The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 123 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4140Likes

Old 04-15-2017, 09:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Anthem Remote Control App

Quote:
Originally Posted by awa61 View Post
I sent Anthem an e-mail a couple days asking about updates for the remote apps for Android and Apple. Sadly no response. I guess I'll keep my fitbit on when I have to head to the basement to turn zone 2 on/off.

Andy
Some good news. I received feedback from Anthem support. They are just about finished with the Android app. They sent me beta copies of the Android app, Play-Fi App and firmware for the AVM 60. So far everything seems to be working as intended.

Andy
mamsterla likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-99 View Post
Nothing there for me. I'm planning to stay put unless someone sees a compelling reason to upgrade?

Still trying to get my head around soundbar support with an AVM 60. Curious...

This is not AVM60 related, the update is for the ARC software itself which is universal for all the recent paradigm anthem/products. It's not a firmware update for the AVM60.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 301 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by awa61 View Post
Some good news. I received feedback from Anthem support. They are just about finished with the Android app. They sent me beta copies of the Android app, Play-Fi App and firmware for the AVM 60. So far everything seems to be working as intended.

Andy

What are the update?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2017, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

I would like suggestions on how to integrate my Auralic Vega with the avm60. I would like to use the Auralic to play my digital music. Is there a way to stream from dts-Play-Fi through the avm60 to my Auralac? I was using a mac book with a analog switch bypassing my umc-200

Old 04-16-2017, 11:23 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
I would like suggestions on how to integrate my Auralic Vega with the avm60. I would like to use the Auralic to play my digital music. Is there a way to stream from dts-Play-Fi through the avm60 to my Auralac? I was using a mac book with a analog switch bypassing my umc-200

I'm not sure you can, but I've never tried. The AVM60 acts as a PlayFi end-point. I don't think there is a way to have the AVM60 not do the DA conversion, and bitstream/passthrough to the Vega.

LG 65E6P | Parasound A51 | Anthem AVM 60 | B&W 803D, HTM2D2 | Anticables
Oppo UDP-203 for transport | Clearaudio Performance DC Wood for analogue | Mac mini for streaming
Roon for music catalogue | Plex for video catalogue
Old 04-16-2017, 05:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Harrington View Post
I'm not sure you can, but I've never tried. The AVM60 acts as a PlayFi end-point. I don't think there is a way to have the AVM60 not do the DA conversion, and bitstream/passthrough to the Vega.

That's what I was afraid of

Old 04-16-2017, 08:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 251
Quote:
Nothing there for me. I'm planning to stay put unless someone sees a compelling reason to upgrade?

Still trying to get my head around soundbar support with an AVM 60. Curious...

Anthem and Paradigm make other products that use ARC and the ARC software, including powered speakers and a soundbar. The same software is used for all of these devices.

Steve Goff
Old 04-17-2017, 08:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 820 Post(s)
Liked: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Goff View Post
Anthem and Paradigm make other products that use ARC and the ARC software, including powered speakers and a soundbar. The same software is used for all of these devices.
Steve Goff / duckymomo -- thanks for bringing some clarity to this. For whatever reason, I thought ARC was limited to the high end Anthem receivers, the AVM 60 and the D2v 3D. I see it's also part of the Paradigm PW AMP. Interesting... looks like I need to do some reading on the Paradigm site.
Old 04-17-2017, 12:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 2791 Post(s)
Liked: 1754
Quote:
Steve Goff / duckymomo -- thanks for bringing some clarity to this. For whatever reason, I thought ARC was limited to the high end Anthem receivers, the AVM 60 and the D2v 3D. I see it's also part of the Paradigm PW AMP. Interesting... looks like I need to do some reading on the Paradigm site.
Yep, PW800 too, and ARC works really well for this little unit!

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
Old 04-17-2017, 12:08 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckymomo View Post
This is not AVM60 related, the update is for the ARC software itself which is universal for all the recent paradigm anthem/products. It's not a firmware update for the AVM60.
My kids watched all the Phineas and Ferb and I love the handle duckymomo. I hope Candice takes good care of you.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - Dual HK Citation 7.1 - Lintwitz Orion Mains - Dynaudio Contour Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
Old 04-17-2017, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 442 Post(s)
Liked: 194
What was the update to ARC they just put out?
Old 04-17-2017, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 833 Post(s)
Liked: 667
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsterla View Post
my kids watched all the phineas and ferb and i love the handle duckymomo. I hope candice takes good care of you.
mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mamsterla likes this.
Old 04-18-2017, 06:08 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougAP View Post
So, I've lived with my AVM60 for a week now and I'm very impressed. On balance I prefer it to my previous 8802 - it has a much more controlled sound.

One thing I can't seem to sort out so far, is that it does tend to sound quite bright/thin at times and can cause fatigue over the course of a movie. I'm wondering if this is down to the combination with MK S150s. Is anyone else running the AVM60 with MK speakers and finding the same? Any thoughts on how to address this? I'd prefer not to simply dial down the treble, although may give that a try tonight.

Also, do people normally run their ARC target as "flat" for their subs? I was advised to, and the target curve shows a flatter sub 30Hz target as a result. Is it a good idea to use the flat setting? ARC doesn't default to it - I was wondering why not.
I had heard AVM60+Lexicon ZX7+MK S150s once for hours, quite bright/thin sound compare to my AVM60+QSC DCA+Klipsch KL650s.

And I also prefer ARC target as "flat" and EQ cut off from 20Hz(default is 15Hz) for my sub Rythmik FV15HP, should be more low frequency gain on 20~30Hz my system.

MyAv [email protected]
Anthem AVM60/QSC DCA 1644*3/BDP-S780/Viewsonic pro8200/Klipsch UltraII/Rythmik FV15HP
Old 04-18-2017, 06:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1167 Post(s)
Liked: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsin_N View Post
What was the update to ARC they just put out?
See this post. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post52227601
Jsin_N likes this.

"What do you mean it's too loud? My ears aren't even bleeding yet!"
Dedicated ARC Genesis Thread
Old 04-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Advanced Member

The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread

Looks like I'm going to have to buy the Auralic Aeries and pass it through the analog in on the avm60 the use pass through

Old 04-18-2017, 10:38 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 6874 Post(s)
Liked: 15452
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Anyone know why the Auto Off option is greyed out and defaulted to 20 minutes? Can this be changed any way?

Thanks
I'm curious why you went back to the Anthem? I believe this is your third one. Not trying to be a smart ass, just genuinely curious. PM me if you want.
kmayerkmayer likes this.

Old 04-18-2017, 10:42 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 3054 Post(s)
Liked: 2004
The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I'm curious why you went back to the Anthem? I believe this is your third one. Not trying to be a smart ass, just genuinely curious. PM me if you want.

I'm also interested. Too be honest the Anthem has been on my radar for awhile. Just not sure about taking the plunge.

Is anthem getting the Dolby Vision upgrade ?

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Old 04-19-2017, 01:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 2286 Post(s)
Liked: 2794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
I'm also interested. Too be honest the Anthem has been on my radar for awhile. Just not sure about taking the plunge.

Ok! Ok! I'll admit to beining curious as well

Last edited by audiofan1; 04-19-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 04:35 AM

Quoted: 3054 Post(s)
Liked: 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiofan1 View Post

Ok! Ok! I'll admit to beining curious as well

Well that makes 3 interested parties

God Bless,
Frank (直率的)(فرانك)(franc)(lantad)
Old 04-19-2017, 06:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:

I too am on my 2nd anthem after going back and forth with the marantz av8802a. After deciding the room correction on the marantz was not sufficient I tried to add dirac live with an additional component. I was not impressed with the results and felt the overhead to get marginal improvement ( not to mention no atmos correction) was ultimately a deal breaker. Having gone back to Anthem I am overly excited how well after correction it made my room sound. There are indeed some detail I had missed with the combo I had prior... I decided once Anthem got the DTSX update it was time to come back home . I cannot believe how much better curve responses I am getting with ARC compared to Dirac. Mind you I was still learning Dirac and it does have additional tweaking options arc does not have. But for a one box solution this is hard to beat for the price.

Don
Anthem AVM-60,Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Five-Channel Power Amplifier, Emotiva XPA-1l x2,Outlaw 5000. Rhythmik DIY 15inch x2, Plus, Magnapan 3.7i, Magnepan CC5,Magnepan MC1,JVC RS400, DIY 125" 2:35 Elite Screen cinegray 3d .
Old 04-19-2017, 06:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 142
Quote:
Well that makes 3 interested parties

maybe he is using it for a bedroom solution I had thought he went the way of the mcintosh mx160...

Don
Anthem AVM-60,Sunfire Cinema Grand Signature Five-Channel Power Amplifier, Emotiva XPA-1l x2,Outlaw 5000. Rhythmik DIY 15inch x2, Plus, Magnapan 3.7i, Magnepan CC5,Magnepan MC1,JVC RS400, DIY 125" 2:35 Elite Screen cinegray 3d .
Old 04-19-2017, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 480 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
Personally I never felt DLNA was a great solution.. particular in the high res music space.. I prefer streaming high resolution from a third party device like bluesound. I get why some like dlna etc.. but Anthem cut cost by making this a sound first solution. I agree with their approach.

DLNA works great for me, I have Asset upnp installed on my main pc, I point the program to the external hard drive I have plugged in with my lossless audio. I tell asset to transcode it to .wav and bingo any device on my home network that can see a DLNA server can now play all of my audio wirelessly and losslessly. couldn't be more simple.

Not sure why Anthem went down this awkward app dependence route casting route when it could have just made it a DLNA native client

Last edited by swanlee; 04-19-2017 at 07:16 AM.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1033 Post(s)
Liked: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlynch34 View Post
I too am on my 2nd anthem after going back and forth with the marantz av8802a. After deciding the room correction on the marantz was not sufficient I tried to add dirac live with an additional component. I was not impressed with the results and felt the overhead to get marginal improvement ( not to mention no atmos correction) was ultimately a deal breaker. Having gone back to Anthem I am overly excited how well after correction it made my room sound. There are indeed some detail I had missed with the combo I had prior... I decided once Anthem got the DTSX update it was time to come back home . I cannot believe how much better curve responses I am getting with ARC compared to Dirac. Mind you I was still learning Dirac and it does have additional tweaking options arc does not have. But for a one box solution this is hard to beat for the price.
I share Don's sentiments. I went from an MRX-510, to an SR6010 + Dirac 88a/bm, and now back to an MRX-720. I'm much happier now with Anthem and ARC. One could argue that I didn't 'tinker' enough with the Dirac to get what I liked, but that's part of why I don't like Dirac in the first place.
dlynch34 likes this.
Old 04-19-2017, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Harrington View Post
Quote:

You can add one of the new MartinLogan products to add Play-Fi capability. I think the product name is Unison and it acts as a Play-Fi preamp that you could then feed to the AVM 60
Old 04-19-2017, 04:37 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post
You can add one of the new MartinLogan products to add Play-Fi capability. I think the product name is Unison and it acts as a Play-Fi preamp that you could then feed to the AVM 60

The problem is the Auralic is a preamp and I want to take advantage of its femto clocks its honestly the most analog dac I've ever heard. So I may have to look into the Auralic Aeries to feed the Vega and just use the pass through on avm60 although it would be nice to have ARC

Old 04-19-2017, 04:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thxtheater View Post
The problem is the Auralic is a preamp and I want to take advantage of its femto clocks its honestly the most analog dac I've ever heard. So I may have to look into the Auralic Aeries to feed the Vega and just use the pass through on avm60 although it would be nice to have ARC

That's ok. The Unison is designed to be used as a stand alone preamp or bring steaming to existing systems. The Unison has analog and Toslink outputs so you could play DTS Play-Fi to the Unison and output via toslink to your Auralec.

Take a peek at it. I think it solves your problem nicely. Plus you get Apple AirPlay as an added bonus.
Old 04-19-2017, 05:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 3687 Post(s)
Liked: 3279
Quote:

I would love to try the AES output on that Auralic to see if it's better than my Sonos Connect. Just not willing to spend $1500 to find out that it isn't.

You anywhere near NJ?

Edit: Nevermind, I see CA in your sig
Old 04-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Advanced Member

The Aeries mini is about $500 might be worth a try

Old 04-20-2017, 09:06 AM

Quoted: 185 Post(s)
Liked: 91
Are they much of a difference for sound quality between the Anthem AVM-60 and the Anthem 720. Thanks

AV Lexicon GX 7, Anthem MRX-720, Oppo 203, Panasonic UB420, Xbox one x, PS4 pro, TV LG 55C6, 65 C8,OLED. HD projector 106 Jvc X5000 X550, Sub Paradigm signature sub1, Speakers monitor audio platinum PL200 PLC150, Dali phantom ikon in wall & 4 phantom kompas 6m in ceiling speakers, 5.1.4 Atmos
Old 04-20-2017, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nucky View Post
Are they much of a difference for sound quality between the Anthem AVM-60 and the Anthem 720. Thanks
The difference in sound quality is solely in the amps. The preamp section is, for all intensive purposes, identical. If you have hard to drive speakers with tough loads then you'll be better off with external amps and the AVM 60. If you don't care much about the amps and think that the on-board amps are fine then the MRX is a good choice. .
Nugget likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread