Yamaha V677 Question? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-02-2015, 12:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Yamaha V677 Question?

I have my DTV DVR connected to HDMI 1; my BD on HDMI 2; and another player hooked to HDMI 3.
When I watch TV, I leave the receiver in standby and adjust volume with TV, and when I watch a BD, the receiver is powered up
and switched to the HDMI 2 input.
My issue is when I switch back to the TV and receiver is shut down, it stays on the HDMI 2 input and I have to dig out the receivers remote to switch back to HDMI 1. (I use a Logitech harmony one for everything). My older receiver would automatically default back to the HDMI 1 input when it was put in standby. I don't see this feature on the Yamaha.
Am I stuck having to manual switch the receiver inputs every time, or is there something in the set-up I am missing?

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-02-2015, 01:38 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
While I can't understand why anyone would listen to anything via tv speakers , why don't you just create an activity in your Harmony remote to do each setup? Why would you need another remote to do something like just switching hdmi either? Just use the Harmony in device mode if you don't want to setup an activity? I don't think any of my avrs defaulted to a particular hdmi input, and with a simple power on would simply use the last used but I use Harmony remotes to simply turn on/off and use appropriate inputs/outputs....
post #3 of 4 Old 01-02-2015, 01:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
While I can't understand why anyone would listen to anything via tv speakers , why don't you just create an activity in your Harmony remote to do each setup? Why would you need another remote to do something like just switching hdmi either? Just use the Harmony in device mode if you don't want to setup an activity? I don't think any of my avrs defaulted to a particular hdmi input, and with a simple power on would simply use the last used but I use Harmony remotes to simply turn on/off and use appropriate inputs/outputs....
I only use receiver with TV when watching sports, not everything, so the TV speakers work just fine for that.
My last 2 receivers (Denon/Pioneer) would both default back to HDMI 1 input when put in standby.
The Harmony won't control the receiver once its put back to standby, so can't use this option.

Just looking to see if anyone that ACTUALLY has this receiver knows if this is an option.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 01-02-2015, 02:22 PM

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4802
Quote:
Originally Posted by sac130e View Post
I only use receiver with TV when watching sports, not everything, so the TV speakers work just fine for that.
My last 2 receivers (Denon/Pioneer) would both default back to HDMI 1 input when put in standby.
The Harmony won't control the receiver once its put back to standby, so can't use this option.

Just looking to see if anyone that ACTUALLY has this receiver knows if this is an option.

Thx
So this is just to avoid powering on the avr to switch settings? I'm sure your Harmony can achieve the power on/off as needed for the settings you want, but....

This is probably the thread you need to post in if the info is not in your manual https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...14-models.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page