*Official* Marantz 2015 NR-1506/1606, SR-5010/6010/7010 & AV7702mkII owner's thread - Page 291 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12631Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #8701 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 09:47 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bradford, Ontario
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveting99 View Post
Others have made recommendations with a multi-bay NAS.

You might want to check out WD MyBook Live series of standalone NAS that has a built-in Twonky sever. This was a low cost option for me, and have this running with tunes stored on the MyBook Live and using BubbleUPnP app with the Android mobile device, am able to "pull" the files off the NAS and "push" them to the Marantz receiver. Able to create playlists on the fly, see album art on the mobile device as well as control the music playback, i.e. play,pause,stop,scrub forwards/backwards,skip to next track, etc. There is no need to turn on the main display to navigate or play tunes.

As Marc Alexander says, most modern routers now have a media server that can be enabled to any attached USB drive.

You can decide which way is best, depending on your current setup.
Actually the WD drives are what I was actually considering just wasn't sure if they would work too well. Thanks for the tip. A 2 TB is not too expensive and is big enough for what I need.
lightsout190 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8702 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 10:44 AM
Senior Member
 
mgproudfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 224
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Have you tried other BDs? Try powering off the AVR and unplug the power cord for 10 minutes. Then power on: TV, pause 5 secs, AVR, pause 5 secs, PS4.
This worked. Odd. thanks.
mgproudfit is offline  
post #8703 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
smdelaney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Greater Boston, MA
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked: 133
Is there no **Official** thread for the 2016 Marantz product line (SR5011/6011/7011 etc)?
Any word on what we have to look forward to from Marantz in 2017?

"You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means."

-Steve-

TCL 55R617, Denon AVR-X2400H, Philips BDP-7502, Onkyo DX-C390, (2) HEOS 3HS2's,
Cambridge Soundworks Ensemble (FR/FL), MC150 (C), S100 (SR/SL), KLH E-12DB (SW)
smdelaney is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8704 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Selden Ball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: upstate NY
Posts: 14,833
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4815 Post(s)
Liked: 2850
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdelaney View Post
Is there no **Official** thread for the 2016 Marantz product line (SR5011/6011/7011 etc)?
Yes, there is. See https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...-s-thread.html

There's a separate thread for their 2016 pre/pro. https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...03-thread.html
Quote:
Any word on what we have to look forward to from Marantz in 2017?
Not yet.

Selden

Marantz SR7009 avr + MM9000 amp --> Atmos 7.1.4
Fronts=NHT 2.9+AC2, FH+TM=DefTech PM1000, LCR+TM amped
Selden Ball is offline  
post #8705 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smdelaney View Post
Is there no **Official** thread for the 2016 Marantz product line (SR5011/6011/7011 etc)?
Any word on what we have to look forward to from Marantz in 2017?
A good way to determine when the new year's line will start to be announced is to look at the first post in the Owner's thread for the current models, in this case,

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post43940730

You'll note the first post was created in May which is about the time frame to expect the new 2017 lower level models information to be announced.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8706 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 05:44 PM
Member
 
bpwwer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout190 View Post
Actually the WD drives are what I was actually considering just wasn't sure if they would work too well. Thanks for the tip. A 2 TB is not too expensive and is big enough for what I need.
You might want to check out the Synology line also. I'm running plex on the ds-216j which is a two bay NAS and one of the least expensive in the Synology line.
bpwwer is offline  
post #8707 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
How to keep ceiling speakers from playing when not wanted?

I have a 7702 mkii setup as a 5.4.1 system. There are many times when I do not want my ceiling speakers to play. Anytime I select Dolby surround when listening to two channel audio through You tube or whatever, my ceiling speakers are active. I really only prefer them to play during movies that are recorded with Atmos or DTS X. Is there a setting I can choose to remedy this? Many times I just prefer only the L/R fronts to play, but sometimes I choose Dolby surround depending on the video. Thanks for any input.
Marc Alexander likes this.

Last edited by smfins; 03-08-2017 at 08:13 PM.
smfins is offline  
post #8708 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 08:18 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,575
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
I have a 7702 mkii setup as a 5.4.1 system. There are many times when I do not want my ceiling speakers to play. Anytime I select Dolby surround when listening to two channel audio through You tube or whatever, my ceiling speakers are active. I really only prefer them to play during movies that are recorded with Atmos or DTS X. Is there a setting I can choose to remedy this? Many times I just prefer only the L/R fronts to play, but sometimes I choose Dolby surround depending on the video. Thanks for any input.
Choose Stereo, or DIRECT.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #8709 of 12302 Old 03-08-2017, 08:21 PM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
Choose Stereo, or DIRECT.
So there's no way to listen to a two channel input source in "regular" Dolby Surround with just the 5 speakers instead of using all 9?
smfins is offline  
post #8710 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 02:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
petetherock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Back in Asia for now
Posts: 3,664
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1724 Post(s)
Liked: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
So there's no way to listen to a two channel input source in "regular" Dolby Surround with just the 5 speakers instead of using all 9?
You can switch off the Atmos channels in the speaker config menu - specify none..
petetherock is offline  
post #8711 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 07:51 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
I have a 7702 mkii setup as a 5.4.1 system. There are many times when I do not want my ceiling speakers to play. Anytime I select Dolby surround when listening to two channel audio through You tube or whatever, my ceiling speakers are active. I really only prefer them to play during movies that are recorded with Atmos or DTS X. Is there a setting I can choose to remedy this? Many times I just prefer only the L/R fronts to play, but sometimes I choose Dolby surround depending on the video. Thanks for any input.
Select the "Dolby Digital" rather than "Dolby Digital + Surround".
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8712 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 10:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Bradford, Ontario
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
I have a 7702 mkii setup as a 5.4.1 system. There are many times when I do not want my ceiling speakers to play. Anytime I select Dolby surround when listening to two channel audio through You tube or whatever, my ceiling speakers are active. I really only prefer them to play during movies that are recorded with Atmos or DTS X. Is there a setting I can choose to remedy this? Many times I just prefer only the L/R fronts to play, but sometimes I choose Dolby surround depending on the video. Thanks for any input.
If you keep your receiver set to direct like Mark Alexander suggested then your receiver decides what speakers are used based on the signal coming in. If the signal is encoded in 5.1 or 7.1 or atmos then those speakers will play. If the signal coming in is PCM then usually it will just be your left, and right speakers with the sub. Most youtube stuff is in PCM two channel.

You can also disable certain speakers from the Marantz speaker setup menu as well.
Newbie789 likes this.
lightsout190 is offline  
post #8713 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 10:24 AM
Member
 
X-ray Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
1. Audyssey With Dolby Atmos. 2. Online Music Streaming

I have the AV7702mkII and two questions.

1. I have the Audyssey calibration done for my 7.2 theater. I'm about to switch to a Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 setup. Will a new Audyssey calibration test all 13 speakers or should I just keep my current calibration?

2. I use the "online music" input to stream WMA Lossless files from my Windows media server through my receiver. It works great, but the album artwork doesn't display. All of my artwork is a file with the name "Folder.jpg" that is stored in the album folder. This works fine with Windows Media Player on my computer and also works for Poweramp on my cell phone. How do I get artwork to display using the Marantz?

Thanks!
X-ray Doc is offline  
post #8714 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Advanced Member
 
audiodane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Hey everyone,

I'm making good progress on hooking everything up in my equipment rack, but am having an issue with the IR Flasher Input...

I have an Impact Solutions model 40430 IR Repeater (http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40...l-repeater-kit) that I've been using for years with high success (TiVo, Oppo BDP80, SR8001, etc.), but does NOT seem to be working with the AV7702mkII. I've swapped cables around (e.g. moving the one working into the BDP80 to the 7702mkII) with no improvement.

The IR Repeater datasheet indicates the transmit frequencies are 38kHz and 56kHz. I am wondering if the AV7702mkII uses a different IR band, but I cannot find documentation ANYWHERE revealing what it uses.

I saw a firmware update that supposedly addressed flasher input being ignored when in standby mode, but even when my 7702mkII is turned on, it does not respond via the flasher input.

I have not yet tried to stick an emitter on the front of the 7702mkII -- I suppose I could try that to confirm if it was just the flasher input or the IR repeater not repeating that particular frequency....

Any other thoughts or ideas?

cheers,
..dane
audiodane is offline  
post #8715 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 12:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout190 View Post
If you keep your receiver set to direct like Mark Alexander suggested then your receiver decides what speakers are used based on the signal coming in. If the signal is encoded in 5.1 or 7.1 or atmos then those speakers will play. If the signal coming in is PCM then usually it will just be your left, and right speakers with the sub. Most youtube stuff is in PCM two channel.

You can also disable certain speakers from the Marantz speaker setup menu as well.
The rub there is using DIRECT also disables Audyssey and bass management.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8716 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 12:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-ray Doc View Post
I have the AV7702mkII and two questions.

1. I have the Audyssey calibration done for my 7.2 theater. I'm about to switch to a Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 setup. Will a new Audyssey calibration test all 13 speakers or should I just keep my current calibration?

2. I use the "online music" input to stream WMA Lossless files from my Windows media server through my receiver. It works great, but the album artwork doesn't display. All of my artwork is a file with the name "Folder.jpg" that is stored in the album folder. This works fine with Windows Media Player on my computer and also works for Poweramp on my cell phone. How do I get artwork to display using the Marantz?

Thanks!
1. Whenever you add more speakers, change their location in the room, or change furniture around, you need to run Audyssey again which in your case will EQ all 11 speakers and 2 subs.
2. The file image must be limited to 500x500 pixels.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8717 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Member
 
X-ray Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
1. Whenever you add more speakers, change their location in the room, or change furniture around, you need to run Audyssey again which in your case will EQ all 11 speakers and 2 subs.
2. The file image must be limited to 500x500 pixels.
There must be some other limitation on the file image. I have "Folder.jpg" image files that are only 315 x 315 pixels and they're not showing up. Is there possibly a file size limit or do the images have to be embedded in the music file?
X-ray Doc is offline  
post #8718 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 12:14 PM
Member
 
X-ray Doc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-ray Doc View Post
There must be some other limitation on the file image. I have "Folder.jpg" image files that are only 315 x 315 pixels and they're not showing up. Is there possibly a file size limit or do the images have to be embedded in the music file?
I just had another thought. In the properties section of these image files I have "Read-only" and "Hidden" checked. I wonder if the Marantz can't see "Hidden" files? It's not a problem in Windows or on my cell phone.
X-ray Doc is offline  
post #8719 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 12:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-ray Doc View Post
I just had another thought. In the properties section of these image files I have "Read-only" and "Hidden" checked. I wonder if the Marantz can't see "Hidden" files? It's not a problem in Windows or on my cell phone.
Possibly, but also image likely has to be embedded in the music file.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8720 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 06:18 PM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout190 View Post
If you keep your receiver set to direct like Mark Alexander suggested then your receiver decides what speakers are used based on the signal coming in. If the signal is encoded in 5.1 or 7.1 or atmos then those speakers will play. If the signal coming in is PCM then usually it will just be your left, and right speakers with the sub. Most youtube stuff is in PCM two channel.

You can also disable certain speakers from the Marantz speaker setup menu as well.
Thanks for the replies. Maybe i didn't quite explain my question properly. I just recently added my 4 ceiling speakers to make it a 5.4.1 system. Before that it was a standard 5.1 system. On some occasions when watching or listening to things recorded in 2.0 I preferred the processor to turn 2 channel audio into Dolby Surround depending on which sounded better. I do realize that setting it to Direct or Stereo will utilize only the front L/R speakers if the input is stereo only, and i also realize that i can disable the ceiling speakers in the menu. What i was hoping is that i could leave the the ceiling speakers active and that when selecting regular Dolby Surround that only my original 5 speakers would play like before. i don't really like all 9 of them playing as it doesn't sound good to my ears. I'm assuming this isn't possible? Thanks again
smfins is offline  
post #8721 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 07:15 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
Thanks for the replies. Maybe i didn't quite explain my question properly. I just recently added my 4 ceiling speakers to make it a 5.4.1 system. Before that it was a standard 5.1 system. On some occasions when watching or listening to things recorded in 2.0 I preferred the processor to turn 2 channel audio into Dolby Surround depending on which sounded better. I do realize that setting it to Direct or Stereo will utilize only the front L/R speakers if the input is stereo only, and i also realize that i can disable the ceiling speakers in the menu. What i was hoping is that i could leave the the ceiling speakers active and that when selecting regular Dolby Surround that only my original 5 speakers would play like before. i don't really like all 9 of them playing as it doesn't sound good to my ears. I'm assuming this isn't possible? Thanks again
It is indeed possible as I noted in my earlier response to you.
smfins likes this.

Last edited by jdsmoothie; 03-10-2017 at 02:55 AM.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8722 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
It is indeed as I noted in my earlier response to you.
Bummer. 10-4
smfins is offline  
post #8723 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
The rub there is using DIRECT also disables Audyssey and bass management.
Yes and that sucks. That's why I never use direct.
smfins is offline  
post #8724 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 08:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,575
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5076
I think it would be in Dolby's best interest to bring back DPLII, IIx, and IIz as options. For music and comparison sake.

I actually prefer THX/DTS Neural (not Neural X, the precursor) to DPLII. I use it in my bedroom and family room 5.1 setups (Yamaha AVRs) as well as my Parent's (Onkyo AVR). It would be nice to include that as well. SiriusXM encodes many stations with 5.1 to 2.0 Neural and it seems to work well. (Although, I am decoding it with Logic7 in the car).

For 2ch music, PURE DIRECT sounds best to my ears. I don't apply surround upmixing to music (except in the car). I do listen to surround mixed music. I'm no audiphile but I like audio much more than I do video.

To each his own.
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #8725 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,575
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
I have now verified that the popping occurs only with RCA outs (main L/R or front wide configured as Speakers B) and an immersive setup (heights). No popping with vanilla 7.1 setup. No popping with 7.1.4 setup and XLR outputs.

The work around for now is to use XLR outputs and XLR-to-RCA adapters if necessary.

@Mitch57 any update from your dealer? Do you have an open ticket w/Marantz? I'm going to contact Marantz now that I can fully characterize the conditions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch57 View Post
No. I have no confidence in my Dealer doing much of anything. They say they will talk/input a fix request but every time I ask them about it they just tell me that I will probably have to wait for the next firmware update. But since my 7702mkii is a 2015 model, I doubt we will be seeing any more updates unless it's some critical problem. Even then, these big manufactures pretty much stop supporting them as soon as the next model generation is released.

Since hardly anyone else is complaining about this, I think it's, unfortunately, pretty much a dead issue for us.

My problem still exists and I'm using XLR cables. As I've said previously, it's unrelated to either trigger wire or RCA either. I've tested every possible scenario and was not able to resolve the issue.

Something in the firmware is causing it. A brand new unit, with the previous generation of software installed, did not have any popping. As soon as I updated the firmware (to the current firmware at that time) the popping resurfaced. It still pops with latest firmware as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
Just chiming in that I have the popping also. Sucks.
My popping is officially gone now that I am no longer using the RCA outputs for front L & R.

It sounds like my problem may have been somewhat different than yours. Here is the easiest way I duplicated the problem and maybe a way you guys can try working around it:

Set Speaker Amp Assign to 9.1 + Front B and enable the 4 heights. Here you will have an option to set Pre-out for Front B to FRONT WIDE/HEIGHT 2, HEIGHT 1, or SURROUND BACK.

Enable all of the Speakers under Speaker Config. When you go to Speakers/Levels Test Tone Start you may immediately hear relays click and corresponding pop in you L & R mains. As you transition from TOP FRONT R to TOP REAR R relay will click and a corresponding pop. Same as transitioning from TOP REAR L to TOP FRONT L.

Under Speakers, Manual Setup, Front Speaker you can change from A to B. Repeat the above test utilizing the three selectable pre-outs for Speaker B. Maybe you get lucky and don't get the clicking on one set.

Return speaker configs and re-run Audyssey.

If you still get clicking I would request an RMA and send your unit in or swap it for refurb. Don't just live with it!

I never sweated this because I know my dealer would get mine fixed or replacement (even over a year later). PM me if you need a new dealer.

Keep us posted, my fingers are crossed! 👍
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #8726 of 12302 Old 03-09-2017, 09:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mitch57's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: The Evergreen State, USA
Posts: 612
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Alexander View Post
My popping is officially gone now that I am no longer using the RCA outputs for front L & R.

It sounds like my problem may have been somewhat different than yours. Here is the easiest way I duplicated the problem and maybe a way you guys can try working around it:

Set Speaker Amp Assign to 9.1 + Front B and enable the 4 heights. Here you will have an option to set Pre-out for Front B to FRONT WIDE/HEIGHT 2, HEIGHT 1, or SURROUND BACK.

Enable all of the Speakers under Speaker Config. When you go to Speakers/Levels Test Tone Start you may immediately hear relays click and corresponding pop in you L & R mains. As you transition from TOP FRONT R to TOP REAR R relay will click and a corresponding pop. Same as transitioning from TOP REAR L to TOP FRONT L.

Under Speakers, Manual Setup, Front Speaker you can change from A to B. Repeat the above test utilizing the three selectable pre-outs for Speaker B. Maybe you get lucky and don't get the clicking on one set.

Return speaker configs and re-run Audyssey.

If you still get clicking I would request an RMA and send your unit in or swap it for refurb. Don't just live with it!

I never sweated this because I know my dealer would get mine fixed or replacement (even over a year later). PM me if you need a new dealer.

Keep us posted, my fingers are crossed! 👍
My dealer already gave me a brand new processor to try. Like I said previously, the new processor was silent when I first hooked it up. Everything was golden. Then I did the firmware update on the brand new processor. After the firmware update the popping started on the new processor as well.

What's the likely hood of two brand new processors exhibiting the same issue but only after a firmware update? Not likely, unless there was a bad batch of units. Not impossible, but not probable.

I'm pretty confident that it's a firmware issue. Plus it only does this on initial power up. I never hear the popping sound after that regardless of how many times I change inputs.
Mitch57 is offline  
post #8727 of 12302 Old 03-10-2017, 12:48 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
Marc Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Inland Empire, CA
Posts: 13,575
Mentioned: 244 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5528 Post(s)
Liked: 5076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch57 View Post
My dealer already gave me a brand new processor to try. Like I said previously, the new processor was silent when I first hooked it up. Everything was golden. Then I did the firmware update on the brand new processor. After the firmware update the popping started on the new processor as well.

What's the likely hood of two brand new processors exhibiting the same issue but only after a firmware update? Not likely, unless there was a bad batch of units. Not impossible, but not probable.

I'm pretty confident that it's a firmware issue. Plus it only does this on initial power up. I never hear the popping sound after that regardless of how many times I change inputs.
I was never getting the popping sound changing inputs. Just on power up, down/standby, and the process I listed earlier. Have you tried the process I listed to reproduce the popping in the Speaker Levels Test Tones?

I wonder if support can provide previous firmware releases (USB flash) to identify where the problem was introduced? I would be glad to test.

I plan to stick with the AV7702mkII because I am using Audyssey Pro. You should ask for a 7703!
Marc Alexander is offline  
post #8728 of 12302 Old 03-10-2017, 02:58 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 84,278
Mentioned: 746 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22737 Post(s)
Liked: 12381
Quote:
Originally Posted by smfins View Post
Bummer. 10-4
Huh? Why so? Your use case is doable.
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #8729 of 12302 Old 03-10-2017, 06:58 AM
Senior Member
 
smfins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 260
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Huh? Why so? Your use case is doable.
Won't i have to disable my ceiling speakers anytime i want to do this? Also, when disabling speakers after running audyysey doesn't that defeat the audyysey settings?
smfins is offline  
post #8730 of 12302 Old 03-10-2017, 07:17 AM
Advanced Member
 
audiodane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 906
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiodane View Post
I have an Impact Solutions model 40430 IR Repeater (http://www.cablestogo.com/product/40...l-repeater-kit) that I've been using for years with high success (TiVo, Oppo BDP80, SR8001, etc.), but does NOT seem to be working with the AV7702mkII. I've swapped cables around (e.g. moving the one working into the BDP80 to the 7702mkII) with no improvement. The IR Repeater datasheet indicates the transmit frequencies are 38kHz and 56kHz. I am wondering if the AV7702mkII uses a different IR band, but I cannot find documentation ANYWHERE revealing what it uses. I saw a firmware update that supposedly addressed flasher input being ignored when in standby mode, but even when my 7702mkII is turned on, it does not respond via the flasher input.

I have not yet tried to stick an emitter on the front of the 7702mkII -- I suppose I could try that to confirm if it was just the flasher input or the IR repeater not repeating that particular frequency....


Update: The IR Repeater seems to not be the problem...I connected a standard emitter to the front and it works beautifully. I am disappointed that the rear flasher input seems to not be working (it's a brand new unit), but at least I can move forward.


Has anyone else experienced IR Flasher input troubles?


cheers,
..dane
audiodane is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7010 , av7702mkii , hdmi marantz nr1506 , Marantz , marantz 7702 256gb ssd , marantz sr5010 , no sound , nr1506 , NR1606 , SR5010 , sr6010 , sr7010 , subwoofer

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off