The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 566 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101687Likes

post #16951 of 17524 Old 10-22-2018, 11:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtickleuk View Post
This sounds very much like the "Network control" setting - if it's set one way this happens.
Network -> Network Control -> Off in Standby.
Thanks for your tips, but they all did not work.
Ticket raised at Denon.
After the latest firmware upgrade, no back up possible anymore (don't known however if it is related).

So I went back to factory settings, and started from scratch.
When the check for the speakers started, the fronts were changed.......left is now right, and right is left......
Switched the cables for now, and the rest works fine.
How strange can it get.........almost Halloween
Tomorrow another call to Denon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16952 of 17524 Old 10-22-2018, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Having an issue that started recently with my s710w - the "Video Select" option works, but then the screen goes completely black after about 30 seconds. This used to work great (for years without issue), but now doesn't.

Tried different audio sources (macbook, iphone) with various players (itunes, spotify) and nothing seems to fix this issue.

Have a 2.1 setup with ARC to the TV.

Just really sucks as I love listening to music while playing video games and watching sports while having music on at parties. I can't figure out what happened to cause this... latest firmware version too.
post #16953 of 17524 Old 10-22-2018, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboy9 View Post
Having an issue that started recently with my s710w - the "Video Select" option works, but then the screen goes completely black after about 30 seconds. This used to work great (for years without issue), but now doesn't.

Tried different audio sources (macbook, iphone) with various players (itunes, spotify) and nothing seems to fix this issue.

Have a 2.1 setup with ARC to the TV.

Just really sucks as I love listening to music while playing video games and watching sports while having music on at parties. I can't figure out what happened to cause this... latest firmware version too.

More info:

Confirmed that both the video and audio source doesn't matter. As soon as I hit ANY button on the Denon remote the picture comes back on the TV. The TV screen goes black exactly after 32 seconds each time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #16954 of 17524 Old 10-22-2018, 10:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quick question, the only annoying thing about my denon is all the settings that can be set per input, per audio format.

I was watching a dts:x movie, and when you hit setup or options and go audio and then i cant remember where exactly off the top of my head, but the bitstreamed dts:x track displayed an option to turn dts neural X on/off?

What is this? Why is this available when bitstreaming a dts:X soundtrack in the options menu?

Can anyone shed some light?
post #16955 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 03:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonboy9 View Post
More info:

Confirmed that both the video and audio source doesn't matter. As soon as I hit ANY button on the Denon remote the picture comes back on the TV. The TV screen goes black exactly after 32 seconds each time.
Have you tried doing a reset of the receiver?

Sometimes a "soft reset" (unplugging from wall power for 10 minutes) will clear up strange problems. Some problems clear up if you do a full "return to factory settings" reset. Of course, the latter does erase all of your personalized receiver settings.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
post #16956 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post
Quick question, the only annoying thing about my denon is all the settings that can be set per input, per audio format.

I was watching a dts:x movie, and when you hit setup or options and go audio and then i cant remember where exactly off the top of my head, but the bitstreamed dts:x track displayed an option to turn dts neural X on/off?

What is this? Why is this available when bitstreaming a dts:X soundtrack in the options menu?

Nerual:X can expand DTS:X soundtracks to use speakers not directly supported by DTS:X, like Front Wides.
galonzo likes this.

Selden

post #16957 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 04:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22043 Post(s)
Liked: 11957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
Nerual:X can expand DTS:X soundtracks to use speakers not directly supported by DTS:X, like Front Wides.
DTS:X supports all of the same speakers (except Top Surround) as DTS Neural:X to include Front Wide.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 10-23-2018 at 05:00 AM.
post #16958 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo View Post

AFAIK, should the DTS:X mixer not include specific audio for your configured speaker setup, then DTS Neural:X will simulate the missing audio.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 10-23-2018 at 05:03 AM.
post #16959 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
DTS:X supports all of the same speakers (except Top Surround) as DTS Neural:X to include Front Wide.
My understanding is that that vast majority of consumer DTS:X soundtracks are distributed with 7.1.4 fixed channels. This has been revealed by Yamaha's equivalent of D&M's Info display. See https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post42836850 (post 1662 of the DTS:X thread).

While it might be automatically invoked by the DTS:X decoder, Neural:X is used when any additional speakers are involved.

Selden

post #16960 of 17524 Old 10-23-2018, 05:34 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
My understanding is that that vast majority of consumer DTS:X soundtracks are distributed with 7.1.4 fixed channels. This has been revealed by Yamaha's equivalent of D&M's Info display. See https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post42836850 (post 1662 of the DTS:X thread).

While it might be automatically invoked by the DTS:X decoder, Neural:X is used when any additional speakers are involved.
And if that is the case (ie. missing Front Wide audio) then yes, that is where Neural:X would come in to play.

@Murilo - bottom line is that you're best served leaving the DTS Neural:X setting at the factory default of "ON."
post #16961 of 17524 Old 10-24-2018, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Have you tried doing a reset of the receiver?

Sometimes a "soft reset" (unplugging from wall power for 10 minutes) will clear up strange problems. Some problems clear up if you do a full "return to factory settings" reset. Of course, the latter does erase all of your personalized receiver settings.

Yes. Tried a soft reset without any luck. It's as if the AVR doesn't recognize any video passing through while on video select after those 32 seconds. I might just give up on Denon if I can't fix this - will be the 2nd AVR that I've had from them which starts having issues after a couple years.
post #16962 of 17524 Old 10-24-2018, 08:16 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by statestreetblue View Post
Yes. Tried a soft reset without any luck. It's as if the AVR doesn't recognize any video passing through while on video select after those 32 seconds. I might just give up on Denon if I can't fix this - will be the 2nd AVR that I've had from them which starts having issues after a couple years.
What HDMI video sources have you tried using? Have you tried disabling ARC as a test?
post #16963 of 17524 Old 10-24-2018, 04:08 PM

Liked: 10
I have the Denon AVR-S710W, and it's been working fine for past year, but something happened a few weeks where I have several issues (mainly I get sound from the receiver, but no picture). Some things that fixed this was for me to completely reset either the receiver, the TV, or both, and it would be fixed for a day or two. Another weird thing that fixed it, was that (the input with my PS4 on it) would only work when my comcast box was plugged in it as well.

But then a few days ago, I can't get any picture from the receiver to either of my TVs. I completely reset the receiver (with the tuner channel +/-), and I completely reset the TV and try other TVs, but nothing works. Also tried the HDMI HDCP reset in the original post.

Anyone know I can fix it?
post #16964 of 17524 Old 10-24-2018, 06:02 PM

Quote:
What HDMI video sources have you tried using? Have you tried disabling ARC as a test?

I've tried multiple video sources and I disabled ARC with your suggestions - no luck. I'm attempting to play music through apple airplay and spotify, but same thing both ways. The screen on the TV turns completely black after about half a minute.

Have never had issues with this in the 3 years I've owned the AVR and nothing has really changed over that time other than updates to the AVR.
post #16965 of 17524 Old 10-25-2018, 02:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I've tried multiple video sources and I disabled ARC with your suggestions - no luck. I'm attempting to play music through apple airplay and spotify, but same thing both ways. The screen on the TV turns completely black after about half a minute.

Have never had issues with this in the 3 years I've owned the AVR and nothing has really changed over that time other than updates to the AVR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by napindc View Post
I have the Denon AVR-S710W, and it's been working fine for past year, but something happened a few weeks where I have several issues (mainly I get sound from the receiver, but no picture). Some things that fixed this was for me to completely reset either the receiver, the TV, or both, and it would be fixed for a day or two. Another weird thing that fixed it, was that (the input with my PS4 on it) would only work when my comcast box was plugged in it as well.

But then a few days ago, I can't get any picture from the receiver to either of my TVs. I completely reset the receiver (with the tuner channel +/-), and I completely reset the TV and try other TVs, but nothing works. Also tried the HDMI HDCP reset in the original post.

Anyone know I can fix it?
Try using each of the other HDMI inputs to see if one works better, otherwise, it sounds like there may be an issue with the HDMI board. Try doing multiple microprocessor resets in a row (at least 4-5). If still no joy, the S710W only comes with a 2 year warranty if purchased new; however, your credit card may add an extra year so if the AVR was purchased after 10/25/15, give your credit card issuer a call and see if they offer an extended warranty on your purchases.
post #16966 of 17524 Old 10-25-2018, 05:51 AM

Quote:
If still no joy, the S710W only comes with a 2 year warranty if purchased new; however, your credit card may add an extra year so if the AVR was purchased after 10/25/15, give your credit card issuer a call and see if they offer an extended warranty on your purchases.

It was purchased from Accessories4less in May 2016 as Denon Factory Refurbished.

It was actually a replacement for a DENON AVR-E300 that was also purchased from Accessories4less in June 2014 (and broke in May 2016 - just outside of their warranty of course).

I guess I get what I paid for, but this **** really pissed me off as I remember Accessories4less being recommended around here a lot. A $300 AVR unit should last more than 2 years in an environment where it is properly taken care of.
post #16967 of 17524 Old 10-25-2018, 06:38 AM

Quote:
It was purchased from Accessories4less in May 2016 as Denon Factory Refurbished.

It was actually a replacement for a DENON AVR-E300 that was also purchased from Accessories4less in June 2014 (and broke in May 2016 - just outside of their warranty of course).

I guess I get what I paid for, but this **** really pissed me off as I remember Accessories4less being recommended around here a lot. A $300 AVR unit should last more than 2 years in an environment where it is properly taken care of.
They usually work fine for most people for a long time. A small percentage of units do have problems sooner than one would like, including right out of the box. Sadly, you seem to be one of those few people who have encountered a device which failed somewhat early. You have my sympathy.

Selden

post #16968 of 17524 Old 10-27-2018, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Try using each of the other HDMI inputs to see if one works better, otherwise, it sounds like there may be an issue with the HDMI board. Try doing multiple microprocessor resets in a row (at least 4-5). If still no joy, the S710W only comes with a 2 year warranty if purchased new; however, your credit card may add an extra year so if the AVR was purchased after 10/25/15, give your credit card issuer a call and see if they offer an extended warranty on your purchases.

Multiple hard resets corrected the video select issue where the video would turn completely black after 30 seconds. HOWEVER, just found out my fiance threw out the Audyssey® Setup (Speaker Calibration) mic! So now I have no way to calibrate the system which sucks. If anyone has an extra mic and lives in the Southeast US let me know. Would be willing to pay for shipping. Thanks.
post #16969 of 17524 Old 10-27-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 1111
There's more than a few on eBay.
galonzo likes this.
post #16970 of 17524 Old 10-27-2018, 12:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 4429 Post(s)
Liked: 6707
Quote:
Multiple hard resets corrected the video select issue where the video would turn completely black after 30 seconds. HOWEVER, just found out my fiance threw out the Audyssey® Setup (Speaker Calibration) mic! So now I have no way to calibrate the system which sucks.
Good grief. I think you need to reconsider whether you go ahead with the wedding!
Rudy1 and galonzo like this.

HDMI 2.0 4K modes | Dolby & DTS core+outer audio tracks on (UHD) Blu-Rays | Hello to Jason Isaacs
post #16971 of 17524 Old 10-27-2018, 02:51 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hello,
I've done a search as well as reviewed beginning posts of this thread but no luck. I'm trying to determine if I can use the Monitor Out Two on my x4200 to the same TV as the Monitor One Out is going to. The TV has several HDMI inputs so that's not an issue. I'm hoping if I can do that if it is possible to dedicate an HDMI In on the x4200 to route video to the Monitor Out Two? Would this be by programming one of the Quick Select buttons to that input using the Monitor Out Two? Thanks and I apologize if this has been asked and I've just done a crappy search job.
post #16972 of 17524 Old 10-28-2018, 03:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 174
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshking View Post
Hello,
I've done a search as well as reviewed beginning posts of this thread but no luck. I'm trying to determine if I can use the Monitor Out Two on my x4200 to the same TV as the Monitor One Out is going to. The TV has several HDMI inputs so that's not an issue. I'm hoping if I can do that if it is possible to dedicate an HDMI In on the x4200 to route video to the Monitor Out Two? Would this be by programming one of the Quick Select buttons to that input using the Monitor Out Two? Thanks and I apologize if this has been asked and I've just done a crappy search job.
Yes this is possible and is what I do in my system. I run both outputs on the x6200 to my tv and I've calibrated HDMI1 and HDMI2 differently on my TV so I can easily choose between two video calibrations for a single source.
galonzo likes this.

Samsung UN75HU8500 TS01 w/SEK-3500U, K8500 UHD Blu-ray Player; Xbox One; Xfinity X1
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X 7w.1.4; Denon X6200W; Audiosource AMP102; GoldenEar SuperSat 60/60C, SuperSat 50, SuperSat 3/3C, Invisa 525; SVS PB-2000
Harmony Ultimate One; Insteon; Acoustimac
post #16973 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 04:06 AM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
I have a Harmony Elite remote. I was changing some of the buttons yesterday and noticed that for the Denon X2200W there doesn't appear to be any IR codes for DTS Neural:X. All I see is DTS:Neo:XOn/Off.

Did Denon provide an IR code for Neural:X?
post #16974 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 04:18 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
I have a Harmony Elite remote. I was changing some of the buttons yesterday and noticed that for the Denon X2200W there doesn't appear to be any IR codes for DTS Neural:X. All I see is DTS:Neo:XOn/Off.

Did Denon provide an IR code for Neural:X?
You should be able to pull it up from one of the more current Denon AVR models.
post #16975 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrogers View Post
Yes this is possible and is what I do in my system. I run both outputs on the x6200 to my tv and I've calibrated HDMI1 and HDMI2 differently on my TV so I can easily choose between two video calibrations for a single source.
Thank you. This will be fun to implement.
galonzo likes this.
post #16976 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 12:32 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
You should be able to pull it up from one of the more current Denon AVR models.
Thanks JD. The closest I could find in a 2018 model was a command called DTSSurround.

I have added it to my Harmony and will see what it does later today or tomorrow.
post #16977 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stikle View Post
There's more than a few on eBay.
This may be a dumb question, but do I need a specific version of the mic for the s710w to calibrate properly? Or will any of them work?
post #16978 of 17524 Old 10-29-2018, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This may be a dumb question, but do I need a specific version of the mic for the s710w to calibrate properly? Or will any of them work?
The ACM1HB has been out for the past 5 or so years and would work just fine.
galonzo likes this.
post #16979 of 17524 Old 10-30-2018, 07:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 1427 Post(s)
Liked: 1154
I just update my 6200W to DV and I'm happy camper.All is now 4K HDR DV if available. So I'm set up for now. Only what I find out if I do HDR I have denon on screen menu when it is DV menu is not on screen just on Denon display. Like I want to change type of sound. if is regular TV or 4k HDR still same all on screen but if is DV then I can't get it on screen , any idea why?

Denon X6200W
Klipsch RF-7II's, RC-64II, RB-81II's, RS-62II's
SVS 2x PC12-Pluses, Emotiva XPA-200
Sony XBR65X930E , Oppo 203
Apple 4K TV, Mac mini, Sony UBP-X800, PS3
post #16980 of 17524 Old 10-31-2018, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retro124 View Post
I just update my 6200W to DV and I'm happy camper.All is now 4K HDR DV if available. So I'm set up for now. Only what I find out if I do HDR I have denon on screen menu when it is DV menu is not on screen just on Denon display. Like I want to change type of sound. if is regular TV or 4k HDR still same all on screen but if is DV then I can't get it on screen , any idea why?
Because D&M have not yet implemented a DV encoder for their internal video sources. Currently they've only implemented what's needed to extract DV from the incoming HDMI signal and to reinsert it into the outgoing HDMI signal. I can think of several possible causes for this limitation: insufficient firmware memory, insufficient time to develop the necessary firmware, inadequate video hardware, and additional Dolby licensing fees. I suspect a combination of all of them.
galonzo and retro124 like this.

Selden

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4:4:4 , alexa , arc , audyseey , Audyssey , avr , AVR-X2200W , bluetooth , chroma , connect , Denon , denon 2200w , denon x1200w , lfe , s710w , s910w , spotify , x-1200w , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200 , x4200w , x6200w , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page