Which banana plugs to use with Denon X4000 ? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By eljaycanuck
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 02:42 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Which banana plugs to use with Denon X4000 ?

Hi everyone ... Can someone please tell me what type of banana plugs to use for connecting speaker cables to a Denon X4000 ? I have several different types of banana plugs from Monoprice but I don't know which one is compatible with the said AVR. X4000 seems to only support bare wire connections for speakers, but several threads on AVS state that it DOES support banana plug connections too. Can someone help me out ? Which banana plug type should I be using, or is there some 'hack' involved ?
ahmadka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 02:54 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
jdsmoothie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 83,056
Mentioned: 703 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22042 Post(s)
Liked: 11956
Either the "open" or "closed" banana plugs linked below will fit just fine.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

Also note there is a dedicated thread for the 2013 Denon AVR models linked below for more helpful information on your X4000 ....

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post23134210
jdsmoothie is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 AM
 
lovinthehd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: OROR
Posts: 16,231
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4588 Post(s)
Liked: 4791
Did you try and insert a banana plug and it was blocked by a little plastic plug? If so, pull out the little plug, something pointy like an awl worked on some gear I had that came plugged up like that...
lovinthehd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 06:00 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
ahmadka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 255
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie View Post
Either the "open" or "closed" banana plugs linked below will fit just fine.

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2
I have those, but I don't see any way of fitting them into X4000's connection side :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinthehd View Post
Did you try and insert a banana plug and it was blocked by a little plastic plug? If so, pull out the little plug, something pointy like an awl worked on some gear I had that came plugged up like that...
I know about that trick, but I don't see anything similar on an X4000 ..
ahmadka is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
eljaycanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 9,790
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1865 Post(s)
Liked: 2615
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka
... Can someone please tell me what type of banana plugs to use for connecting speaker cables to a Denon X4000 ? I have several different types of banana plugs from Monoprice but I don't know which one is compatible with the said AVR. ...
I have an AVR-X4000 and I've had no problem inserting banana plugs into the ends of the speaker-level terminals.


You have several types of plugs on hand - have you actually tried plugging any of them in? If 'yes', please describe what problem you're having with inserting the plugs.
lovinthehd likes this.

Last edited by eljaycanuck; 06-15-2015 at 06:08 AM.
eljaycanuck is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tezster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mississauga, Canada
Posts: 1,705
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadka View Post
I have those, but I don't see any way of fitting them into X4000's connection side :/
Just to be clear, bare wires are inserted through the side of the speaker terminal, and banana plugs plug in from the back (like an RCA cable). I just switched from bare wire to banana plugs (Sewell Deadbolts) a few weeks ago on my X4000, and it only took me a few minutes to re-connect them.
tezster is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 06-15-2015, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
sjm817's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,373
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
Just to be clear, bare wires are inserted through the side of the speaker terminal, and banana plugs plug in from the back (like an RCA cable). I just switched from bare wire to banana plugs (Sewell Deadbolts) a few weeks ago on my X4000, and it only took me a few minutes to re-connect them.
+1 on the Deadbolts. Nice small, easy to assemble. I use them with an X2100W
sjm817 is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 07-02-2015, 03:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Sewell banana plugs
slippin82 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 07-02-2015, 04:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
toddman36's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 1,360
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 507 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Sewell deadbolts work great and are Cheap! I bought 2 packs of 12 prs each for 55.90 on Amazon!
toddman36 is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 07-02-2015, 06:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2,372
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 909 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Went with the Sewell Silver backs for $28 on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o01_s00
kluken is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 07-03-2015, 02:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
ThePrisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,692
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 345 Post(s)
Liked: 250
My mains & center speaker have locking bananas from Blue Jeans Cable and they work great. Rest of speakers have cheap Rocket Fish banana plugs which do work well.
ThePrisoner is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Receivers, Amps, and Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off