I currently own a Seiki 4K HDTV and Pionner VSX-1123K. I have just purchased and returned the following Receivers...
1. Onkyo TX-N636. Returned due to defective Transformer.
2. Yamaha RX-V677. I did not like the Interface and lack of Individual Speaker Adjustments (I have Paradigm Reference Studio 20 Towers and Reference Studio CC-470 Center for Fronts and Bi-Polar ADP-170s for Rears. I need to set Cross Overs at 60HZ and 150HZ respectfully).
3. Denon AVR-S900W. Defective front panel USB/HDMI input.
...here's what I am looking for...
1. Music first. I predominantly listen to FLAC files through a USB Hard Drive (1 TB). The Onkyo actually displayed the ID3 Tags (Album Covers) but would not play FLAC 24/192 nor DSF Files through the USB port. The Yamaha would not play DSF Files nor display Album Art for any Files other than MP3. The Denon simply did not work. The Pioneer plays all, but there is no Repeat function nor does it Display ID3 Tags correctly.
2. Independent Cross Overs. I need to set the Cross Overs for the Front and Rear Speakers (at a minimum) separately. The Yamaha had Global Settings. The Onkyo and Denon Receivers were defective.
3. Dynamic Range. I usually defeat any Processing. Again, 2 Channel is my priority and I want to be able to defeat any Processing or set the Processing to "Flat" in most Instances. I will not be using Audyssey Dynamic EQ, etc. The Onkyo and Yamaha Receivers seemed to be much more Dynamic (Powerful) than the Denon.
4. A minimum of 5 HDMI Inputs and 1 USB Port.
5. My Seiki is 4K but only at 30HZ. I have the Seiki Up Conversion Cable so I need to only pass and/or convert 1080p/24HZ to the TV. The Yamaha (set to Direct) seemed to pass the "cleanest" signal of the 3. The Denon and Onkyo seemed to soften the Picture (set to Direct or Bypass as well).
1. Yamaha RXA-830. Does this Model have separate Cross Over Settings and will it play back 24/192 FLAC Files from the USB input? The Yamaha FAQ says it does not Display On Screen?
2. Yamaha RXA-1030. As above but with ESS DACs. Is there an audible difference?
3. Denon AVR-X3100W. Only concern here is Dynamics/Power.
...any thoughts or insight would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.