The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 409 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101725Likes

post #12241 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 02:18 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
My 4200 always recalls the last source device used when I turn it on. Nothing more required on my part.
My 4200 always reverts to the Samsung tv source when I use ARC. Have been unable to find a workaround. I have to manually change my source to a non tv source.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12242 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 02:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1678 Post(s)
Liked: 4889
Here's one for everyone. Today just for fun I played a few scenes from my bass standbys, Flight of the Phoenix barrel roll scene, 13 Hours mortar, and World War Z grenade. I noticed my bass didn't quite sound as awesome as it always has. I haven't messed with any settings since dialing everything in a few months ago to where I was very happy.
Maybe I'm just used to it, but I've heard of people having to re run room correction every few months or so to get things back up to snuff.
I double checked all my settings, knobs on subs etc thinking maybe my son messed with them. Everything was fine there.
The only change of late would be the dts Neural:X update(x6200)
Anyone else experience something like this?
post #12243 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by diverdra View Post
Up until today I've been able to use my DTV remote to turn on Denon, TV & DTV client and then control Denon volume with the same DTV remote. I'm using ARC and the gear below in my signature. Now, DTV client & TV come on but NOT the Denon. I have to manually turn on the AVR. I've verifiedHDMI control is still on in all devices. I've reset Denon, TV & DTV client. Any suggestions? TIA
I just experience the same exact thing. In fact, I have not got it 100% corrected. Last night I changed my 35' HDMI cable from the Denon to my Vizio. Now, when I turn my Tv on, the Denon also powers up to the correct input. Now, my Apple TV plugged directly into the Denon use to work the same way and all of sudden quit. I ordered a couple of new HDMI cables for the Apple Tv and they will be here tomorrow. So, I hope the cable replacement fixes the Apple TV. Its really a pain because I travel a lot for business and my wife gets frustrated.

Denon X4400H
Chane's A5rx-c's Towers, Chane A2rx-c Center, Chane A1.4 Front Heights
EMP Bipoles Surrounds
Epson 2045 with 125" Elite Spectrum Screen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12244 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
No, that guide is for people using bouncing-sound speakers. Any time Denon refers to "Atmos" speakers it's referring to that type of speaker which fires sound up and isn't actually mounted up high.

For real ceiling speakers, you want to set "Height" to 2ch and "Dolby" to none. You should have just left everything at the defaults

All from the manual:
http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX4200W/n...DRDZMLfnouamik

Then set "layout" to "Top Middle" to ensure all overhead sound is mixed to your two speakers. Otherwise you'll only get either the front or the rear coming out of them.

Then re-run Audyssey.

Enjoy!
Thank you very much I appreciate the time you used to help me, I have now set everything as suggested, now I will re run Audessey.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
mrtickleuk likes this.
post #12245 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 4254 Post(s)
Liked: 4545
Quote:
I am tempted to say that just goes to show how rubbish those bouncing firing speakers are
Except when they are in a room that works for them and they are set up properly they are great. They are very much dependent on the room characteristics. So much so that in some cases they simply don't produce any results at all.

LG 65" B7A OLED, Samsung 55" JS9000, Sony 43" x800e, Denon AVR-X2200w 5.1.2, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Gaming PC(GTX 1080ti + 4.7Ghz 8700k), Sony UBP-x800, Philips BDP-7501, Oppo BDP-203, Nvidia Shield TV
2x Elac F5/Elac C5/2x AR PS2052/2x Pioneer SP-T22A-LR/Power Sound Audio 15v w/ Anti-Mode 8033S-II
post #12246 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 739 Post(s)
Quoted: 22560 Post(s)
Liked: 12279
Quote:
Originally Posted by asere View Post
Yeah, mine are pointing down and the tweeter is fixed. I also sit a few ft away.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
Less of an issue with Top Middle speakers that are more or less directly overhead.
post #12247 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 05:32 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treck216 View Post
My 4200 always reverts to the Samsung tv source when I use ARC. Have been unable to find a workaround. I have to manually change my source to a non tv source.
If you don't want this to occur, simply set the "TV Audio Switching" (p. 207 Owner's manual) setting to OFF.
post #12248 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Here's one for everyone. Today just for fun I played a few scenes from my bass standbys, Flight of the Phoenix barrel roll scene, 13 Hours mortar, and World War Z grenade. I noticed my bass didn't quite sound as awesome as it always has. I haven't messed with any settings since dialing everything in a few months ago to where I was very happy.
Maybe I'm just used to it, but I've heard of people having to re run room correction every few months or so to get things back up to snuff.
I double checked all my settings, knobs on subs etc thinking maybe my son messed with them. Everything was fine there.
Have never heard this before.
post #12249 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post

Did the spousal unit turn off/disconnect the subwoofer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #12250 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
If you don't want this to occur, simply set the "TV Audio Switching" (p. 207 Owner's manual) setting to OFF.
But if TV Audio Switching is set to off then TV Source has to be selected manually when desired so no real gain.
post #12251 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 08:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Quoted: 1678 Post(s)
Liked: 4889
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed View Post
Did the spousal unit turn off/disconnect the subwoofer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No lol, I'm single. Everything is working. All settings are exactly the same as they always were. Maybe I'm just used to it
post #12252 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
I ran Audessey after setting up my top middle ceiling speakers, After the speaker detection it told me to check the connection to my top left speaker, even though it appeared to be working fine. Sounds from both top left and right sounded the same to my ears, so I chose to ignore it and continue with the calibration.
Is is normal behavior? Could it be top left is not next to a wall?

post #12253 of 17632 Old 11-16-2016, 09:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHEAD View Post
I ran Audessey after setting up my top middle ceiling speakers, After the speaker detection it told me to check the connection to my top left speaker, even though it appeared to be working fine. Sounds from both top left and right sounded the same to my ears, so I chose to ignore it and continue with the calibration.

You can simply reverse the left and right wires for that speaker at the amp and re-run audyssey to see if that fixes the error. If it does, leave them reversed. If it doesn't, put the wires back in the proper terminals at the amp and simply ignore the audyssey warning.
post #12254 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by REVHEAD View Post

Out of phase errors are quite common. As long as you have confirmed the wires are connected correctly, as the Owner's manuals indicates, simply ignore the warning.
post #12255 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 01:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But if TV Audio Switching is set to off then TV Source has to be selected manually when desired so no real gain.
Correct. But then .. this is what you must do with every other source.
post #12256 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 01:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 180 Post(s)
Quoted: 4858 Post(s)
Liked: 7149
Quote:
Indeed. That's throwing the entire feature away. We really need it to be "TV Audio Switching off during the first 30 seconds".

* I turn the amp on normally by pressing the "cbl/sat" button.
* Then HDMI-CEC turns the TV on
* Then the amp says "aha! The TV is on! TV audio!" and then it dumps my cbl/sat input and displays a blank screen with TV audio, which is so clearly NOT what I asked it to do 5 seconds ago when I pressed the "cbl/sat" button.

What I want is for the amp to switch to TV audio automatically later on, when I might view a Smart App on the TV - but it's crazy that it happens during start-up phase. I shouldn't have to forgo the entire (useful) feature just because of this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #12257 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 01:44 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Indeed. That's throwing the entire feature away. We really need it to be "TV Audio Switching off during the first 30 seconds".

* I turn the amp on normally by pressing the "cbl/sat" button.
* Then HDMI-CEC turns the TV on
* Then the amp says "aha! The TV is on! TV audio!" and then it dumps my cbl/sat input and displays a blank screen with TV audio, which is so clearly NOT what I asked it to do 5 seconds ago when I pressed the "cbl/sat" button.

What I want is for the amp to switch to TV audio automatically later on, when I might view a Smart App on the TV - but it's crazy that it happens during start-up phase. I shouldn't have to forgo the entire (useful) feature just because of this.
Again ... if you have to press the "CBL/SAT" button when you want that source to play, why is it so inconvenient to have to select the "TV Audio" button when you want that source to play?
post #12258 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 04:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Hoping to get some help here: purchased the x2200w on the advice of people here--my first Denon after being a longtime Pioneer user. The unit worked fine out of the box, but now it hangs when trying to select Bluetooth ("Please wait"), Online music ("assigning"), won't connect to my Chromecast Audio, and it won't even let me enter the setup screen (again, "please wait"). Any idea what's wrong? The mobile app (which is kinda garbage already) won't connect to the receiver either. Unplugging the receiver didn't help. At this point, I'm regretting not going Pioneer, Onkyo, or Yamaha--nothing but headaches.
post #12259 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by automaton View Post
Hoping to get some help here: purchased the x2200w on the advice of people here--my first Denon after being a longtime Pioneer user. The unit worked fine out of the box, but now it hangs when trying to select Bluetooth ("Please wait"), Online music ("assigning"), won't connect to my Chromecast Audio, and it won't even let me enter the setup screen (again, "please wait"). Any idea what's wrong? The mobile app (which is kinda garbage already) won't connect to the receiver either. Unplugging the receiver didn't help. At this point, I'm regretting not going Pioneer, Onkyo, or Yamaha--nothing but headaches.
Try rebooting your router and if still no joy, and if using DHCP (p. 210 Owner's manual), disable it and set a static IP Address for the AVR.
post #12260 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Try rebooting your router and if still no joy, and if using DHCP (p. 210 Owner's manual), disable it and set a static IP Address for the AVR.
Why would that impact the receiver's bluetooth connection or its ability to enter setup?
post #12261 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Why would that impact the receiver's bluetooth connection or its ability to enter setup?
Bluetooth no, but "On-line" music, yes.

Ensure the Wifi/Bluetooth antenna's are placed in an ideal position for the strongest Bluetooth signal and if not directly in front of the AVR, note that Bluetooth is only good for about 20-30'.
post #12262 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Again ... if you have to press the "CBL/SAT" button when you want that source to play, why is it so inconvenient to have to select the "TV Audio" button when you want that source to play?
Ok I will explain. They are not the same. I'm pressing the "CBL/SAT" button when I sit down, to turn on my entire system with the help of HDMI-CEC.

If HDMI-CEC worked properly, then during my session whilst I had the system turned on I wouldn't have to ever press the "TV Audio" button "when I want that source". It would happen automatically with HDMI-CEC when the TV tells the amp that it needs it, for example when the TV enters a (so-called!) "Smart" app.

My choices are:
1. Don't use TV audio switching, as you suggest. Turn it off in the Denon menu but leave the rest of HDMI-CEC on. So I can't have the TV nicely automatically switch the amp to "TV Audio" mode, and I have to press an extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to ("TV Audio" selected manually, instead of automatically).
2. Use TV audio switching, but with the stupid "power on" problem I described in my earlier post. I now have to press a different extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to. ("CBL/SAT", twice, when I turn on because it keeps dumping me to TV audio).

In both cases, I have to press an extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to. Hope that's clearer than before

I want:
3. TV audio switching, without the "power on" problem. I would not have to press any extra buttons.

That is my point.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #12263 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 05:40 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Ok I will explain. They are not the same. I'm pressing the "CBL/SAT" button when I sit down, to turn on my entire system with the help of HDMI-CEC.

If HDMI-CEC worked properly, then during my session whilst I had the system turned on I wouldn't have to ever press the "TV Audio" button "when I want that source". It would happen automatically with HDMI-CEC when the TV tells the amp that it needs it, for example when the TV enters a (so-called!) "Smart" app.

My choices are:
1. Don't use TV audio switching, as you suggest. Turn it off in the Denon menu but leave the rest of HDMI-CEC on. So I can't have the TV nicely automatically switch the amp to "TV Audio" mode, and I have to press an extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to ("TV Audio" selected manually, instead of automatically).
2. Use TV audio switching, but with the stupid "power on" problem I described in my earlier post. I now have to press a different extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to. ("CBL/SAT", twice, when I turn on because it keeps dumping me to TV audio).

In both cases, I have to press an extra button that I wouldn't otherwise have needed to. Hope that's clearer than before

I want:
3. TV audio switching, without the "power on" problem. I would not have to press any extra buttons.

That is my point.

Understand that's what you would prefer ... but as the expression goes .. you can't have your cake and eat it too.

No different then when playing the CBL/SAT source and then you want to watch a BD .... you must select the BDP button on the remote.
post #12264 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Understand that's what you would prefer ... but as the expression goes .. you can't have your cake and eat it too.
Cool, glad it was clearer - aha, but we could if they fixed the stupid start-up behaviour that only happens when the TV powers on

Quote:
No different then when playing the CBL/SAT source and then you want to watch a BD .... you must select the BDP button on the remote.
I think it is different! The TV audio auto-switching is supposed to do just that and alleviate the need to press the button on the Denon remote.

post #12265 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Bluetooth no, but "On-line" music, yes.

Ensure the Wifi/Bluetooth antenna's are placed in an ideal position for the strongest Bluetooth signal and if not directly in front of the AVR, note that Bluetooth is only good for about 20-30'.
No, that's really not the issue--I really think I got a lemon. The bluetooth hangs 3 feet from the receiver. And not being able to enter setup means the thing's a mess. Should have stuck with Pioneer. Has anyone gotten the "please wait" and "assigning" messages to know how to resolve them? I can't even access menus, and not finding anything online. Was there a FW update recently that might have failed? I remember one way back in September that took forever to install, but everything seemed to be working OK after that.
post #12266 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 07:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Denon AVR X3200 keeps switching to TV stereo while TWC watching cable. TV is LG OLED Please help.
Just read the above thread, looks like there's no solution.

Last edited by bmwaustin; 11-17-2016 at 07:44 AM.
post #12267 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 07:39 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi,

just received my X4200W yesterday. Its connected to an EPSON 5040UBe projector.
The GUI overlay for navigating the Internet Radio, Media playback etc do not show on the EPSON. Is that normal? I can get all the other overlays like Setup or Info etc.

When i connect the Denon to my old BenQ 1070 i get the overlay. Looking at the signal info from the BenQ i get a 1080p 60Hz YUV signal.

Is there anything I need to change in the DENON settings to get a 4K overlay or at least a standard 1080p?

Any help appreciated.
post #12268 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 08:57 AM

Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
No, that's really not the issue--I really think I got a lemon. The bluetooth hangs 3 feet from the receiver. And not being able to enter setup means the thing's a mess. Should have stuck with Pioneer. Has anyone gotten the "please wait" and "assigning" messages to know how to resolve them? I can't even access menus, and not finding anything online. Was there a FW update recently that might have failed? I remember one way back in September that took forever to install, but everything seemed to be working OK after that.
Try unplugging your display hdmi, I was having some weird issues not getting into setup and other things, I unplugged the hdmi and it fixed itself.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
post #12269 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
AVR-X6500W Over-The-Air Sound Issues

Hi,

I just picked up the AVR-X6200W earlier this week. I've search all over the place and can't seem to find anyone else with the same issue I am having. When I am watching an over-the-air (OTA) source whether it is from my TV via ARC or from my Win7 HTPC, live or recorded, the audio is absolutely awful It is very quiet. I have to turn it up to 65+ to even get to a reasonable level and at that point it still sounds bad. The receiver is showing Dolby Digital as the input for both sources and I am not doing any processing to it.

This unit is a potential (hopeful) replacement to my Integra DTR-40.2 which is in the shop again for the third time. I had no issues with OTA with that unit or the loaner DTR-30.5 that I have right now also.

I called Denon and they were useless and gave up on me.

Has anyone else seen this issue and have a fix?

Thanks.

Last edited by zcraig; 11-17-2016 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typos
post #12270 of 17632 Old 11-17-2016, 09:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrjmc99 View Post
Try unplugging your display hdmi, I was having some weird issues not getting into setup and other things, I unplugged the hdmi and it fixed itself.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk
Thanks, will try that tonight. Would've never thought of that as a fix.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4:4:4 , alexa , arc , audyseey , Audyssey , avr , AVR-X2200W , bluetooth , chroma , connect , Denon , denon 2200w , denon x1200w , lfe , s710w , s910w , spotify , x-1200w , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200 , x4200w , x6200w , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page