*Official* Marantz 2015 NR-1506/1606, SR-5010/6010/7010 & AV7702mkII owner's thread - Page 331 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12638Likes

post #9901 of 12316 Old 09-08-2017, 01:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthray View Post
Would Marantz, actually be able to do that?
Reason wise, they only manufacture and service them, since you have to buy from a retailer.

Anyhow, all XLR output connections are dead silent, and hope the XLR to RCA will work, and call it a day if it does (those connectors should be here tomorrow [understand the resell value is going down, but where I live, no one is in into Audio, I got a PRS886Pro and an AV8801 collecting dust]).
If not, I will call Customer Service again to be send again, and will also ask them if it is possibility, for your suggestion.

Ray
I have exactly the same set up and had an annoying buzz in one of my surrounds. I went even so far as to run a new dedicated line with isolated ground for my system. Checked grounds on and on. Turns out it was a bad XLR cable. Never thought it was the cable.

Not really the same situation but thought I would throw it out there.
darthray likes this.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9902 of 12316 Old 09-08-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
First step in troubleshooting would be to determine if the BD itself is bad. Does the issue present with other BDs as well?
If yes,
Second step would be to try different HDMI cables as well as different HDMI inputs on the pre/pro.
If no joy,
Third step would be to do a soft reset by simply powering down the pre/pro and unplugging the power cable for 10 minutes.
If still no joy,
Fourth step would be to do a microprocessor reset as noted in post 7 of this thread.
Been working with Oppo tech support and we think we have it narrowed down to a HDCP issue with the Sony TV. They sent me some firmware to try which I will over the weekend.

Brian
post #9903 of 12316 Old 09-08-2017, 07:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 3376
Quote:
Did anyone else had trouble using the RCA output, on a Marantz 7702mkII.

I use an Outlaw power amp, model 7700 using the XLR connection, Also use XLR for the two subs.
Trying to get Atmos going, but unfortunately, the AVP has a buzzing noise for the rear ceiling speaker, using RCA connection due the extra amp does not accept XLR (outlaw Audio model 5000).

I have eliminated the RCA cord, speaker and wiring for them and the new amp, by doing lots of trouble shouting.
When using the RCA connection on my Left, Right and the two surrounds, there was also a buzzing noise on all of them, the only RCA output connection from the AVP that is silent, is Front Height.

The 7702mkII went for repair, once back the problem is still there, Marantz Customer Service told me to send it back for repair.
I told them to put a note in my file since it take a month turn around, and was going to try this step first;
I am going to try to use the XLR output by using a Female XLR to RCA.
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-Pro-PPRCX...ale+xlr+to+rca

Who knows, it might fix the problem, since I suspect the RCA output might have a bad circuit board, then again, I could be wrong.

Ray
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlvi3 View Post
I have exactly the same set up and had an annoying buzz in one of my surrounds. I went even so far as to run a new dedicated line with isolated ground for my system. Checked grounds on and on. Turns out it was a bad XLR cable. Never thought it was the cable.

Not really the same situation but thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks Brian for your response and tried to help, very much appreciated

The patch cord was a big possibility and could have miss that.
Since I do try to help other members often with trouble shouting, and went though a lot of different possibility to check for the is it;
-the new speakers wires crossing a power line (in the ceiling, since when fishing the wire, you do not know what is in the path of the speakers wire going to it's destination [other than no power where the hole need to drill {check that}])
-the new 15 amp dictated plug and circuit
-RCA cables
-The new power amp
-Or is it the new AV7702mkII, circuit board for the RCA output.

After moving the RCA cables around, plug the new amp to a different circuit, and the speakers input, in many different scenario, I have eliminated all of them as the culprit.
This left me with the AV7702mkII, so I tried the RCA input on my Balance Power amp using the RCA input and the Left, Right and surrounds using the RCA output from the AV7702mkII, the result was buzzing noise on all of them

So I order those XLR connector that goes into RCA plug;
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-Pro-PPRCX...glnk-ca-c18-20
And Voila! The problem is fix, all speakers work and are dead silent now
Music to my ears

In my case since it was using the XLR for 7 speakers and 2 subs, and 4 RCA for the ceiling duty due the model of my extra amp.
The RCA output have a bad ground
But now very happy since with cheater connectors, I use all the XLR output and now, it is all good

Ray
mrtickleuk likes this.

Last edited by darthray; 09-09-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9904 of 12316 Old 09-09-2017, 02:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked: 71
Klipsch CP-6 outdoor speaker as indoor (4 height channels setup, receiving two, ATM).
Hello everybody here! I'm posting here as I saw someone who was in this thread had used Klipsch CP-6 as height or surround channels (but atm I cannot trace his/her messages, neither see user signatures in Chrome on Android). Got a good deal on last pair on Amazon.De ( speakers are arriving from GB, doh!), if I will find another pair I will go that route, otherwise CP-6 will go to the outside pergola. So shortly, I am trying anticipating knowledge over material handling!
Anyway, I love my setup!
TIA
Alessandro

Marantz Sr7011, Galactron Mk10b, Pioneer VsxLx50. Klipsch Cornwall, Wharfedale 9.1, Klipsch CP-6. Sony UbpX800, Lg Up970, Hisense 55M5500. 110 inches rolling screen, excelvan cl720d.
post #9905 of 12316 Old 09-09-2017, 11:53 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
The AVR is doing this because you have HDMI-CEC (eg. Anynet+, BraviaSync, VierraLink, SimpLink, etc.) enabled on your TV and the "TV Audio Switching" setting (p. 177 Owner's manual) on the AVR defaults to "ON", so set it to "OFF" and then when you want to listen to one of the TV's smart apps, you simply select "TV Audio" on the remote.
Thank you. This worked perfectly.
post #9906 of 12316 Old 09-11-2017, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cant get into 'Network' on set-up Menu

Hello, I purchased a NR1506 around a year ago. When I first done the set-up I could immediately play music through the reciever via my Iphone and Imac. I had no issues with this function until recently as nothing seems to be talking among my phone, Mac and reciever. I guessed it would be WIFI settings, so I went into the menu/Network to try and see if the settings had been lost, but the Network menu will only let me access 'Information' and 'Diagnostics', both of which dont do anything. The reciever wont let me highlight and select the other selectiond e.g Connection/Settings /Network control etc. I tried the Discrete Netwok chip reset, but nothing happened other than 'please wait' for what seemed an age. I have looked at the online manual, but I cant see a way to access these settings via my remote control. Any idea how to get round this issue? Many thanks.
post #9907 of 12316 Old 09-11-2017, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Thanks Brian for your response and tried to help, very much appreciated

The patch cord was a big possibility and could have miss that.
Since I do try to help other members often with trouble shouting, and went though a lot of different possibility to check for the is it;
-the new speakers wires crossing a power line (in the ceiling, since when fishing the wire, you do not know what is in the path of the speakers wire going to it's destination [other than no power where the hole need to drill {check that}])
-the new 15 amp dictated plug and circuit
-RCA cables
-The new power amp
-Or is it the new AV7702mkII, circuit board for the RCA output.

After moving the RCA cables around, plug the new amp to a different circuit, and the speakers input, in many different scenario, I have eliminated all of them as the culprit.
This left me with the AV7702mkII, so I tried the RCA input on my Balance Power amp using the RCA input and the Left, Right and surrounds using the RCA output from the AV7702mkII, the result was buzzing noise on all of them

So I order those XLR connector that goes into RCA plug;
https://www.amazon.ca/Pyle-Pro-PPRCX...glnk-ca-c18-20
And Voila! The problem is fix, all speakers work and are dead silent now
Music to my ears

In my case since it was using the XLR for 7 speakers and 2 subs, and 4 RCA for the ceiling duty due the model of my extra amp.
The RCA output have a bad ground
But now very happy since with cheater connectors, I use all the XLR output and now, it is all good

Ray
Good to hear!!!
darthray likes this.

Brian
post #9908 of 12316 Old 09-13-2017, 09:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2304 Post(s)
Liked: 3376
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianlvi3 View Post
Good to hear!!!

Thanks!!!

I should have had went that way first time, instead of trying to send it for repair as I expected the unit had two different circuit board (one for RCA Output, and one for the XLR Output).

Of course, as an honest person this unit took a hit for resell value, since the RCA Output cannot be use anymore
That said, from previous experience, around this part of the Country, does not really matter.

Still have an Onkyo PRS886 Pro, and soon to be a Marantz AV8801 that will be collecting dust over the original Box.

Sometime, the easiest way by thinking outside the box, are the best way to go

Ray
post #9909 of 12316 Old 09-13-2017, 09:55 PM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 19
So my setup (below) that has been working for almost year, today just stopped.

It started with the ARC TV audio not working. I just have the TV and receiver hooked up via HDMI (no optical). This, as I said, has worked for a year without a problem, sending the audio from all the smart TV apps to the receiver and out to my speakers. Today it stopped. I checked a bunch of settings to make sure the kids hadn't pushed the wrong button. I turned ARC off and the on again (TV and receiver).

Then I did a factory reset on the receiver and the TV. This really seems to have screwed everything up. I went back through the receiver setup and configured everything as before (except Audyssey). All the audio was working, except still no audio from the Smart TV apps. Reenabled ARC - fooled with every setting I could think of - and still nothing.

Then at some point, I have no idea what I did, I lost all audio completely. Every device (all HDMI devices), no matter what setting, just stopped putting out audio. I went back through the setup to make sure at least the test tones would play in the speakers and they did. Yet none of my devices can get audio output.

I've unplugged the Marantz and am waiting 10 minutes to see if that changes anything but I'm pretty frustrated at this point. How does a setup just stop working out of nowhere?
post #9910 of 12316 Old 09-13-2017, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pupator View Post
So my setup (below) that has been working for almost year, today just stopped.

It started with the ARC TV audio not working. I just have the TV and receiver hooked up via HDMI (no optical). This, as I said, has worked for a year without a problem, sending the audio from all the smart TV apps to the receiver and out to my speakers. Today it stopped. I checked a bunch of settings to make sure the kids hadn't pushed the wrong button. I turned ARC off and the on again (TV and receiver).

Then I did a factory reset on the receiver and the TV. This really seems to have screwed everything up. I went back through the receiver setup and configured everything as before (except Audyssey). All the audio was working, except still no audio from the Smart TV apps. Reenabled ARC - fooled with every setting I could think of - and still nothing.

Then at some point, I have no idea what I did, I lost all audio completely. Every device (all HDMI devices), no matter what setting, just stopped putting out audio. I went back through the setup to make sure at least the test tones would play in the speakers and they did. Yet none of my devices can get audio output.

I've unplugged the Marantz and am waiting 10 minutes to see if that changes anything but I'm pretty frustrated at this point. How does a setup just stop working out of nowhere?
Update: The 10 minute unplug reset got audio back. ARC is still not working. When I use the Smart TV apps it's total silence unless I switch (on the TV) the audio output from the receiver to the TV speakers.
post #9911 of 12316 Old 09-13-2017, 10:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 987 Post(s)
Liked: 329
Quote:
Update: The 10 minute unplug reset got audio back. ARC is still not working. When I use the Smart TV apps it's total silence unless I switch (on the TV) the audio output from the receiver to the TV speakers.

Have you tried a factory reset?

Klipsch Reference Premiere: 4 x RP-280's, 1 x RP 450C and dual R-115W's
Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
post #9912 of 12316 Old 09-13-2017, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMWhizzle View Post
Have you tried a factory reset?
Yes (you can see where in the process I did that in my first post). Still no go on the ARC, sadly.
post #9913 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 05:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 751 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22771 Post(s)
Liked: 12419
Quote:
Try doing a "soft reset" again but this time in addition to unplugging the power cord of the AVR also unplug the HDMI cable connecting the AVR to the TV as well as the TV's power cord too.
post #9914 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gardner View Post
Hello, I purchased a NR1506 around a year ago. When I first done the set-up I could immediately play music through the reciever via my Iphone and Imac. I had no issues with this function until recently as nothing seems to be talking among my phone, Mac and reciever. I guessed it would be WIFI settings, so I went into the menu/Network to try and see if the settings had been lost, but the Network menu will only let me access 'Information' and 'Diagnostics', both of which dont do anything. The reciever wont let me highlight and select the other selectiond e.g Connection/Settings /Network control etc. I tried the Discrete Netwok chip reset, but nothing happened other than 'please wait' for what seemed an age. I have looked at the online manual, but I cant see a way to access these settings via my remote control. Any idea how to get round this issue? Many thanks.
The next step would be to refer to post 2 and do a "Network Reset."
post #9915 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 08:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 772 Post(s)
Liked: 432
I'm seeing postings that Denon components have received Dolby Vision passthrough firmware this week. Anyone seen an update on our Marantz equipment yet? This is perfect timing before the Apple TV comes out.

Video: JVC NX7, Stewart Cima Neve 135"
Audio: Marantz AV7704, Emotiva XPA-11 Gen 3
Speakers: Focal Electra 1038 Be x 2, Electra CC 1008 Be, Aria 906 x 8, REL S5 SHO x 2
Sources: Apple TV 4k, Kaleidescape Strato, Oppo 203, Xbox One X, Nintendo Switch
Xbox Live: TrackZ
post #9916 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaremyP View Post
I'm seeing postings that Denon components have received Dolby Vision passthrough firmware this week. Anyone seen an update on our Marantz equipment yet? This is perfect timing before the Apple TV comes out.
The lower 2016 Denon AVR models are getting the update. I would expect the 2016 Marantz models to follow shortly with the 2015 D+M models likely next month.
Dan Hitchman, nathan_h and TrueDis like this.
post #9917 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 03:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 48
My 4 height speakers are currently connected to my amp from the unbalanced outs on my 7702mkii. I plan on switching them to the the balanced outs - will I need to rerun Audyssey?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JVC RS640; RUIPRO 10m HDMI cable; Marantz AV7704; Lumagen Pro 4240; Oppo BDP-203;Triad Silver LCR, Onwall Bronze Surround, Inwall Bronze Omni, KEF Inceiling Ci 160QR x 4; Dual RSS460HO-4 18" SWs
post #9918 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskreis View Post
My 4 height speakers are currently connected to my amp from the unbalanced outs on my 7702mkii. I plan on switching them to the the balanced outs - will I need to rerun Audyssey?
Switching from RCA to balanced will likely change the relative volume level of those speakers by a decibel or three, but it shouldn't affect the Audyssey room correction. If you switch and want to just tweak the channel level trims a bit, then sure, you can use your existing calibration rather than re-running Audyssey....
mskreis likes this.

Primary (2.1): Thiel CS 1.2 / Velodyne F1000 sub / Adcom GFA-555 Mk2 / Rotel 970BX / Sony CDP-CA9 ES
Secondary (5.1): Paradigm Mini-Monitor v.3 / CC270 v.3 center / ADP-170 v.2 surrounds /
SVS SB1000 sub / Marantz SR-6010 / AppleTV + Win7 PC / BenQ BL3200PT
post #9919 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SR6010 firmware update

My SR6010 did a firmware update yesterday. I can't see any documentation anywhere as to what it did. Dolby Vision update perhaps? If I can get a few minutes this weekend I will try and test it to see.
post #9920 of 12316 Old 09-14-2017, 11:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadwookiee View Post
My SR6010 did a firmware update yesterday. I can't see any documentation anywhere as to what it did. Dolby Vision update perhaps? If I can get a few minutes this weekend I will try and test it to see.

I did not receive an update yet. Where do you live?

Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
post #9921 of 12316 Old 09-15-2017, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2742 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
Yes please share what version it updated to.
post #9922 of 12316 Old 09-15-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:
I did not receive an update yet. Where do you live?
I live in the US, specifically Missouri. I will look when I get home for the version.
post #9923 of 12316 Old 09-15-2017, 04:05 PM

Firmware

I checked my firmware and it is the following:

Version 0992-9380-5220-04
-DTS Version 3.90.35.00

I don't know whether this is actually new or it took my receiver forever to get an old update. However, it is constantly on and hooked up to the internet.
post #9924 of 12316 Old 09-15-2017, 10:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2742 Post(s)
Liked: 1962
That looks like a new one. Cool.
post #9925 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 05:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smadwookiee View Post
I checked my firmware and it is the following:

Version 0992-9380-5220-04

-DTS Version 3.90.35.00

I don't know whether this is actually new or it took my receiver forever to get an old update. However, it is constantly on and hooked up to the internet.

Is there a change log available somewhere?

Marantz 7011 AVR
LG OLED B6
Apple TV 4K
PlayStation Pro
post #9926 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 1728 Post(s)
Liked: 905
Quote:
Is there a change log available somewhere?
Check out the first page of this thread and you will see it, cheers.
post #9927 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 07:49 AM

Firmware

The update did not enable Dolby Vision pass through. Tested it with my Oppo 203 and a Dolby Vision file on USB. TV said HDR when passing through the 6010. TV said Dolby Vision when the USB was plugged in directly.
post #9928 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 08:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I have the SR5010 and an external amp. My question is about a Dolby Atmos configuration. I know that the SR5010 is limited to 5.1.2 for Atmos. Does this mean that even with an external amp I would not be able to hear anything coming from my back surround speakers when running an Atmos setup? I assume I would not since the SR5010 is a 7 channel processor. Thanks.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds,Monitor surround 3v7-bck surr
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6 OLED
Outlaw 976 prepro/ Emotiva BasX A-700amp/PSA 15S sub
post #9929 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdanderson View Post
I have the SR5010 and an external amp. My question is about a Dolby Atmos configuration. I know that the SR5010 is limited to 5.1.2 for Atmos. Does this mean that even with an external amp I would not be able to hear anything coming from my back surround speakers when running an Atmos setup? I assume I would not since the SR5010 is a 7 channel processor. Thanks.
Correct. Max 7CH processing so either Surround Back or 2 Atmos.
post #9930 of 12316 Old 09-16-2017, 03:12 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
Correct. Max 7CH processing so either Surround Back or 2 Atmos.
Thank you for the help. Thinking about going with a 5.1.2 setup for Atmos . I would have to get Atmos enabled speakers to go on top of my Paradigm Studio 20s since I live in an apt. and can't do the ceiling speakers.

Paradigm Studio 20v5-fronts
Paradigm Studio CC-490v5-center
Paradigm Studio 10v5- side surrounds,Monitor surround 3v7-bck surr
Oppo UDP-205/LG 65C6 OLED
Outlaw 976 prepro/ Emotiva BasX A-700amp/PSA 15S sub
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Tags
7010 , av7702mkii , hdmi marantz nr1506 , Marantz , marantz 7702 256gb ssd , marantz sr5010 , no sound , nr1506 , NR1606 , SR5010 , sr6010 , sr7010 , subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page