The Official Anthem AVM 60 thread - Page 321 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4185Likes

post #9601 of 9758 Old 08-21-2019, 12:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi Roger,

Looks like if Anthem can tweak the attenuation just a tad that we would have it nailed. I agree though that the occurrence of having a signal around 260 Hz at 0 dBFS is very small, meaning I should not encounter any more clipping. Anthem did a great job on this last update to fix the problem. I did make a small adjustment to all of the speakers in matching the low frequency roll off to the curves. For example, the default roll off for the fronts was 80 hz .. I changed that to 40 hz to better match the natural roll off of the speakers. I noticed a slight increase in clarity of the bass, think I will just stay with this as it is working much better now.

Craig
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9602 of 9758 Old 08-21-2019, 12:48 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 402 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5669 Post(s)
Liked: 5533
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNZ View Post
Hi Roger,

Looks like if Anthem can tweak the attenuation just a tad that we would have it nailed. I agree though that the occurrence of having a signal around 260 Hz at 0 dBFS is very small, meaning I should not encounter any more clipping. Anthem did a great job on this last update to fix the problem. I did make a small adjustment to all of the speakers in matching the low frequency roll off to the curves. For example, the default roll off for the fronts was 80 hz .. I changed that to 40 hz to better match the natural roll off of the speakers. I noticed a slight increase in clarity of the bass, think I will just stay with this as it is working much better now.

Craig
I think you absolutely should just stick with that for now You've seemed to have gotten a very solid correction result and clipping at the upper limits as close to 0.0 dBfs as you are is a complete non-event unless you typically listen to anything well above reference level...

With that said, should you ever run Genesis again in the near future, I wholly agree with Roger that dropping your sub gain down about 10dB should alleviate the problem and drag your target reference down to 85dB.

European Models do not accept banana plugs
Belly of the Beast: Bass Bunker Theater
post #9603 of 9758 Old 08-21-2019, 01:44 PM

Re-measure sub only

If I remember correctly, I should be able to load the ARC file, re-measure only the sub, then upload the new calculations to the AVM60 .. is that right, or do I need to run the entire set again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9604 of 9758 Old 08-22-2019, 04:50 AM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 3375 Post(s)
Liked: 2240
I went back to my last arc configuration and this time tried 500hz Profile 2 and 20khz flat Profile 1 and have to say Im very impressed with the 500hz really opens up the soundstage. The 20khz is too flat ( no pun intended ) for example I tried the Dolby Atmos demo disc the first one with the rain and with the 500hz the rain sounded like it was on the roof and the 20khz sounded like it was on the roof but on the bottom floor of a two storey house. Will try more material but I'm very happy the way its going.
SimonNo10 likes this.

God Bless!
Equipment: Bose Soundbar; 1951 Philco Model 50-T701 Black and White tabletop TV;Projection :HANIMEX ZOOM 8 MM PROJECTOR
post #9605 of 9758 Old 08-22-2019, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Hi all, my brother is interested in the AVM60 and has a couple of questions I can't answer, any help is appreciated....

Is the HDMI Out 2 on the AVM-60 possible to use for Zone 2?
Does the display connected to HDMI1 re-handshake when a TV connected to HDMI2 is turned on?

Thanks.

Also, thanks to Genesis I discovered a blown mid in one of my S8s, luckily ARC was able to compensate rather well until my replacement.

John

Anthem AVM 60, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" Curved AT Scope Screen, Epson Pro Cinema LS10000 Laser 3D Projector, Samsung 4K Blu-ray Player, Oculus Rift, Quest and Go VR, Xbox One X, PS4, Clark Synthesis Transducer For Chair
post #9606 of 9758 Old 08-22-2019, 05:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Liked: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by studlygoorite View Post
Hi all, my brother is interested in the AVM60 and has a couple of questions I can't answer, any help is appreciated....

Is the HDMI Out 2 on the AVM-60 possible to use for Zone 2?
Does the display connected to HDMI1 re-handshake when a TV connected to HDMI2 is turned on?

Thanks.

Also, thanks to Genesis I discovered a blown mid in one of my S8s, luckily ARC was able to compensate rather well until my replacement.

John
I believe the HDMI 2 output is intended to go to a TV, although there is no reason why it should not be able to connect to another device. I do not have an answer on the handshake concern.

Preet
My humble yet growing like weeds SACD collection
HT: Anthem AVM60, Anthem MCA 50, Anthem PVA 7, Oppo BDP-103, Sony HAP-Z1ES, PS3, Graham Slee ULDE, Graham Slee ERA Gold V, Pioneer PL 518 turntable
SP: Paradigm Studio 100's, CC 690, Studio 20's SR, Studio 20's Atmos, SVS SB16 Ultra
post #9607 of 9758 Old 08-22-2019, 09:24 PM

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 3029 Post(s)
Liked: 1783
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigNZ View Post
Craig, did you detect the clipping problem before or after you changed the crossover frequency? If after, change it back and check again.

Deadwood II Theater (Previous Deadwood Theater HTOM)
Anthem AVM 60 7.4.4; Classé SSP-800 PLIIx 7.4; MiniDSP OpenDRC-AN
Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
JVC RS520; Stewart Cima Neve screen 125" diag 2.35:1, MLP at 115"

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 08-23-2019 at 08:25 AM. Reason: spelting air
post #9608 of 9758 Old 08-22-2019, 10:07 PM

I changed the crossovers after I checked for clipping. I ran the Genesis program, then downloaded the correction curves to the AVM60. I then measured for clipping. After reporting the results and agreeing the correction was good enough I then changed the cross over points, recalculated the correction curves and then uploaded to the AVM60. The clipping is same as before but not really a problem since it is unlikely the input signal will jump to 0dBFS between 252 and 280 Hz for very long .. likely some sort of transient impulse. And it is only one speaker, all others are good now.
Roger Dressler likes this.
post #9609 of 9758 Old 08-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by decibels View Post
I believe the HDMI 2 output is intended to go to a TV, although there is no reason why it should not be able to connect to another device. I do not have an answer on the handshake concern.

You are correct sir, just tried it and HDMI out2 will not project zone2. Thanks

Anthem AVM 60, Paradigm Sub 2, Paradigm S8s with C5, Anthem Statement M1 Amps, 174" Curved AT Scope Screen, Epson Pro Cinema LS10000 Laser 3D Projector, Samsung 4K Blu-ray Player, Oculus Rift, Quest and Go VR, Xbox One X, PS4, Clark Synthesis Transducer For Chair
post #9610 of 9758 Old 08-23-2019, 03:19 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilpani View Post
Hello all,

I have an issue with Dolby Atmos processing that I think is related to the AVM60. I am currently watching The Martian 4K BluRay via an Oppo-203 which is feeding my AVM60 that is running a 5.1 system (height and back channels are OFF in the AVM60 speaker configuration).

When playing the Dolby Atmos audio track the main dialog audio is routed to the left surround channel rather than the center channel. This occurs when the HDMI audio output from the Oppo is set to Auto. When I switch the Oppo HDMI audio output to LPCM, the audio is routed correctly.

Anyone have any ideas what is going wrong? Is there a setting I am missing? I attempted to switch surround modes on the AVM60 when the Oppo was sending the undecoded Atmos signal to the AVM60, but it was locked to "Dolby Atmos" in the Anthem OSD. Normally I have it set to "Dolby Surround."

I have noticed similar weird channel routing when running audio tests from the AIX Records Audio Calibration Disc.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pani
Just as an update, after trying multiple software updates with Anthem support, they recommended replacement of the unit which I did through Crutchfield. The process was very simple thanks to them and the new unit does not experience any problems decoding and routing uncompressed Atmos (TrueHD) audio content.

Unfortunately though, now I have a new problem!

After shutting the unit off with the remote control (IP control is ON), after a while the unit will be frozen and will not switch on. Neither the remote control or pressing the power button on the unit itself will switch the unit on.

I have to unplug and reinsert the power cord before the unit will power on. Once that happens everything works as a normal for a while. After a day or so, however, the unit will freeze up again.

Any thoughts on what to do to fix this new problem?

Thanks,
Pani
post #9611 of 9758 Old 08-23-2019, 09:21 PM

Quote:
After shutting the unit off with the remote control (IP control is ON), after a while the unit will be frozen and will not switch on. Neither the remote control or pressing the power button on the unit itself will switch the unit on.
Do you also have "Standby IP Control" enabled? If not, do so.

Oppo UDP-203; Oppo BDP-93; Win10 media PC w/Roon+Kodi; Roku Ultra; DirecTV Genie
Adam Audio S3V/S3H LCR, KEF Ci200QS 4 srrnd, Tannoy Di6 DC 4 hts, Hsu ULS-15 4 subs
post #9612 of 9758 Old 08-24-2019, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
Do you also have "Standby IP Control" enabled? If not, do so.
Yes, I checked that as well and Standby IP control is enabled. There must be something else going on, as I don't understand why the physical power button on the front of the unit gets locked out as well.

It seems these AVM's can be quite temperamental!

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
post #9613 of 9758 Old 08-24-2019, 06:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Yes, I checked that as well and Standby IP control is enabled. There must be something else going on, as I don't understand why the physical power button on the front of the unit gets locked out as well.

It seems these AVM's can be quite temperamental!

Do you have the AVM hardwired to your network, or is it using wireless? If wireless, I would encourage you to hardwire it. Networking seems to be the most temperamental aspect of these AVM's, and has been the cause of mine locking up on several occasions in the past. You may also want to ensure you update to the most current firmware. Anthem provided me a beta version of their firmware about a year ago that resolved most of my network issues. The last of my networking issues were with Play-Fi, and I resolved those about a month ago by installing a hardwired access point in the media room, which provides such a strong and reliable signal, I can now stream 192kx24bit music over 5Ghz without any issues.
post #9614 of 9758 Old 08-24-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhankey View Post
Do you have the AVM hardwired to your network, or is it using wireless? If wireless, I would encourage you to hardwire it. Networking seems to be the most temperamental aspect of these AVM's, and has been the cause of mine locking up on several occasions in the past. You may also want to ensure you update to the most current firmware. Anthem provided me a beta version of their firmware about a year ago that resolved most of my network issues. The last of my networking issues were with Play-Fi, and I resolved those about a month ago by installing a hardwired access point in the media room, which provides such a strong and reliable signal, I can now stream 192kx24bit music over 5Ghz without any issues.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Yes, the AVM60 is connected to my network via ethernet and I updated the software via USB right after receiving the replacement unit. I can ask Anthem if there is some additional beta software, but it never came up during the troubleshooting with the prior unit.
post #9615 of 9758 Old 08-24-2019, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Yes, I checked that as well and Standby IP control is enabled.
Ok, try turning off both IP control options. Does that restore power control (front panel and IR)? Might be useful diagnostic info for Anthem.

99% of the time I use an IR repeater from both the AVM 60 remote or a Harmony.

I hope they get this cleared up for you.

post #9616 of 9758 Old 08-28-2019, 02:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post
Not a chance . I’m actually very happy with the sound using no room correction . Wish I tried my Marantz with room correction off too .

Only thing I’ve lost is the great rear Channel effects I had with my Marantz pre Pro when I listened to music videos on YouTube . But we’re not going to go there
Howdy Major, Mark at AV Therapy here. Just a quick note about ARC (or Dirac) and audio transparency for critical music listening.

Though we've had great results many times in a theater system using ARC fully for movies, when doing 2-channel listening, the best results are limiting the software to correcting 500hz and down (had a customer tell me he liked 1K and down). This became much more a subject with products like the Anthem STR stereo pieces and Dirac enabled NAD M10 and C658.

Though you can hear what the full-range fixes it sounds better keeping it out of the mids and highs...and that typically sounds better than none at least in our testing. Being an old-school analog guy myself I would always default to bypass any of that, but hearing the tests we did there is something to be had that I preferred over bypass by far. Regardless, FYI and something you can try for a possible free upgrade (esp. with ARC Genesis which is an improvement over the old ARC). :-)
post #9617 of 9758 Old 08-28-2019, 03:23 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio Video Therapy View Post
Howdy Major, Mark at AV Therapy here. Just a quick note about ARC (or Dirac) and audio transparency for critical music listening.

Though we've had great results many times in a theater system using ARC fully for movies, when doing 2-channel listening, the best results are limiting the software to correcting 500hz and down (had a customer tell me he liked 1K and down). This became much more a subject with products like the Anthem STR stereo pieces and Dirac enabled NAD M10 and C658.

Though you can hear what the full-range fixes it sounds better keeping it out of the mids and highs...and that typically sounds better than none at least in our testing. Being an old-school analog guy myself I would always default to bypass any of that, but hearing the tests we did there is something to be had that I preferred over bypass by far. Regardless, FYI and something you can try for a possible free upgrade (esp. with ARC Genesis which is an improvement over the old ARC). :-)
I am an "audiophile" and use the AVM 60 as my main preamp these days for precisely these reasons. I used REW to figure out where my speakers needed correction and based on my room, going up to 1KHz had benefit (I had one dip post 500Hz that I thought changed the sound). ARC Genesis is really solid. I have even chose to run my turntable through the AVM which means (gasp) I digitize my analog system for output. The truth is that it is quite transparent. I have a very good analog rig and the benefit of room correction outweighs any veiling (and it would be pretty minor) that the A/D conversion adds.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - ATI NC528 - Linkwitz LX521 Mains - Monitor Audio Gold C250 Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #9618 of 9758 Old 08-28-2019, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsterla View Post
I am an "audiophile" and use the AVM 60 as my main preamp these days for precisely these reasons. I used REW to figure out where my speakers needed correction and based on my room, going up to 1KHz had benefit (I had one dip post 500Hz that I thought changed the sound). ARC Genesis is really solid. I have even chose to run my turntable through the AVM which means (gasp) I digitize my analog system for output. The truth is that it is quite transparent. I have a very good analog rig and the benefit of room correction outweighs any veiling (and it would be pretty minor) that the A/D conversion adds.
Since the AVM 60 has audio analog inputs you could use those as long as you have a phono preamp. That is how I am running my turntable. No need to digitize for the input, but I am sure you know that. Obviously if you are doing ARC processing the signal is being digitized internally in either case.

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #9619 of 9758 Old 08-28-2019, 05:30 PM

Quote:
I have even chose to run my turntable through the AVM which means (gasp) I digitize my analog system for output. The truth is that it is quite transparent. I have a very good analog rig and the benefit of room correction outweighs any veiling (and it would be pretty minor) that the A/D conversion adds.
As long as you have committed to digital conversion, I'd recommend taking full advantage. I run my LP's through a nice tube phono preamp, into a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, captured by Audio Audition. The AA program has excellent tools for removing clicks and pops -- quite amazing. Then I use VinylStudio to break the tracks and apply tagging. Once stored in the Roon library they play like any other digital files, full album art and automatic rotation. The most convenience I've ever had with my record collection. Can play them at any volume with no fear of feedback, too.

Last edited by Roger Dressler; 08-28-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #9620 of 9758 Old 08-28-2019, 05:41 PM

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 180
I have about 150 CD ripped (FLAC) which we use in our cars and are also available in our home theater, but we rarely listen to them there. However after going for 35 years without listening to a "record", (we lived on a boat when we were first married and when we bought a house, CDs were the thing), we recently re-discovered our combined 270 record collection as my wife started to catalog them to give to a vinyl loving friend. There is something very nice and interactive to selecting a album, studying the cover and then carefully putting it on the turntable and lowering the tonearm. Our friend lost out and we are enjoying records for the first time in a very long time, and given our current system, they never sounded better.

SONY VPL-VW385ES, Da-Lite 92" 0.9 HD progressive 16x9 screen, Apple TV 4K, HDFury Integral 2, Oppo UDP 203, Panasonic DP-UB820, Anthem AVM 60, D-Sonic 4000 (800x3, 400x4) for bed layer, 2 Crown XLS 1002 (225x4) for Atmos; Speakers: Polk LSiM 705s, 703 front, 4 702F/X surround, 4 Polk TL3 (Atmos), Dual Velodyne DD15 Subwoofers.
post #9621 of 9758 Old 08-29-2019, 11:51 AM

Does the AVM60 require both wireless antennas? The reason I ask is because I have only one connected and when I do a manual wireless setup it shows my wireless network 4 times in the list. I have selected each one and entered the password but it fails. The wireless network is a mesh system with 3 antennas so not sure if that is confusing it, or if there is only one antenna.
post #9622 of 9758 Old 08-31-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Dressler View Post
Ok, try turning off both IP control options. Does that restore power control (front panel and IR)? Might be useful diagnostic info for Anthem.

99% of the time I use an IR repeater from both the AVM 60 remote or a Harmony.

I hope they get this cleared up for you.
Sadly, I'm still dealing with this issue and it is getting worse. Now there are times that the unit will be frozen even after plugging the power supply back in. As a result you cannot power on the unit. If the ethernet cable is disconnected, then there is no problem. So it seems to be a problem with the ethernet/Play-Fi connection. I have reset my home network router multiple times and have tried static and auto DHCP, but none of that seemed to help.

I need to keep IP Control ON and Standby IP Control ON as the unit is in a different room than the listening room. Also, both are required to power on the unit via Play-Fi, which I (used to) use frequently.

I reinstalled the Play-Fi software via USB as instructed on the Play-Fi website, but that only temporarily fixed the problem. I hope I hear back from Anthem soon, but it is very frustrating. Any other thoughts of things to try would be appreciated.
post #9623 of 9758 Old 09-03-2019, 01:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 119
I haven't followed this thread in months, so hopefully this wasn't already mentioned. I've had an 65" LG C9 OLED for about a month now. I was hoping to use eARC someday. So I emailed my contact at Anthem. He told me the only way we could get HDMI 2.1 in the future (and thus, eARC) would be to buy a new processor which they are currently working on. No plans to add 2.1 to the AVM60. I would have gladly mailed them my unit and paid a fair sum to get a 2.1 retro-fit It's a bummer.
post #9624 of 9758 Old 09-03-2019, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Olson View Post
I haven't followed this thread in months, so hopefully this wasn't already mentioned. I've had an 65" LG C9 OLED for about a month now. I was hoping to use eARC someday. So I emailed my contact at Anthem. He told me the only way we could get HDMI 2.1 in the future (and thus, eARC) would be to buy a new processor which they are currently working on. No plans to add 2.1 to the AVM60. I would have gladly mailed them my unit and paid a fair sum to get a 2.1 retro-fit It's a bummer.
What will you miss most on e-Arc? I believe it's not gonna be an issue for me since I prefer to use external sources.

My only complaint about AVM 60 is the lack of HDR10+ support. I've already contacted support about it, but they didn't give me a definitive answer.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Sent while surfing
post #9625 of 9758 Old 09-03-2019, 07:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket-RJ View Post
What will you miss most on e-Arc? I believe it's not gonna be an issue for me since I prefer to use external sources.

My only complaint about AVM 60 is the lack of HDR10+ support. I've already contacted support about it, but they didn't give me a definitive answer.

It's not what what I'll miss, it's what I won't miss. With eARC, we don't need that terrible clusterf%@k called CEC! I have to constantly change inputs on my C9 as well as my AVM60 just to get audio out of the TV. And sometimes I have to go into the TV and force it to send ARC out even though it's the default setting. And other times it's an issue with the AVM60

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk
post #9626 of 9758 Old 09-03-2019, 07:39 PM
Advanced Member

Genesis Issue??

Hi all,

After downloading and running Genesis I discovered a blown midrange in my left front S8 (see genesis pdf#1). Purchased a new one from Anthem/Paradigm and after installing it and running Genesis again it looks like I now have another issue. (see genesis pdf#2)

Note that because of the dip at 170 Hz Genesis has set my front crossover to 200 Hz (it would always set it to 80 Hz previously), running Genesis three more times yielded the same results, a crossover of between 200 and 225 Hz. (Not good for Paradigm Signature S8s v2).

There is sound coming from this new midrange there was no sound from the old one (but Genesis still set the crossover to 80 Hz) and there is sound from all 4 mid woofers. While I wait for a reply from Anthem I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Maybe the speaker (midrange) needs to be worked in or maybe its a crossover issue inside the S8? I have since forced Genesis to set the crossover for the fronts to 80 Hz (see Genesis pdf#5) as listening to it with the 225 Hz crossover was unacceptable.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: pdf genesis1.pdf (334.1 KB, 20 views)
File Type: pdf Genesis2.pdf (334.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: pdf genesis5redo.pdf (334.6 KB, 10 views)

post #9627 of 9758 Old 09-03-2019, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Olson View Post
It's not what what I'll miss, it's what I won't miss. With eARC, we don't need that terrible clusterf%@k called CEC! I have to constantly change inputs on my C9 as well as my AVM60 just to get audio out of the TV. And sometimes I have to go into the TV and force it to send ARC out even though it's the default setting. And other times it's an issue with the AVM60

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk
I see... I've disabled CEC and I'm using a Harmony Elite remote.

Sent while surfing
post #9628 of 9758 Old 09-04-2019, 09:54 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by studlygoorite View Post
Hi all,

After downloading and running Genesis I discovered a blown midrange in my left front S8 (see genesis pdf#1). Purchased a new one from Anthem/Paradigm and after installing it and running Genesis again it looks like I now have another issue. (see genesis pdf#2)

Note that because of the dip at 170 Hz Genesis has set my front crossover to 200 Hz (it would always set it to 80 Hz previously), running Genesis three more times yielded the same results, a crossover of between 200 and 225 Hz. (Not good for Paradigm Signature S8s v2).

There is sound coming from this new midrange there was no sound from the old one (but Genesis still set the crossover to 80 Hz) and there is sound from all 4 mid woofers. While I wait for a reply from Anthem I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this. Maybe the speaker (midrange) needs to be worked in or maybe its a crossover issue inside the S8? I have since forced Genesis to set the crossover for the fronts to 80 Hz (see Genesis pdf#5) as listening to it with the 225 Hz crossover was unacceptable.

Thanks
Well Anthem got back to me and if anyone thought that maybe I was a dumb ass and hooked my mid-range up out of phase then you would be correct. Can't believe I did that.
mamsterla and WOKNROX like this.

post #9629 of 9758 Old 09-04-2019, 04:37 PM

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket-RJ View Post
I see... I've disabled CEC and I'm using a Harmony Elite remote.

I have been successfully using a Harmony Elite setup in a pretty complex system. Definitely better than CEC.
Cricket-RJ likes this.

Anthem AVM60 - ATI 2005 - ATI NC528 - Linkwitz LX521 Mains - Monitor Audio Gold C250 Center - Dynaudio Audience 42 Surround - Dynaudio Audience 52 rears - Velodyne DD-15 - Rythmik Audio F15HP - Oppo BDP-105D - Oppo UDP-203 - Sony PS4 Pro - Xbox One X - Layer3tv - LG OLED65E8PUA - Thorens TD-124 - Lounge Audio Gold phono preamp - PS Audio Premier power
post #9630 of 9758 Old 09-04-2019, 04:44 PM

Quote:
I have been successfully using a Harmony Elite setup in a pretty complex system. Definitely better than CEC.
Yep. Along with Amazon Echo integration, I'm controlling several devices flawlessly.

Sent while surfing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
antehm arc genesis , anthem avm 60 , the official anthem avm60 thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page