AVS Forum banner

Marantz SR7008 flashing red light

15K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Frank123 
#1 · (Edited)
It was working fine yesterday but now it refuses to switch on for more than 5 seconds. It automatically shuts off with a blinking red, power light. I tried to do factory reset but it didn't work. The same thing happened 2 months ago and they have the whole HDMI board replaced. I am not sure why it happened again as the amp if well-ventilated and shouldn't show any signs of overheating. Any inputs?

Update:
1) Tried dismantling all cables... didn't work
2) Tried to do a factory reset again by unplugging the main power cord... didn't work
3) Tried to do a factory reset again by pressing 2 buttons as indicated in the manual... didn't work
4) Tried a different power source... didn't work

#3 ·
^^
Fast blinking light (2/sec) generally means loose speaker wire touching another post, playing 4-ohm speakers too loud, or amp failure.

Slow blinking light (1/2 sec) generally means a ventilation issue.

Disconnect all wires from the unit. If it still powers off when connected directly to a wall outlet (ie. not going through a UPS or switch) then it will likely have to go back for repair as no way to "roll back" the firmware. :(

#4 ·
Thanks for the tip. Mine blinks around 1 per sec and i am 90% sure that ventilation is not an issue. Since i've returned once just less than 2 mths, the marantz has plenty of upper 10inches and back space of at least 5inches. I am also using a USB fan to aid the airflow.

Problem is how i can be sure this won't happen again in the future even after they repaired it. I am not sure if the HDMI board is the problem to start with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.