The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 23 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4140Likes

post #661 of 9518 Old 02-19-2016, 02:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkohman View Post
For what it's worth.. I have had the Yamaha CX-A5100, Marantz 8802A for demo in my own lounge and out of the two I prefered the Yamaha. I sent both of them back when I heard that Anthem was releasing a new processor and I was advised by my dealer who had also heard the Anthem (Demo) at the time that it was a step up from the Yamaha.

I have had the Anthem for over a week now and watched a couple of movies. Before anyone shoots me, let me make this clear..This is only my personal opinion.. Out of all the Three, the Anthem is hands down the best sounding processor. It's clean, dynamic and bass is tight.. I think the main reason for this is probably the ARC room eq. It is build like a tank and has quality components. Whilst the hottest was the Marantz in terms of getting hot after watching a movie at -15db, the Yamaha would slightly get warm and the Anthem cold even after 2 x movies at -15 db back to back..

So for me the Anthem was well worth the wait .. I had to wait approx 3 months and was without any processor during this time. If anyone is interested in my review for the Yamaha or the Marantz please check out my review here:
https://www.avforums.com/threads/mar...otout.1993179/
Hope this will help anyone who is on the fence with either of these products.. I am sorry if I have ruffled any feathers but this is my honest opinion
Yes this helps a lot for me. I have a Marantz AV7702 and now I am looking at this processor. I also have considered the Yamaha. Its nice to hear from someone that has had experience with all 3 brands. I use REW to set-up my subs, (which also has ALLDSP EQ built in the amps), so the ARC would be right up my ally. I like tinkering with things to get the most out of something.

I think I may wait a while and see if there are any or many people with issues that causes the unit to be sent it for repair. Also, wait and see if every ones bugs gets worked out. But this unit is on top of my list so far.
Thanks again for your review.
mkohman likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 9518 Old 02-19-2016, 07:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm coming from a Denon 4520 paired with a Emotive XPA5 and there is a distinct improvement with the AVM60. The sound is just much more detailed. I thought the Denon was a good improvement over my Newcastle R972 so this beats them both. After about 10 hours of listening to multiple sources(Blu Ray, CD, and Vinyl) my main issue is the lack of bass with ARC.

For instance, I just put in David Gilmore - Live at Royal Albert Hall. The bass out of my GE Triton 1s should really hit me on the opening of Time. Its just not there like I would expect. There must be some sort of custom EQ setting in the bass management menu that I need to tweak. If I shut ARC off then back comes the bass like I want. With Audyssey XT32 I would often bypass the L and R speakers to give me the bass I want.

So am I just looking for more bottom end than everyone else? Or will the AVM 60 deliver what I want with some more tweaking?
post #663 of 9518 Old 02-19-2016, 08:57 PM

Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
For what it's worth.. I have had the Yamaha CX-A5100, Marantz 8802A for demo in my own lounge and out of the two I prefered the Yamaha. I sent both of them back when I heard that Anthem was releasing a new processor and I was advised by my dealer who had also heard the Anthem (Demo) at the time that it was a step up from the Yamaha.

I have had the Anthem for over a week now and watched a couple of movies. Before anyone shoots me, let me make this clear..This is only my personal opinion.. Out of all the Three, the Anthem is hands down the best sounding processor. It's clean, dynamic and bass is tight.. I think the main reason for this is probably the ARC room eq. It is build like a tank and has quality components. Whilst the hottest was the Marantz in terms of getting hot after watching a movie at -15db, the Yamaha would slightly get warm and the Anthem cold even after 2 x movies at -15 db back to back..

So for me the Anthem was well worth the wait .. I had to wait approx 3 months and was without any processor during this time. If anyone is interested in my review for the Yamaha or the Marantz please check out my review here:
https://www.avforums.com/threads/mar...otout.1993179/
Hope this will help anyone who is on the fence with either of these products.. I am sorry if I have ruffled any feathers but this is my honest opinion
To test 3 different preamps is an ideal approach. I can not reply this model, because dealers do not have this demo and to buy online and send them back has some drawbacks in my oppinion. Anyway, is not a practice were I am living.

I have read all notes in this forum and the winner is Anthem AVM 60 versus other pre due to the quality of Sound. My power is A5 and this is reason Why I am leaning to AVM 60.
The production with 220volts version is going to be available at the end of March. Hence, you were lucky with 3 weeks Waiting for AVM 60, 3 months in my case.
Till then, I hope to have an item with a soft without issues (now Bugs are still present reported by forum colleagues).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #664 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuch569 View Post
After about 10 hours of listening to multiple sources(Blu Ray, CD, and Vinyl) my main issue is the lack of bass with ARC. ... There must be some sort of custom EQ setting in the bass management menu that I need to tweak.
This first impression isn't unusual. By equalizing in-room response of every bass note, ARC removes boominess which you may be accustomed to especially if your red sub curve shows a large peak or two. Leave ARC on for a week and you may never go back. If you still prefer more bass, change Room Gain to 6 dB in one of the speaker profile targets (then click OK, Calculate, Upload), insert a new input in the setup menu and assign this profile, and compare sound while switching between the two inputs. Changing room gain changes the subwoofer level while maintaining proper transition from mains to sub (better than increasing sub level alone or using bass control).

The most important noise floor is in your head. Always remember to protect your hearing.
post #665 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 237 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi all,

I'm about to jump in on the AVM 60 with the new XPA 5 Gen 3 Emotiva amp. Aside from waiting for the new amp to be released which I think is very soon, i want to make sure everything is working correctly with the avm 60. I have the JVC RS500 with a kalidescape ALTO and a 4k Strato on the way. I hope their will not be any issues...Just not sure how long I should wait for the small bugs to be fixed...
post #666 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Hello Nick/all, I posted this on the MRX thread as well.
I have had my MRX1120 for over a month now and absolutely love it! I have a question about the DTS play Fi. When I use the app and stream Hi Rez 96k +(Flac), HD tracks from my Laptop the amp says 44kh when I hit the info button. Why is it not receiving the proper resolution?

Regards
Jeff
post #667 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 10:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 251
I guess I'll post this again in hopes of getting a response: does the AVM 60 need an update to be fully HDMI 2.0a compliant, given the difficult some folks are having getting it to pass signals from 4K devices?

Steve Goff
post #668 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 02:05 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike RO View Post
To test 3 different preamps is an ideal approach. I can not reply this model, because dealers do not have this demo and to buy online and send them back has some drawbacks in my oppinion. Anyway, is not a practice were I am living.

I have read all notes in this forum and the winner is Anthem AVM 60 versus other pre due to the quality of Sound. My power is A5 and this is reason Why I am leaning to AVM 60.
The production with 220volts version is going to be available at the end of March. Hence, you were lucky with 3 weeks Waiting for AVM 60, 3 months in my case.
Till then, I hope to have an item with a soft without issues (now Bugs are still present reported by forum colleagues).

If you back track and read my notes, I said I had to wait for 3 months not 3 weeks lol so we are on the same boat!
post #669 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Great to learn the way for ARC to increase bass by add room gain.
Does decrease max EQ frequency also change the EQ profile?
post #670 of 9518 Old 02-20-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
If you back track and read my notes, I said I had to wait for 3 months not 3 weeks lol so we are on the same boat!
True
post #671 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Chen View Post
Great to learn the way for ARC to increase bass by add room gain.
Does decrease max EQ frequency also change the EQ profile?
Here is a article that explains room gain in more depth if anyone is interested.
http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/a...system-part-1/

Room Gain
Room Gain is an option on the advanced control option in the control panel shown at the beginning of this review.
The room dominates the response of the speaker in the absence of electrical room equalization (a topic discussed in my article titled Subwoofers: A Brief Look at the Effectiveness of Using a Subwoofer in a Music System). The room gain is an increase in the average response below 200Hz relative to the mid-band response (average 300Hz -2kHz). A room has no genuine gain; a better term is preservation of pressure (term developed by Tom Nousaine as explained in my article noted above).
As you see from the measured data above, when the low end frequency response variations are reduced, the amount of bass energy in the room goes down. Some people would like some of that energy restored, finding the corrected room lacks bass post correction. The ARC Room Gain panel adjustment is designed to restore the bass energy some people believe is missing.
Some room EQs attempt to simulate the room gain by supplying a shelf to the equalization curve around 200Hz with an increase of ~2dB below 200Hz. The Anthem is much more sophisticated in that it can vary the frequency at which the shelf begins, vary the limit of the response increase below the shelf, and vary the frequency of the roll-off of the woofer. The figure below shows what happens when ARC Room Gain is applied.

In this example the “Auto Detect” function was used. With Auto Detect, ARC calculates the value of ARC Room Gain parameter to most closely match the room’s pre-correction characteristics while still maintain a smooth bass contour. Note that the Response Cutoff control option was moved from flat to 70Hz. ARC also uses this option to shape the overall bass response to match the pre-correct response. Response cutoff applies a 2nd order Butterworth filter at the frequency entered. Response Cutoff has a different function when a subwoofer is deployed as we will see in Part II of this review.
Subjectively, I am not a fan of room gain. If the goal is to reproduce what was heard at a live event, why would I want to add a bass boost that is a property of the small room I am listening in? One could call this the “we are at the event” perspective. The alternative perspective is the “performers are here in the listening room”. Perhaps this is plausible for a very small group but even a chamber orchestra has no chance of fitting into even a very large living room. The takeaway is you do not have to agree with me. ARC allows you to pick both options, and you can adjust it for something down the middle just by changing the panel settings.

post #672 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red99 View Post
Here is a article that explains room gain in more depth if anyone is interested.
http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/a...system-part-1/

Room Gain
Room Gain is an option on the advanced control option in the control panel shown at the beginning of this review.
The room dominates the response of the speaker in the absence of electrical room equalization (a topic discussed in my article titled Subwoofers: A Brief Look at the Effectiveness of Using a Subwoofer in a Music System). The room gain is an increase in the average response below 200Hz relative to the mid-band response (average 300Hz -2kHz). A room has no genuine gain; a better term is preservation of pressure (term developed by Tom Nousaine as explained in my article noted above).
As you see from the measured data above, when the low end frequency response variations are reduced, the amount of bass energy in the room goes down. Some people would like some of that energy restored, finding the corrected room lacks bass post correction. The ARC Room Gain panel adjustment is designed to restore the bass energy some people believe is missing.
Some room EQs attempt to simulate the room gain by supplying a shelf to the equalization curve around 200Hz with an increase of ~2dB below 200Hz. The Anthem is much more sophisticated in that it can vary the frequency at which the shelf begins, vary the limit of the response increase below the shelf, and vary the frequency of the roll-off of the woofer. The figure below shows what happens when ARC Room Gain is applied.

In this example the “Auto Detect” function was used. With Auto Detect, ARC calculates the value of ARC Room Gain parameter to most closely match the room’s pre-correction characteristics while still maintain a smooth bass contour. Note that the Response Cutoff control option was moved from flat to 70Hz. ARC also uses this option to shape the overall bass response to match the pre-correct response. Response cutoff applies a 2nd order Butterworth filter at the frequency entered. Response Cutoff has a different function when a subwoofer is deployed as we will see in Part II of this review.
Subjectively, I am not a fan of room gain. If the goal is to reproduce what was heard at a live event, why would I want to add a bass boost that is a property of the small room I am listening in? One could call this the “we are at the event” perspective. The alternative perspective is the “performers are here in the listening room”. Perhaps this is plausible for a very small group but even a chamber orchestra has no chance of fitting into even a very large living room. The takeaway is you do not have to agree with me. ARC allows you to pick both options, and you can adjust it for something down the middle just by changing the panel settings.
Thanks for link, very professional review. If I buy AVM 60, I will read again. I hope calibration not to be so difficult as it looks like. I have understood (review, posts here...) that in the final the owner is pleased with the results.
post #673 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 10:58 AM

All,

I cannot decide what to get...I'm either going to purchase the Anthem 1120 or the AVM60 w/amp. My question, what is the biggest difference between the two? Other than price... This will strictly be a receiver/amp for my home theater. 95% movies...Thank you
post #674 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 11:04 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applemike68 View Post
what is the biggest difference between the two?
The MRX 1120 has built in amps and the AVM60 does not.

I like cars, airplanes, running, and coding || current gear: two eyes, two ears, one brain, and some other junk.
post #675 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
The MRX 1120 has built in amps and the AVM60 does not.
I knew that but if that is all that separates the two then the decision will be an easy one. I will buy the 1120 on Tuesday.

@Nugget ..I think you have the 1120, correct? Everything going okay with the unit? Any major issues? Thank you
post #676 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1972 Post(s)
Liked: 2151
Quote:
I knew that but if that is all that separates the two then the decision will be an easy one. I will buy the 1120 on Tuesday.

@Nugget ..I think you have the 1120, correct? Everything going okay with the unit? Any major issues? Thank you
I can't find my old post as I had documented the differences a few months back when I was looking at the AVM 60...might be in the MRX thread but I think the main differences are:

AVM 60 has no amps, has XLR and has upgraded A/D converters (or maybe it was D/A converters...it was one of the two). I don't think it is much else as they share the same design.
Edward Chen likes this.
post #677 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frohlich View Post
I can't find my old post as I had documented the differences a few months back when I was looking at the AVM 60...might be in the MRX thread but I think the main differences are:

AVM 60 has no amps, has XLR and has upgraded A/D converters (or maybe it was D/A converters...it was one of the two). I don't think it is much else as they share the same design.
I've read this entire thread.

Presently I own a D2, upgraded from a D1.

In the AVM 60, I like the new HDMI 2.0a and other new features of the AVM 60, but I don't want to sacrifice any of the excellent AUDIO quality of the Anthem Statement D2 and up. I own 80+ multichannel SACD's. Currently, my video display is a 10+ year old Sony Qualia 006, which I want to replace this year or next with a 4K Ultra HDR display.

I have a 7.2 speaker system, which I'm in no hurry to upgrade to 11.2.

I'm trying to decide between a new AVM 60 and a used Statement D2v23D at the same $3K price point.

Which should I choose?
post #678 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 03:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 57
If you are at all interested in Atmos, and I think you should be, then this is a no-brainer. Grow your existing 7.1 system into a 7.1.4 system using an AVM 60, four more channels of power (Anthem PVA4 or similar), and four Atmos speakers. I just sold a D1 and replaced it with an AVM 60, and haven't looked back.

Philip Springer, owner -- Apex AV Systems, Inc.
THX and ISF certified systems integration specialist
WWW:ApexAVS.com
Twitter:@ApexAVSystems
Instagram:apexavsystems
post #679 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 06:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Liked: 176
The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike RO View Post
Thanks for link, very professional review. If I buy AVM 60, I will read again. I hope calibration not to be so difficult as it looks like. I have understood (review, posts here...) that in the final the owner is pleased with the results.

It shouldn't be difficult. I have never felt the need to mess with room gain or any ARC parameters. My bass is incredible (Martin Logan Descent i sub). Just follow the measurement steps, upload and enjoy.

I do know people that have the weak bass problem in their rooms after running ARC. It depends a lot on how the room walls and floor are built. They may prefer to bump up room gain but it is very easy to do, as explained by Nick. They may also choose to upgrade the sub, speakers or amps.

"This one goes to eleven." Martin Logan Descent-i subwoofer

Last edited by AVfile; 02-21-2016 at 06:30 PM.
post #680 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
All,

I cannot decide what to get...I'm either going to purchase the Anthem 1120 or the AVM60 w/amp. My question, what is the biggest difference between the two? Other than price... This will strictly be a receiver/amp for my home theater. 95% movies...Thank you
I would guess it would depend on your room size and if their stated 140 Watts is enough for you. I had a chance to try both the 1120 and the 60, Not much difference in sound quality. Its just at realy high volumes the AMV seems to have clearer sound. But keep on mind I have the MCA 525 amp. I like my music loud, running the 1120 the fan would run. For normal movie listening I think the 1120 is a excellent choice and takes up less space then having separates.

Music can move you "with enough bass"
post #681 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 07:41 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 301
I bought a calibrated UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum Labs just before I bought the AVM60 (arriving next week) not realizing that the AVM60 comes with a calibrated microphone. Is the UMIK-1 now useless or would there be any reason to use the UMIK-1 instead of Anthem's microphone?
post #682 of 9518 Old 02-21-2016, 09:04 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 61
[QUOTE=Bluecow003;41794665]I bought a calibrated UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum Labs just before I bought the AVM60 (arriving next week) not realizing that the AVM60 comes with a calibrated microphone. Is the UMIK-1 now useless or would there be any reason to use the UMIK-1 instead of Anthem's microphone?[/QUOTE

You have to use the Anthem mic as it is calibrated for ARC. You will have to input the serial number of the mic in the setup. Easier to understand when you set it up.
post #683 of 9518 Old 02-22-2016, 07:12 AM

[quote=maxfli44;41796153]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluecow003 View Post
I bought a calibrated UMIK-1 from Cross Spectrum Labs just before I bought the AVM60 (arriving next week) not realizing that the AVM60 comes with a calibrated microphone. Is the UMIK-1 now useless or would there be any reason to use the UMIK-1 instead of Anthem's microphone?[/QUOTE

You have to use the Anthem mic as it is calibrated for ARC. You will have to input the serial number of the mic in the setup. Easier to understand when you set it up.
So then the UMIK-1 is basically useless to me. I would have guessed since the UMIK-1 essentially functions the same way and it is calibrated that it should work too unless Anthem programs the calibration file in a proprietary format for their software.
post #684 of 9518 Old 02-22-2016, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5503 Post(s)
Liked: 5317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuch569 View Post
I'm coming from a Denon 4520 paired with a Emotive XPA5 and there is a distinct improvement with the AVM60. The sound is just much more detailed. I thought the Denon was a good improvement over my Newcastle R972 so this beats them both. After about 10 hours of listening to multiple sources(Blu Ray, CD, and Vinyl) my main issue is the lack of bass with ARC.

For instance, I just put in David Gilmore - Live at Royal Albert Hall. The bass out of my GE Triton 1s should really hit me on the opening of Time. Its just not there like I would expect. There must be some sort of custom EQ setting in the bass management menu that I need to tweak. If I shut ARC off then back comes the bass like I want. With Audyssey XT32 I would often bypass the L and R speakers to give me the bass I want.

So am I just looking for more bottom end than everyone else? Or will the AVM 60 deliver what I want with some more tweaking?
I would suggest Nick's idea very first (obviously), but then, do you have your before/after results from running ARC? did it set a crossover for your Titan ones that wasnt previously there or are they still full range? Did you a see a big hump in the response down low that ARC eq'd out? You can get it back, it'll just take some work. Do you have another mic (UMIK-1, or Omnimic) that you can test the arc and non arc responses?

I have done the same for years on my marantz units (Bypass L/R or even full audyssey OFF) and found the same thing, the target curve for audyssey is dead flat, and I like some house curve starting around 200hz and down. I would likely set the "Room gain profile" as Nick suggested as high as possible. Speaking of, what is the highest possible room gain setting out of curiousity?

I am strongly considering the move from marantz. I have absolutely loved my 7702 and my room is pretty well treated so audyssey has never been a bare necessity, but the capabilities of ARC still sound like a perfect fit for my space, and the other reviews of this unit have just seemed to confirmed that.

[quote=Bluecow003;41801993]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxfli44 View Post

So then the UMIK-1 is basically useless to me. I would have guessed since the UMIK-1 essentially functions the same way and it is calibrated that it should work too unless Anthem programs the calibration file in a proprietary format for their software.
You could use your UMIK to run REW and measure results, before and after ARC, or different curves between different profiles. You can also measure decay times in your theater (which is equally if not more important than overall Freq. Response), and get a lot more in depth with REW. It's a tinkerer's dream program, but if you are just a set it and forget it type guy, then you may just want to dump the UMIK.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #685 of 9518 Old 02-22-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:

You could use your UMIK to run REW and measure results, before and after ARC, or different curves between different profiles. You can also measure decay times in your theater (which is equally if not more important than overall Freq. Response), and get a lot more in depth with REW. It's a tinkerer's dream program, but if you are just a set it and forget it type guy, then you may just want to dump the UMIK.
That's a good point. Since I haven't used ARC I didn't know if it output results like REW does, but it sounds like REW will show a lot more information. I'm planning to use a miniDSP to EQ dual subs, so I'd need the UMIK for that too, right?
post #686 of 9518 Old 02-22-2016, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 392 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5503 Post(s)
Liked: 5317
Quote:
That's a good point. Since I haven't used ARC I didn't know if it output results like REW does, but it sounds like REW will show a lot more information. I'm planning to use a miniDSP to EQ dual subs, so I'd need the UMIK for that too, right?
Absolutely.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #687 of 9518 Old 02-22-2016, 11:29 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
I also got umik-1 and miniDSP since former AVR onkyo 5008, used umik-1 by REW to fine tune bass of SUB after Audyssey XT32 run. After that I don't think I need miniDSP anymore since there is only one SUB in my room.

After I got AVM60 , I did same thing. I think ARC works as good as XT32, although ARC has more bass since room gain and more adjust items. But still need fine tune the distance (phase) of all speakers especially sub casue ARC can't get them.

Suggest to keep umik-1 and learn to use REW, you will get more.

MyAv [email protected]
Anthem AVM60/QSC DCA 1644*3/BDP-S780/Viewsonic pro8200/Klipsch UltraII/Rythmik FV15HP
post #688 of 9518 Old 02-23-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Chen View Post
I also got umik-1 and miniDSP since former AVR onkyo 5008, used umik-1 by REW to fine tune bass of SUB after Audyssey XT32 run. After that I don't think I need miniDSP anymore since there is only one SUB in my room.

After I got AVM60 , I did same thing. I think ARC works as good as XT32, although ARC has more bass since room gain and more adjust items. But still need fine tune the distance (phase) of all speakers especially sub casue ARC can't get them.

Suggest to keep umik-1 and learn to use REW, you will get more.
Sounds good, I'll plan on doing that.
post #689 of 9518 Old 02-23-2016, 11:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Guys, sincerest apologies in advance for the long post with graphs etc.. however I only managed to complete my room calibration with the AVM60 this afternoon and here are the graphs I got. Can someone experienced who know more about these things please advise me if I can do the following:

What I wanted to ask I have changed them slightly. Please advise if these values are ok or would you recommend me not to touch any of the values and keep as it is what the room correction suggests.

Fronts and centre I changed from 80 to 100 hz.

4 x ceiling speakers I changed from 80 to 120hz

Surrounds I changed from 130 to 120hz

Subwoofer I have no idea what 250 is? Is that 250hz? I don't know why it's so high so I changed it to 120hz

I haven't touched the high pass and minimum eq frequency left them as is. Can you please advise what they are and if you think I should change.

I changed the room gain from 2.75 to 3.0.

Finally it says 5th order on the right side
I'm guessing this has something to do with the curve I looked and there is a flat curve which I never changed to. Do you suggest any changes in this section. All your help and advice is much much appreciated. Thank you

Here are the original graphs straight from after the calibration:

After the Changes I made:

Would appreciate if anyone can suggest I keep the settings as anthem suggests or am I ok to apply the changes as above?

My Speakers are the XTZ Cinema Series behind a 120" acoustically transparent screen:

3 x M6's at the front:

http://www.xtzsound.com/product/cinema-m6

2 x s5's for surrounds:

http://www.xtzsound.com/product/cinema-s5-dipole-3x

4 x B&W CCM65 in ceiling speakers:

http://www.bowers-wilkins.net/downlo...info_sheet.pdf

2 x BK Elektronics Monolith + DF Subwoofers (black):

http://www.bkelec.com/HiFi/Sub_Woofe...th-df_Plus.htm

Power Amp:
Emotiva XPA5 for the main 5 x speakers:

https://emotiva.com/products/amplifiers/xpa-5

Nakamichi AVP1
for the 4 x Atmos / DTS X Speakers:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nakamichi-AV.../dp/B00OD3Q5C2

Other Kit:

Anthem AVM60
Sony HW40 ES Projector
HTPC running Kodi 16.0 Jarvis
Media: Bluray remux files and .iso blu ray's.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Mehmet
post #690 of 9518 Old 02-23-2016, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 440 Post(s)
Liked: 251
^^ Why do you want to make these changes?

Steve Goff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page