The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 318 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4178Likes

post #9511 of 9732 Old 07-11-2019, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
If you successfully ran ARC, then it sounds like you must already have the AVM 60 up and running on your network. If already hardwired, then no need to use Wi-Fi. In fact Wi-Fi will be disabled if hardwired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9512 of 9732 Old 07-11-2019, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhankey View Post
If you successfully ran ARC, then it sounds like you must already have the AVM 60 up and running on your network. If already hardwired, then no need to use Wi-Fi. In fact Wi-Fi will be disabled if hardwired.

Are you sure? I have an MRX720 - hardwired, but wi-fi still works (eg PlayFi updates, running/uploading Genesis)
post #9513 of 9732 Old 07-11-2019, 08:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
The unit was hard wired during all the set-up (borrowed a LAN cable), don't trust wifi for any firmware or software updates on any equipment.
Yes, it is up & running, but needed that ethernet wiring for other equipment since the AVM does not directly stream apps, wifi will play-fi.
I just went to my router interface & it shows an address for ethernet LAN and one for wifi now xxxx.175 & xxxx.179.
When I posted my question, it did not. So something set while working with it but never acknowledge the wifi connection. I'm guessing that it is now connected. Have no idea what I did to make it connect.
Wireless "status" LED is illuminated (rear, top, right corner), can't tell if it's green or yellow.

Well, that issue seems solved.
Thank you both for your replies.

I believe I'll really like this pre/pro, even though it does not have everything wanted/needed; it's workable. (only 1 trigger, really?)
Did I mention it sounds really good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9514 of 9732 Old 07-12-2019, 05:38 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked: 333
Yeah... 1 trigger is kinda bogus and my Moon Titan's don't daisy chain...
But I was able to work around it.

Last edited by WOKNROX; 07-12-2019 at 07:58 AM.
post #9515 of 9732 Old 07-12-2019, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madrac View Post
Are you sure? I have an MRX720 - hardwired, but wi-fi still works (eg PlayFi updates, running/uploading Genesis)
Sorry, I misspoke. AVM does appear to support both wired and wireless. Most devices support only one connection, with wired usually trumping wireless.
post #9516 of 9732 Old 07-12-2019, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZICK View Post
The unit was hard wired during all the set-up (borrowed a LAN cable), don't trust wifi for any firmware or software updates on any equipment.
Yes, it is up & running, but needed that ethernet wiring for other equipment since the AVM does not directly stream apps, wifi will play-fi.
I just went to my router interface & it shows an address for ethernet LAN and one for wifi now xxxx.175 & xxxx.179.
When I posted my question, it did not. So something set while working with it but never acknowledge the wifi connection. I'm guessing that it is now connected. Have no idea what I did to make it connect.
Wireless "status" LED is illuminated (rear, top, right corner), can't tell if it's green or yellow.

Well, that issue seems solved.
Thank you both for your replies.

I believe I'll really like this pre/pro, even though it does not have everything wanted/needed; it's workable. (only 1 trigger, really?)
Did I mention it sounds really good.

The AVM 60 often seems to require a bit of nudge to acquire network address. If power has been removed from the AVM (unplugged from the wall), I seem to have to go into setup, network settings, and sit there until it acquires an IP. After that, the network settings seem stable when powering off/on with the remote or front power button.

My AVM worked well for the first 6 or so months I had it, then started losing wired network settings, and was requiring all sorts of cajoling to reacquire the IP. Anthem provided me a beta version of their firmware almost a year ago that to this day would appear to be more current than what is on their website. This updated version more or less solved all network issues, though, I still have to go into setup/network settings for it to acquire an IP after it has lost power.

With how flakey the AVM network settings are, I personally would only hardwire the AVM, even if that means adding a network hub by your equipment stack. It will provide more stability should you wish to stream Play-Fi, especially for anything above 44k. Unfortunately, for anything above 44k, it would seem that you need to use a wireless Android client, which then becomes the weak link, and can quickly exceed your wireless bandwidth. But if the AVM is hardwired, at least you only have one weak link. Play-Fi has several FAQ's encouraging one to use wired connections if using above 44k, and shows that for 196k, wired is the only way to go. Unfortunately, whoever wrote their FAQ's wasn't in synch with what their developers built, as with multiple tests I have found the Android Play-Fi app will only run with Wi-Fi on the client end. Bone heads.
post #9517 of 9732 Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Sorry, I misspoke. AVM does appear to support both wired and wireless. Most devices support only one connection, with wired usually trumping wireless.
No worries.
post #9518 of 9732 Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM

Liked: 10
rhankey
problem solved- ordered an 8 port switch to replace 4 port switch.

Anthem AVM-60, Emotiva XPA5 gen2, Monitor Audio Silver, Integra DTR 50.4, Sony UBP-X800, Sony MDR-1A2 cans, Volumio server, Roku 3
post #9519 of 9732 Old 07-19-2019, 11:32 AM

Liked: 0
Has anyone done any A/B testing between the AVM 60 and MRX 1120?

I'm looking to connect either the AVM or MRX to an external 2-ch amp for driving Paradigm Persona 3Fs.

In this particular 2-ch music scenario (using both as pre-amp), is there any noticeable difference in sound? They are very revealing speakers so if there is a sound quality difference, they will probably identify it.
post #9520 of 9732 Old 07-19-2019, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 400 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5619 Post(s)
Liked: 5458
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1 View Post
Has anyone done any A/B testing between the AVM 60 and MRX 1120?

I'm looking to connect either the AVM or MRX to an external 2-ch amp for driving Paradigm Persona 3Fs.

In this particular 2-ch music scenario (using both as pre-amp), is there any noticeable difference in sound? They are very revealing speakers so if there is a sound quality difference, they will probably identify it.
They are the exact same unit outside of one having an amplification section and one not. Since you don't plan to use it at all, then go for the avm60.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #9521 of 9732 Old 07-19-2019, 01:31 PM

Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
They are the exact same unit outside of one having an amplification section and one not. Since you don't plan to use it at all, then go for the avm60.
The 1120 would allow me to give the surround amp the boot, but the AVM 60 may have the edge on SQ (due to less electrical noise from amp, maybe better output with XLR). If there's no audible difference tho, I'd go 1120.
post #9522 of 9732 Old 07-19-2019, 01:51 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1 View Post
The 1120 would allow me to give the surround amp the boot, but the AVM 60 may have the edge on SQ (due to less electrical noise from amp, maybe better output with XLR). If there's no audible difference tho, I'd go 1120.
To build on what Beast has said, yes they should sound identical and the only reasons I would choose AVM over MRX is if you have very long signal runs where the AVM balanced connections could be a benefit, or if you plan on all external amplification. And if you only plan on using the surround amp channels in the receiver, you may even decide to go with a MRX 720 and save some money. Power supply is the only real difference between 720 and 1120 if not factoring in amplifier power.
pixphipau likes this.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #9523 of 9732 Old 07-20-2019, 09:29 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I want to give some kudos to Anthem's service. I just got my AVM-60 and am setting it up. I installed the latest firmware but then could not get either Wifi or Ethernet to connect to my network. After a 5 minute phone call with Anthem's technical support they set me instructions on how to upgrade PlayFi manually which fixed all of the network problems. When I called I only had to go through one menu to speak with a tech support agent.
Jonas2 likes this.
post #9524 of 9732 Old 07-20-2019, 11:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastaudio View Post
I was under the impression that the AVM 60 had a slightly better quality of components compared to the MRX series?
post #9525 of 9732 Old 07-21-2019, 05:58 AM

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by erick granato View Post
I was under the impression that the AVM 60 had a slightly better quality of components compared to the MRX series?
That was the case with the Anthem Statement processors when MRX first arrived, but not with the AVM60. The D/A converters, chassis, displays, etc. are all the same now between MRX and AVM with the exceptions noted previously. This is why the price point came down so far for the AVM60 processor...shared technology and components allowed the price drop.

JVC DLA-X790R, Seymour AV Centerstage UF 2.40:1 tensioned electric screen w/ motorized masking, Anthem AVM 60, Jim Holtz Statements L/C/R, SVS SB-16 Ultra (X2), Oppo UDP-203, Parasound Halo A-21, Parasound Halo A-51, Bluesound Node 2i, miniDSP 2X4 HD, NVIDIA Shield 2015, QNAP 453Pro
post #9526 of 9732 Old 07-21-2019, 08:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2835 Post(s)
Liked: 1805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel Hart View Post
I want to give some kudos to Anthem's service. I just got my AVM-60 and am setting it up. I installed the latest firmware but then could not get either Wifi or Ethernet to connect to my network. After a 5 minute phone call with Anthem's technical support they set me instructions on how to upgrade PlayFi manually which fixed all of the network problems. When I called I only had to go through one menu to speak with a tech support agent.

Yeah, they are very good this way. I much prefer an actual phone call than email support - it's faster and cuts to chase when you can just have a conversation, with somebody actually in North America...

7.2.4 System: Display: Sony XBR-65X930D; Processing: Anthem AVM60
Mains:
Paradigm Prestige 85F and 55C; Side / Rear Surrounds: Totem Acoustic Tribe III / Tribe I; Amplification: D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 (7ch. x 400w)
ATMOS:
Definitive Technology DI8R; Amplification: Class D Audio SDS-470C (4ch. x 300w)
Subwoofers:
2 x SVS-SB13Ultras; Media: Oppo UDP-203, Pioneer CLD-59
post #9527 of 9732 Old 07-21-2019, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittermidget View Post
That was the case with the Anthem Statement processors when MRX first arrived, but not with the AVM60. The D/A converters, chassis, displays, etc. are all the same now between MRX and AVM with the exceptions noted previously. This is why the price point came down so far for the AVM60 processor...shared technology and components allowed the price drop.
DAC is the same, but ADC is different - if someone needs it.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #9528 of 9732 Old 07-21-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I joined the multi-sub miniDSP bandwagon finally. I really got my subs smooth with miniDSP prior to running ARC Genesis. I had no problems and it really helped flesh out the bass on both movies and music to have the dual subs integrated with the miniDSP and speaking to the AVM60 through a single subwoofer output.

One question I have is that even after leveling everything, ARC Genesis sets all my speaker adjustments from +5 to +12 based on a system reference of 75db. I don't really understand why ARC Genesis is going so high. My subs are +12 as are my front L+R my surrounds are +7 and rears are +5. It just seems to be at the top of the headroom and I don't want clipping.

The graphs are great for the most part. miniDSP time and phase alignment got rid of some annoying dips and easily managed the peaks.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - ATI NC528 - Linkwitz LX521 Mains - Monitor Audio Gold C250 Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #9529 of 9732 Old 07-21-2019, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsterla View Post
I joined the multi-sub miniDSP bandwagon finally. I really got my subs smooth with miniDSP prior to running ARC Genesis. I had no problems and it really helped flesh out the bass on both movies and music to have the dual subs integrated with the miniDSP and speaking to the AVM60 through a single subwoofer output.

Quote:
One question I have is that even after leveling everything, ARC Genesis sets all my speaker adjustments from +5 to +12 based on a system reference of 75db. I don't really understand why ARC Genesis is going so high. My subs are +12 as are my front L+R my surrounds are +7 and rears are +5. It just seems to be at the top of the headroom and I don't want clipping.
The gain settings have no bearing on headroom. If you reduce all the settings by 10, and advance the volume by 10, it's exactly the same headroom.

But I do not know why ARC does that, either. What I have thought was that if the spread in gains is too wide, it gets forced to try boosting another 10 dB. Do you have any channels that are in the gain range less than zero?

Maybe try the easiest thing -- add 6 dB or so to the subwoofer level (either on the sub amps themselves or with the MiniDSP). Then run ARC again and see if that affects the gain settings of the main channels.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #9530 of 9732 Old 07-22-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post

The gain settings have no bearing on headroom. If you reduce all the settings by 10, and advance the volume by 10, it's exactly the same headroom.

But I do not know why ARC does that, either. What I have thought was that if the spread in gains is too wide, it gets forced to try boosting another 10 dB. Do you have any channels that are in the gain range less than zero?

Maybe try the easiest thing -- add 6 dB or so to the subwoofer level (either on the sub amps themselves or with the MiniDSP). Then run ARC again and see if that affects the gain settings of the main channels.
I may try, but right now I am pretty happy with the sound on music (which is what I listen to most critically). I know my family is sick of me running REW and ARC Genesis, so I will probably live with my current setup for a while. ARC Genesis is doing a good job with my setup. Thanks for the ideas. If I get the bug to mess with a good thing, I will try changing the sub level with miniDSP and seeing what ARC does when I run it. I used to believe we aim for a 75db reference for the testing (which I had). If ARC Genesis does an upgrade, I will try it out, but as I said, the current sound is really good to my ears.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - ATI NC528 - Linkwitz LX521 Mains - Monitor Audio Gold C250 Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #9531 of 9732 Old 07-22-2019, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 2968 Post(s)
Liked: 1728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsterla View Post
I used to believe we aim for a 75db reference for the testing (which I had). If ARC Genesis does an upgrade, I will try it out, but as I said, the current sound is really good to my ears.
If it sounds good, don't fix it.

The only reason one calibrates the volume control for 75 dB is so it's easy to know the playback level relative to cinema standard. Otherwise it is of no importance.

If you have an SPL meter, and want to know how your volume control is calibrated, click on this link to download a zip file I posted in another AVS thread. It is an MP3 file, 5 seconds of "THX style" bandlimited pink noise, then 5 seconds of sine wave, both at -30 dBFS. Unzip it and play it from a USB or however you play MP3 files -- turn on looped playback if you want it to repeat. It is stereo format with only the L channel having signal. The noise section should produce 75 dB SPL. Ignore the sine wave.

If the volume control is indeed calibrated, your SPL meter will read 75 dB when the volume is set to 0. But you may find that ARC has set it such that you'll see 85 dB at 0. That happened to me so I dropped all the cals by 10.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"
post #9532 of 9732 Old 07-22-2019, 12:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 788
Read somewhere that some use an AC Infinity fan for their AVM60.

Why would you need cooling fans for a preamp?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #9533 of 9732 Old 07-22-2019, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post

Obvious answer: to keep it from getting too hot.

Longer answer: The AVM 60 installation spec calls for a minimum of 8" or air space above. That is not always practical and temperature above a certain point will lessen the lifetime of your electronics.

I have my AVM 60 inside a closed front, open backed cabinet. Looks nice. I have air from an AC vent in the floor of the room putting cool filtered air into the space below the cabinet and then a fan below the AVM 60 pulling air into that compartment and a back exit AC Infinity T8 taking the air out the top of the AVM 60 and out the back of the cabinet. Perhaps overkill, but the air out of the AVM is rarely over 82° F.

If the AVM 60 is in an open rack with lots of breathing room, likely no need for an AC Infinity.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6220.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	306.1 KB
ID:	2593576  

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #9534 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 04:40 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just want to sing the praises of professional audio and video calibrator, Chad B. (http://www.hdtvbychadb.com)!
I recently had him come to my home for his "Advanced Audio Calibration" service for my AVM 60-controlled home theater. I tried to do what I could on my own but Chad really opened up my sound and got my dual subs (SVS PB-2000) totally locked in. And he used his measurements to set up custom profiles with and without gain and for 2-channel music listening. Attached is PDF of my final settings and profiles. I know my set up and settings are unique to me and my space, but I highly recommend his services. I enjoy my home theater even more!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HDTVbyChadSettings7.16.19.pdf (639.9 KB, 28 views)
post #9535 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs1234 View Post
Obvious answer: to keep it from getting too hot.

Longer answer: The AVM 60 installation spec calls for a minimum of 8" or air space above. That is not always practical and temperature above a certain point will lessen the lifetime of your electronics.

I have my AVM 60 inside a closed front, open backed cabinet. Looks nice. I have air from an AC vent in the floor of the room putting cool filtered air into the space below the cabinet and then a fan below the AVM 60 pulling air into that compartment and a back exit AC Infinity T8 taking the air out the top of the AVM 60 and out the back of the cabinet. Perhaps overkill, but the air out of the AVM is rarely over 82° F.

If the AVM 60 is in an open rack with lots of breathing room, likely no need for an AC Infinity.
I just don't notice them getting that warm at all. It's just passing through video and the audio muscle is in the amps.

I have AC Infinity fans on both my amps.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #9536 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by erizock View Post
Just want to sing the praises of professional audio and video calibrator, Chad B. (http://www.hdtvbychadb.com)!
I recently had him come to my home for his "Advanced Audio Calibration" service for my AVM 60-controlled home theater. I tried to do what I could on my own but Chad really opened up my sound and got my dual subs (SVS PB-2000) totally locked in. And he used his measurements to set up custom profiles with and without gain and for 2-channel music listening. Attached is PDF of my final settings and profiles. I know my set up and settings are unique to me and my space, but I highly recommend his services. I enjoy my home theater even more!
ChadB did my video, and yes, he's excpetional.

I notice you have a lot of +12 levels in your report, which is problematic.

post #9537 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 09:53 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 415 Post(s)
Liked: 285
50 Hz seems a little low for crossover - according to measurements.

4.5 dB for room gain is also a little questionable. In my system, even 3 dB is not good for midbass.

Anthem MRX 720 | Parasound Halo A21
Dynaudio Contour 60 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
LG OLED65C7V
post #9538 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 11:57 AM
Advanced Member

@erizock is obviously very happy with the way his system sounds now with what Chad did for him.

Why cant you guys just let him be happy... and enjoy it.

You guys are terrible and have no idea what's going on in his room.

I'm sure Chad set things the way they are for a reason... after all he does know what he's doing..right?

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom Cabinets Fully build, SS-BS Triad Gold, 4 Atmos 3 way Core5's, Subs-1 Rythmik FV25HP & 4 HSU VTF-MK5-HP, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
post #9539 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post

For me it's not so much the 60 as it is the rest of the gear in the cabinet. For me it's the Dtv box, Panny ub820 and the OPPO-203 that make all the heat. My amplifiers are out on the floor... much too handsome to be hiding in a cabinet...that's if they would fit in a cabinet..lol

Orotund Desert Theater:14'x20'x10',100amp service, JVC RS620, 120" AT screen, Carada Masquerade Masking, OPPO-203 & Panny ub820, Anthem AVM60, Simaudio Moon Titan 7&5 channel amplifiers, ACInfinity Fans, L&R Polk SDA SRStl Fully built, CC 2 Polk RTA15tl in Custom Cabinets Fully build, SS-BS Triad Gold, 4 Atmos 3 way Core5's, Subs-1 Rythmik FV25HP & 4 HSU VTF-MK5-HP, 2 Rows of 3 Seatcraft Excalibur Lx Seats and more.
post #9540 of 9732 Old 07-23-2019, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello all,

I have an issue with Dolby Atmos processing that I think is related to the AVM60. I am currently watching The Martian 4K BluRay via an Oppo-203 which is feeding my AVM60 that is running a 5.1 system (height and back channels are OFF in the AVM60 speaker configuration).

When playing the Dolby Atmos audio track the main dialog audio is routed to the left surround channel rather than the center channel. This occurs when the HDMI audio output from the Oppo is set to Auto. When I switch the Oppo HDMI audio output to LPCM, the audio is routed correctly.

Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong? Is there a setting I am missing? I attempted to switch surround modes on the AVM60 when the Oppo was sending the undecoded Atmos signal to the AVM60, but it was locked to "Dolby Atmos" in the Anthem OSD. Normally I have it set to "Dolby Surround."

I have noticed similar weird channel routing when running audio tests from the AIX Records Audio Calibration Disc.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pani
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page