BTW, this update does nothing for my Atmos lip sync issue with Netflix on my TV over ARC.
However, for that I put the blame on the Netflix app, and its implementation on my TV. For some reason, it is not bit streamed. For DD+ and Atmos, it would appear the audio is converted to PCM and then transmitted to the receiver, but this adds audio delay, thereby causing lip sync issues. There are no lip sync issues over optical, but that's just the old school Dolby Digital 5.1, bit streamed and processed by the Marantz.
I suspect if they simply bit streamed DD+ and Atmos, this wouldn't be a problem.
It's fixed, with Auto Lip Sync. (Not sure if it's because I didn't set it up right the first time I tried it (before the update) or if this firmware update fixed Auto Lip Sync. I assume it's because I just didn't set it up right since the firmware didn't mention anything about lip sync.)
Last edited by BuGsArEtAsTy; 09-05-2018 at 08:44 AM.