*Official* Marantz 2015 NR-1506/1606, SR-5010/6010/7010 & AV7702mkII owner's thread - Page 165 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12616Likes

Old 05-31-2016, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have the 6010 - is it possible to have the display show the current audio signal? As it is I have not found a setting for this, the receiver just shows which input is active?

http://www.minhembio.com/bran
65JS9505 | Sonus Faber Venere | XTZ 10.17 | Yamaha A2070 | Anti-Mode 8033S-II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2016, 02:00 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 702 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11953
Quote:
Originally Posted by bran82 View Post
I have the 6010 - is it possible to have the display show the current audio signal? As it is I have not found a setting for this, the receiver just shows which input is active?
No, however, you can display that info on the TV by pressing the INFO button on the remote.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:11 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Hi Stephan,
I have the 7010 but assume the flap is the same on the 6010 and no, I do not hear a scratching sound when it is opened or closed.
It sounds to me like there is some slight fouling of the hinge mechanism.
As it is not a serious issue I would try soaking a cotton bud in some WD 40 ( a light lubricating oil) and carefully applying it to the hinge area. The hinge is well away from any electronics so with care you should be fine but do not spray the oil , just use a cotton bud and tread lightly.
Let us know how you get on.
Thanks Alex for the reply. As mentioned it's not a serious issue and it makes a very light scratching sound (almost as if there is a bit of static) if I close the flap - sort of like mid-way through. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Strange, but this unit is brand new, received it yesterday. I'm one of those guys that is easily annoyed by small things such as this. Given what I paid for the unit. I'll try your suggestion out but it's strange I would have to do this for a brand new unit.
Newbie789 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2016, 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan Mire View Post
Thanks Alex for the reply. As mentioned it's not a serious issue and it makes a very light scratching sound (almost as if there is a bit of static) if I close the flap - sort of like mid-way through. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.

Strange, but this unit is brand new, received it yesterday. I'm one of those guys that is easily annoyed by small things such as this. Given what I paid for the unit. I'll try your suggestion out but it's strange I would have to do this for a brand new unit.
It's very possible the unit got dropped in transit which was enough to move the flap out of position. You could also just try repositioning it slightly to the opposite side.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:22 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked: 354
Quote:

I have the 6010 and their is no "scratching" sound when the lid is operated. However, there is a slight tick when the door is open and one lifts it up. This is due to the hinges itself and made to operate that way. All in all, this is a stout made machine, fun to play with and even more enjoyable to hear.

Marantz SR6010 Onkyo 636 Onkyo NR801
Epson 3700 Sammy 55JS7000 Sammy K8500 Toshiba HD DVD Sony UBP-X800
Fusion F15's (LCR) Fusion 8's (SS) -JBL Studio Monitor 4406 - SVS SB1000 >BIC F12 Sub
TruAudio Revolve 8" - atmos
Old 05-31-2016, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Send a message via Skype™ to patoberli
I currently own an Onkyo TX-SR608 and am fairly happy with it, besides a weird ARC audio issue when my pc is also running (connected to a different input on the Onkyo).
Anyway, I don't plan to get an Ultra Blu-Ray player, so Atmos and DTS:X is at the moment of lower importance. I do use Netflix on my PC, but so far there is no Atmos content on Netflix, but it is announced.
My TV is a Sony KDL-55HX850, so it's a Full-HD set which I don't plan to replace in the next 3 years.
I've got a 7.1 Audio setup at the moment and would go for a 7.1.2 setup (with a stereo amp) if I see any use out of it

So with those details out, is the Marantz SR6010 a worthwhile upgrade to my otherwise great working TX-SR608? I could get it at the moment for a very nice price.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patoberli View Post
I currently own an Onkyo TX-SR608 and am fairly happy with it, besides a weird ARC audio issue when my pc is also running (connected to a different input on the Onkyo).
Anyway, I don't plan to get an Ultra Blu-Ray player, so Atmos and DTS:X is at the moment of lower importance. I do use Netflix on my PC, but so far there is no Atmos content on Netflix, but it is announced.
My TV is a Sony KDL-55HX850, so it's a Full-HD set which I don't plan to replace in the next 3 years.
I've got a 7.1 Audio setup at the moment and would go for a 7.1.2 setup (with a stereo amp) if I see any use out of it

So with those details out, is the Marantz SR6010 a worthwhile upgrade to my otherwise great working TX-SR608? I could get it at the moment for a very nice price.

Yes, indeed. The SR608 uses the lowest version of Audyssey (2EQ) which cannot EQ the subwoofer, while the SR6010 uses the most advanced version of Audyssey (XT32) which can EQ the sub.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:

Hi Stephan,
I can understand your annoyance. You have paid a significant amount for your unit and it should be perfect. Hopefully some slight adjustment by yourself will fix it and all will be well.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
SR6010 - 7CH AVR - 5.2.2 out of the box or 5.2.4/7.2.2 w/2CH external amp

SR7010 - 9CH AVR - 5.2.4/7.2.2 out of the box or 7.2.4 w/2CH external amp

With the 7010, if I currently have 7.2.4 and extra amps to spare, is there a config that lets me use front wides as well or do I have to lose my rear backs or something else?

Video: JVC RS540 w/Anamorphic Lens & 122" 2.35:1 CIH
Audio: Marantz SR7010 / XPA-3 / UPA-7 Sources: Nvidia Shield / Xbox One
7. Ascend Acoustics Sierra-2 (L R C), Ascend Acoustics HTM-200SE (side & rear)
2. Subs: SVS PC-2000 & eD A3-300 12" / Sensory: Aura Pro Bass Shakers
4 HTM-200SE for Atmos/DTS:X
Theater Pics / Desktop
Old 05-31-2016, 04:26 AM

Quoted: 184 Post(s)
Liked: 27
While I am happy with my NR1606, wanted to check if there is any area I should work on the speaker settings / room to overcome the limitation of Audyssey Bronze it comes with ?
Old 05-31-2016, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKNice View Post
With the 7010, if I currently have 7.2.4 and extra amps to spare, is there a config that lets me use front wides as well or do I have to lose my rear backs or something else?
Although you can connect up to 13 speakers (ie. to include the Front Wides), only 11 can be operated at one time ... so yes, you have to give up 2 of the "height" speakers to use 9 floor speakers.
Old 05-31-2016, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 181 Post(s)
Quoted: 4288 Post(s)
Liked: 5238
Quote:
Although you can connect up to 13 speakers (ie. to include the Front Wides), only 11 can be operated at one time ... so yes, you have to give up 2 of the "height" speakers to use 9 floor speakers.
JD, when is the 7011 or the successor to the AV7702 coming out?

John
Sony 55A1E, A9F / LG 55OLEDC8
Marantz 7012, Ohm Walsh Speakers
Klein K10-A, Jeti 1501, Murideo Six-G Gen2
Calman Ultimate, ISF Level III Certified
Old 05-31-2016, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
JD, when is the 7011 or the successor to the AV7702 coming out?
Most likely in Sep when the SR7010 was released.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, indeed. The SR608 uses the lowest version of Audyssey (2EQ) which cannot EQ the subwoofer, while the SR6010 uses the most advanced version of Audyssey (XT32) which can EQ the sub.
Thanks for the reply. I'm currently reading into how much the difference will be worth the price of a new AVR.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5935
IMO, going from MultieqXT to XT32 was an upgrade, 2eq was not very good.

And having dual subs, it is even more important.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / FV15HP
Old 05-31-2016, 09:45 AM

Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbarbel View Post
Hi Stephan,
I can understand your annoyance. You have paid a significant amount for your unit and it should be perfect. Hopefully some slight adjustment by yourself will fix it and all will be well.
Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks Alex. I tried readjusting the flap and it made no difference. It still makes a scratching sound almost like a static noise when I close the flap. Think I'm going to return to the supplier to check it out. Yeah, after paying good money I expect the unit to operate perfectly. For most, my problem probably won't even register with them, but I get irritated by things like this.

Oh well. Messing around with oil to get this to work is not an option. Would hate to mess the unit up more. Love the unit, but just this one issue.
Old 05-31-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
IMO, going from MultieqXT to XT32 was an upgrade, 2eq was not very good.

And having dual subs, it is even more important.
No space for dual sub in my living room. Also my neighbors wouldn't really appreciate it
Old 05-31-2016, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Not processed? Huh? When the Center speaker is set to NONE, the center channel audio is split between the FL/FR speakers whether the audio is PCM or bitstream.
I understand, but this is not the behavior i am getting. Bitstream works as expected, but when the source is PCM i am not getting any center channel audio. My statement was an assumption based on the observed behavior, which apparently is incorrect.

That said, now that i know this is not normal, i still have no idea why it is functioning in this way for me.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 742 Post(s)
Liked: 556
Quote:
Thanks Alex. I tried readjusting the flap and it made no difference. It still makes a scratching sound almost like a static noise when I close the flap. Think I'm going to return to the supplier to check it out. Yeah, after paying good money I expect the unit to operate perfectly. For most, my problem probably won't even register with them, but I get irritated by things like this.

Oh well. Messing around with oil to get this to work is not an option. Would hate to mess the unit up more. Love the unit, but just this one issue.
The main thing Stephan is that you need to be happy with the unit so you are doing the right thing in returning it for checking.
Good luck.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris3G View Post
I understand, but this is not the behavior i am getting. Bitstream works as expected, but when the source is PCM i am not getting any center channel audio. My statement was an assumption based on the observed behavior, which apparently is incorrect.

That said, now that i know this is not normal, i still have no idea why it is functioning in this way for me.
What is the 7CH LPCM source? Do you have several tracks that you can try as it may simply be an issue with that one source.

For example ... some TV stations are known to pass a stereo 2.0 signal over a DD 5.1 audio track which then shows up as DD 5.1 on the AVR but you only hear audio from the FL/FR speakers.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
What is the 7CH LPCM source? Do you have several tracks that you can try as it may simply be an issue with that one source.

For example ... some TV stations are known to pass a stereo 2.0 signal over a DD 5.1 audio track which then shows up as DD 5.1 on the AVR but you only hear audio from the FL/FR speakers.
i've observed this on 2 sources so far.

1 - nvidia shield tv w/ Kodi 16 playing any 7.1 file
I prefer to use bitstream which works fine, but sometimes has audio sync issues not related to this problem
i can set the kodi speaker config to 4.1, in which case it also works fine as kodi then downmixes the center channel into L/R. However then i have no SB channels and kodi has no setting for 6 channels without center.

2 - Playstation 4 with Uncharted 4
With PS4 set to PCM there is no center channel dialogue in the cutscenes, fortunately the game has detailed speaker configuration settings and allows turning off the center channel, again this works fine as the source is then splitting the center into the L/R channels.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:37 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 680
I have a NR6010 and subscribe to Spotify..
If there a way to connect the unit directly to spotify service and use the Marantz Remote to play the spotify music? Instead of using Airplay from iPhone or iPad?
The instruction manual of the 6010 does not give very clear instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Old 05-31-2016, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Sharma View Post
I have a NR6010 and subscribe to Spotify..
If there a way to connect the unit directly to spotify service and use the Marantz Remote to play the spotify music? Instead of using Airplay from iPhone or iPad?
The instruction manual of the 6010 does not give very clear instructions.
Thanks in advance.
Yup. Just use the Spotify Connect app as noted on p. 125 of the Owner's manual.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 980 Post(s)
Liked: 680
Quote:
Yup. Just use the Spotify Connect app as noted on p. 125 of the Owner's manual.
JD - Point four int he instructions says tap the "*' icon to connect tot he unit...
I don't see the '*' icon??
Please help.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:

What does the Info screen show (press Info on remote)? Something is wrong if you don't have a center input (highlighted "C"), or if you have a center speaker output.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
What does the Info screen show (press Info on remote)? Something is wrong if you don't have a center input (highlighted "C"), or if you have a center speaker output.

info screen shows correctly, 7.1 channel input, 6.1 speaker output.

Old 05-31-2016, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Quote:
Yes, looks right. I have no problem with 5.1 PCM on my 1606 (never tried 7.1 PCM).

Try pressing the Direct button on the remote. That turns off Audessey and some other things.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:50 PM

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 4808 Post(s)
Liked: 2845
Quote:
One way to try to recover from strange glitches like this is to do a "soft reset": unplug the receiver from wall power for about 10 minutes.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke M View Post
Yes, looks right. I have no problem with 5.1 PCM on my 1606 (never tried 7.1 PCM).

Try pressing the Direct button on the remote. That turns off Audessey and some other things.
I actually had a 1606 for a short time and now that i think about it, i did not have this problem with that unit. I ended up exchanging it for a 5010 as i needed the dual HDMI outputs.

I did try messing with the direct modes and there is no difference.
Old 05-31-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selden Ball View Post
One way to try to recover from strange glitches like this is to do a "soft reset": unplug the receiver from wall power for about 10 minutes.
will give it a try.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
7010 , av7702mkii , hdmi marantz nr1506 , Marantz , marantz 7702 256gb ssd , marantz sr5010 , no sound , nr1506 , NR1606 , SR5010 , sr6010 , sr7010 , subwoofer