The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 278 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4178Likes

post #8311 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 06:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec View Post
That's my version also. After that it was version 4.086. After that 4.088 (a very small upgrade) But I don't think it either addressed our problem.

I have a question. If I hold out for the next firmware release, will the next firmware install 4.086 and 4.088 also. Or do I have to install all three separately?

Thanks,
Rob

I had an issue setting up when I first got mine and had no option for wireless set up so they sent me a beta 4.094 which fixed everything, not sure what changes or when it is to be released but at least you know there will be a future firmware release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HT Room: Anthem AVM60 (replaced Marantz AV7005 & Parasound Halo C2), Parasound Halo A51 & A23, Monitor Audio GR60, GR Centre, GR10, GSFX, SVS SB-4000, Sony 75X900e, PS4

Family Room: Yamaha RX-A2060, PSB Imagine T2, Imagine Centre, Imagine B, Oppo Digital BDP-80, Samsung QN65Q7CN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8312 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 07:47 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon SS View Post
I had an issue setting up when I first got mine and had no option for wireless set up so they sent me a beta 4.094 which fixed everything, not sure what changes or when it is to be released but at least you know there will be a future firmware release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s interesting,as I seen the other number when I went to there site . Maybe I should wait till the most recent one is there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket-RJ View Post
You can try using digital coaxial output of your CXN instead optical to see if the hiss are cable problem or if it is the RCA output/input itself.

I wouldn't bother ignoring CXN DAC. I believe AVM 60 is better implemented. I used to have a PS Audio Nuwave DSD DAC, which is stated to be better than CXN and even 851N, but AVM 60 sounded great for me, even without ARC. So if I were you I would definitely try bypassing CXN DAC. It's a free test, anyway.

Good luck.
Well it’s still hooked up and I bought an expensive toslink cable ,so what the heck I’ll give it a try .
Sorry for the confusion, but I had it hooked up to the preamp out analog ports of the CXN , I thought that’s the recommended way if you want to use the DACs in the CXN?
I haven’t tried the digital coaxial or optical out yet . I could try either digital output at this point , but I’m thinking the optical would provide better isolation from the AMV60 , and maybe cure the hiss?

There wouldn’t be much point in getting the 851N then , seeing chances are I won’t be going threw there DAC , but the AMV60s?
The 851N was said to be an improvement over the CNX and the CNX V2.

Here’s how it’s connected now ,as I thought it uses the CXNs internal DACs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	088D435D-E8B5-461A-9985-06D431E1B808.png
Views:	29
Size:	889.8 KB
ID:	2480986  

LG OLED65B7P.
Anthem AVM60 , Anthem MCA525 .
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD player .
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-11-2018 at 08:05 AM.
post #8313 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:04 AM

Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
That’s interesting,as I seen the other number when I went to there site . Maybe I should wait till the most recent one is there.

Well it’s still hooked up and I bought an expensive toslink cable ,so what the heck I’ll give it a try . Sorry for the confusion, but I have it hooked up to the preamp out analog ports . I thought that’s the recommended way if you want to use the DACs in the CXN?
I haven’t tried the digital coaxial out yet , but did buy a optical cable . I can try either digital output at this point , but I’m thinking the optical would provide isolation from the AMV60 , and maybe cure the hiss .

There wouldn’t be much point in getting the 851N then , seeing chances are I won’t be going threw there DAC , but the AMV60s?
The 851N was said to be an improvement over the CNX and the CNX V2
Trying is the key, and since you already have the gear, it is free, so go for it!

851N was launched way before CXN and it used to be Cambrdige flagship Network Player / DAC. I have a 851A waiting to be sold, since MCA 225 replaced it here.

Sent while snowboarding

Sent while surfing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8314 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Trying is the key, and since you already have the gear, it is free, so go for it!

851N was launched way before CXN and it used to be Cambrdige flagship Network Player / DAC. I have a 851A waiting to be sold, since MCA 225 replaced it here.

Sent while snowboarding
I had no idea the 851n was older. When you read the reviews ,everyone claims it’s a little better SQ wise .

I had to edit my previous post . So by using the digital optical out of the CXN , am I in fact bypassing it’s internal DACs?
I thought for the best SQ , using the CXN internal DACs would give you the best SQ .
I’m kind of confused on this subject.

I looked downstairs and in fact have a spare port on my router , so I should run another CAT 5 line upstairs directly to the CXN . It may help me critique the sound better between Play-Fi and the CXN .

LG OLED65B7P.
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-11-2018 at 08:34 AM.
post #8315 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I had no idea the 851n was older ?
I had to edit my previous post . So by using the digital optical out of the CXN , am i in fact bypassing it’s internal DACs?
I’m kind of confused on this subject

Sorry, you are right. When I bought my 851A the CXA wasn't available yet, so I tought 851N was older, which is not...

Using digital out on CXN will bypass its DAC.
post #8316 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:
I’ve had to go to the Mode button on the remote several times, as my avm60 doesn’t seem to remember where it was set for some reason after changing inputs . Not saying this always happens , as I’m not sure when it happens.
I know this doesn’t help, but I thought I’d let you know I’m experiencing it to .
I do turn ARC on and off occasionally,so maybe that’s what causes it in my case to?

I might not fully understand the problem, but I'm wondering if it has anything to do with how your inputs are set up for Mode Preset? If you have None, Last Used, or something else. If you change modes on the remote and then change inputs, I would think the AVM would look at the Mode Preset for the input rather than follow what you did on the remote? Sorry, like I said, might be totally misunderstanding the issue, but thought I'd throw that out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobDec View Post
I have a question. If I hold out for the next firmware release, will the next firmware install 4.086 and 4.088 also. Or do I have to install all three separately?

Good question! Somebody else will probably know the correct answer. Anthem certainly would if you contacted them. Me personally, I like installing the updates sequentially. Just gives me more of a sense of completeness, that may be totally unfounded.

Quote:

Why wait? I don't think you have anything to lose by going to the current firmware rather than waiting. You never know - might help you with the PlayFi issue?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #8317 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Using digital out on CXN will bypass its DAC.
Ok that’s what I thought . My dealer claims the Anthems DACs are very good anyways , but he tells me a lot of things .
Not sure if there any better than the CXNs though , as Cambridge raves about there DACs .

But I’ll give this a try and get back with the outcome . I love this game
Cricket-RJ likes this.

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8318 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok that’s what I thought . My dealer claims the Anthems DACs are very good anyways , but he tells me a lot of things .

It is from what I understand, and I believe the same one used in the Oppo 203 if memory serves correctly (questionable....). Wondering if it is the same in the Cambridge UHD player that is based on the Oppo?

Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #8319 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Sent while snowboarding
Hey could you put your head up to the MCA 225 and tell me you don’t hear a humming /buzzing noise coming from the chassis?
The room has to be very quiet , no furnace or fridge running , but it’s there . I live in a block house , kind of like having concrete walls , so my house is extremely quiet. If fact it’s so quiet, I can hear large spiders walking from 20’ away

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8320 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 08:57 AM

Just to remeber that DAC are not all about the Chip itself...

And I guess that everything that enters AVM will be decoded anyway. That, or something like it, was posted here.

Sent while surfing
post #8321 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Hey could you put your head up to the MCA 225 and tell me you don’t hear a humming /buzzing noise coming from the chassis?
The room has to be very quiet , no furnace or fridge running , but it’s there . I live in a block house , kind of like having concrete walls , so my house is extremely quiet. If fact it’s so quiet, I can hear large spiders walking from 20’ away

I did it other day (night actually). No humming nor buzzing noise coming from it and neither from AVM 60.

My subwoofer has some ground noise, so I know what you mean.
post #8322 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I did it other day (night actually). No humming nor buzzing noise coming from it and neither from AVM 60.

My subwoofer has some ground noise, so I know what you mean.
Well dam this is making no sense . Theoretically you should be hearing it to , as it’s based on the same design . Maybe as my hearing degrades , it won’t bother me as much .
If anthem would let me , I’d pay the extra thousand dollars and get the A5 instead . There’s no point if I have the same issue though

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8323 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 09:38 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 290 Post(s)
Liked: 627
Quote:
If it helps-
I have an Outlaw 7500 amp; been using it for over 10 years. Several years back, I had an awful hum coming from the chassis; realized that it would happen at certain times/days...I could almost set a watch on when it happened. After a while and checking all connections/wiring in my old house...I realized my next door neighbors power tools/equip was causing it. That, and possibly a power grid DC problem in my old neighborhood (old power grid infrastructure). I now use one of these for my amp and my MRX-720...an Emotiva CMX-2 AC Line Filter With DC Offset Eliminator-

https://emotiva.com/collections/acce...products/cmx-2

I haven't had ANY hum in my Outlaw amp since; my powered subwoofers/ other audio equip in other rooms in the house don't exhibit this transformer hum, it was only the Outlaw amp.

just thought maybe that would help with your chassis hum investigation....

Anthem MRX-720,Outlaw 7500 5ch amp, B&K ST 202 amp
Oppo BDP-103, Sony XBR-65X930D, Rotel RP-855, Phillips BDP-7501
Paradigm Studio 100 Fronts, Martin Logan Motion LX16 rears,Martin Logan Motion 2's
Paradigm Studio cc-590 Center, Martin Logan Dynamo subwoofer, DefTech Supercube 4000
Roku Ultra, DIRECTV 4K Genie HR-54 DVR, C61K-700, OPPO Sonica DAC, Amazon Fire TV
post #8324 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Well dam this is making no sense . Theoretically you should be hearing it to , as it’s based on the same design . Maybe as my hearing degrades , it won’t bother me as much .
If anthem would let me , I’d pay the extra thousand dollars and get the A5 instead . There’s no point if I have the same issue though
I use technology that is no longer made to make sure I have NO HUM - PERIOD.

I use multiple Cinepro PowerPro 20 power conditioners. I have 6 of them giving
me 120 AMPS of Conditioner output. It makes sure there is no ground loops for
the audio chain. In my theater - I have 24,000 watts of audio and NOT A WHISPER
of HUM.

And Yes - I am an Anthem user since 2004
MajorTendonitis likes this.
post #8325 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I have to point out that mine is connected straight to the wall. I have a Panamax PM-5300, but I preferred it out of amp's way.

If you can hear spiders crawling at night I guess you should be spiderman itself? :-)

Sent while snowboarding

Sent while surfing
post #8326 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 10:24 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacari View Post
If it helps-
I have an Outlaw 7500 amp; been using it for over 10 years. Several years back, I had an awful hum coming from the chassis; realized that it would happen at certain times/days...I could almost set a watch on when it happened. After a while and checking all connections/wiring in my old house...I realized my next door neighbors power tools/equip was causing it. That, and possibly a power grid DC problem in my old neighborhood (old power grid infrastructure). I now use one of these for my amp and my MRX-720...an Emotiva CMX-2 AC Line Filter With DC Offset Eliminator-

https://emotiva.com/collections/acce...products/cmx-2

I haven't had ANY hum in my Outlaw amp since; my powered subwoofers/ other audio equip in other rooms in the house don't exhibit this transformer hum, it was only the Outlaw amp.

just thought maybe that would help with your chassis hum investigation....
Thank you , I appreciate any input .
In my case I have a monster power 1500 watt power conditioner, and it made no difference whether it was going threw it or directly to the wall. I prefer the wall directly, as I’ve heard you can starve the amplifier for power threw a power conditioner.
This noise is there when the amp is connected to nothing but it’s power outlet . I should check outside with my AM radio, and see if I can hear any intermodulation distortion .
I am to lazy ,but my only other option would be to remove it and plug it in at another location in town .
I believe it won’t change a thing though .
For a test I plugged my Marantz amp back in before I sold it , and could only hear a very slight humming coming from its chassis if I had my ear directly on it . As little as a few inches away and there was no way I could hear it .

So this has led to believe it’s a design issue with the Anthem .

I really wanted those class A amplfiers from Arcam , but didn’t have an extra 16K lying around

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8327 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 10:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have to point out that mine is connected straight to the wall. I have a Panamax PM-5300, but I preferred it out of amp's way.

If you can hear spiders crawling at night I guess you should be spiderman itself? :-)

Sent while snowboarding
lol, maybe thats what’s wrong with me ?

So anyways , I connected the Cambridge back up and am using the digital coaxial output to the Anthem AVM60 .
The sound floor is much improved , not dead silent but acceptable.
I’m not really hearing much of a difference between PlayFi and the CXN , although I thought the CXN was a tiny less harsh on vocals ,but I liked the Base better with the PlayFi , as I swear it has less attack and decay and sounds smother to me ?
I know that’s a weird analogy ,and I think this is all physiological.

So it basically comes down to usability I guess . The Cambridge is really quick to start ,and I don’t have to wait for it to connect . I haven’t tried it hardwired yet though, as I’m going threw it’s wifi .

I prefer the CNX App a little more in some ways . It doesn’t give you access to volume , so someone couldn’t inadvertently put the volume to full blast .
But I like how you can scan threw a song with PlayFi , not that should be that important.

I’ve got so many chores to do lol, but you guys are much more interesting

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-11-2018 at 10:39 AM.
post #8328 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 11:26 AM
Read the FAQ!

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 5833 Post(s)
Liked: 8307
Quote:
If you have the Anthem plugged into a power conditioner, try plugging it directly into wall power itself. Your issue may be due to draw limits in the conditioner.
—Bob

Need personal consultation/training? Or just curious about my Blog? Check out my web site!
post #8329 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Well, the design might lend itself to some kind of buzzing based on some other factors, either internally or externally, but I don't think it is consistent. I never noticed any buzzing on my dealers's MCA525 connected to an AVM60. Might be that a particular batch got something wonky, and your original and replacement were from the same batch? I really don't think this is typical of the amps.....

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #8330 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Pariseau View Post
If you have the Anthem plugged into a power conditioner, try plugging it directly into wall power itself. Your issue may be due to draw limits in the conditioner.
—Bob
Yes it’s in the wall, same issue . I only tried it temporarily in the Power conditioner,as I’m afraid of current draw.
It hums when there’s nothing connected to it but power , no speaker cables or xlrs. It hums off another outlet in the kitchen . It hums off the neighbors outlet . My service was upgraded to 200 amps ,and the electricians ran new branches for the home theatre . I have three plugs , a 20 amp for my subwoofer as per the instructions,another 20amp circuit for the MCA525, and a 15 amp plug feeding a power conditioner with the other electronics on it .

I really believe this comes down to installing the amplifier in the basement . I do have an electronics rack there now as we speak .
It’s almost underneath the stereo now , maybe four feet horizontally . But it will still be a long run for xlrs , say 12’-15’ after going threw walls and making right angles etc.
The other option is to kibosh the balanced cables and go with rca cables (vomits in the back of throat) .
I believe I read xlrs do travel a long distance before there’s degradation issues?
It’s going to take a lot of drilling

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-11-2018 at 11:48 AM.
post #8331 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Well, the design might lend itself to some kind of buzzing based on some other factors, either internally or externally, but I don't think it is consistent. I never noticed any buzzing on my dealers's MCA525 connected to an AVM60. Might be that a particular batch got something wonky, and your original and replacement were from the same batch? I really don't think this is typical of the amps.....
Just my luck, I got the bad run . I only wish I didn’t live on the good side of the country , as I’d drive down there myself and show them.
My luck they can’t hear it either lol

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8332 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 11:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just my luck, I got the bad run . I only wish I didn’t live on the good side of the country , as I’d drive down there myself and show them.
My luck they can’t hear it either lol
Can't.....or don't want to!!? With my first AVM, there was a buzzing in the speakers (not ground loop or noise floor). Not horrible, but you could hear it when close enough to the speaker, and I'm not talking just mere inches away. Not right, I knew that. Took it to the local dealer, they could not hear it either. SERIOUSLY? Then I just happened to try the headphone jack - lo and behold, same noise! THAT they could hear when I took it down the second time, tried with their headphones/

Guess what? The DEALER'S unit - same problem! They didn't know about it until we tried it. Dunno if our AVMs were from the same batch, or used same flawed part or what, but they arranged a replacement, and 2nd unit all good!

But this is what made me think you got two from the same batch, or something like that. Just a thought though.

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #8333 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:02 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Can't.....or don't want to!!? With my first AVM, there was a buzzing in the speakers (not ground loop or noise floor). Not horrible, but you could hear it when close enough to the speaker, and I'm not talking just mere inches away. Not right, I knew that. Took it to the local dealer, they could not hear it either. SERIOUSLY? Then I just happened to try the headphone jack - lo and behold, same noise! THAT they could hear when I took it down the second time, tried with their headphones/

Guess what? The DEALER'S unit - same problem! They didn't know about it until we tried it. Dunno if our AVMs were from the same batch, or used same flawed part or what, but they arranged a replacement, and 2nd unit all good!

But this is what made me think you got two from the same batch, or something like that. Just a thought though.
Wow this is interesting to know . I think it’s past my time to do anything though. I emailed tech support and gave them my ongoing ticket number and asked if there was any way I could pay the difference for the A5

Btw, I’m getting music drops out still ,and I’m using the CXN right now . Doesn’t seem to like streaming when your on the internet ?
I should hardwire and be done with it I guess

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8334 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

If I remove the hardwired network connection from the Anthem right now and used it for the CXN , would I lose anything ,as I would not be using the PlayFi app anymore ?

Ok ,maybe I need the network connection for ARC ? Guess I could swap it when needed ?

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8335 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Yes it’s in the wall, same issue . I only tried it temporarily in the Power conditioner,as I’m afraid of current draw.
It hums when there’s nothing connected to it but power , no speaker cables or xlrs. It hums off another outlet in the kitchen . It hums off the neighbors outlet . My service was upgraded to 200 amps ,and the electricians ran new branches for the home theatre . I have three plugs , a 20 amp for my subwoofer as per the instructions,another 20amp circuit for the MCA525, and a 15 amp plug feeding a power conditioner with the other electronics on it .

I really believe this comes down to installing the amplifier in the basement . I do have an electronics rack there now as we speak .
It’s almost underneath the stereo now , maybe four feet horizontally . But it will still be a long run for xlrs , say 12’-15’ after going threw walls and making right angles etc.
The other option is to kibosh the balanced cables and go with rca cables (vomits in the back of throat) .
I believe I read xlrs do travel a long distance before there’s degradation issues?
It’s going to take a lot of drilling
Have you by chance tried one of these from Emotiva ?
CMX-2
"Precision Common Mode AC Line Filter With DC Offset Eliminator"
I had a similar problem with amplifier hum along with noise through the speakers it was hooked to.
Added one of these and problems solved.

Last edited by WOKNROX; 11-11-2018 at 01:32 PM.
post #8336 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow this is interesting to know . I think it’s past my time to do anything though. I emailed tech support and gave them my ongoing ticket number and asked if there was any way I could pay the difference for the A5
But still under warranty! Of course warranty is meaningless if THEY can't replicate the issue. Has anybody else been able to hear the issue, neighbor or family member?

Quote:
Btw, I’m getting music drops out still ,and I’m using the CXN right now . Doesn’t seem to like streaming when your on the internet ? I should hardwire and be done with it I guess
Na, at my place we've often got both Play-Fi devices going, the AVM and the PW, with two phones connected doing other things, all while banging away on a computer (wi-fi or hardwired), and it really doesn't seem to be an issue. We do have a small place, so there are no distance issues for the wi-fi (in fact I think my AVM sees every wi-fi set up for several houses!), and no real obstructions, so the signal is always pretty clear, single-story too FWIW. Of course, your situation will be different, but at least with my router model and everything else, things seem pretty solid.

I wonder if your router is problematic?

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #8337 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member

The router has me concerned now , you have a good point . I was going to install switches and APs from Ubiquity, but haven’t got the time or money at this point .
I’ll see what the other options are I can try when I get back to work Tuesday. I believe there’s a newer model available than the Hitron right now

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8338 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The router has me concerned now , you have a good point . I was going to install switches and APs from Ubiquity, but haven’t got the time or money at this point .
I’ll see what the other options are I can try when I get back to work Tuesday. I believe there’s a newer model available than the Hitron right now

Take a look at the DTS Play-Fi site. I think somewhere there they have made recommendations of which gear plays nicely with Play-Fi, and which can cause issues. Not sure if Anthem has similar info? Might want to check this out though....

Mains:
ATMOS:
Subwoofers:
post #8339 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 02:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Take a look at the DTS Play-Fi site. I think somewhere there they have made recommendations of which gear plays nicely with Play-Fi, and which can cause issues. Not sure if Anthem has similar info? Might want to check this out though....
I’m considering using the CXN instead of Play-Fi . Not 100% sure yet ,as I don’t see any advantages with the CXN yet SQ wise .
I prefer the App a bit more though . It’s funny ,as one of the complaints was the Cambridge Go App was slow and clunky, but I’m finding I can get it up and running much faster ,and the app works fine for me .

Debating to try removing the network cable out of the AVM60 , and going directly to the CXN instead of using wifi .

I had another thought . My NAS drive is quite old ,maybe it’s time for a new one. Do solid states work better for streaming music I wonder ?

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8340 of 9734 Old 11-11-2018, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
They sent a replacement MCA525 and same issue, so I believe it’s in the design . Actually I don’t believe that , I know that .
I have two MCA 525 and one MCA 225 in the same system and they're all dead silent. Saying that, I don't believe it's a design flaw. It might be more of an issue with quality control.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page