahead View Post
Quote:
Well, I don't go to THAT extreme I turn my 7702 off every time, along with my source components and pj of course...I just leave my AMPS on
I leave my main amps on at all times, along with my zone 2 amp as well. I leave the sub amp off while not in use. I got my 7703 I guess two months back and it hasn't been turned off once since it went in the rack either.... Makes it easy to walk in the door after a long day and just "Press play" to get some music going It's quite nice....

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #6320 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam100 View Post
Hi everyone - I'm a long-time lurker but first-time poster. I apologize if this has been covered somewhere, but I searched the forum and this thread and could not find the answer.

I purchased an AV7702 one year ago and am considering upgrading my 1080p TV to an OLED65B6P or OLED65C6P. My plan was to also upgrade my Xbox One to an Xbox One S and use it as the hub for all my 4k HDR content. Unfortunately, I'm learning that my AV7702 will not pass an HDR signal, so I'm looking for a workaround. I've seen the HDFury box mentioned in this thread, but I'm also wondering if I can use the HDMI-ARC feature to pass sound back to the AV7702 by connecting the Xbox directly to the TV and connecting everything else through the AV7702 and then to the TV.

Can anyone confirm the ARC feature would work for this purpose? Does anyone have any idea about the pros/cons of using an HDFury versus the ARC channel versus another processor that handles HDMI 2.0a? I'm particularly interested to know whether either option will have a negative impact on sound/video quality. I really would rather not sell the AV7702 and purchase something that has HDMI 2.0a, especially since I only bought the AV7702 a year ago, but I also don't want to compromise video/sound quality.

Thanks everyone!

Sorry to bump my own question, but does anyone have any info on this? I'd love to get an HDR tv, but I can only do so if I can make the AV7702 work. Thanks!
post #6321 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam100 View Post

Thanks everyone!

You would need to check the TV's audio capability passing audio via HDMI(ARC) as many can only do STEREO while some can do DD+ 5.1, whereas using the HD Fury Integral, you'd be able to pass the multi channel DD/DTS HD audio track straight to the AVP.
post #6322 of 6584 Old 12-30-2016, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Thank you jdsmoothie for the setup tip. I'll rerun Audyssey as you suggested.
post #6323 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Would anyone here have an earlier firmware version for the AV7702 than the latest release, my unit is possibly bricked after it failed and I've been on with support all day with no avail other than it being escalated to next week someone will get back to me but I was hoping to get my hands on the previous firmware and try it.

Chad

Theater - Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva A-500 | Chane A5rx-c (LCR) | UAC-8.2 rears | Mach 5 IXL-18's | iNuke6000DSP | NVIDIA Shield TV | Epson 3500 | DIY AT Spandex 100"
Outside - Emotiva UOM-6.2

post #6324 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creimes View Post
Would anyone here have an earlier firmware version for the AV7702 than the latest release, my unit is possibly bricked after it failed and I've been on with support all day with no avail other than it being escalated to next week someone will get back to me but I was hoping to get my hands on the previous firmware and try it.

Chad
Have you done a "network reset" by powering off the AVP and then while pressing the UP/DOWN ARROW buttons, power on the AVP, holding the two ARROW buttons for about 4-5 seconds?
post #6325 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Have you done a "network reset" by powering off the AVP and then while pressing the UP/DOWN ARROW buttons, power on the AVP, holding the two ARROW buttons for about 4-5 seconds?
I just tried it and that does nothing, the arrow buttons are a 4 way rocker so pushing the up and down basically pushes the left and right down as well

Theater - Emotiva XMC-1 | Emotiva A-500 | Chane A5rx-c (LCR) | UAC-8.2 rears | Mach 5 IXL-18's | iNuke6000DSP | NVIDIA Shield TV | Epson 3500 | DIY AT Spandex 100"

post #6326 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 12:16 PM

That whole cluster of buttons isn't responding, the arrows, setup, enter and back all do nothing from the front panel and via the remote, and I have tried the reset using the Game and A-DSX while powering on and also the Movie and Music buttons while powering on with no avail

post #6327 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 12:20 PM

post #6328 of 6584 Old 12-31-2016, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Level issues

i have a 7702mkii and something weird started going on a couple days ago. After rerunning auddysey , I noticed that it set my right speaker 6db lower than my left. The biggest difference in the past was always 1.0 db to .5 db, so I knew something was up. I ran it again, and same result. I went ahead and left it like that. I put in some familiar concert dvd's and played them in HD master Audio. Everything sounded good. I then switched to stereo mode with my remote which I've done plenty of times and the right speaker became much louder than the left. If I went to manual setup /speaker level, I got the same results with my SPL meter. I decided to do a factory Reset and when it came back up, I had the same results. Any suggestions or do I need to seek service? I owned the 7702 before this, and I've never had any issues. I'm very familiar with how to operate everything, so I'm pretty certain that It's not any kind of user error. Thanks for any suggestions
post #6329 of 6584 Old 01-01-2017, 08:56 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
i have a 7702mkii and something weird started going on a couple days ago. After rerunning auddysey , I noticed that it set my right speaker 6db lower than my left. The biggest difference in the past was always 1.0 db to .5 db, so I knew something was up. I ran it again, and same result. I went ahead and left it like that. I put in some familiar concert dvd's and played them in HD master Audio. Everything sounded good. I then switched to stereo mode with my remote which I've done plenty of times and the right speaker became much louder than the left. If I went to manual setup /speaker level, I got the same results with my SPL meter. I decided to do a factory Reset and when it came back up, I had the same results. Any suggestions or do I need to seek service? I owned the 7702 before this, and I've never had any issues. I'm very familiar with how to operate everything, so I'm pretty certain that It's not any kind of user error. Thanks for any suggestions
There's a possibility that something has failed in the speaker. Swap the speaker connections at the back of the receiver and re-run the calibration. If the problem follows the speaker (moves from what the receiver thought was the right front to the one it now thinks is the left), then the problem is in the speaker (perhaps the midrange driver or a solder connection in its crossover circuit has failed). If the problem stays with the speaker that the receiver thinks is the right front, then the problem is in the receiver.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #6330 of 6584 Old 01-01-2017, 09:02 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
There's a possibility that something has failed in the speaker. Swap the speaker connections at the back of the receiver and re-run the calibration. If the problem follows the speaker (moves from what the receiver thought was the right front to the one it now thinks is the left), then the problem is in the speaker (perhaps the midrange driver or a solder connection in its crossover circuit has failed). If the problem stays with the speaker that the receiver thinks is the right front, then the problem is in the receiver.
Thanks for that. yes, i have trouble shot that already. I also swapped the balanced cables on the left/right channels to see if it could possible be the amplifier. When i did that it moved to the other side. thats telling me something is wrong with the processor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
AV7702

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page