The "OFFICIAL" 2015 Denon "S-series" / "X-series" AVR Owner's thread + FAQ (HDCP 2.2) - Page 580 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101683Likes

post #17371 of 17512 Old 04-13-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Are you playing a rental or purchased disc? If the latter, did you perhaps select the BD instead of the UHD disc? If you selected the UHD disc, did you select the Atmos audio track as it is not always the default? Also the disc would feature Dolby TrueHD not DTS-MA.
It was purchased and that was exactly what happened.

Troubleshooting steps taken before realizing the error of my ways:
  • Verified UHD disc was selected
  • Checked preset on receiver
  • Verified that the UHD had an Atmos encoding
  • Soft reset of the AVR
  • Microprocessor reset
  • Checked the disc setup and facepalmed

But it really was DTS-MA...I was surprised that it had both too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7460.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	835.9 KB
ID:	2552622  

Last edited by tommyknocker2121; 04-13-2019 at 09:09 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17372 of 17512 Old 04-22-2019, 04:01 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
TV ARC and Optical Audio vs. Cable box audio through Receiver

I’ve just purchased a new tv and am trying to make use of the smart tv functions (Netflix, plex etc…) that are native to the tv vs. the use of an external roku (which I’d like to repurpose and use on a different tv in my house.

In my family room, I have a new tv (Sony Bravia X830F) and an existing receiver (Denon s910w). They both have ARC capabilities. I have purchased a new HDMI cable from Amazon (their own private label brand). I have my cable box (Rogers SA) connected to my receiver via hdmi, I have my receiver HDMI arc out connected to my tv hdmi arc in. When I watch the cable box, the audio plays through my receiver. This is as it should be. However, when I switch to one of the apps on the tv (Netflix, Plex), the audio does not play through my receiver. I continue to hear the audio from my cable box. If I were to turn off the cable box, the audio will begin to play through the receiver. This seems odd to me that I would have to turn off the cable box in order for the audio from the tv to supercede what is already passing through to the receiver from the cable box. I would expect the user experience to be one where the receiver would sense that there is audio coming from the hdmi from the tv and know that it should supercede the audio coming from the cable box. I know that the arc works and that the tv sends the audio signal because when the receiver is off, I hear the sound from the apps being used.

I have also connected an optical audio cable and turned off arc on my receiver and even plugged the hdmi coming from my receiver into a different hdmi port on the tv. Same experience. The audio from the tv apps now coming over optical cable doesn’t cause the audio from the cable box which is directly connected to the receiver to stop being heard through my speaker. Only when I turn off the cable box o I hear the audio from the tv.

I conclude that this is an issue with my receiver and not the tv. Any ideas what to try. I can’t imagine that the only solution is that the cable box has to be turned off. That is a horrible user experience and can’t be what the rest of the world has to do.

Thoughts on what I am missing?

UPDATE #1 : I originally posted this incorrectly in the 2016 owners' thread. One poster suggested that it could be an issue with my the CEC pin 13 on the hdmi cable related to my cable box always trying to take control. I've ordered a CE- less hdmi cable, but in the interim, I've changed my connection between the cable box and the receiver to be component and optical audio. This did not resolve the issue.
post #17373 of 17512 Old 04-25-2019, 08:02 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 13
When you switch to a source on the tv, try pushing the TV audio button on the receiver.

These receivers do not "sense and then do..." anything. They need something to tell them what to do. Normally, when your TV switches to an internal source, it should be sending a CEC command to teh receiver saying "hey I'm your source now". Sadly, CEC is not a well followed standard so its very much a crap shoot if it works.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17374 of 17512 Old 04-26-2019, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I have a couple of questions for folks familiar with this AVR. I'm about to get a new projector that requires a 18Gbps 60 hz HDMI cable for HDR and 4K. Will this AVR handle/work with HDMI 2.0 connections and signals? Will it pass through a HDR signal from a disc player connected to it? ....and/or 4k content from a streaming device connected to it? I'm not worried or concerned about Dolby Vision at all so no need to address that. Also, please bring me up to speed on updates for this AVR. I hooked it up several years ago and haven't done/changed anything with it so any guidance and tips regarding this AVR and what I need to do to use it with a 4K projector would be greatly appreciated.
post #17375 of 17512 Old 04-26-2019, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22017 Post(s)
Liked: 11940
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonfromCB View Post
I have a couple of questions for folks familiar with this AVR. I'm about to get a new projector that requires a 18Gbps 60 hz HDMI cable for HDR and 4K. Will this AVR handle/work with HDMI 2.0 connections and signals? Will it pass through a HDR signal from a disc player connected to it? ....and/or 4k content from a streaming device connected to it? I'm not worried or concerned about Dolby Vision at all so no need to address that. Also, please bring me up to speed on updates for this AVR. I hooked it up several years ago and haven't done/changed anything with it so any guidance and tips regarding this AVR and what I need to do to use it with a 4K projector would be greatly appreciated.
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread. Also, as noted in post 1, there are (8) different models discussed in this thread.
post #17376 of 17512 Old 04-26-2019, 07:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 208 Post(s)
Liked: 147
Quote:
There is a lot of very helpful information provided in the first 8 posts of this thread. Also, as noted in post 1, there are (8) different models discussed in this thread.
Thanks jd, that answered my questions about HDMI formats and capabilities. I'm sorry that I forgot to include that my AVR is an X4200W.

FYI follow-up. Made AVR/network connection, initiated updates and accomplished all 6 available. Blitzed through them in about 15 minutes. I guess having a fast network and connecting to Denon servers late Friday night is a good combination. Intuitive and quick, all updates accomplished. So all I need now is any tips you might have on connecting 4k projector and UHD disc player and any recommended setting changes or adjustments. Thanks

Last edited by JonfromCB; 04-26-2019 at 08:40 PM.
post #17377 of 17512 Old 04-27-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1230 Post(s)
Liked: 1228
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonfromCB View Post
Thanks jd, that answered my questions about HDMI formats and capabilities. I'm sorry that I forgot to include that my AVR is an X4200W.

FYI follow-up. Made AVR/network connection, initiated updates and accomplished all 6 available. Blitzed through them in about 15 minutes. I guess having a fast network and connecting to Denon servers late Friday night is a good combination. Intuitive and quick, all updates accomplished. So all I need now is any tips you might have on connecting 4k projector and UHD disc player and any recommended setting changes or adjustments. Thanks
Make sure you use Certified Premium High Speed HDMI Cables such as: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15429
galonzo, JonfromCB and mrtickleuk like this.

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
avsforum Members Atmos & Auro Configuration Spreadsheet
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #17378 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 08:06 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
AVR-X6200w Question, help?

I'm late on this one. I purchased a Denon Avr-X6200w, great shape, works and sounds wonderful.

I connected all my speakers. (I have 2 Subs, Center, 4-Surrounds and 2-Surround Back Speakers.) I reset the receiver to factory settings and skipped through the "Connection Cartoons," and performed the Audyssey Setup.

All was well. I tweaked some crossovers to taste and raised/ lowered a couple speaker's volume to compensate for hearing loss. I upgraded from an AVR-S900w, so I knew the routine.

By default the Amp Assign for my setup was set to 9.1. If I change the Amp Assign it to 7.1, I have to redo Audyssey settings. Am I missing any surround modes or options by leaving things the way they are?

I usually only use the system connected to my Directv Box that only does Dolby Digital and listen to Internet Radio.

I'm addicted to Aardvark Blues: 5-Channel Surround/Audyssy-Flat.

Thank You,
You guys are wonderful.

Last edited by oLnuTjOb; 04-30-2019 at 08:12 AM.
post #17379 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 08:22 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oLnuTjOb View Post
I'm late on this one. I purchased a Denon Avr-X6200w, great shape, works and sounds wonderful.

I connected all my speakers. (I have 2 Subs, Center, 4-Surrounds and 2-Surround Back Speakers.) I reset the receiver to factory settings and skipped through the "Connection Cartoons," and performed the Audyssey Setup.

All was well. I tweaked some crossovers to taste and raised/ lowered a couple speaker's volume to compensate for hearing loss. I upgraded from an AVR-S900w, so I knew the routine.

By default the Amp Assign for my setup was set to 9.1. If I change the Amp Assign it to 7.1, I have to redo Audyssey settings. Am I missing any surround modes or options by leaving things the way they are?

I usually only use the system connected to my Directv Box that only does Dolby Digital and listen to Internet Radio.

I'm addicted to Aardvark Blues: 5-Channel Surround/Audyssy-Flat.

Thank You,
You guys are wonderful.
So then you have a 7.2 setup and therefore as it is less than 9.1 no reason to change the AMP ASSIGN setting.
post #17380 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
X2200W - FM/AM leaking into outputs?

Symptom: I'm hearing what seems to be music ( a radio station) coming through the tweeters in my speakers when the amp is on, even when muted. Adjusting volume has no impact. Changing inputs has no impact. Removing all inputs (hdmi) also doesn't help.

Any thoughts/suggestions?
Denon support is saying to mail it back (I've already sent it away once with no fix) to the repair center but I'm not sure if this is something they'd be able to diagnose/fix.

Looking for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this myself to avoid shipping it away for another 2 weeks.

Thanks!
post #17381 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Common problem with certain Denon models as the tuner section is always ON..
If the selector switch is in any other position than Tuner it should be muted..
Apparently they missed this one..

Just my $0.02...
post #17382 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Code View Post
Common problem with certain Denon models as the tuner section is always ON..
If the selector switch is in any other position than Tuner it should be muted..
Apparently they missed this one..

Just my $0.02...
Thanks for the reply! Is this something that could develop over time? (I've had the unit for about 2yrs and the problem just started about 3 weeks ago).
post #17383 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 05:41 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 1089 Post(s)
Liked: 699
Most likely it was always there..
But it is more noticeable when the tuner is left tuned on a local strong station..
Tune to an empty channel slot and it should go away..

Just my $0.02..
post #17384 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan3300 View Post
Symptom: I'm hearing what seems to be music ( a radio station) coming through the tweeters in my speakers when the amp is on, even when muted. Adjusting volume has no impact. Changing inputs has no impact. Removing all inputs (hdmi) also doesn't help.

Denon support is saying to mail it back (I've already sent it away once with no fix) to the repair center but I'm not sure if this is something they'd be able to diagnose/fix.

Looking for any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this myself to avoid shipping it away for another 2 weeks.

Thanks!
Refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset". If no joy, then do a "microprocessor reset."

If still no joy, as M Code suggested, select a weak station and then set it up as a Favorite and a Quick Select as well.
post #17385 of 17512 Old 04-30-2019, 10:46 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked: 238
Muting JFETs are a notorious weak point in gear of all makes and vintages, so it wouldn't surprise me if that's what died. Problem is, they might be part of a larger chip. If Denon implemented a retrofit, maybe they added some discrete components that are easily replaced.

Static damage can take months or years to finally manifest.

On the unlikely possibility that the tuner setting has no effect, it might be getting picked up through the speaker cable. Disconnect all speakers, get the amp and a single speaker as close as possible, and connect with as short a piece as possible of a pair of wires tightly twisted together. If the radio sound persists then it's probably not because of speaker cables. But if it is, different cables (twisted pair), a Zobel network or small cap at each speaker, or a ferrite core appropriate to the RF frequency might help.

Sources/processing: stack of stuff that if it isn't vintage now, it will be soon!
Amps: stacks and stacks of old iron
Main speakers: big DIYSG
Surrounds: Bose graveyard
Subs: a bunch
post #17386 of 17512 Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan3300 View Post

Thanks!

II never even scanned or tuned FM on my receiver. I love the Internet Radio option on my Denon(s.)

Are you by chance near a radio station Transmitter? Home wiring and speaker wiring can pick up radio frequencies. (It's like having a Ghost in your wiring.)

I have this issue with several guitar/bass amplifiers. There is a high watt FM station a couple miles away from my home. Sometimes adding an additional "Real World Ground" to a dedicated AC outlet will tame the ghost.

(Drive a 36" piece of Rabar into the ground at least two feet and attach a 10/12 gauge single ground wire and add it to your AC outlet or dedicated UPS power supply.)
post #17387 of 17512 Old 05-05-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

IR Receiver for Denon Remote IR Jack

I have my 6200 in an entertainment unit with glass doors. In order to get better response from my Denon remote, I'd like to plug an IR receiver to the remote IR input jack on the back of the 6200 and route the IR receiver to the front of the entertainment unit. Denon 6200 owners manual has no specs on the IR remote input jack. Nor can I find definitive solutions via google. Just looking for something reliable, simple, and cheap.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AVR_IR_JACK.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	163.1 KB
ID:	2562866  

Denon AVR-X6200W, Outlaw Audio 7125 Amp, Oppo UDP-203, Oppo BDP-103, Amazon Fire TV Stick, Tivo Roamio Pro, Pioneer Elite Andrew Jones Dolby Atmos Enabled EFS-73 Fronts/EBS-73 Surrounds, Chane A2.4 Center, SVS SB-2000 Sub, Panasonic Plasma TH-58PX600
I'm just a caveman. Your modern world frightens and confuses me. RIP Phil Hartman
post #17388 of 17512 Old 05-08-2019, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokishin View Post
I have my 6200 in an entertainment unit with glass doors. In order to get better response from my Denon remote, I'd like to plug an IR receiver to the remote IR input jack on the back of the 6200 and route the IR receiver to the front of the entertainment unit. Denon 6200 owners manual has no specs on the IR remote input jack. Nor can I find definitive solutions via google. Just looking for something reliable, simple, and cheap.
I couldn’t find squat from googling. I called Denon and they weren’t helpful. I decided to plunge ahead and implement this myself.

The gear I wanted to control with an external IR receiver: Denon AVR-X6200, Oppo BDP-103, and Oppo UDP-203. The Denon 6200 and Oppo 103 each have an IR remote input jack on their rear panels allowing for a direct cable connection. Unfortunately, the Oppo 203 does not, so I used an IR emitter on the front of the Oppo 203.

I purchased the following from amazon.com (and got same day delivery):
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I removed AC power to all components in my system by switching off the system power strip.

I hid the BAFX control box inside my entertainment unit. Connected the included IR receiver to the BAFX control box and ran it to the front of my entertainment unit.

I connected the two 6’ male mini plug to male mini plug mono cables to the BAFX control box and routed them behind my entertainment unit. Plugged one cable into the rear of the Denon 6200 and the other cable into the rear of the Oppo 103.

I then connected one of the BAFX IR emitters to the BAFX control box and routed it to my Oppo 203 placing it in front of the 203’s front panel IR receiver. (I chose not to use the Oppo 203’s rear IR receiver because I did not want to deal with aiming the emitter. Also IIRC, the 203 defaults to its front IR receiver after loss of AC power).

I connected the BAFX 12VDC power adapter to the BAFX control box. I powered up my entire system and everything works as expected.

Some observations:
The Denon 6200 does not disable its front panel IR receiver but it does not seem to cause problems (even though it’s behind glass doors).

The Oppo 103 does disable its front panel IR receiver.

The BAFX IR receiver, routed to the front of my entertainment unit, has a faint glowing green LED when no IR commands are being sent. It flashes red when it receives IR commands. This is handy because sometimes I’ll press a button on one of the remotes and if I don’t press it firmly enough, no IR signal is sent and the BAFX IR receiver does not flash red. I appreciate the visual feedback.

That's it.
Purple X and galonzo like this.

Last edited by kokishin; 05-08-2019 at 01:37 PM.
post #17389 of 17512 Old 05-09-2019, 10:32 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I just e-mailed Denon my issues. I’m sure they’ll say to do a factory reset but I doubt this will fix it. Anyone experience my volume dynamics issue? Eco and dynamic volume weren’t engaged. Simply after doing a pause move then play dynamics dropped.

Hello,
I’m writing due to two issues I’m having with my Denon 4200. One issue- It seems like the AVR has two ways it performs. Normal dynamics and the other way is a significant reduction of dynamics and volume. I first noticed this watching a Blu-Ray and the sound was shaking my house. I had to get up and paused the movie to cook. When I came back and un paused, leaving same sound mode and volume, the volume was significantly lower and both the regular speakers and subwoofer sounded weak. No matter how much I turn up the master volume to try and get the dynamics back it gets louder, but again, it sounds like it is suppressed. The crazy thing is to try and get it back to normal I had to keep cycling through sound modes via remote several times or pause and play repeatedly until randomly the sound became louder/back to normal and powerful. This is very frustrating.

This “reduced dynamics” has also occurred when source was airplay as well. I had hit pause then play, volume went down at same master volume. I am not sure what is going on with the signal processing. It seems like it is hit or miss when it receives a signal whether I get full dynamics or suppressed volume and dynamics. I was listening in stereo mode enjoying airplay music then switched to Dolby Surround, the bass and speakers became quieter when normally the opposite happens (example of reduced dynamics). I’m not sure what the trigger is to have the AVR go back to normal.

My second issue:

Atmos was lit up on AVR, but no sound out of height speakers. Had to cycle through other sound modes and back to Atmos to activate the height speakers. Again, for some reason the AVR seems to have some defect where it can’t process signals properly.

Thanks
post #17390 of 17512 Old 05-09-2019, 11:19 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Unlike the speakers, the sub test tones won't be as loud during test tone processing, although regardless of what you experience during the Audyssey EQ, the goal is for the sub to NOT be set to -12dB.

How is this accomplished if you have 4 subs? I set the volume for each to 75 by turning off the other sub connected to the splitter during level mayxinf but then let Audyssey calibrate and apply EQ to both with my 8 positions on the 4200. It always comes back at -12 even though I’m in the green at the SW level matching on an individual sub basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #17391 of 17512 Old 05-10-2019, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawCPA View Post
Hey guys, sorry for the long post but I just e-mailed Denon my issues. I’m sure they’ll say to do a factory reset but I doubt this will fix it. Anyone experience my volume dynamics issue? Eco and dynamic volume weren’t engaged. Simply after doing a pause move then play dynamics dropped.

Hello,
I’m writing due to two issues I’m having with my Denon 4200. One issue- It seems like the AVR has two ways it performs. Normal dynamics and the other way is a significant reduction of dynamics and volume. I first noticed this watching a Blu-Ray and the sound was shaking my house. I had to get up and paused the movie to cook. When I came back and un paused, leaving same sound mode and volume, the volume was significantly lower and both the regular speakers and subwoofer sounded weak. No matter how much I turn up the master volume to try and get the dynamics back it gets louder, but again, it sounds like it is suppressed. The crazy thing is to try and get it back to normal I had to keep cycling through sound modes via remote several times or pause and play repeatedly until randomly the sound became louder/back to normal and powerful. This is very frustrating.

This “reduced dynamics” has also occurred when source was airplay as well. I had hit pause then play, volume went down at same master volume. I am not sure what is going on with the signal processing. It seems like it is hit or miss when it receives a signal whether I get full dynamics or suppressed volume and dynamics. I was listening in stereo mode enjoying airplay music then switched to Dolby Surround, the bass and speakers became quieter when normally the opposite happens (example of reduced dynamics). I’m not sure what the trigger is to have the AVR go back to normal.

My second issue:

Atmos was lit up on AVR, but no sound out of height speakers. Had to cycle through other sound modes and back to Atmos to activate the height speakers. Again, for some reason the AVR seems to have some defect where it can’t process signals properly.

Thanks
1. Refer to post 5 and do a "soft reset". If no joy, do a "microprocessor reset."
2. Report back after doing item 1 above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawCPA View Post
How is this accomplished if you have 4 subs? I set the volume for each to 75 by turning off the other sub connected to the splitter during level mayxinf but then let Audyssey calibrate and apply EQ to both with my 8 positions on the 4200. It always comes back at -12 even though I’m in the green at the SW level matching on an individual sub basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keeping in mind that adding a 2nd sub will add 6dB, you'll want to set each lower (closer to 65).
LawCPA likes this.
post #17392 of 17512 Old 05-16-2019, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 102
Hello everyone. Is it possible to bi-amp the front speakers in a 5.1.4 configuration that includes front height speakers and Dolby surround side speakers? I have an external amp that I was hoping to use to free up space for the bi-amping
post #17393 of 17512 Old 05-16-2019, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronitis View Post
Hello everyone. Is it possible to bi-amp the front speakers in a 5.1.4 configuration that includes front height speakers and Dolby surround side speakers? I have an external amp that I was hoping to use to free up space for the bi-amping
No.
mrtickleuk and LawCPA like this.
post #17394 of 17512 Old 05-16-2019, 03:37 PM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lang View Post
Even with HDMI control set to off, the receiver powered on again overnight.
Have you checked the Sony thread for that model TV? Sony had issues with certain models turning on the receiver due to firmware updates. Not sure if that has been corrected with subsequent updates.
post #17395 of 17512 Old 05-16-2019, 03:38 PM
Administrator
Administrator

Mentioned: 326 Post(s)
Quoted: 1500 Post(s)
Liked: 1132
Quote:
Originally Posted by gant1080 View Post
Have you checked the Sony thread for that model TV? Sony had issues with certain models turning on the receiver due to firmware updates. Not sure if that has been corrected with subsequent updates.
Yes. Had to disable BraviSync.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Always post about products, never post about other members.
Join the AVS Forum Club and help support the site.
AVS Forum is not sponsored by or in any way affiliated with AV Science Inc.
post #17396 of 17512 Old 05-17-2019, 07:11 AM

trouble with Atmos

my Denon receiver = AVRX2200W, and Samsung Blu ray UBD-8500
had been getting along... both set to "auto" functions, so when choosing to listen in Dolby Atmos...
from an UHD disc, the Denon got the message and Atmos was shown on the receiver faceplate, and all went as planned ….
don't know why, but Atmos no longer shows as a choice True HD TV is all that shows on the faceplate ?!?

settings are the same ...1 thing , I did have to do a reset of the Denon, but can not recall if it began happening before that reset or after ...regardless , the auto fx. was again the selection...but! no Atmos ?!?!?

thanx
post #17397 of 17512 Old 05-17-2019, 08:12 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Go into the audio settings of the particular Blu-ray and make sure Atmos is selected as well. Verify that all settings are correct after the reset. If they are reset again.
post #17398 of 17512 Old 05-17-2019, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketofani View Post
Go into the audio settings of the particular Blu-ray and make sure Atmos is selected as well. Verify that all settings are correct after the reset. If they are reset again.
the Samsung does Not have any Atmos specific box to check off , only a choice to play the audio form you choose; be it... Atmos, dolby surround , etc
post #17399 of 17512 Old 05-17-2019, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1222 Post(s)
Liked: 741
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodoob View Post
my Denon receiver = AVRX2200W, and Samsung Blu ray UBD-8500
had been getting along... both set to "auto" functions, so when choosing to listen in Dolby Atmos...
from an UHD disc, the Denon got the message and Atmos was shown on the receiver faceplate, and all went as planned ….
don't know why, but Atmos no longer shows as a choice True HD TV is all that shows on the faceplate ?!?

settings are the same ...1 thing , I did have to do a reset of the Denon, but can not recall if it began happening before that reset or after ...regardless , the auto fx. was again the selection...but! no Atmos ?!?!?

thanx
Mike is right. Some movies default to 7.1, and you have to select Atmos, which is dumb. Jumanji and Coco come to mind.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: Jamo 626k4 in-wall mains, Jamo 631k4 bi/dipole surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #17400 of 17512 Old 05-17-2019, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Mike is right. Some movies default to 7.1, and you have to select Atmos, which is dumb. Jumanji and Coco come to mind.
o k , not sure if I stated this correctly …

1st...
it was all working fine, because I set the receiver and the blu ray player to their respective automatic settings
which performed like this
when I put a disc in the player >>> went to audio options >>> choose ATMOS ...it played that way, in Atmos
automatically

does not do that anymore.... the Atmos selection
( from audio choice on the disc )
always shows (on the receiver faceplate ) as True HD TV
...and..
if I scroll thru the various audio options, on the receiver, Atmos is not even a choice ?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
4:4:4 , alexa , arc , audyseey , Audyssey , avr , AVR-X2200W , bluetooth , chroma , connect , Denon , denon 2200w , denon x1200w , lfe , s710w , s910w , spotify , x-1200w , x1200w , x2200w , x3200w , x4200 , x4200w , x6200w , Yamaha

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page