As some may know, I've been researching for converting an older audio-only room setup to a Home Theater, adding the RS400 for the Video component, and updating the Audio to obtain true Dolby Surround and Atmos. The SR7010 will be the brains of the operation!
Please recommend initial Audio configuration to set up the SR7010. It should arrive early next week, and I've been reading the online manual to prepare. There are many configuration options, and I'd like to identify the best one to at least start with. I'll be dealing with setting up the RS400 as well, with all of its complexities, so am trying to be as prepared as I can. So here's my setup (7.1.4):
Massive Duntech Sovereigns
, frequency response extends down to 27Hz.
Each of these will be powered by its own Adcom GFA-555 amp in bridged mode (600Watts), so will be using pre-outs from the SR7010.
Powered JBL LSR308 Studio Monitor
. 37Hz - 24khz. Also using pre-out from the SR7010.
Massive 8' DIY sub
with 4 18" SI HT Drivers, powered by iNuke 6000 (built by an AVS-er, from whom I'm buying this sub).
He recommended crossover around 60Hz for this sub that is tuned at 16Hz.
Atmos (4 Speakers, to be mounted as Top Front and Top Back, reasonably close to Dolby recommendations for these speakers):
Ascend Acoustics CBM170-SE
(58Hz - 22kHz +/- 3dB, 89dB @ 1 watt/ 1 meter)
Dolby Surround (4 speakers, mounted to sides and rear, again reasonably close to Dolby recommendations):
2 original Wharfedale Diamond (backplate says 50Hz to 20kHz, 87dB Sensitivity)
2 Wharfedale Diamond II (backplate says 50Hz to 20kHz, 86dB Sensitivity)
So as seen here, the SR7010 amps will be used to power only the 4 Dolby and 4 Atmos speakers.
- The "main" crossover (Manual P. 265) ranges from 40Hz to 250Hz (default 80Hz) - what would be optimal for my situation?
- There is another section "LPF for LFE" (Manual P. 266) that ranges from 80Hz to 250Hz, default 120Hz - what exactly is this for, and again, what would be optimal for my situation?
- Subwoofer Mode (Manual P. 266): set to LFE or LFE+Main in my situation (and why)?
- Speakers can be set to Small or Large - Duntech's as Large, 8 Dolby/Atmos as Small, Center Channel to which?
- And when Odyssey is run, does it automatically designate speakers as Small or Large, or is that done manually? Or should what I choose 'override' what Odyssey would designate?
- And on the subject of Audyssey: the JBL Powered Center has its own volume/gain control, and the iNuke 6000 for the Subwoofer does as well - where do I set these before running Audyssey?
Any other tips appreciated. I've consumed untold hours doing the research for this project, in terms of selecting the best gear for my situation, and I'm now playing catch-up in terms of how to configure it all for optimal performance!