Question on ATMOS speaker setup - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 10-16-2014, 05:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question on ATMOS speaker setup

I currently have two front bookshelf speakers, center speaker and the 4 surround speakers are in the ceiling. Can I put the ATMOS speakers in the ceiling with the others? Will it be much of a difference since my surrounds are already in the ceiling?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-16-2014, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1781 Post(s)
Liked: 1764
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKOSH View Post
I currently have two front bookshelf speakers, center speaker and the 4 surround speakers are in the ceiling. Can I put the ATMOS speakers in the ceiling with the others? Will it be much of a difference since my surrounds are already in the ceiling?

This topic (and pretty much everything else to do with Atmos) is covered in the Atmos thread, but the short answer is yes you can put them there, but it will not function properly and you would not be pleased with the results. For Atmos to function properly, all of your surround speakers need to be down at, or slightly above ear level on the horizontal plane to give the most separation possible between them and the Atmos speakers that are in the ceiling or high up on the wall.
post #3 of 3 Old 10-16-2014, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus33 View Post
This topic (and pretty much everything else to do with Atmos) is covered in the Atmos thread, but the short answer is yes you can put them there, but it will not function properly and you would not be pleased with the results. For Atmos to function properly, all of your surround speakers need to be down at, or slightly above ear level on the horizontal plane to give the most separation possible between them and the Atmos speakers that are in the ceiling or high up on the wall.
That's a bummer. I thought it might not work the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page