The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 195 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101726Likes

post #5821 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 03:27 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 742 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22604 Post(s)
Liked: 12298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougb59 View Post
Thank you JD for the replies to my questions. I've spent some time reading your explanation, the manual, Batpig's Denon Dictionary/tutorial, and experimenting with my Zone 2 setup (before I actually install it). I appreciate all the great information.

If I'm understanding correctly, when I'm using my AVR-X6200W to route video and audio to Zone 2 at the same time it is feeding Zone 1 (4K TV & 5.2.4 Atmos), the Zone 1 video output will be downgraded to whatever the resolution is of my Zone 2 monitor (probably a 1080P 32" TV being viewed from about 10 feet). This isn't a huge deal, but is kind of frustrating. It makes me consider buying a 32" 4K TV (if there is such a thing) just to preserve maximum resolution on my main TV (I'm sure that 4K won't provide a visible benefit on a 32" screen from 10').

Also, am I to understand that when I'm feeding my Zone 2 speakers (just 2-channel stereo), my Zone 1 sound will also be downgraded from 5.2.4 Atmos (or whatever surround encoding he source provides) to two-channel stereo? FYI, the Zone 2 speakers will be fed from the Zone 2 preamp outs and an old receiver acting as the amp.

Does it matter if we have different sources playing in each zone (i.e. satellite TV in Zone 1, DVD in Zone 2)?

Or am I misunderstanding how this works? It appears that there are a few options for configuring Zone 2 – is there a preferred way to achieve maximum performance?

1. Correct.
2. Correct.
3. Yes. Audio only down mixed in the main zone when the same source is playing to both zones at the same time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5822 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 03:38 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad3333 View Post
Thanks JD,
I understand that its 7.1 receiver, my question was more on switching between Atmos and non Atmos sound streams, i like to keep the back speakers configured in a way that they will be in use during Dolby True HD soundtracks Vs Atmos\DTX, which they appear not to be the case without making them as "surround back" amplification assign.
I know before running Audessey i had assigned the back speakers as TML or Top Middle.
There are a few things i need to confirm but i had weired experience with my new X1200

1. While playing Netflix and with a movie that had HD sound via my Samsung 6500 Blue ray player, the movie "score" soundtrack only seems to be playing from Front Left speaker ? Blue ray has been configured and used with other denons without issues, the problem seems to disappear after i switched the movie back and forth?
2. Sound volume while in Netflix via samsung BlueRay was very low ( i had to turn it up to 75), even though i turned up Source level t0 12 and tryed to increase other settings to boost the sound, while listening to it in Audessey reference( may be this has something to do with it)
3. You tube off the same Blue Ray was quite loud and no issues, online music and playing Blueray soundtrack it was loud enough at 60-65.
Its strange issue i had with Netflix that i did not notice with my other receiver on the different Danon.
I am testing everything to make sure all is well, let me know if someone else has seen this happen, i had properly calibrated and confirmed speakers volume and placement prior to running Audessey and after as well.
sometimes the info Button does not have TML and TMR ( my back surrounds) highlighted while pressing info button but they are listed in active speakers, even though they were not highlighted i saw sound output coming from this speakers so this is another strange behavior i am trying to investigate.

1. Check for a loose speaker wire connection. Refer to post 5 of this thread and first do a "soft reset" followed by a microprocessor reset if necessary.
2. Different sources will have different volume levels. As long as you don't need to raise the volume above 80, you're fine.
3. The height speakers (ie. TML/TMR in your use case) would never be highlighted in the input signal, rather only in the active speakers.
post #5823 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 04:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
For some reason your menu Manual -> Speakers -> Crossovers is missing an option. Maybe a selection that you've made in some other menu is disabling it.

At the top of the Crossovers menu there should be an option named "Speaker Selection" which can be set to either "All" or "Individual".

When "Speaker Selection = All", all of your speakers use the same crossover frequency, which usually is not appropriate. When "All" has been selected, only a single crossover frequency is available in the Bass menu, which is what you're seeing now. When "Individual" has been selected, you'll see a crossover frequency option available for each of the three front speakers plus one for every pair of surround and overhead speakers that you have.

Somehow the option "Speaker Selection" needs to be changed from "All" to "Individual", so we need to find out what other menu option is disabling that option.

What is shown when you go to the "Amp Assign" menu?

In most cases it should be "11.1 ch", and under that should be listed the availability of the speakers in your system -- by that I mean the settings in the receiver which tells it which speakers are connected and by what means.

It'll probably be easier if you access the receiver's Web pages and do screengrabs of them instead of photographing the TV screen.

Here's what mine shows. (I have a Marantz, so the color scheme is different. Otherwise the menus should be identical.)
I just moved so everything is currently disconnected

I've been going on memory alone and I guess I missremembered what that screen looked like when full of speakers.

So there's no way of choosing different crossover levels to go to different subs from that section of the menu...

What if...What if I went GTX 690's HDMI Out > Denon > sub 1 to subwoofer / Denon's HDMI Out > second Denon > sub 1 to subwoofer > second Denon's HDMI Out > PC Monitor

Crazy and stupid probably, but would it work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5824 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 04:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 535
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I had to go in and make sure mine connected before jumping on, it takes a couple of minutes for the WIFI to connect.

Took awhile but I now have:

Version 0772-8181-8264-04
DTS 3.90.35.00
same here took a while but I also have the same.

Does anyone know aside from DTS-X what else has changed or been updated?

I was experiencing audio dropouts on my FIOS cable TV box, not always but here and there. I do not experience this on any other of my devices so I was wondering if maybe this code update would maybe fix that. I am assuming the issue is not my FIOS box or service but anything is possible. My prior receiver did not experience this issue which leads me to think that it's not FIOS etc.

Den - LG 65 OLEDE7P - Denon AVR-X4200W - Definitive Mythos STS - ProCenter 2000 - SR-8040BP - SVS Ultra-13 - DTV 4K - XBOX One S
Media - LG 65 OLEDC8 - AVR-X4400 - KFL28F - Vienna Acoustics Center - Def GEMS Rear - Def A60 Atmos - Monitor Silver SUB - DTV 4K - XBOX One X
My YouTube Tech Channel - https://www.youtube.com/c/TechFan
post #5825 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Flip your logic around -- doesn't setting speakers to large defeat the purpose of spending money on fancy subwoofers?

Let them do the job they were meant to do. Speakers with big woofers or powered subs built in almost never are as good in the bottom octaves as a dedicated subwoofer system. As someone noted above there is still plenty of work to do above 60-80hz. You're talking about handing off 1/2 or 1 octave of a 10 octave range.
Edge of tomorrow does 6 hz. A reason to add large subs to any system.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
post #5826 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 258 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shniks View Post
No Neural X is the upmixer (like DSU).

Cheers,
Hmmm then I guess my update didn't go as well as I thought.... Any workarounds suggested ? Should I try to re apply the update ? Is there a way to reset the firmware?

| Sony XBR65AE1 | Denon X6200W | 7.2.4 | Oppo 203 | Nvidia Shield | Harmony Elite |
| Emotiva mini-X a-100 | Ascend CMT-340 | Emotiva ERD-1 | SVS SB2000 + Martin Logan Abyss |
| PS4 Pro | Xbox One X |
|Sony XBR65X950B | Samsung UN49KS8000 |
post #5827 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:09 AM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2848
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak Gara View Post
I just moved so everything is currently disconnected

I've been going on memory alone and I guess I missremembered what that screen looked like when full of speakers.

So there's no way of choosing different crossover levels to go to different subs from that section of the menu...

What if...What if I went GTX 690's HDMI Out > Denon > sub 1 to subwoofer / Denon's HDMI Out > second Denon > sub 1 to subwoofer > second Denon's HDMI Out > PC Monitor

Crazy and stupid probably, but would it work?
That'd make it rather hard to equalize the sub that's on the second AVR, since its signal would be bypassing the main AVR. Both subs need to be EQ'd simultaneously with the same testing signal in order to get an accurate result.

Check to see if your subs have their own built-in adjustable low pass filters. Most do. External filters also are available.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #5828 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:13 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
No word yet.
Hopefully it's by the end of March at the latest. I can't wait longer than that
post #5829 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:28 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
That'd make it rather hard to equalize the sub that's on the second AVR, since its signal would be bypassing the main AVR. Both subs need to be EQ'd simultaneously with the same testing signal in order to get an accurate result.

Check to see if your subs have their own built-in adjustable low pass filters. Most do. External filters also are available.
It does, but only goes down to 50hz. An RCA Y splitter with one side having a 40hz steep sloped external filter sounds like it could help. It would be a lot cheaper than an HDMI splitter to a second AVR!
post #5830 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 752 Post(s)
Liked: 252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeneize12 View Post
Hmmm then I guess my update didn't go as well as I thought.... Any workarounds suggested ? Should I try to re apply the update ? Is there a way to reset the firmware?
Its not your firmware. It is your source settings.
post #5831 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 07:08 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalofloyd View Post
It took a minute to download and the update process is going fast.
What is the rack your gear is on. Is your tv attached to a bracket on the stand behind gear or is it mounted on the wall. Love the Pink Floyd. Saw them in '88 in Denver on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. Great stuff.
post #5832 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 07:10 AM

Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Just upgraded to the Denon X4200 from a Pioneer VSX-1028. Had a few questions since I'm new to the Denon/Audyssey world.

- When starting to run Audyssey XT32, I'm asked to turn down the sub volume until it's in the 73-78db range. This results in the knob being at the 10 o'clock position. Once the calibrations were run, my sub was set to -6 db but even after bumping it up 5 db to -1 db the bass seems kind of weak without Dynamic EQ on.

Previously, MCACC would set my sub to -6db when the volume knob was at the 1 o-clock position which I would bump up to -2 db. Even through the Pioneer didn't have Dynamic EQ, this would result in very powerful bass in the room. Any idea what's going on? Should I retry running Audyssey?

- Is there any way to check the EQ being applied to the sub by Audyssey? I know it does some pretty impressive stuff down there so would be nice to know.

Appreciate your help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5833 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by deusirae View Post
What is the rack your gear is on. Is your tv attached to a bracket on the stand behind gear or is it mounted on the wall. Love the Pink Floyd. Saw them in '88 in Denver on their Momentary Lapse of Reason tour. Great stuff.
Thanks man, things look slightly different now. My TV is attached to the entertainment center which is a Z-Line if I remember right. I really love the stand but being open it's really susceptible to dust and I'm not one who like to dust a lot lol. I have that show you were at too

My Home Theater Set-Up 2011... http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...atre%20Set-Up/

PC/HTPC: Xeon X5650 > ASUS Strix GTX970 >
RECEIVER: Denon X4200W (5.1.4 setup) >
TV: Samsung LN52A650 >
SPEAKERS: Energy RC-70 x 2, RC-LCR, RC-30 x 2, RC-10 x 4, Mirage Prestige S10
post #5834 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Question X6200W/X7200W amp assignment question

I'm currently using an AVR-4311 in a 11.1 configuration with Front Wide and Front Height speakers, the latter being driven by an external amp. I'm generally using A-DSX in Wide+Height mode.

I'd now like to add Top Middle (TM) overhead speakers, while retaining the option to use A-DSX with both FW and FH.

As far as I interpret the X7200W's user manual, this should be possible by adding another external amp and setting both HEIGHT1 (FH) and HEIGHT2 (TM) to Pre-Out mode. I presume A-DSX will then utilize FW+FH, and Atmos/DTS:X FH+TM.

Is the same also possible with the X6200W? The X6200W's manual is a bit terse on the Pre-Out options.

Thanks!
Olli
post #5835 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by islay View Post
Just upgraded to the Denon X4200 from a Pioneer VSX-1028. Had a few questions since I'm new to the Denon/Audyssey world.

- When starting to run Audyssey XT32, I'm asked to turn down the sub volume until it's in the 73-78db range. This results in the knob being at the 10 o'clock position. Once the calibrations were run, my sub was set to -6 db but even after bumping it up 5 db to -1 db the bass seems kind of weak without Dynamic EQ on.

Previously, MCACC would set my sub to -6db when the volume knob was at the 1 o-clock position which I would bump up to -2 db. Even through the Pioneer didn't have Dynamic EQ, this would result in very powerful bass in the room. Any idea what's going on? Should I retry running Audyssey?

- Is there any way to check the EQ being applied to the sub by Audyssey? I know it does some pretty impressive stuff down there so would be nice to know.

Appreciate your help!

Sorry, but no. Simply increase the Subwoofer Level to suit your preference and call it a day.
post #5836 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:15 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
1. Check for a loose speaker wire connection. Refer to post 5 of this thread and first do a "soft reset" followed by a microprocessor reset if necessary.
2. Different sources will have different volume levels. As long as you don't need to raise the volume above 80, you're fine.
3. The height speakers (ie. TML/TMR in your use case) would never be highlighted in the input signal, rather only in the active speakers.

Thanks i did not know this, the connections were verified with speaker setup and work fine, all speaker test were successful when this happened.
post #5837 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by owagner View Post
I'm currently using an AVR-4311 in a 11.1 configuration with Front Wide and Front Height speakers, the latter being driven by an external amp. I'm generally using A-DSX in Wide+Height mode.

I'd now like to add Top Middle (TM) overhead speakers, while retaining the option to use A-DSX with both FW and FH.

As far as I interpret the X7200W's user manual, this should be possible by adding another external amp and setting both HEIGHT1 (FH) and HEIGHT2 (TM) to Pre-Out mode. I presume A-DSX will then utilize FW+FH, and Atmos/DTS:X FH+TM.

Is the same also possible with the X6200W? The X6200W's manual is a bit terse on the Pre-Out options.

Thanks!
Olli
Yup.
owagner likes this.
post #5838 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but no. Simply increase the Subwoofer Level to suit your preference and call it a day.

Thanks. Would you say most people would find Audyssey's setting for the sub to be on the low side? Is running the sub 5db hot unusual?

post #5839 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by satboy View Post
same here took a while but I also have the same.

Does anyone know aside from DTS-X what else has changed or been updated?

I was experiencing audio dropouts on my FIOS cable TV box, not always but here and there. I do not experience this on any other of my devices so I was wondering if maybe this code update would maybe fix that. I am assuming the issue is not my FIOS box or service but anything is possible. My prior receiver did not experience this issue which leads me to think that it's not FIOS etc.

1. I'll post the firmware change log in post 6 of this thread when available which will include the other fixes included.
2. The issue is indeed your FIOS box, however, AFAIK, Denon is working with Verizon to resolve the issue. Work around is to connect FIOS (HDMI) to the TV and FIOS (optical) to the AVR.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 02-19-2016 at 10:33 AM.
post #5840 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thanks. Would you say most people would find Audyssey's setting for the sub to be on the low side? Is running the sub 5db hot unusual?

Yup. Nope. A minimum of +5db after running Audyssey is normal as is using Dynamic EQ.
post #5841 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6052
I always check my levels with spears and munsil version 2 running in the blu-ray player. It has the proper tones for speakers and subs that should report 75db's when the AVR is set to reference volume. Using a CM140 from cross spectrum, I usually find my speakers report 75-76db's, and the subs are usually 69-71db's, so I boost them to match.

I dislike Dyn EQ and do not use it.
D Bone likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
DP-UB420 / ATV4K (3) / PS Vue
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
post #5842 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked: 418
Quote:

Have you adjusted the crossover frequencys to the advised level?
post #5843 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:34 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Denon AVR 910W/1200W/710W differences

I wanted to highlight the fact that there are additional differences in X series i.e comparing 910W vs X1200W that buyers should be aware of.
Besides the difference in amplification 90 vs 80 watts i found the differences in other areas that buyers should be aware of and they are not often easily noticed, atleast in the entry level comparison.

1. 910W has Audessey multiEQ Vs XT for X1200W.
2. No second monitor out for X1200W
3. No Video enhancement modes and features for X1200W
4. Absence of Pure direct mode in X1200W
5.4K Signal Pass-through / Scaling / GUI Overlay , only 4k signal pass=throgh availlable on X1200W vs all of the rest, so no upscaling from non 4k to 4K on X1200W if that is important for you.
6.Gui overlay obsent in X1200W.
7. Additional functionality\buttons on 910W on front panel.
8.High Grade Audio Components---Absent on X1200W
Overall i think 910W is great entry level receiver that has ton of functionality when compared to 1200W ( i know this should be compared to 2200W), except one notable drawback
Audessey multi EQ vs XT, i bought X1200W ( purely for XT ) but wish i had some of the feature of 910W to make life easier, especially second monitor out.
so far i have to say Audessey XT is superior in calibrating the sound but i give up some functionality and choose better sounding receiver.
post #5844 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Originally Posted by odesseiron View Post
Need a bit of hand here. Pretty sure I know what the problem is, doing a search. This might be a dealbreaker otherwise. Just want input.

So I just bought Denon X1200, along with a JS9000. My old receiver which was a VSX1020K did pass through from my PC (albeit at 1080p) no problem.

I finished hooking up everything tonight. Here's my problem.

I have a GTX980ti, trying to pass through my avr. No bueno. Saying there is a repeater connected. So I can't get audio/video. It's a Mediabridge 15 footer.

Reading that KabelDirekt will fix the problem. Can anyone confirm it's the HDMI cable that's the issue? Also reading that connecting it to 2160 will cause screen issues such as flashing? Totally defeats the purpose of why I spent the money on the avr. Granted it's lovely, but one of the biggest things I wanted to do was 4k game on a 65"

Thanks!

Also; for the life of my I CANNOT get audio from my cable box (I have cablevision) I have video, but no audio. My cable box is set for digital. Getting used to a new avr sucks

I have a Denon x2200w and a js9000. I run HDMI from my gtx 970 to the AVR and then to the tv and can select 3840x2160 @ 60hz 4:4:4. The nvidia control panel does tell me I have a repeater connected and warns that hdcp may not be passed by it. Everything works as it should though.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #5845 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad3333 View Post
I wanted to highlight the fact that there are additional differences in X series i.e comparing 910W vs X1200W that buyers should be aware of.
Besides the difference in amplification 90 vs 80 watts i found the differences in other areas that buyers should be aware of and they are not often easily noticed, atleast in the entry level comparison.

1. 910W has Audessey multiEQ Vs XT for X1200W.
2. No second monitor out for X1200W
3. No Video enhancement modes and features for X1200W
4. Absence of Pure direct mode in X1200W
5.4K Signal Pass-through / Scaling / GUI Overlay , only 4k signal pass=throgh availlable on X1200W vs all of the rest, so no upscaling from non 4k to 4K on X1200W if that is important for you.
6.Gui overlay obsent in X1200W.
7. Additional functionality\buttons on 910W on front panel.
8.High Grade Audio Components---Absent on X1200W
Overall i think 910W is great entry level receiver that has ton of functionality when compared to 1200W ( i know this should be compared to 2200W), except one notable drawback
Audessey multi EQ vs XT, i bought X1200W ( purely for XT ) but wish i had some of the feature of 910W to make life easier, especially second monitor out.
so far i have to say Audessey XT is superior in calibrating the sound but i give up some functionality and choose better sounding receiver.

Thanks. Important to note the X1200W is the "X" series upgrade from the S710W, so it would be expected the S910W would have more features. However, according the Owner's manual, PURE DIRECT is available on the X1200W.
post #5846 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Yup. Nope. A minimum of +5db after running Audyssey is normal as is using Dynamic EQ.

Ok wow so I just turned the subwoofer's phase dial from 0 to 180 and the bass came alive! All of a sudden I can actually hear the subwoofer. Is it normal for the phase to need adjusting after Audyssey sets things up? Am I messing with the calibration by changing the subwoofer phase?

post #5847 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
Ok wow so I just turned the subwoofer's phase dial from 0 to 180 and the bass came alive! All of a sudden I can actually hear the subwoofer. Is it normal for the phase to need adjusting after Audyssey sets things up? Am I messing with the calibration by changing the subwoofer phase?

I don't think there is an incorrect setting. I always use 0 on my sub. Just remember you want the bass to sound like it is coming from everywhere and not localized to the sub. If you can pick out the sub location when listening then something is not set correctly. You should be able to feel a lot of the bass and not necessarily hear it. There are probably more technical ways to explain it.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #5848 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1032 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Those of you that have recently downloaded DTS:X.. What is ur prelim report sound wise vs. Atmos??

I'm waiting to buy new AVR this year for one of my set-ups. Leaning towards Denon, with Marantz & Yamaha right behind. I am planning a 5.1.4 system, 2 pairs of ceiling speaker wires have already been run & rear surround is already in place. Thanks...

Primary set-up 5.1.4; Yamaha A2050, Paired w/Parasound P5 & ATI 522NC 2 channel amp
Revel F206 fronts & Revel M16 rears; Outlaw X12 Sub & 4 RSL C34e in-ceilings

Secondary 5.1: Denon S900W, Polk LSiM703/704C, Polk RC80i in-ceiling rears, RSL Speedwoofer 10s
post #5849 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 09:24 AM

Liked: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwizz View Post
Its not your firmware. It is your source settings.
OK, care to explain please

I have set the BD (Sony 6500 to Auto), my Receiver "should detect" automatically and my DB (Ex Machina) is set to DTS X, what am I doing wrong? When I press the "Movie" button, I do not see DTS X, just Neural X

| Sony XBR65AE1 | Denon X6200W | 7.2.4 | Oppo 203 | Nvidia Shield | Harmony Elite |
| Emotiva mini-X a-100 | Ascend CMT-340 | Emotiva ERD-1 | SVS SB2000 + Martin Logan Abyss |
| PS4 Pro | Xbox One X |
|Sony XBR65X950B | Samsung UN49KS8000 |
post #5850 of 17640 Old 02-19-2016, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Pardon my ignorance as I am new to the Denon Club (new x4200 owner coming from a Pioneer 1018ahk) but I would like to set up mirroring audio to a second location. I'm not quite sure if the Denon includes a speaker A/B option as I don't see it anywhere in the manual. Is this available?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4:4:4 , alexa , arc , audyseey , Audyssey , avr , AVR-X2200W , bluetooth , chroma , connect , Denon , denon 2200w , denon x1200w , lfe , s710w , s910w , spotify , x-1200w , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200 , x4200w , x6200w , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page