Denon 1912 watching HDMI video and listening to vinyl simultaneously - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-30-2015, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon 1912 watching HDMI video and listening to vinyl simultaneously

Is this possible? When I used Zone 2 it only plays out my 2 rear surrounds... obviously I am not setting it up correctly with the inputs but is it even possible to split the HDMI and the RCA signals via the receiver? I mind as well just buy another HDMI cable and hook up my other computer to the tv because there is so much confusion surrounding the splitting of HDMI video and using RCA to listen to my turntable. Please let me know any tips and thanks so much guys! Happy listening...

P.S. I know now not to buy another receiver for 2.0 only. At first this sounded like a good idea but wiring the same set of speakers to 2 different AMPs is apparently a big, dangeous no-no.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-30-2015, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
You can use the "video select" in the setup to do this. In the setup menu its under Inputs, then Video.

If you have surround backs connected to your system you will also want to set the Amp Assign from Zone2 to Normal in the setup menu. System Setup--->Speaker Setup--->Amp Assign
post #3 of 3 Old 01-30-2015, 03:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by soblivion View Post
You can use the "video select" in the setup to do this. In the setup menu its under Inputs, then Video.

If you have surround backs connected to your system you will also want to set the Amp Assign from Zone2 to Normal in the setup menu. System Setup--->Speaker Setup--->Amp Assign
Thanks for the help but I don't think its possible to split and use the HDMI video and the RCA turntable audio with this Denon 1912. It will POSSIBLY let me split analog video and use my turntable as the music but... who the hell has analog video anymore? Pretty lame for $500 piece of equipment. I tried fiddling around with those steps you provided but it won't let me select any digital (HDMI) inputs under "video select" when i have my turntable playing; it will only let me select analog ones. Oh well. Thanks for the assistance man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page