The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 279 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4178Likes

post #8341 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Hauser View Post
I have two MCA 525 and one MCA 225 in the same system and they're all dead silent. Saying that, I don't believe it's a design flaw. It might be more of an issue with quality control.
You make a good point . I wish we had plugged the first one in at the dealer to demonstrate. I suspect the noise floor in the store would mask it though ,and I don’t think we’d hear it .

I doubt I will ever get to the bottom of this, and will be stuck in this situation.

LG OLED65B7P.
Anthem AVM60 , Anthem MCA525 .
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD player .
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8342 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 03:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
I had another thought . My NAS drive is quite old ,maybe it’s time for a new one. Do solid states work better for streaming music I wonder ?

Well, that's a good question. I don't know for how much it would matter for audio. Video for sure. Not that SSDs are perfect, but they lack the potential issues of mechanical drives at least.

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #8343 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by WOKNROX View Post
Have you by chance tried one of these from Emotiva ?
CMX-2
"Precision Common Mode AC Line Filter With DC Offset Eliminator"
I had a similar problem with amplifier hum along with noise through the speakers it was hooked to.
Added one of these and problems solved.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8344 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I tried my power filter from monster power with no success . I believe it’s along the same lines ? I’ll google your recommendation just to make sure I understand the difference.

Ok I just looked at it on amazon , and find this dc offset issue interesting. I can’t find the max amp draw on it yet . Will have to do some more research.

Well it’s rated for 15amp continues . My amp draws a maximum of 1500 watts , so that should work and have some reserve .
Sad thing it’s $129 on the Emotiva site , but triple on Amazon.ca as usual

https://www.amazon.ca/Emotiva-CMX-2-.../dp/B008O37LXY

LG OLED65B7P.
Paradigm Studio CC690 V5 centre channel , Studio 100 V5’s front and rear . Paradigm PW-2200 subwoofer

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-11-2018 at 05:24 PM.
post #8345 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 05:31 PM
Advanced Member

Here's a link for you.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...iLspJv&ampcf=1
MajorTendonitis likes this.

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom Cabinets Fully build, SS-BS Triad Gold, 4 Atmos 3 way Core5's, Subs-1 Rythmik FV25HP & 4 HSU VTF-MK5-HP, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
post #8346 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 05:42 PM
Advanced Member

Heres one... at a great deal north of the border too..

https://www.hifishark.com/goto/67_23...7448/316958504

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom Cabinets Fully build, SS-BS Triad Gold, 4 Atmos 3 way Core5's, Subs-1 Rythmik FV25HP & 4 HSU VTF-MK5-HP, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
post #8347 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Heres one... at a great deal north of the border too..

https://www.hifishark.com/goto/67_23...7448/316958504
Thank you for the search . Tell you truth I only buy new when it involves electronics. I suspect I can order it from them direct and still save .

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8348 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Well I removed the Ethernet connection from the AVM60 and went directly to the CXN, and music has not dropped once and seems very stable since it’s hard wired .
Prior to that streaming music off my NAS drive was dropping on both the PlayFi and Cambridge go connect app .
The Cambridge CXN showed from 98% to 100% on wifi , so it’s strange it was loosing its connection all the time .
It’s interesting , as mentioned it possibly could be my own router .

So all this time i was blaming Anthem , when in fact it turns out to be my own gear :|
So I owe the engineers at Anthem an apology lol

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8349 of 9732 Old 11-11-2018, 07:10 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
I recently had some noise and decided to have the cable company re-ground to earth. I also added a isolator to my cable inside and added an ifi ac purifier and it made a difference in my video and audio. You may want to try it out. Sounds like you may have a ground or voltage difference. Do you possibly have any unbalanced connections in other rooms zones? Because they can pick up interferance and pass it through the AC. Other possiblity is if noise is completely isolated to the amp with nothing connected there could be an issue with the amp itself. Rearding wireless, I always prefer wired over WiFi. Also 2.4Ghz WiFi has been known to be noisy. I recently disabled 2.4Ghz on my router since all of my equipment can operate at 5Ghz.

Last edited by eyecatcher127; 11-12-2018 at 08:20 AM.
post #8350 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Well I removed the Ethernet connection from the AVM60 and went directly to the CXN, and music has not dropped once and seems very stable since it’s hard wired .
Prior to that streaming music off my NAS drive was dropping on both the PlayFi and Cambridge go connect app .
The Cambridge CXN showed from 98% to 100% on wifi , so it’s strange it was loosing its connection all the time .
It’s interesting , as mentioned it possibly could be my own router .

So all this time i was blaming Anthem , when in fact it turns out to be my own gear :|
So I owe the engineers at Anthem an apology lol
Glad you are able to connect your streaming device with an ethernet cable. Even with strong wifi signal strength, there are still opportunities for brief packet loss and latency through wifi that should be a non-issue using the ethernet cable. I would keep it connected that way indefinitely just to take wifi out of the equation.

With an ethernet connection, a HDD vs. a SSD in your NAS for music streaming would not make a difference as HDD is more than capable of the data transfer speeds you need. Unless your drives are failing, you should be fine with what you're using.

I understand how overwhelming it can be to troubleshoot multiple issues at once, so I think if you stick with the Cambridge CXN, an ethernet connection, and a digital connection to the Anthem AVM60, you can move beyond this issue and tackle other items.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #8351 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 08:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
Glad you are able to connect your streaming device with an ethernet cable. Even with strong wifi signal strength, there are still opportunities for brief packet loss and latency through wifi that should be a non-issue using the ethernet cable. I would keep it connected that way indefinitely just to take wifi out of the equation.

With an ethernet connection, a HDD vs. a SSD in your NAS for music streaming would not make a difference as HDD is more than capable of the data transfer speeds you need. Unless your drives are failing, you should be fine with what you're using.

I understand how overwhelming it can be to troubleshoot multiple issues at once, so I think if you stick with the Cambridge CXN, an ethernet connection, and a digital connection to the Anthem AVM60, you can move beyond this issue and tackle other items.
Yes and yes . I have a major dislike for wireless,other than remote controls and iPads . Kind of how I dislike cordless tools other than drills .
The system never missed a beat in 8 hours of playing . Before , if I went to the washroom,chances are it wasn’t working when I got back .
One would think hardwired would be better for potential jitter problems . The CXN was for a future audio installation in my basements gym .
I was debating to buy the Cambridge 851n , and dedicate it to the AVM60 upstairs in my living room , and in the future put the CXN in the gym where it was intended . I basically installed it for testing purposes , but now I’m preferring it over Play-Fi , so PlayFi will no longer be used because of my instability issues .

But instead of buying another streamer , could I use the AMV60’s second Zone outputs Via rca cables to the input of my Cambridge receiver in the gym , thus killing two birds with one stone ? I’ve never used a second zone before , and seeing as my iPad is choosing the songs from the Cambridge Go App , I think it may be an option ?
I do have a small house, and my iPad works fine in the basement , as the router is down there anyways .
Or is this second zone thing more of a pita ?

If the SQ is in fact better as people described , I don’t mind spending the money on an additional dedicated streamer like the 851n

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecatcher127 View Post
I recently had some noise and decided to have the cable company re-ground to earth. I also added a isolator to my cable inside and added an ifi ac purifier and it made a difference in my video and audio. You may want to try it out. Sounds like you may have a ground or voltage difference. Do you possibly have any unbalanced connections in other rooms zones? Because they can pick up interferance and pass it through the AC. Other possiblity is if noise is completely isolated to the amp with nothing connected there could be an issue with the amp itself. Rearding wireless, I always prefer wired over WiFi. Also 2.4Ghz WiFi has been known to be noisy. I recently disabled 2.4Ghz on my router since all of my equipment can operate at 5Ghz.
I’m pretty sure after testing it that the problem is in the amplifier itself . But thank you for some great ideas . These things can certainly get complex

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-12-2018 at 09:03 AM.
post #8352 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Hello. I'm new to this thread. I just purchased a refurbished AVM 60 directly from Anthem for $1950 shipped to my house. Has anyone ever purchased a refurb product from them? I'm told it will have a warranty, be nearly new in appearance and that every item was thoroughly checked and tested. I'm coming from an Anthem D2 for my home theater and wanted to upgrade to an Atmos setup 7.2.4 (in my situation). I currently am using MCA 50 and MCA 20 amplifiers and 2 Seaton Submersive subwoofers.

How is the AVM 60 compared to the D2 with regards to movie watching? (99.9% of my use for these peripherals is for movies).

Thank you for your insight.

Last edited by stummala; 11-12-2018 at 10:52 AM.
post #8353 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stummala View Post
Hello. I'm new to this thread. I just purchased a refurbished AVM 60 directly from Anthem for $1950 shipped to my house. Has anyone ever purchased a refurb product from them? I'm told it will have a warranty, be nearly new in appearance and that every item was thoroughly checked and tested. I'm coming from an Anthem D2 for my home theater and wanted to upgrade to an Atmos setup 7.2.4 (in my situation). I currently am using MCA 50 and MCA 20 amplifiers and 2 Seaton Submersive subwoofers.

How is the AVM 60 compared to the D2 with regards to movie watching? (99.9% of my use for these peripherals is for movies).

Thank you for your insight.
I switched from a Statement D2V to the AVM60. From a sonic standpoint for movies, they both sound excellent and you get the newest surround processing, including Dolby Surround and DTS upmixing for your additional height channels. I find that feature pretty nice.

I do miss the additional 12V triggers on the D2V (3 vs. 1 on the AVM60.) I believe fit and finish were nicer on the D2V...ugly crinkle finish on AVM chassis. Other than those minor things, I would consider it a lateral move for the most part but with newer codec processing and 4K passthough/switching.

I have not purchased reburbished from Anthem, so can't help you there.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #8354 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Software update procedure

I'm about to do my first software update. Do I need to do anything special to protect my configuration? thanks
post #8355 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 04:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:

Never purchased refurb from Anthem, but I'm generally not opposed to refurbs if they have a warranty. Is Anthem giving you the full 3years I believe it is, at least for new units?

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #8356 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joealbracht View Post
I'm about to do my first software update. Do I need to do anything special to protect my configuration? thanks
I just updated software 2 days ago and all settings stayed intact. If you want to be completely safe, you can go into the Anthem menu and do a "Save User Settings" before the update and then "Load User Settings" afterwards. Of course, your ARC settings should be saved on your PC in the event you ever need to reload them, but those should also be unaffected by a firmware update.

post #8357 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 06:32 PM
Advanced Member

Well Anthem got back to me about the amplifier humming . They said they checked out my first one that was returned, and there techs could in fact hear the humming noise , but only up to maximum of 2’ away , which they claim to be normal .
So I’m not losing my mind lol. They did mention dc offset as you guys mentioned here ,but I’m not going to pursue it any further , as my co workers that are over 20 years younger than me can only hear it from a few inches away .

So case closed. Maybe as my hearing diminishes further , it will go away naturally
WOKNROX likes this.

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-12-2018 at 06:48 PM.
post #8358 of 9732 Old 11-12-2018, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas2 View Post
Never purchased refurb from Anthem, but I'm generally not opposed to refurbs if they have a warranty. Is Anthem giving you the full 3years I believe it is, at least for new units?
For the $1200 in savings, I figured it was a safe investment. I figure my D2 is worth $800-$900 still so it's a $1000 upgrade for me.

Thanks for the insight on the D2 comparison. I'm excited to upgrade to Atmos, newer codecs, etc.
post #8359 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 982 Post(s)
Liked: 574
Quote:
*snip* As for the Play fi app , I don’t want to fix it , I want find a better alternative.
I’m not liking this idea of streaming the data threw my iPad . Sounds like a great way to increase jitter and who knows what else .
At least my Marantz had an on-board Music client ,and I had no issues from day one . That’s a big strike on the Anthen right there imo , and had I known how it worked before I made the purchase, it would have been a deal breaker .

But I’m hopeful this CXN streamer will resolve this . At a greater cost unfortunately
You know that even if PlayFi streams the data through your iPad (which I'm not sure it does, I don't know the protocol all that well), that it won't increase jitter, right? Either way, the Anthem is taking data received over its network interface, decoding it, and re-clocking into its digital processing "pipeline".

The only possible SQ difference is that the iPad, if the data is going through it, can re-encode the data and that may deteriorate the SQ. Of course, going through the iPad has other annoyances (such as it'll drain battery life on the iPad, it has to stay on, it has to relay the information over the network adding more bandwidth use to your network, etc).

That said, I don't know if PlayFi works that way -- other variants send a command from the controller (iPad) to the "renderer" (Anthem) saying, "get data from this source (e.g. a file on a network share) and play it" and the renderer does as commanded. Once the command is sent, the controller is out of the loop (as far as the content goes, anyway).

edit: you'd actually have more chance to introduce jitter by using the Cambridge Audio CXN. In this case, the CXN decodes the packets and has to re-clock the decoded PCM data over optical or HDMI. The optical / HDMI link can introduce additional transport jitter. Of course, you could use the analog outputs of the CXN, in which case no jitter, but an additional A->D step if you're using any digital processing in the Anthem (which probably includes bass management (i.e. your sub-woofer x-over)).

Last edited by DreamWarrior; 11-13-2018 at 10:28 AM.
post #8360 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 11:30 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
That said, I don't know if PlayFi works that way -- other variants send a command from the controller (iPad) to the "renderer" (Anthem) saying, "get data from this source (e.g. a file on a network share) and play it" and the renderer does as commanded. Once the command is sent, the controller is out of the loop (as far as the content goes, anyway).

With one of the most recent PlayFi updates, PlayFi can now optionally remove the controlling device out of the data path by having the source data go directly to the renderer (Anthem in this case). It is currently only an option for a few sources like Spotify and I think Tidal. Streaming from other sources, including a media server still must pass the data through the controlling device. The release notes kind of imply that in time more sources might be able to bypass the controlling device.

Btw, Anthem provided me a beta firmware update (v1_4.094_2018_09_10) back in mid September to resolve issues with the AVM 60 not reliably acquiring an IP address and/or PlayFi not being able to see the AVM 60 despite the AVM being hardwired to the network router. The AVM 60's networking has been rock solid ever since applying the firmware update. I use PlayFi heavily and notice PlayFi still loses the connection on occasion at the start of streaming the next song on the playlist, but that appears to be entirely a result of the Android controlling device occasionally having Wi-Fi bobbles - definitely not a fault of the AVM. I have also encountered one instance since updating to the v94 beta where I was able to lockup the AVM while exiting out of the PlayFi controlling app and I had to pull the power plug on the AVM to regain control. So that PlayFi related defect might still exist.
post #8361 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 11:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2650 Post(s)
Liked: 2516
Quote:
For the $1200 in savings, I figured it was a safe investment. I figure my D2 is worth $800-$900 still so it's a $1000 upgrade for me.

Thanks for the insight on the D2 comparison. I'm excited to upgrade to Atmos, newer codecs, etc.
Can you share with us how you happened to find the refurb? I poked around a bit on Anthem's site and did not find a listing for refurbed units. I probably failed to look in the right place, but that was a pretty solid price for a unit with factory warranty.
post #8362 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 12:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhankey View Post
With one of the most recent PlayFi updates, PlayFi can now optionally remove the controlling device out of the data path by having the source data go directly to the renderer (Anthem in this case). It is currently only an option for a few sources like Spotify and I think Tidal. Streaming from other sources, including a media server still must pass the data through the controlling device. The release notes kind of imply that in time more sources might be able to bypass the controlling device.
*snip*
Odd that media server content would still have to pass through the controller; there already exists DLNA instructions to issue a render. Maybe that's the problem though, PlayFi's rendering device (Anthem) isn't actually a compliant DLNA media renderer, so those commands can't be sent. In which case, PlayFi is reinventing the wheel, and apparently their version is a polygon, lol. I mean, DLNA was a mess, but this seems like an even worse design.
post #8363 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGLeduc View Post
Can you share with us how you happened to find the refurb? I poked around a bit on Anthem's site and did not find a listing for refurbed units. I probably failed to look in the right place, but that was a pretty solid price for a unit with factory warranty.
I found it on their eBay site under Paradigm Partners. They had 2 left last I checked.
BGLeduc and Bill-99 like this.
post #8364 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 12:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 2650 Post(s)
Liked: 2516
Quote:
I found it on their eBay site under Paradigm Partners. They had 2 left last I checked.
In case anyone is curious....

https://www.ebay.com/sch/paradigmele...1&_ipg=&_from=
post #8365 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Looks like they only have one left
post #8366 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 05:05 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWarrior View Post
Odd that media server content would still have to pass through the controller; there already exists DLNA instructions to issue a render. Maybe that's the problem though, PlayFi's rendering device (Anthem) isn't actually a compliant DLNA media renderer, so those commands can't be sent. In which case, PlayFi is reinventing the wheel, and apparently their version is a polygon, lol. I mean, DLNA was a mess, but this seems like an even worse design.
I’m debating to remove my Cambridge CXN streamer and go back to PlayFi , and I’m hoping changing my modem fixes my stability issues.
Haven’t missed so much as a packet since the CNX was installed . But The CXN was acting intermittently , similar to PlayFi when it was on wifi .

Seeing as I had the AVM60 hardwired with Ethernet ,makes me think the iPad has something to do with the stream .
Otherwise why was it dropping all the time, if the iPad was nothing more than a controller?
Unless there’s a setting on the anthem I’m not aware of ,and it’s wireless connection was streaming my songs off my NAS Drive instead of the Ethernet port? But when I got a connection,I don’t recall being asked for a password , so I’m assuming it was using the Ethernet port .

Are the antennas for communication with the laptop when using arc though?
Guess I could try PlayFi seeing as my router is now directly connected to the CXN . If it still streams , I know it’s on wifi .

Update . Since the hardwired connection is disconnected, it can’t find the server . There are options to go with wifi according to the screen shot .
So it was in fact directly connected via Ethernet cat5 when it was operational and buggy as hell
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CF1631E2-7BF0-4E4F-825E-C719B8E85C87.png
Views:	19
Size:	336.8 KB
ID:	2482350  

LG OLED65B7P.

Last edited by MajorTendonitis; 11-13-2018 at 05:19 PM.
post #8367 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 06:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Quote:
Thank you for that link I tried to find it on my own
after the secret clue was provided but I failed.
BGLeduc likes this.
post #8368 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 07:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I’m debating to remove my Cambridge CXN streamer and go back to PlayFi , and I’m hoping changing my modem fixes my stability issues.
Haven’t missed so much as a packet since the CNX was installed . But The CXN was acting intermittently , similar to PlayFi when it was on wifi .

Seeing as I had the AVM60 hardwired with Ethernet ,makes me think the iPad has something to do with the stream .
Otherwise why was it dropping all the time, if the iPad was nothing more than a controller?
Unless there’s a setting on the anthem I’m not aware of ,and it’s wireless connection was streaming my songs off my NAS Drive instead of the Ethernet port? But when I got a connection,I don’t recall being asked for a password , so I’m assuming it was using the Ethernet port .

Guess I could try PlayFi seeing as my router is now directly connected to the CXN . If it still streams , I know it’s on wifi .

Update . Since the hardwired connection is disconnected, it can’t find the server . There are options to go with wifi according to the screen shot .
So it was in fact directly connected via Ethernet cat5 when it was operational and buggy as hell
Certainly possible that if your WiFi is questionable you'd have problems using the wireless iPad as a middle-man to send the content to the Anthem via PlayFi. If you have WiFi issues, it could cause dropped packets or a lack of bandwidth. What this will do to PlayFi, I don't know, but your symptoms seem like plausible issues it'd cause.
post #8369 of 9732 Old 11-13-2018, 08:34 PM
Advanced Member

Hey all, I came across this little gem purely by accident . I was trying internet radio for the heck of it when this popped up .
Unfortunately this PlayFi app doesn’t show you who the heck’s playing , so I recorded part of it and Shazam figured it out .
It has the best quality video and sound I have heard bar none ! Makes the AVM60 really shine ,and even the rears are great .

LG OLED65B7P.
post #8370 of 9732 Old 11-14-2018, 07:32 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:

The AVM connects to your network with the hardwired CAT-5 cable *or* via Wi-Fi. Not both. The PlayFi renderer uses the same network connection. So, if the AVM is hardwired, then you can remove the AVM antennas (I've never even installed mine).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page