Why? Denon AVR-S710W sounds shallow compared to my old AVR-2310CI
I'm a novice here so I hope this question makes sense and is simple.
I just changed Denon receivers in my home theater thinking i was upgrading to support 4k video. My old receiver is a Denon AVR-2310CI. My new one is a Denon AVR-S710W.
All other components are the same:
- Definitive Tech ProCinema 800 speakers
- Samsung UN65KS8500 TV
- same HDMI cables, speaker wires, same room in the house
- TV source is Netflix, Prime Video via Samsung apps in the TV, and i've also tried using Roku Ultra 4k and Amazon 4k Firestick.
The only thing changed is the receiver. The overall sound just seems shallow now. Movies do not feel as immersive as before. Sorry, I don't have a good technical explanation... just my experience. I've tried different configurations using optical cable and HDMI ARC to get sound to the receiver.
What is the main difference in the receivers that could cause this?
- Is it simply the watts per channel difference? 75w (new) vs 105(old) @ 8 ohms
- Or are there other factors I should consider?
Below are links to the specs of the two receivers. I'm just looking for the key difference that would account for the sound difference.